• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I am curious. I would like to see some replies on how long you wait to send your RCS message to folks who have abandoned their carts?

Just assume you know the approximate time of day they abandoned the cart.

I usually send it within hours but I was wondering what others do and what you think about me sending the email within hours of thier abandon cart incident as opposed to say waiting a whole day. My thoughts on waiting a whole day is that they may purchase from someone else within that 24 hour period.

In my opinon, if they purchase from someone else in that 24 hour period, then they just decided they didn't want to purchase whatever it was from your store. Most people wouldn't have forgotten in that short period of time. I don't think reminding them after a few hours will make a difference. It may, however, seem very intrusive and pushy. I would be turned off if I received such an e-mail within hours. Perhaps the customer is planning on going back in a few days. I prefer to send this message 3-4 days after they have abandoned their cart, just as a friendly reminder.

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

atleast 5 minutes. I goofed once tho and ran the thing while someone was still shopping, I don't agree with the last guy tho. If they want something and they are having problems getting it from your site they are going to go on to the next site and buy what they wanted.

I agree with both of you. You have to take a chance either way.

As far as the goof, yes, you have to watch this. Before you send the RCS message you have to check your "Whose Online" and see if any of your abandoned carts are actually folks who are about to checkout.

Actually, on the "pushy" subject.

The default message that comes with RCS mod says nothing about making a purchase and does not push them to complete their purchase. It mereley asks if there is anything that went wrong and that your company is always looking for ways to improve the customer experience.

Most do not reply. Most that do, are really nice and helpful an offer some great insight and some actually DO go back and purchase!!! :) :) :)

Edited by cxm322

Actually, on the "pushy" subject.

The default message that comes with RCS mod says nothing about making a purchase and does not push them to complete their purchase. It mereley asks if there is anything that went wrong and that your company is always looking for ways to improve the customer experience.

Most do not reply. Most that do, are really nice and helpful an offer some great insight and some actually DO go back and purchase!!! :) :) :)

Why diod I make the message I did?

Because I wanted to get feedback.

If they don't respond, then they don't. I have made at least three major changes to my version of OSC based on feedback that I have received from RCS. In all three cases I also closed the sale!

The GOAL of the message is to elicit a higher level of customer service. Every once in a while I get a message that says, "I found what I was looking for somewhere else, but thanks for asking, I've bookmarked you and I will be back."

Nost stores see you come, drop off, and then don't do anything. By going *above* that in customer service, even if you don't make the sale, you stay in their mind, and they don't forget.

There are still many people that go to "full service" gas stations. The question is, is the price increase worth the service? I can't compete on prices in every single item I sell (we have 2000 on-line and are adding another 2000 within the next four months), but if it's a few cents here-or-there and the "service" is *outstanding* then there will be some percent that will come for the outstanding service in spite of the few cents more-or-less.

It cost time and momey to "capture" a customer. Once you have them you can spend far less time and money to keep them. When you have items that they will use/reorder (like my educational supplies), once you have them, you can generate more business with less effort just by maintaining high standards of quality service.

As for contacting. I run the RCS tool every two to three days.