• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Yet Another Easy Populate Problem

reasonable

OKay I've been using easy populate for a couple of mnths without issues. Even did the manual entry of attributes for a while. Now have 2.73 (shows as 2.72) and cannot export a file. It acts like it is working and then returns a page cannot be displayed. It is not writing a file and the paths are correct and permissions set. If I try to upload a fully populated file it says it updates everything but none of the attributes show in the catalog.

It is not returning any errors in either scenario. Just seems to have stopped working. Any ideas? I have the attribute sorter / copier and improved attributes editor installed. It is OSC 2.2MS2.

Thanks

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

i had the same problem and needed to make sure the properties are 777 on the respective files. also, are you using /store or /catalog? which, if /catalog then no problem, if another folder then you have to change ep to match it

Thanks. Yeah the path is set correctly as are the permissions on the folder. Just did a split successfully but the upload still did not seem to update the database. And I still cannot export a file.

Edited by reasonable

Ron

Easy Populate 2.73 and Products Item Editor 1.3

Okay I know there's lot of easy populate threads. I got this to work temporarily by removing all the other back end mods except easy populate. It downloaded and it uploaded even though it carry the attribs over into the product info. So now I have the products item editor 1.3 installed and it works but EP has quit again.

So once again I ask if anyone has any ideas how to get the two to work together or to get EP to put the info where it goes?

Thanks,

Ron

OKay the saga continues. If I turn off the attributes in easypopulate.php then I get a download file that consists of the model number and the end of the record. If I turn attributes on and set the ones that I want to see it times out and gives the page cannot be displayed error instead of creating the file. This is a shared server so I do not have much input on the config of the services.

The settings for the time out is already set to the 330 mark in the easypopulate file and everything else has been set for our site. Any further ideas n how to get the downloads to work in a useful manner?

Regards,

Ron

• 3 years later...
OKay I've been using easy populate for a couple of mnths without issues. Even did the manual entry of attributes for a while. Now have 2.73 (shows as 2.72) and cannot export a file. It acts like it is working and then returns a page cannot be displayed. It is not writing a file and the paths are correct and permissions set. If I try to upload a fully populated file it says it updates everything but none of the attributes show in the catalog.

It is not returning any errors in either scenario. Just seems to have stopped working. Any ideas? I have the attribute sorter / copier and improved attributes editor installed. It is OSC 2.2MS2.

Thanks

I have this problem too, the same symptoms, it works fine & then one day..... nothing.

What I find is that also had a problem with the Google base feeders, I used googlefeeder.php & later tried google_base.php too. Neitehr of those worked either & my original feed module, googlefeeder.php, stopped working at the same time Easy Popualte did.

Now here's the REALLY suspicious part! I took my code from my first site a long time ago to clone it to another server for a separate store. Here EP & Googlefeeder.php continue to WORK FINE. Since the differences are minimal & mainl cosmetic I cloned the site back onto my original server & got the same trouble, EP & the Google base feed module won't work.

This HAS to be a MySQL/Database problem, but what? Iv'e scratched my head & worked wit my server's tech supprot team, but nothing turns up.

This is REALLY frustrating especially as I can't get new inventory/price changes uploaded to my original store as EP just won't respond.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to fix the problem as far as I can tell. Although the site was working fine & was pretty fast I decided to OPTIMIZE the whole DB in PHPMyAdmin. After I was finished googlefeeder.php & Easy Populate started working again.

There must have been some sort of problem in the DB that was hanging up EP & googlefeder but which didn't stop the store from running.This is REALLY strange but it's all working fine now so I'm happy.

Of course anyone who tries this must back up their DB first.

I have this problem too, the same symptoms, it works fine & then one day..... nothing.

What I find is that also had a problem with the Google base feeders, I used googlefeeder.php & later tried google_base.php too. Neitehr of those worked either & my original feed module, googlefeeder.php, stopped working at the same time Easy Popualte did.

Now here's the REALLY suspicious part! I took my code from my first site a long time ago to clone it to another server for a separate store. Here EP & Googlefeeder.php continue to WORK FINE. Since the differences are minimal & mainl cosmetic I cloned the site back onto my original server & got the same trouble, EP & the Google base feed module won't work.

This HAS to be a MySQL/Database problem, but what? Iv'e scratched my head & worked wit my server's tech supprot team, but nothing turns up.

This is REALLY frustrating especially as I can't get new inventory/price changes uploaded to my original store as EP just won't respond.

I managed to fix the problem as far as I can tell. Although the site was working fine & was pretty fast I decided to OPTIMIZE the whole DB in PHPMyAdmin. After I was finished googlefeeder.php & Easy Populate started working again.

There must have been some sort of problem in the DB that was hanging up EP & googlefeder but which didn't stop the store from running.This is REALLY strange but it's all working fine now so I'm happy.

Of course anyone who tries this must back up their DB first.

SIGH! >_< Well after posting that I ran EP again & it is back to not responding again. Googlefeeder.php is still working, but I note it is taking about 30 seconds longer than before.

I'm completely stumped! :(

do you have additional indexes on your products table ?

especially one on the products_model field might help to speed things up a bit

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I was able to install EP correctly. Works like a charm. One question if anyone can answer. Now that I am able to load products by the loads, is there a was to delete the items that aren't needed anymore other than going into the Admin Control Panel and proceeding from there?My example would be downloading the file making changes as necessary but say I no longer carry certain products, I remove them from list, upload, verify the upload is good, but the products that I removed are still in the DB, because the upload does not remove.

Never mind, I found it in the docs after doing a search. You must do the following:

// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system

define ('EP_DELETE_IT', 'Delete');

Edited by ctec2001

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

do you have additional indexes on your products table ?

especially one on the products_model field might help to speed things up a bit

I'll have to look into that. Indexes are still a bit ahead of my experience, I'm only just getting pamiliar with php after 2 years of doing tis!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll report back what I find.