• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Order page

Imagine one of my customers had my wholesale catalogue in front of them with all my products neatly laid out with product codes etc. He/she wants to order online but doesn't want to be bothered finding each individual product and selecting 'in cart' and then messing about altering the quantity.

So what if we had an "easy order" page which is a single page listing all products by name and by product code (model no.), like the allprods contrib, but with a little box next to them for the customer to type the quantity they desire.

At the bottom of the page would be a big "place order" button so when the customer has chosen all their products on the one page, they click that and they go straight to checkout.

So they would be able to complete their order in about 1/4 of the time, if not less.

Problem is, I cannot write code. I can adapt it sometimes but I can't write it. I could make the list of products but I couldn't write the code for the box and I wouldn't know how to make the button do what I wanted it to.

Anyone else who might find this useful want to collaborate on this one??

OK - I've done the cosmetic work but I need functionality.

Currently it looks like this:

http://cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/wholesale/allprods.php

Obviously an adaptation of allprods but no images and showing the product code. I need code to put a little box where it says box here. Currently that code just looks like this:

<td class='productListing-data' align='right'>box here</td>

I am sure it will be very simple just to add a box to put a quantity in - the biggie will be getting the functionality to get all the quantities from this page and put them in the shipping cart on pressing the Place Order button which currently doesn't exist.

At the moment it's just the Continue button which takes you back to the front page thusly:

<td align="right" class="main"><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

I can make a new button easily and put it there but it's the functions I need help with.

Anyone want to help me on this one?

Unfortunately, this has now gone way beyond my level of expertise.

I have examined the functions of the In cart button on the product page and the Buy Now button on the listing page and also the shopping cart actions in application_top in the hopes of cobbling together some kind of code for my easy order button but nothing worked.

Also, I realised that, as it stands, this would not work for any product that had attributes. There would probably be a way of listing the attributes on the easy order page just as on the products_info page.

So the button would not only have to get the quantity from each product, it would also need to look and see if the product had attributes and include those also.

I think this contrib would be really good for stores with not so many products - buy everything on one page.

PHP gurus - we need your help!!!!

Edit: the code I have used for the box I nicked from a great little contrib which allows you to place a quantity box on the products_info page before adding it to the cart.

<input type='text' name='quantity' value='0' maxlength='3' size='2'>

Also the code for the button I copied straight from the products_info page also

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

Now I didn't think for a second that this would actually work - far too easy. But it gives you an idea of what I'm working with.

Edited by JulieCSM

OK - I've given up. Found this contrib, the Product Listing with quantity box and attributes and thought I might be able to hack the code, but it looks far too cmplicated.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1098

So I installed the contrib instead.

Not quite as convenient as having it all on one page but certainly a heck of a lot better than going through individual product pages.

If anyone feels confident and wants to hack the contrib to try and make it do on one page, then feel free to post your ideas here.

dont give up yet

you need to make the page a form so that the buy button works...then some other things need to taken from other contribs to get the multiple products on one page to be added at once...

I think its worth doing and looking into..I like the idea.

Start with this and we will see how it goes. Add this just above where it starts the php code to display the listing:

<form name="easy_order" method="post" action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_easy', 'NONSSL'); ?>">

For the button make sure it reads something like (has the function tep_image_submit):

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

Also make sure you close out the form shortly after by using </form> usually around where the <table>, etc. are all being closed.

In application_top.php find this:

if (DISPLAY_CART == 'true') {
     $goto =  FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART;
     $parameters = array('action', 'cPath', 'products_id', 'pid');
   } else {
     $goto = basename($PHP_SELF);
     if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'buy_now') {
       $parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_id');
     } else {
       $parameters = array('action', 'pid');
     }
   }

Add this right after:

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'add_easy') {
       $parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_id');
     }

Right below the above find this:

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {

Then add this just below that line:

case 'add_easy':
       for ($i=1; $i<=sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);$i++) {
         $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$i]))+($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_id'][$i]), $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$i]);
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters), 'NONSSL'));
     break;

^Well, I added a heck of a lot more than that to install the above contrib, which basically does what we said but in default instead of a new page.

What we really need is something which basically takes the altered product_listing module, which already does this, and puts it in the easy order page. I think this would be a better way to go than writing all the code agin.

I did actually try just making a new page and inserting it and this was the result:

http://www.cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/wholesale/easyorder.php

LOL - obviously missing something vital ;)

I will look at the surrounding code in default.php which calls the product listing and see if I can copy that.

For people who don't have the altered product_listing we could create a copy called product_list_easy or something and have it call that instead.

Watch this space.

OK - I think I'm nearly there. This is the code for my new page easyrorder.php which is basically a stright copy of the section of default.php which creates the product listing. I have installed the Product Listing with attributes contrib which shows the attributes and a quantity box on the product listing page and I am trying to get it to show the same but for all products on a separate page.

<?php
/*
 $Id: shipping.php,v 1.21 2003/02/13 04:23:23 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ALLPRODS);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->
<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="1" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->

<?php     // create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER, 
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE, 
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY, 
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT, 
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE' => PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE, 
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);
   asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($column, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value) $column_list[] = $column;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
           if ( ($column_list[$col] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW') || ($column_list[$col] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE') || ($column_list[$col] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE') ) {
       continue;
     }

if (tep_not_null($select_column_list)) {
       $select_column_list .= ', ';
     }

switch ($column_list[$col]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight';
         break;
     }
   }

if (tep_not_null($select_column_list)) {
     $select_column_list .= ', ';
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
// We build the categories-dropdown
     $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "'";
     }
// We build the manufacturers Dropdown
     $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
   }

if ( (!$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'],0,1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
       if ($column_list[$col] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $col+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
     $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
     switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <form>
         <tr>
<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . TEXT_SHOW . '<select size="1" onChange="if(options[selectedIndex].value) window.location.href=(options[selectedIndex].value)">';
       if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
         $arguments = 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'];
       } else {
         $arguments = 'cPath=' . $cPath;
       }
       $arguments .= '&sort=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'];

$option_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $arguments);

if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
         echo '<option value="' . $option_url . '" SELECTED>' . TEXT_ALL . '</option>';
       } else {
         echo '<option value="' . $option_url . '">' . TEXT_ALL . '</option>';
       }

echo '<option value="">---------------</option>';
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $option_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $arguments . '&filter_id=' . $filterlist['id']);
         if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] == $filterlist['id'])) {
           echo '<option value="' . $option_url . '" SELECTED>' . $filterlist['name'] . '</option>';
         } else {
           echo '<option value="' . $option_url . '">' . $filterlist['name'] . '</option>';
         }
       }
       echo '</select></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

?>
           <td align="right"></td>
         </tr>
<tr><td class="main">Simply enter the quantity for each item into the box and scroll to the bottom of the page to add them to your cart.<p>
If ordering packs please enter the quantity of <b>packs</b> you require, not the quantity of items.
</td><td></td></tr>
         </form>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

So far it's telling me I have no products but I think that's because I have't given it a category to look for.

So how do I tell it to just list all the products instead of looking for a category?

This is where we right now:

http://cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/wholesale/easyorder.php

^Well, I added a heck of a lot more than that to install the above contrib, which basically does what we said but in default instead of a new page.

LOL, no I meant add that code to the modifications you had already done to the allprods.php page. The above is just the part that takes the qty that is entered in the boxes and processes them as a form to the shopping cart when you hit the add to cart button at the bottom of the page. You had already created 90% of what you needed on that page to do what you wanted it to do.

JB

I added your code as I couldn't figure out how to do it the other way and it's not getting the quantities:

This is the code from application_top for adding an item from the products page with the modification to get it from the quantity box which I added. This works:

// customer adds a product from the products page
     case 'add_product' :    if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+$quantity, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
                             }
                             tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                             break;

The difference is this:

$HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+$quantity

was originally this:

$HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1

And this is your code which tells it to add the products quantity from the easy order page:

// customer adds order from easy order page
case 'add_easy':
      for ($i=1; $i<=sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);$i++) {
        $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$i]))+($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_id'][$i]), $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$i]);
      }
      tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters), 'NONSSL'));
    break;

Which is the bit that is supposed to get the quantity? It's going to the shopping cart but there's nothing in it.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else want to help me get this functional.

It's almost there - just isn't grabbing the quantities from the quantity boxes and sending them to the cart.

I keep getting PMs about it saying is it ready yet, so there is definite interest in having it as a contrib.

Hi Julie,

I haven't had much time lately to devote to this but I did have a look at a contribution called Products multi v1.0 (April 2003) which allows a customer to submit multiple products with multiple quantities per product.

It makes changes to application_top.php and looks to addressing some of the problems you are having. I installed it onto a clean osC and with the addition of some defines to english.php and it works fine. Only problem is that it works only within each category and so doesn't select all the products. A work around was to create a new category called something like all products and that would effectively produce an all products list where you can choose what and how many products and the add to cart button at the bottom collects all the information in one go. OK if you don't have too many products.

Perhaps you might find some clues in there.

Add multiple products

James

Well, thanks, but I already have something like this - product listing with attributes, which sounds like it does the same thing. On the normal product listing page, it has quantity boxes and an add to cart button at the bottom. It also shows any attributes the product has on the listing page.

But, like yours, it's in categories and also shows the images.

I wanted, in addition to this, to be able to list ALL the products on one page without images (hence the adaptation of the all prods contrib for the basic listing code), and also the add to cart button at the bottom. It's really only that that is the problem now. Probably 99% of the work is done, we just need to get the quantities from the boxes. But I don't know enough about it to see what to change.

I thought about creating a separate category with all the products in it but that would still have the images - take forever to load with ALL the product images. It's not currently possible to turn off images for one category and not others AFAIK.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...