• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[SUPPORT] HTML Editor and UltraPics by MaxiDVD

Could someone please help me out and give me the coding for your admin/categories.php I'm having the same problem with that text showing above my categories and when I try and follow the fixs show here I keep getting parse errors and unexpected } so maybe if some can just give me a good copy it will work for me.

TIA,

Carol

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please help me out and give me the coding for your admin/categories.php I'm having the same problem with that text showing above my categories and when I try and follow the fixs show here I keep getting parse errors and unexpected }? so maybe if some can just give me a good copy it will work for me.

TIA,

Carol

Never mind I figured it out when I was installing it I never just over wrote the category file with the one in the contrib. All seems almost well now.

Edited by rose3694

jernst

I have tried a few times to get HTMLArea 3.0 to work with osCommerce but I kept running into problems with the languages, It works fine if you use 1 language, but if the store use's more then 1 language it becomes unstable - I will eventually get it to work (In time).

Cheers MaxiDVD

Hi MaxiDVD,

Before trying your htmlarea contribution I sucessfully tried this one htmlarea 3 contribution

which works fine with Firefox using htmlarea 3. Somebody wrote added a PHP file that can be included easily in any page to use htmlarea 3 with unlimited number of texareas as long as the textareas have an ID name.

Then I installed your contribution because it adds Admin functions and the mainpage feature which the other contribution did not have but now I have to go back to IE which I really hate to do. Guess I'm not the only Firefox user here.

If you or anybody else would try again to implement htmlarea 3 it would be really great.

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with Wysiwyg htmlarea V1.7, image cannot be uploaded for categorie, I've tried the corrective proposed in the contribution page but it doesn't work.

Can anybody help ?

is there any other stable version ?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have scanned all 17 pages of this thread and I could not find anyone who posted my same problem. Maybe I missed it, but I don; thtink so.

I have been using this mod for a while now with no problems and I love it. THANKS!

However, I was using it on a store i had hosted on a unix server using HSPHERE as the control panel. Now I moved the store to a different unix host that uses CPanel. (and in case it matters, it is a reseller account for which I have set up my own shared SSL so that I can use one cert on multiple sites - my hosts shared SSL does not work properly so I jsut set up my own :P ).

The problem I have now and not before is that any pictures I implement in mainpage.php, bottompage.php, define_header.php or whatever, the images do not load on SSL pages in my store. They just show as the red Xed boxes in IE and do not show anything in FF.

I never has this poblem before. Can anyone here help me to diagnose this problem. I'm totally clueless at this point.

Hello everyone.

I must say I am baffelled. Maybe lack of sleep, or bad coffee but somthing is amiss.

I've recently set up a new server and have uploaded one of my sites to it and the only error that I seem to be having is trying to insert a product or category descriptions.

Here is the odd part, if I use just plain old text there is no error and everything works fine. BUT if I use ANY html, even something as simple as <p> test </p> when I click preview (insert) I get the following error:

http://www.mysite.net/admin/categories.php...ategory_preview

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

7/24/2005 3:19:55 PM

Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_15-dev Perl/v5.8.4 PHP/4.3.9

Everything else on the site (god I am hoping) works fine.

I'm sure it has somthing to do with a setting in the php.ini file and I've compared t other sites but no luck.

Any Ideas? Anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help

Another problem I found that I did not see mentioned here is that any links you create in the HTML area doe snot contain the session ID therefoer any customers that click on these links will lose their shopping cart contents and also be logged out if they are logged in.

Any solutions?

Hey guys,

Small problem with the upload images "bar"

In Internet Explorer once I select a file I cannot read the URL in the box (I need to for my own reasons). It looks like this:

os1.jpg

Can anyone help?

Also in Firefox I do not have the problem but instead there is no "Browse Images" button!

Thanx in advance!

Hi

Does anyone know how to display the image pop by image names rather than by the latest date...

Basically when i add new images to my image folder and when i browse the pop up i can see that i have images names startign with A int he middle of the list and there all mixed up . I would like to know how to show them alphabetic so the can be listed from A to Z.

many thanks

I haven't figured it out completely, but I figured out you'll have to edit the lister.php file and use natcasesort or natsort, but exactly where is the question. I found this contrib on php.net to sort/merge directories but where it goes in the code is beyond my area of expertise, I'm still new to php. Maybe MaxiDVD or another php guru can pop in and fix it for us.. :D

Here's the contrib I found on php.net.

<?php
  $path = $_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT]."/old/";
  $dh = @opendir($path);

while (false !== ($file=@readdir($dh)))
  {
    if (substr($file,0,1)!=".")  #skip anything that starts with a '.'
    {                            #i.e.:('.', '..', or any hidden file)
        if (is_dir($path.$file))
          $dirs[]=$file.'/';  #put directories into dirs[] and append a '/' to differentiate
        else
          $files[]=$file;  #everything else goes into files[]
    }
  }
  @closedir($dh);

if ($files)
    natcasesort($files); #natural case insensitive sort
  if ($dirs)
    natcasesort($dirs);

$files=array_merge($dirs,$files);  #merge dirs[] and files[] into files with dirs first

foreach ($files as $file)  #that's all folks, display sorted all folders and files
    echo "$file<br>\n";
?>

I haven't figured it out completely, but I figured out you'll have to edit the lister.php file and use natcasesort or natsort, but exactly where is the question.  I found this contrib on php.net to sort/merge directories but where it goes in the code is beyond my area of expertise, I'm still new to php.  Maybe MaxiDVD or another php guru can pop in and fix it for us.. :D

Here's the contrib I found on php.net.

<?php
  $path = $_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT]."/old/";
  $dh = @opendir($path);

while (false !== ($file=@readdir($dh)))
  {
    if (substr($file,0,1)!=".")  #skip anything that starts with a '.'
    {                            #i.e.:('.', '..', or any hidden file)
        if (is_dir($path.$file))
          $dirs[]=$file.'/';  #put directories into dirs[] and append a '/' to differentiate
        else
          $files[]=$file;  #everything else goes into files[]
    }
  }
  @closedir($dh);

if ($files)
    natcasesort($files); #natural case insensitive sort
  if ($dirs)
    natcasesort($dirs);

$files=array_merge($dirs,$files);  #merge dirs[] and files[] into files with dirs first

foreach ($files as $file)  #that's all folks, display sorted all folders and files
    echo "$file<br>\n";
?>

I figured it out to some extent now! With some assistance from phpbuilder.com. :)

Find in lister.php this section of code:

** Returns an array of the Files within the specified path.
** Params:  $filter - Extension filter(s)
** Return:  Array of File names
*/
function listFiles($filter = Array()) {
  global $base;
  $result = Array();

// if the Directory opens ...
  if(($dir = @opendir(IMAGE_DIR . $base))) {
     $filters = count($filter);

// ... while Files remain ...
     while(FALSE !== ($file = readdir($dir))) {

// ... if File is NOT a Directory ...
        if(!(is_dir(IMAGE_DIR . basePath($file)))) {

// ... if Filters were specified ...
           if($filters > 0) {
              $compare = (isWindows() ? "strcasecmp" : "strcmp");

// ... isolate the Extension
              $parts = pathinfo(IMAGE_DIR . basePath($file));
              $ext = strtolower($parts["extension"]);

// for ALL specified Filters ...
              for($index = 0; $index < $filters; $index++) {

// ... if this a Filtered extension ...
                 if(!($compare($ext, $filter[$index])))

// ... get out now!
                    break;
              }

// if File is NOT to be included ...
              if($index >= $filters)

// ... continue listing Files
                 continue;
           }

// return the File
           $result[] = $file;
        }
     }

// close the Directory
     closedir($dir);
  }  
  // return the Files
  return $result;

At this section:

// return the File
           $result[] = $file;
        }
     }

// close the Directory
     closedir($dir);
  }  
  // return the Files
  return $result;

Make this change:

// return the File
           $result[] = $file;
        }
     }

// close the Directory
     closedir($dir);
  }
 [QUOTE] //inserted courtesy of (jelle) from phpbuilder.com
natsort($result); [/QUOTE]
  // return the Files
  return $result;

That will at least sort the image files alphabetically for you, (doesn't sort the folders or subfolders) but does sort the files themselves. Hope that helps.

Hey Y'all,

I have a question about how Easy Populate works with Ultra Pics. Two great tastes that taste great together. I would really like to install UP, I really do need it for my site, but because I really don't know much of anything about sql I don't want to screw up my db since I have already modified it with the EP stuff. I would love to have both of the contributions together again for the very first time.

Can anyone tell me if this is an issue or how to do it step by step if it's doable? Thanks so much for the contribution and the help.

Edited by jackrabbit

• 2 weeks later...

Im having a small problem. I have installed version 1.7 of maxidvds HTML editor, which works fine.

I have multiple text boxes in my admin panel which are controlled via tabs on the web page. This also works fine.

for example

Text area 1 is Product descriptions box.

Text area 2 is Product specifications box.

Text area 3 is Product summary box etc..

WYSISYG works fine in the product descriptions box,

but how do i implement it for the other 3 boxes I have

//MaxiDVD Added WYSIWYG HTML Area Box + Admin Function v1.7 - 2.2 MS2 Products Description HTML - </form>
  if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Disable') {} else { ?>
           <script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>
            var config = new Object();  // create new config object
            config.width = "<?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_WIDTH; ?>px";
            config.height = "<?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_HEIGHT; ?>px";
            config.bodyStyle = 'background-color: <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_BG_COLOUR; ?>; font-family: "<?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_FONT_TYPE; ?>"; color: <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_FONT_COLOUR; ?>; font-size: <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_FONT_SIZE; ?>pt;';
            config.debug = <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DEBUG; ?>;
         <?php for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) { ?>
            editor_generate('products_description[<?php echo $languages[$i]['id']; ?>]', config);
         <?php } ?>
            config.height = "35px";
            config.bodyStyle = 'background-color: white; font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 12px;';
            config.toolbar = [ ['InsertImageURL'] ];
            config.OscImageRoot = '<?= trim(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES) ?>';
            editor_generate('products_image',config);
           </script>; ?>

I can see where the code needs to go,

editor_generate('products_description[<?php echo $languages[$i]['id']; ?>]', config);

now if i change this to

('products_spec[<?php echo $languages[$i]['id']; ?>]', config); box 2 will have html editor, and so on if I add the

('products_summary[<?php echo $languages[$i]['id']; ?>]', config); but how do I combine them all?

anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any extra updates from 1.7->1.9FR versions except for langage changes and if so what they are.

Cheers,

Simon.

PS Why 1.9 and not 1.8?

Have you been able to solve this problem at all? I am having the same thing happen and it's driving me up the wall. Any help would be appreciated :'(

Hi,

Does anyone know why when i move my oscommerce installation from my local computer to my web server the wysiwyg area no longer shows up? This is the same when i transfer the installation to any other machine. Or if I view any other installation other then the original one on my machine.

There has to be a reason for this.

Can someone help me out?

thanks

kris

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

I'm having problem when adding a new product. The toolbar does not appear on top of the product description, it does not work neither.

However, if I setup a server on my computer and run it, it works perfectly. What is the problem? Maybe some missing paths?

I installed this, the "define mainpage" is working, but in the product input area it does not appear that anything new has been installed. I see the WYSIWYG line in the config section, but no HTMLarea where it should be, except in the "Define Mainpage" addition I mentioned. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I solved my own problem. When I had originally installed this contrib I had altered the code from a patch someone posted on the forum. I usually look in advance to much. So simply I FTD'd the original Maxdvd version php file and now it works like a charm. Only I do find that gif files won't enlarge very much with the keep aspect ratio box checked. When unchecked can enlarge to custom size. Jpg can be resized larger or smaller with aspect ratio checked or unchecked. With it checked you only enter a number in either width or height and will automatically resize the other to keep the aspect ratio of the pic the same. I am very happy with this contrib and look forward to using it for years to come.

I am currently having this problem. I have installed everything 3 times and EVERYTHING works except Netpbm and re-sizing...

More appropriately...I am able to resize certain pictures with NO netpbm files on my server...when I place the files on my server...nothing changes. Any thoughts?

Can anyone post a link to the most up to date and bug free version of this contrib. please.

Seems that it can get complicated and it would be better to start off with the best version.

Thanks

Can anyone post a link to the most up to date and bug free version of this contrib. please.

Seems that it can get complicated and it would be better to start off with the best version.

Thanks

Agreed...I know the original author is not around...but it would be awesome if someone could just give me a few minutes to troubleshoot. I am 95% there...just missing a small piece that I can't find...

Please send me a message if you are willing...or hit me up on MSN Messenger at [email protected].

Thanks,

Nick