• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Anthony

Well, for now, the only thing you can do is set the out of stock checkout to true. I'll work on fixing this behavior for out of stock checkout = false.

There's a way out - since the auction items overide text and price I have mapped all the unmapped items to a dummy item with a large number of items in stock. I'm lookin forward to the final solution - thanks.

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works very fine for me when I'm using an auction tool like eBay's sale assistant professional to manage the auction design and all the automation of listings etc.

Beside auction design and listing automation, what other features of SAP do you continue to use? Hopefully, over the long-term we can address all of these needs, and eliminate the cost of using SAP.

I would still like to install this contrib, but am unable to do to the changes made when installing AuthorizeNet Consolidated. Can anyone suggest a better Authorize.NEt module that will allow me to install this contrib, or installation directions with the Authorize.Net module?

Thanks

I have a question/problem. I read somewhere that once orders to to the delivered status, then the auctions move to sales:complete catagories. This never happens to me for this reason i think: I don't have the normal pending processing delivered set up, i have about 6 total. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Landon

CorneliusH-

I was wondering if the automatic emails goes out after the auction ends and been updated by auctionbox without the product not being mapped to anything. I don't have anyway of testing that...

also

I have a lot of emails to send out and I get to the point I don't remeber which emails i sent out and was wondering if there is anyway to have the emails I send out maybe a copy goes to me. . or somehow be marked that an email was sent out..

Thank you in advanced.

Noppie / Anthony

I don't belive this contrib. automatically send out e-mails when the auctions are ended and I'm not sure I want it, because the costumer could alreaddy have paid via paypal before the auction is uploaded via this contrib. If mails are send out automatically it could confuse costumers if they log into your check out and find their paid items unpaid.

You can test any routine if you buy one of your own eBay items and follow the item all the way through the system. If you think as a costumer it gives you the oportunity to evaluate e-mails, how osc handle your costumer etc. If you can create / or get access to another paypal than your own you can also test the paypal ipn cart contrib.

One of the problems with this contrib is the acces to a hardcopy of e-mails and a copy on your own computer. It's not possible (at least in an easy way). Anthony ask for suggestions to improvements and here a few about e-mails:

1. If you where able to sort all sales not checked out after e-mail address and

2. if this contrib. only send one e-mail to each e-mail address with all the items for that e-mail address and

3. if you could have a copy send to your own e-mail address and

4. if you could chose to have a copy printed when the e-mail was send

Then you would have a hard copy and a copy in your e-mail software and the you would be able to track the e-mail send to the costumers via your e-mail software - (not only the mails send via this contrib but also the mails send by your self to the same costumer)

Sincerely

Cornelius

Edited by CorneliusH

Landon,

I have a question/problem. I read somewhere that once orders to to the delivered status, then the auctions move to sales:complete catagories. This never happens to me for this reason i think: I don't have the normal pending processing delivered set up, i have about 6 total. Can someone please help?

Look at the changes in /admin/orders.php. Change the Magic#3 to the constant to the # that you wish to use to update your status.

Noppie,

I was wondering if the automatic emails goes out after the auction ends and been updated by auctionbox without the product not being mapped to anything. I don't have anyway of testing that...

Yes, it does send the email automatically.

I have a lot of emails to send out and I get to the point I don't remeber which emails i sent out and was wondering if there is anyway to have the emails I send out maybe a copy goes to me. . or somehow be marked that an email was sent out..

That's the purpose of the workflow. If the status of the sale says "Send Invoice", then you need to send an invoice. But, you shouldn't ever have to do this. If it says "Send Reminder", then an invoice has already been sent.

Cornelius,

3. if you could have a copy send to your own e-mail address and

4. if you could chose to have a copy printed when the e-mail was send

Sounds like a general purpose feature for OSC, not just EAM. Is there nothing like this is the contributions? I'll see what I can do.

Edited by sparky

I don't belive this contrib. automatically send out e-mails when the auctions are ended and I'm not sure I want it, because the costumer could alreaddy have paid via paypal before the auction is uploaded via this contrib. If mails are send out automatically it could confuse costumers if they log into your check out and find their paid items unpaid.

Someone I've spoken with encourages their users to check out regardless of whether they have paid via PayPal. This ensures that YOU aren't busy creating orders for them. Make the customer do it! In this case, this person added "I've already paid via PayPal" as a payment option to avoid confusion by the customer.

Hello Anthony

This automatic e-mail matter was today's great surprise - It hasen't happen with any of my own test buy from eBay yet - the latest, made 2 hours ago - the status in "not check out" is send reminder but the "invoice" mail was never send (to me) ???

This is one reason more to have completely check on the e-mail send - soft and hard copies.

Sounds like a general purpose feature for OSC, not just EAM. Is there nothing like this is the contributions? I'll see what I can do.

It's not new in osc - In administration/configuration/my store you can chose to have an extra order confirmation e-mail send to a specific address. I don't know where in this software the e-mail are send - but is it impossible to imagine two e-mails send instead of one - one to the auction winner and one to the e-mail address already defined in administration/configuration/my store or to one defined in administration/configuration/my auction?

For reasons I've already described: Is it possible to turn the automatic invoice e-mail off ? Or can I be sure that anyone get invoice e-mails when I don't ? It dosen't matter to me if I have to set a few // here and there in the code.

Someone I've spoken with encourages their users to check out regardless of whether they have paid via PayPal. This ensures that YOU aren't busy creating orders for them. Make the customer do it! In this case, this person added "I've already paid via PayPal" as a payment option to avoid confusion by the customer.

I've used a lot of time on this contrib in order to make it easier for my costumers, provide a better service (and if possible make it a little easier for my self). He can't be serious asking paypal checked out costumers to check out again?!

Sincerely

Cornelius

I can't possibly test for every variant of OSC out there, but I will say that the code has been encapsulated so that it touches minimal osCommerce core files. That said, I have no idea what is causing that problem.

Anthony

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand what you are saying. I will continue to debug and hopefully find the problem.

Also I would like to repeat this as well.

Anthony

. . . This is an excellent contribution with a great future - this topic is incredible complex. Keep up the good work.

Cornelius

Thanks

Mark

You guys continue to challenge me. I'll work up something for email managment that solves the problems that we've identified. If it doesn't completely fill the bill, there's always the next version.

What I was saying is WRT the email mgr being a general purpose OSC feature, is that there is no reason it can't be used for both the catalog and the EAM. The send extra order emails ONLY work for the email receipt. It should probably have an option to copy all emails.

Hi,

When I try and do a test checkout of an ebay item through my store it gets to the checkout_shipping.php page, but then when I click continue it loops back to the checkout_shipping.php page instead of going onto the payment options page. This problem only occurs when trying to checkout an ebay item as I can still successfully checkout purchases made from my store. Any help that you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Regards, Joe

Anthony,

I like to inform you about a severe issue in combination with the very popular

credit class & gift voucher contrib.

The scenario:

I like to sell gift vouchers on eBay.

With the voucher contrib you install a complex system that allows you to sell vouchers.

You add vouchers by adding products to the catalog. Each product has a price like normal products, but in this case the price is also the value of the voucher. People that buy vouchers can then email credit to others (they get a voucher code & the value is beeing added to their account as a credit.

Voucher products are identified by their product number starting with "GIFT"...

The problem:

Customers on eBay will buy gift vouchers at a LOWER price than the gift voucher value (nothing else makes sense, so this is a kind of a discount...)

Lets say the eBay customer buys a 25$ voucher for 20$. The auction item has a product mapping to the 25$ voucher.

Now, when checking out the customer has to pay only 20$ but should receive a 25$ voucher, right?

But this is not. The value of the voucher now is 20$ :-(.

I think this will not be easy to work around without heavy changes :-(

I mentioned product number "GIFT"... as the identifier for vouchers, so maybe this is a good starting point.

michimaus

With the voucher contrib you install a complex system that allows you to sell vouchers.

You add vouchers by adding products to the catalog. Each product has a price like normal products, but in this case the price is also the value of the voucher.

Well, therein lies the problem. That actually is a defect in the voucher system. There's no reason to tie the value to the price. My guess is that any type of discount contribution will exhibit the same behavior with the gift voucher. I recommend that you post this issue to the gift voucher support forum.

Noppie,

Geez... I totally broke the automatic email in version 1.2 (and maybe even 1.1). Well, I will have it fixed with an option to send or not in version 1.3.

I would recommend everyone replace line 138 in auction_upload.php:

'notify' => tep_db_prepare_input($postvars['notify']));

with:

'notify' => 'false'));

...for the meantime. This will not set the state to Send Reminder, but will leave it at Send Invoice so that you know that you need to send the invoice manually.

I just uploaded a fix for the automatic email problem. It has been fixed for both osCommerce MS1 and osCommerce MS2.

osCommerce MS2: Simply copy the new /catalog/includes/application_top_non_gui.php

osCommerce MS1: Refer to the instructions in CHANGES_MS1.txt for /catalog/includes/application_top_non_gui.php

I changed it to use osc shipping modules and now it works. Does this mean that I have done something wrong or missed out something while adding your contribution?

My guess is yes, because the eBay shipping does work. Review the installation instructions and the configuration section of the User's Guide. In particular, note that you must *install* the flat rate shipping module, but you are not required to *enable* it.

Well, therein lies the problem.  That actually is a defect in the voucher system.  There's no reason to tie the value to the price.  My guess is that any type of discount contribution will exhibit the same behavior with the gift voucher.  I recommend that you post this issue to the gift voucher support forum.

True. After thinking about it I must say true. [damn!]

I will do that alltough I dont think it will be successful - because gift voucher has a long history and this means to change a lot I think. Maybe I can work it out myself as I have to go through the code anyway as there is another problem with the GV regarding... believe or not... TAXES :huh:

I just wanted to make it a point that sb. using these two contribs in junction he will run into problems. I think in the meantime I will create 'dummy'-Vouchers not visible to normal customers and after the auction is completed I will send a voucher manually...

michimaus

Add more contribs - add more concentration ;)