• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Jason - if you look in the file of changes you need to make to existing files you'll see that there are three instances where you have to replace a link to "shipping.php" with one to "super_shipping.php"

i just reversed all these three links out and put them back to standard, commenting the super_shipping bits out as a reminder that it's a problem.

Shipping now works fine, but no idea what'll happen when someone checks out an auction item (presumably it'll just give them the same shipping options as everyone else, which is what i want anyhow)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I've been working with the implementation of this for a while and I must admit that it looks excellent. :D

However, I do have 3 questions:

1. I do sell items on eBay I don't want to show in my normal store - 2' quality items, items bundled as offer etc. I have to match the Ebay title with a title in my catalog - called "set the product" in eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0 - If I understand the requirements right. How can I create a hidden catalog folder in order to match the items I don't want to show in my shop with my eBay items?

2. I work wit the following shipping fee calculation method - and it is working very well because it inspirer my costumers to buy more in order to save the average shipping costs/item. 1, 2 or 3 items shipped totally for $15 - any additional item(s) $2.50 extra. 5 items are shipped for $20, 7 for $25 etc. Any Ideas how to automate this method.

3. eBay don't allow a link to you site, where you sell similar products, from the listening - the checkout button from Auction Sales Manager 1.0 contains a link to my site where I sell similar items - http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/auction_finder.php. Is there anyone who know how eBay handle this problem?

Sincerely

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Ok, I just had to put my 2 cents in here!

I am a *Newbie* to Oscommece and on top of that, somewhat technically challenged! I barely know html stuff (after 6 years of self-study - trial and error)

This mod is AMAZING! The instructions were CLEAR and easy to understand!!! I installed on my first try with NO ERRORS (so far - fingers crossed!)

WOW! Great job!

and thanks

Tammy

Hmm now for "normal" (non auction items) my shipping options have been removed and all I get is :-

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Best Way S&H [insured] ?0.00

Yes. I have identified that issue and a few others that will be addressed by the end of the week with a service release.

FOR NOW, you can simply set "Use eBay shipping charges for ..." to false in the osc admin configuration "My Auction" section.

How can I create a hidden catalog folder in order to match the items I don't want to show in my shop with my eBay items?

Either install the hidden products contribution OR simply mark the item as unavailable in the Product section (click the "red" button). Then, it doesn't show up in the store, but can still be checked out via the auction checkout.

I work wit the following shipping fee calculation method - and it is working very well because it inspirer my costumers to buy more in order to save the average shipping costs/item. 1, 2 or 3 items shipped totally for $15 - any additional item(s) $2.50 extra. 5 items are shipped for $20, 7 for $25 etc. Any Ideas how to automate this method.

Use an osc shipping module that supports this and don't use eBay shipping.

3. eBay don't allow a link to you site, where you sell similar products, from the listening - the checkout button from Auction Sales Manager 1.0 contains a link to my site where I sell similar items - http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/auction_finder.php. Is there anyone who know how eBay handle this problem?

A checkout link is perfectly acceptable. The link does not go *directly* to your catalog, so people just browsing your listing don't end up seeing other products that you have for sale (unless they modify the URL in their browser). Quite a few of us have been using the checkout link for months now with no issue. And, it's no different that what the andale, channeladvisor and other solutions do.

This looks like a great tool and from the feedback here, it must be. I have one question I have not seen an answer to yet. Will eBay Auction Sales Manager work with Linda's SECV2_2MS2GV contrib?

Don't know what that contribution does or how to find it in the contributions. Why don't you test it and let us know?

Thanks Anthony,

Linda's SECV2_2MS2GV is osCommerce MS2 with the SEC (Shop Enhancement Controller) and GV contribs allready installed. SEC is a bunch (20 or so) of contribs in one. Great package but sometimes it's a problem trying to add other contribs to it.

If no one else has tried this by Friday, I'll give it a shot and post back here. Maybe sooner if work gets slow.

Thanks,

CatDad

What auctionblox said is true. You ARE allowed to have a link to a checkout on your website. Just as long as it doesn't take you directly to the catalog (which it doesn't).

Another thing to note is that according to the policies, you cannot have an ACTIVE hyperlink. I have the text "View our other merchandise at http://www......." in my auctions. Key is, that it is not an active hyperlink. They have to copy and paste it into their browser. That *IS* allowed.

I installed Authorizenet ADC Direct Connect by Bao Nguyen. I am unable to follow the step:

/catalog/checkout_process.php

===================================================

REPLACE (about line 43):

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

WITH:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'super_shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new superShipping;

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

REPLACE (about line 268):

$cart->reset(true);

WITH:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

$cart->reset(true, $insert_id);

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

Because my checkout_process.php file does not contain the require shipping.php line. I would like to install this contribution, please advise.

Thank you

Hello Anthony

Thanks for your reply.

I have been searching and searching.

Could you please give me the link to the contribution that can create hidden categories with products there can't be seen by my costumers and to the shipping module you're referring to.

Thanks in advance

Cornelius

To worldwidedvds

I'm sorry to tell you that you might be wrong about the active links. The buttons might be ok but a link you can cut and paste is not allowed according to the eBay policy/rules - and I admit - they are quite complicated.

Cornelius

PS. I'm a very old eBay user - my ebay name is a link and that was allowed when I created my account - it's not any more - and it's not an active link

oh so you were able to catch the old website as username!!! I just missed it so now I use designimportsusa*com {HINT-HINT-WITH-A-TIP-TIP}.

A link you can cut and paste doesn't sound like something thats allowed.. it would just be too nice for eBay. Anybody know a way to post your website on your auctions?

Ok,

I had some spare time at lunch today so I backed up my catalog and my database and then installed eBay Auction Sales Manager to my SECV2_2MS2GV installation. Installation went fine except that the locations/line numbers are off a bit due to the other installed contribs. Not a big deal.

Because SEC includes a contrib to set admin levels, I had to add the the Auction Manager tools to Admins permissions. Easy enough.

I ran a simple transaction to test things. I got hung up at the first step of the checkout process with the same shipping problems others here have reported. I set "Use eBay shipping charges for ..." to false and now everything seems to be working great.

One problem I did have and don't know how serious it is. While I was trying to figure out the shipping issue, I found the following entry repeated several times in my Apache error_log ...

[Wed Jan 14 14:36:42 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /usr/local/httpd/catalog/includes/classes/net_http_client.php on line 632

I made the change suggested and restarted Apache and the error message has not returned, but since the shipping issue was resolved with a settings change in admin, I don't know if the above error caused any real problems. Just thought I'd let you know about it.

Thanks for a great contrib.

CatDad

CatDadRick,

This is a little off subject, but since you mentioned your error log...... Is there a way I can get a more detailed report from my error log. I get the generic "premature end of script headers" and such.

Thank you

Oh, its a linux server

I installed Authorizenet ADC Direct Connect by Bao Nguyen. I am unable to follow the step:

/catalog/checkout_process.php

checkout_process.php is part of the base osCommerce install. If you don't have those lines in that file, then they were EITHER removed during installation of another contribution OR you are not using osCommerce 2.2 MS2.

Could you please give me the link to the contribution that can create hidden categories with products there can't be seen by my costumers

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1053

and to the shipping module you're referring to.

I wasn't referring to one, but one probably exists. I was simply saying that your shipping rqmts don't fit the concept behind the eBay shipping manager AND shipping your rqmts are specifically geared towards auctions.

I found the following entry repeated several times in my Apache error_log ...

[Wed Jan 14 14:36:42 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /usr/local/httpd/catalog/includes/classes/net_http_client.php on line 632

I made the necessary change to net_http_client.php to remove this warning so that you should not receive this warning regardless of your INI setting. It will be included in Service Release 2

Edited by auctionblox

Hello Anthony

This proposal http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1053 must be a friendly joke. ;)

There's no install instructions. I checked (with winmerge) the files in the contribution with mine and found aprox. 500 differences!

There must be an easier way? - the hidden categories/products must be a need to most users of your contribution when they realize they have to match eBay headlines with their product catalog.

Sincerely

Cornelius

Is there a way to automatically map all auctions to a single generic item (like an item with an eBay logo picture with name "Auction Item")? The reason is because I don't really want to go thru each auction and map it. Inventory isn't an issue for me so I want to leave it as automated as possible. Let me know. Thx

We realize you may not have been aware of this rule, but including linking to pages offering items or services for sale from View Item page is not permitted.  Please remember that a "link" is defined as anything that will allow someone access to a remote or third-party web page.

There are "static" links (written text that may be typed or cut-and-pasted into the address line of any web browser) and "hyper" or "clickable" links (imbedded in the HTML code of an auction listing).  Both types of links will allow someone to access a web page and are not allowed under eBay's revised Links and Credits policy.

Additionally, our Links and Credits guidelines state the following:

"eBay allows sellers to place the following types of links in your item's description:

- One link to a page that further describes the item being sold in that listing. 

- One link to your email address that opens an email client for potential bidders to ask questions about the item in that listing 

- Links to photos of the item for sale. 

- Links to your eBay or Half.com listings. 

- One link to your About Me page (in addition to the About Me icon already provided by eBay). 

- Links that provide credits to third parties.

If you have a logo for any of these links, it may be no greater than 88x33 pixels. (Exception - links to your eBay or Half.com listings).

Linking to web sites that offer to trade, sell or purchase goods or services, or including links for any purpose other than those listed above is not allowed.  Prohibited links include, but are not limited to:

- Links to web pages that offer to trade, sell or purchase goods or services outside of eBay

- Links to web sites or pages offering merchandise is not permitted on eBay

- Links to sites that solicit eBay User Ids or passwords from bidders

- Links that encourage bidders to place their eBay bids through a site other than eBay"

That is from eBay's policies. They updated it a bit since last time I checked.