• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

There's something I don't understand. If I put a checkout button on my auction and someone wins, they won't be able to check out until admin is updated correct? So there's really no use of putting a checkout button on my auctions. I should just advise my customers to wait for the email. Is this right? Is there a way for checkout to be instant after winning the auction? Also, how often are auctions updated in admin?

Edited by dimports

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something I don't understand. If I put a checkout button on my auction and someone wins, they won't be able to check out until admin is updated correct? So there's really no use of putting a checkout button on my auctions. I should just advise my customers to wait for the email. Is this right? Is there a way for checkout to be instant after winning the auction? Also, how often are auctions updated in admin?

Well, if you are doing standard auctions, then the admin is updated within about 1 minute (unless you have other auctions ending within 15 minutes). If you are doing buy it now or fixed price, then it's updated every hour. I am considering the auto-download feature for version 3.0 that will include the listing feature. But, there are some technical issues that we'll discuss on the board as that time gets closer.

Yes, the checkout link is really optional in the listing.

All,

Everything should be fully operational again. Please report any specific issues directly via email. Just a heads up: I've spent a couple of days dealing with eBay issues, and I was ill for about 36 hours with a virus. As a result, I am a week behind on my version 2.0 activites :(

Does anyone know offhand how I can put listings up on my site, but have them unpurchasable by normal people (is unpurchasable even a word?:P), but viewable, and in stock for Auction winners?

Thanks,

auctioblox,

A suggestion if I may. Many of us have the PayPal IPN installed just for this contribution. You may want to include instructions on properly removing this contrib for those who wish to upgrade to the PayPal Cart.

I know I plan on upgrading. If I remember, I tried to remove the IPN once before, and I ended up messing some things up. As mentioned before, some of the same files are changed, and some can be removed, but in the contrib installation, it is not clear what files are new, and what files overwrite existing ones.

I know I plan on upgrading. If I remember, I tried to remove the IPN once before, and I ended up messing some things up. As mentioned before, some of the same files are changed, and some can be removed, but in the contrib installation, it is not clear what files are new, and what files overwrite existing ones.

I agree.

Hope Auctionblox gets well soon.

Hi All,

I finally got around to install eBay_Auction_Sales_Manager_1.2.sr2_ms1 for my osCommerce 2.2 ms1. I encountered couple issues that I need help with.

1. Have we decided that an existing product is a must to link to new ebay sale? I'm among those who post products on ebay that may not be my website. I am thinking about creating an item, called it 'Product on Ebay'..and link every sales that I manually entered to this product. Is this correct? Or is there already a feature implemented. I did not see a default product to map to in the drop down.

2. Problem with UI. When I modify options in Configuration/My Auction, I click on Update button. Then my osCommerce Admin screen turned 'blank'. Changes are saved. But I was expecting auto-refresh to take place after update. I can use the browser's Back button - follow by a refresh. But this is wrong. This has nothing to do with EAM - because auto-refresh is broken when I add a new product. Can anyone help with pointing me to possible php file to look?

Thanks Anthony for this great contribution.

Peter

Edited by peterlin

After adding this contribution, "What's In My Cart?" - shopping cart is empty!! Even though the infobox - Shopping Box does list items (ebay sale + add'l purchase correctly).

Hmmm. I see you are using MS1. Though I have tested MS1, I don't test as rigorously with MS1 as with MS2. Please re-check your installation, and then we'll see what's going on.

Edited by auctionblox

I fixed the shopping cart problem. My error. I redo the changes made to file /catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php - and that took care of the problem.

However, my other problem persists. Any action like Save, Update will not cause the admin screen to refresh. This is affecting every admin action, for example, adding a new product will not take me back to product listing screen. This was not a problem prior to installing EAM.

The most likely file affected may be split_page_results file located in /admin/includes/classes. I already have this file.

My old copy of split_page_results has this

$Id: split_page_results.php,v 1.2 2003/06/19 11:43:12 mdima Exp $

The new copy per EAM install package is

$Id: auction_upload.php,v 1.0 2003/12/29 Auctionblox Exp $

Any idea here? I thought when copying files from folder "new files - (just copy)" - these are new files. I could have this file from other contribution.

Thanks.

Peter

I still cannot figure out why any of the action 'save', 'update', 'delete' will not automatically refresh and put me back to previous osCommerce admin screen. Screen is just blank. I know the action is completed. Can someone help me look into why this is the case? Could this be a browser setting? It did not use to be this way. I'm really puzzled.

split_page_results.php is also in the core distribution of oscommerce. This particular file is the same one as in the distribution but with an added function. I should have put it in a separate file to avoid confusion. The admin update problem is nothing i've heard of, and i imagine has to be something simple like a typo while modifying the filenames.php or english.php during the admin install.

Edited by auctionblox

I just completed a new install eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.2 SR2 on osCommerce 2.2 MS 2. I set up a test sale in "Sales: Not Checked Out" and set up a Mapping for the listing. I was careful to make sure that the auction titles matched and all required fields were completed. However, when I sign in at the auction_finder.php and click through to shopping_cart.php my shopping cart is empty. I carefully reviewed changes made to to catalog/shopping_cart.php and catalog/includes/application_top.php and everything was done according to the instructions. Anyone tips on solving this problem will be much appreciated.

Hi

i Use the new version ( 02/12/2004 - eBay_Auction_Sales_Manager_1.2.sr2.1 ) on an MS 2 but i have som problems with the tax.

ebay Price 202,77 ?

Price in the Shop for the Auction 235,21 the different ist 16 % Tax bat the ebay price is with tax

what is the problem ?

Martin

Edited by mollyman

Peterlin,

I'm looking into the WBN emails, I'll get back to you and Cornelius.

Mollyman,

You can modify your auction_upload.php file to remove (or add) tax as necessary by placing a multiplier on the price end field. You can test your changes by navigating to http://<your osc>/admin/auction_test_sale.php and entering a test sale.

mustardseed,

If you are able to get through auction_finder, then it found the sale for the user. If it's not displaying, then either super_cart.php is not installed in the right place, or you didn't make the changes for super_cart.php in the application_top.php, or you need to review (again) your shopping_cart.php changes.

Hi Everyone,

I am totally stoked, this entire contribution and the service will be amazing for the ebay portion..

One quick question? Is it possible to have the Email address that the winning bids, reminders etc.. come from use a different "from" email then the store address?

I only found how to change the subject ,body etc..

define('INVOICE_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Thank you for your purchase of: %AUCTION_TITLE%');
 define('INVOICE_EMAIL_BODY', "Thank you for your purchase of:\n\n%AUCTION_TITLE%.\n\nPlease complete the checkout process using the following link:\n\n%AUCTION_CHECKOUT_LINK%\n\n"
 . "This checkout ensures the accuracy of your order and allows us to complete your order much faster.  " 
 . "We currently accept Major Credit Cards.\n\n"

Thanks..

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to resurect the dead, but whatever happend to this contribution?

I've been wanting to osC for a while and have gathered data for it seems like forever. Now I'm finally leaving Interchange for osC and this contrib I wanted seems to be gone.

I do have the zip file, so I guess I can use it, but what about updates?

Thanks in advance

Edited by MonsterMaxx