• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Sorry, another Q:

When I click on: "Click here to automatically download your auction sales!"

at the bottom of my 'Auction' admin page, I get taken to the Auctionblox.com/oscommerce.php site - is that supposed to happen?

I've put a test auction on the ebay.co.uk site, and checked it, so I know it's there =)

Edited by veral

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was an easy way to reference an already mapped EAM item - say, using the modelID in a link somehow, then I could implement the 'This item is being auctioned, click here to bid' myself =)

It will be in the auction_items table

E.g. I'm selling quantities of 'an item' on my site, but I auction "an item x2". I'd like functionality if possible to be able to map this to 'an item', quantity = 2.

Checkout can handle multiple items and multiple quantities of the same item, but it matches what you have on eBay. So, if you description says x2, then logically this is one item when they checkout. The title will say 2 items.

Something like this is shopping cart:

Qty Title Price

1 Gizmo bundle: 2 x Blue Gizmo <ebay end price>

Shipping can be accommodated using the eBay shipping charges in the listing.

Inventory is not tracked correctly in this case, because there is no way for EAM to know that this is multiple items.

When I click on: "Click here to automatically download your auction sales!"

at the bottom of my 'Auction' admin page, I get taken to the Auctionblox.com/oscommerce.php site - is that supposed to happen?

Yes, the auction listing and sales download service is a subscription service. I cannot discuss fee-based services in the forum, so email me or visit the support section of our site for more details.

Veral,

Of course it's possible, but it sounds to me like it's more of a standalone contribution -- not just auction specific. What you're really asking for is a product definition that maps to multiple products and upon checkout (regular or auction), it deducts from inventory from the mapped products.

Anthony

I'm sorry for bringing this up again:

Are you saying that it's not sending emails? 

Yes - I'm terrible sorry. All other e-mail functions (order e-mails) are working without problems

Cornelius

Edited by CorneliusH
dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Do I need to map my auctions for checkout to work? Or is the mapping mainly just for inventory control?

I often sell items that are totally unrelated to my store content , so I would prefer not to list them in the store if I don't need to. However I'd still like to cross sell and have buyers check out at my store.

Thanks!

Do I need to map my auctions for checkout to work? Or is the mapping mainly just for inventory control?

No, it's not required unless you use weight-based shipping osCommerce shipping modules. It you use eBay shipping, you do not need a mapping.

Cornelius,

I'll test the winning bidder notification emails again in the release I'm working on. Version 2.0 should be released in about a week as we've discussed and contains the new fixed shipping module -and- PayPal IPN integration (auto-order creation).

> PRODUCT UNMAPPING PROBLEM:

> -------------------------

>

> Have one item, already mapped and approved.

>

> Go to edit.

>

> Remove approval.

>

>

>

> Go to "Not approved" to find item again.

> Select item

> go to create mapping (don't want to edit - product mapping I want

> isn't available there...)

> Create mapping, (have to cut and paste title in - annoying) then

> click on 'approve':

>

> I get:

>

>

> 1062 - Duplicate entry 'ProductX' for key 2

>

> insert into auction_product_matcher (auction_house_id, products_id,

> ext_title, is_approved) values ('1', '3547', 'ProductX', '1')

>

> Have to remove from database manually...

> Possibly a search would be useful also (to find product mappings)

I'd still like the ability to be able to map:

1 of ext_title/ebay item title to oscommerce item x 2

And also to have the option to create or select Mappings based on productID, or modelID rather than title alone..

And to have clickable URLs in the official release of Auctionblox listings so you can see what you've mapped =)

OK. Clearly need to address some issues with product mappings. I imagine all I will have time to include in 2.0 are fixes, but not too many enhancements. I don't want to delay the PayPal and shipping changes too long.

Edited by auctionblox

OK. Clearly need to address some issues with product mappings. I imagine all I will have time to include in 2.0 are fixes, but not too many enhancements. I don't want to delay the PayPal and shipping changes too long.

Ya - good call on that one. As a user, my vote for priorities of the update are something that works like now, but also provides the ability to print out labels with USPS (something similar to USPS Shipping Assistant2.2, but using the database to print non-paid labels for completed orders. Speed to make this happen gets my vote.

GREAT CONTRIBUTION

And I have this to share, if people want it..

The two files which are used by both eBay Auction Manager and PayPal ipn1.7:

admin/includes/filenames.php

admin/includes/languages/english.php

installed conflict with each other if you are following the instructions I used, so I offer this alternate listing of steps:

1. Upload paypal v1.7 files over stock osCommerce2.2ms2 install.

2. Install eBay auction Manager files, except for the two files below, but make the changes as per the CHANGES_MS2.TXT instructions to these two files.

these two files need ebay auction manager changes applied and also any shipping modules that changed these 2 files will need to be applied to these two files as they have been replaced.

/catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

The two modules both modify these two files, but changes are easier if doing ipn v1.7 before ebay auction manager changesms2.txt

"Your focus is your reality"

Naomi - It appears to be downloading for you. Was your eBay token invalid? If you have further issues, please email me directly.

Veral - Yes, look in the /catalog/includes/languages/english.php and /admin/includes/languages/english.php for "Supported Tokens"

Cool. Shoulda done that first - too lazy :P

Can you tell me if it's possible to send HTML emails out? (how), and whether I can test what they look like without actually having to complete an auction myself?

Thx

Naiomi Wrote:

my auctions are not updating...

I paid my bill

I am having the same trouble. How long do the eBay tokens last before needing to be updated.

Is there any way that the "Click here to automatically download your auction sales! " link could be used to include the automatic download of our listings.

This would be useful for people using the 1 day sale or even the 3 day sale options in eBay as it takes on average around 24 to 30 hours before my listings first appear in EAM when the system is working

All,

I have investigated further and found that eBay is not downloading *new* auctions with no bid activity. I have reported this issue to eBay and expect a response today.

Note that this does not affect sales downloads or downloads of listings with bid activity.

Additionally, I plan to pilot support of a Download Now button for auction listings *hopefully* within the 2.0 release due this week. (But, I can't promise this one.) After we gauge the success/failure of this, we'll look at a download now button for auction sales.

I will keep you posted on the forum, and thanks for your patience.

Regarding eBay token expiration: Due to another eBay bug, they were expiring within 30 days. However, this has now been resolved and are expected to last 3 months (unless you change your eBay password at which point they are immediately expired).

Edited by auctionblox

I just read 36 pages of this thread and it looks like everything I need for my ebay sales. Just one question that was posted previously and unanswered:

I currently have Paypal_IPN installed and working properly (no bugs!) You mentioned incorporating this with the next release, how will this effect those of us who already have Paypal_IPN contribution installed?

and my other questions:

I am using paypal ipn 0.981 on my site. I really dont have any need to upgrade to the shopping_cart_ipn, but I may do so; i am still undecided on that. Either way, how will your the new release (with paypal_shopping_cart bundled) affect the installed paypal contribution (either 0.981 or shopping_cart_ipn) on osc and normal non-ebay checkout? Is the current paypal_shopping_cart_ipn contribution fully functional? (A little bit off topic, but I am unclear)

Edited by sparky

Safoo,

Yes, you can use EAM without subscription. All you have to do is manually enter the sale as documented in the Users Guide that accompanies the contribution. Nothing in release 2.0 will change that.

The PayPal integration will work seamlessly with or without subscription. PayPal already works fine as a payment method for your auctions. The new integration adds a bonus of automatically creating the order for you if the customers pays directly on eBay through PayPal without checking out. It also shows PayPal Paid in your sales window when paid via PayPal.

I have also been using 0.981, but switched to PayPal SC IPN with this new feature. I added support in Greg contrib for refunds and direct auction payments. It will be standalone, but will included support for EAM. Not the other way around.

You should be able to simply disable Paypal 0.981 and install SC. I've simplified the installation somewhat, so it should be a drop-in except for changes to the obligatory filenames.php and database.php.

AM

Edited by auctionblox