• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Hello Anthony

I am waiting on your comments regarding my earlier post on the new shipping requirements before I post the new version. Please give due consideration and reply so that I can post the new version and complete the next.

No comment - I only use the osc shipping module. My eBay prefs is set to: (from eBay) Shipping and handling: See description above or contact the seller for more information Buyer pays for all shipping costs Will ship worldwide. I guess I don't have to do anything?

I have turned the e-mail functions on - what could be wrong if this contr. not send e-mails or bcc e-mails ? Any other functions are working perfect except the automatic move from checked out to completed (but only when paid via paypal! - I guess this will be solved in the next version when a better integration with paypal is established.

Sincerely

Cornelius

PS. Thanks for all your work - I guess no one can imagine how complicated this must be to maintain - Your efforts are really apriciated.

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use the osc shipping module. My eBay prefs is set to: (from eBay) Shipping and handling: See description above or contact the seller for more information Buyer pays for all shipping costs Will ship worldwide. I guess I don't have to do anything?

Actually, some of your auctions do have the shipping set even though it says to contact the seller. Item #3279328520 has $20 in the shipping field. When you re-list, all of your shipping values need to be set to $0.

I have turned the e-mail functions on - what could be wrong if this contr. not send e-mails or bcc e-mails ?

Are you saying that it's not sending emails?

So if my "normal" store shipping is set at $3.85, and I want to offer free shipping to lure shoppers, I would basically have to make the free shipping store wide for it to work (presuming they wanted to add items to the cart from the store)? Is that correct?

Yes, free shipping per product available to all customers. This contribution is a shipping module that can be overridden for eBay sales on a per sale/order basis. There are other contributions for special pricing/shipping on a per customer basis. You accomplish that by emailing special promotion codes.

markchiu,

Are you getting other error messages above this one, or simply this one?

All,

You all know the answer to markchiu's questions, how about someone else chiming in so I can keep myself busy in other ways. :)

Edited by auctionblox

Soon is within 2 weeks.  IPN 1.7 uses a copy of checkout_process inside of the paypal.php class.  You could try to do some visual code matching to make the one change required.  The change simply moves the auction sale from not checked out to checked out.

Are these the changes you mean:

/catalog/checkout_process.php

===================================================

REPLACE (about line 43):

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

WITH:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'super_shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new superShipping;

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

REPLACE (about line 268):

$cart->reset(true);

WITH:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

$cart->reset(true, $insert_id);

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

---

So I would take these and put them into ipn.php? I don't notice a reference to shipping.php in either of: /includes/classes/paypal/* files.

Ah - found the cart->reset in /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php, I can make those changes there.

Where does the shipping change come in? Are there any changes that I need to make to /ipn.php?

Thanks.

Veral,

If the "$cart->reset(true);" exists, I don't think you need to make *any* changes to paypal.php to make this work. The insert ID only associates the auction with the osc order, so that you can click the "View order" button. But, that's just a nice to have. If it is checked out, you can simply view the order from the orders screens. If I just confused you, then ignore everything except "No changes are required".

Edited by auctionblox

Hi, Anthony, thank you, yes, so far only this problem occured, other than that left with those questions that I would like ask some eBay experts.

I really have no idea why it occured, I am guseeing perhaps I need to do that in the filenames.php page, same as my previous problem????

Again thank you very much, and please some experts can help me with these questions

Hi, guys and gals, and Anthony

Although I have installed this contribution and looked out the user guide short vision....I still can't quite figure it out totally that how this ebay sales manager is being operated....on the other words....how do i use this feature....perhaps I need to list some questions.....

1. How does it work?

2. Where do I add or put my auctions?

3. What are the problems of using my oscommerce shipping methods (I hvae now Canada post, UPS, and flat rate enabled and installed)?

4. I don't see a link on my site to my auction....but I am guessing it is the auction_finder.php that cumstomers go to right??

5. Do i need to create an ebay account on ebay, if i do why then I need this contribution....NO OFFENCE TO Anthony, but just being curious 

hope i won't have other much questions later........(i know not only you are scared but myself too............

thank you so much everyone!

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

Veral,

If the "$cart->reset(true);" exists, I don't think you need to make *any* changes to paypal.php to make this work. The insert ID only associates the auction with the osc order, so that you can click the "View order" button. But, that's just a nice to have. If it is checked out, you can simply view the order from the orders screens. If I just confused you, then ignore everything except "No changes are required".

Juuuust so I have this right then. (Best to treat me like an idiot :P)

1) - no replacements need to be made to $cart->reset(true) in /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

2) No changes need to be made to any paypal.php or ipn.php files to alter shipping.php to superShipping.php (I ask this because of the change required to checkout_process.php, but a global 'find' on shipping.php doesn't yield anything in any of the paypal related files)

3) No additions need to be made after $payment_modules->after_process() in any of the paypal files because I can't locate any paypal specific calls to that =)

Pretty much painless then ... if those are all the case =)

Thanks for the assistance.

Anthony

Actually, some of your auctions do have the shipping set even though it says to contact the seller. Item #3279328520 has $20 in the shipping field. When you re-list, all of your shipping values need to be set to $0.

This is a huge surprise! There's no sign of any shipping costs on this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcIS...item=3279328520 ???

It look's like this in SAP: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/3279328550.jpg - not even a mark in shipping - that's mean all is 0 like it say on the auction. I can't set it more to 0 than this. On product level before listning actual shipping costs is set to $0. I have never used eBay's shipping system because it can't handle the calculation of my shipping fees.

Are you saying that it's not sending emails?
Yes - I'm terrible sorry. All other e-mail functions (order e-mails) are working without problems

Sincerely

Cornelius

not even a mark in shipping - that's mean all is 0 like it say on the auction. I can't set it more to 0 than this

I know you answered this, but I'll ask again because I have no idea where the $20 would be coming from??? So, if you check the "specify shipping cost" box just for test purposes, does it show all $0 in the shipping cost?

Anthony

I know you answered this, but I'll ask again because I have no idea where the $20 would be coming from??? So, if you check the "specify shipping cost" box just for test purposes, does it show all $0 in the shipping cost? I know you answered this, but I'll ask again because I have no idea where the $20 would be coming from??? So, if you check the "specify shipping cost" box just for test purposes, does it show all $0 in the shipping cost?

It's OK to ask again - this is important - I have no idea where the $20 come from - I have never specified a shipping cost on my ebay auctions because I use a special system - the item in question looks like this on item level in SAP: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/3279328550_before_list.jpg - $0 in shipping costs.

Sincerely

Cornelius

Edited by CorneliusH

This contribution is difficult for me to figure it out.....I'd better use other stupid ones :rolleyes: :lol:

....but this eBay mod is good......too bad i don't know how to use it.... :( :P

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

Cornelius,

Thanks for your help. I think I have located the problem and have a solution. It appears that when shipping costs are not specified, that you cannot count on those shipping values to have valid data. But, I think I found the appropriate way to handle shipping. I'll keep you all posted.

I'll be testing the EAM in the next day or so. I had one question though:

If I have limited number of stock on my site (because of rarities and out of print stuff), and I decide to auction a large proportion of it, is there any way of dealing with the fact that in-store, I can no longer sell some of the items because they are now 'ebay reserved' - if you see what I mean...

One thing that came to mind, given that all the products will be mapped anyways in the back end, is to possibly add/change the ADD TO CART icon to include another icon which specifies:

"This Item is currently being auctioned on Ebay. Click here to bid"

... does that make sense? Is that possible currently?

If someone decides to place a bid on one of my auctioned items, I can't easily automatically remove the item from my site. Nor would I necessarily want to strip all my products (leaving none for browsing), but I can't deny that ebay is effective... I'm after the best of both worlds.

Does anyone have a constructive suggestion? (besides 'get more product' :P)

TIA.

All,

Have the fixed shipping and shipping options from ebay sorted out. So, I retract my original statements on how it affects you, and now it works much like I would expect. Here is how this will affect you:

1. If you want to offer free shipping, you EITHER:

A. Set the "Seller pays shipping" option on your listing

B. Set "Buyer pays for shipping", "Specify shipping charges" and set the shipping amount to $0.00

2. If you want to offer fixed shipping, you must set the "Buyer pays for shipping", "Specify shipping charges" AND set the cost that you want charged.

3. If you want to offer shipping through OSC, you do EITHER of the following:

A. Simply don't specify shipping charges (you can write the amounts in the description if you wish, but normally you won't know the charges.)

B. Set "Buyer pays for shipping" and select "Calculated shipping"

Much better.

Side note: Cornelius -- obviously no change with your listings is required.

Veral,

You don't have many options with stock management. You can do a few things:

If you have limited quantity (say more than 5), then leave it on your site and on eBay. Monitor your quantities remaining and determine when you need to disable from your store.

If you have very small quantities, then as your eBay items get bids or purchases, you'll have to determine when to disable the product from your catalog. Winning bidders will still be able to checkout with the item as an auction item even if it has been removed from your catalog.

I've discussed a "product reserveration" system in the past, but frankly I can't justify building it at the moment. In this scenario, we would remove items on eBay from your quantity available as they are listed. When the listing expires without a winning bidder, your quantity is added back to inventory.

In this scenario, we would remove items on eBay from your quantity available as they are listed. When the listing expires without a winning bidder, your quantity is added back to inventory.

Sounds like an excellent add-on for any future modifications to this already wonderful contribution!

I also have the problem of extremely limited stock, usually 1 or 2, so having it deducted from stock, when listed on ebay would be GREAT!

Just my 2 cents

Tammy

I have a couple comments about the product mapping. While approving each product map, it would be helpful if I would be able to view the auction and the product in my store. With over 5000 products, i wouldn't be able to match everything with just titles. Even if it's just as much as adding a model # next to the product.

Another thing about product mapping is when I'm looking for a product to map to, not all products are listed. It seems like the closest matches are only listed. Sommetimes my ebay items are not in my store, so I just map it to a generic auction item (with Cornelious's auction logo he provided a while back). How can I view all items in my store. Thanks again.

Edited by dimports

one more things I noticed is when viewing my actions in admin and I want to go to the 17th page to view the auctions, I drop down the menu and choose 17.. but it reloads to the same page. It doesn't take me to the page I drop down to.

Hi,

I am trying to add oscommerce_auction_db.sql to my database as part of the install. Can anyone tell me how to do this using php myadmin?

Thanks,

Simon.

Gynogapod - Great Products, Tiny Prices!

I am trying to add oscommerce_auction_db.sql to my database as part of the install. Can anyone tell me how to do this using php myadmin?

The easiest way is to open oscommerce_auction_db.sql in a text editor and copy and paste it into the phpMyAdmin SQL text box.

Edited by auctionblox

If there was an easy way to reference an already mapped EAM item - say, using the modelID in a link somehow, then I could implement the 'This item is being auctioned, click here to bid' myself =)

- Actually, is this info available currently somewhere? In a db table perhaps?

The other thing I _will_ be doing is auctioning multiples of the same item. Or collections of items. It would be cool if the mapping feature could deal with this also - the only issue is how shipping would be handled =)

E.g. I'm selling quantities of 'an item' on my site, but I auction "an item x2". I'd like functionality if possible to be able to map this to 'an item', quantity = 2.

Something like that =)