• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Hello Guys

I got a problem installing Auction Sales Manger 1.2 sr1.

I downloaded it from oscommerce.com site and tried to install according to the INSTALL.txt.

After adding sql stuff to my osc db and copying all the the files to my osc dirs the only thing I see is "My Auctions" in the configuration box. The additional box "Auction" is not there. I added it manualy but all captions are still shown like "BOX_HEADING_AUCTION" or "BOX_AUCTION_CHECKOUT_BUTTON" and aren't replaced with the according terms.

Do I have to include all the definiton files manually?

Please, help me if you can

thanx

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After adding sql stuff to my osc db and copying all the the files to my osc dirs the only thing I see is "My Auctions" in the configuration box. The additional box "Auction" is not there. I added it manualy but all captions are still shown like "BOX_HEADING_AUCTION" or "BOX_AUCTION_CHECKOUT_BUTTON" and aren't replaced with the according terms.

As per the instructions, you must manually make the changes specified in CHANGES_MS2.txt or CHANGES_MS1.txt

Anthony

In order to finish my http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/auction_finder.php layout I would like the dropdown box removed because I only sell on ebay. Could you please advise how to change the code in auction_finder.php. Thanks in advance.

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

hello

are you ever thinking about adding a way of adding the auctions through our stores???

Thank you

oh yea..

I have items that get mapped wrong and I can't seem to change them

i set them to false they don't move back to not set what can I do.

thank you

Noppie..

and is anyone having problems with people not wanting to sign in.. I get we get a few don't we.

thank you naomi

Hello Nopie

and is anyone having problems with people not wanting to sign in.. I get we get a few don't we.

Yes we do and it's not the costumers problem (at least they do no recognize it as their problem) and therefore it's our problem!!!

The only thing you can do is to make your auction_finder page very simple and with only the buttons needed to check out. Some problems occurs if a costumer instead of entering the e-mail address and click continue goes directly to "catalog" from auction_finder. They look a little bit around in your shop (and have completely forgotten how they entered your site) find "check out" and click it and get the normal osc login - even if there isn't any items in their cart. The login will not accept their e-mail address (because they haven't registered yet), they even try to get a password using the "I forgot my password" on the osc login. Now the costumer is really confused - refuse to log in again via your mail (they believe they have tried that 1000 times -which they haven't). Only one thing to do - send them an ordinary ebay/paypal invoice directly from the item on ebay or one of your own old invoices. Check them out manually and forget all about it.

Give the costumer a reason (or several) to use your check out. You can take a look on my own humble try here: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/au...tion_house=ebay It's finish now. You can make all the changes you want in catalog/includes/languages/english/auction_finder - between the ' ' where the present text is you can enter text and html.

There's a natural reason to avoid your auction check out if you want to pay via paypal. It's because it's so easy to pay via paypal directly - if the costumer use paypals auction finder they can even manage all their auction purchases as an account. Their address and shipping addresses are already there - all they need is to click a few buttons enter their password and their purchase is paid! I believe we must respect that if we not can give them an easier opportunity - they are our costumers and we want them to come back. If I read some of Anthony's replies right is he working on a way to match the direct paypal payments with your non checked out auctions.

:) (If wee treat people as cattle they won't behave as cattle) :)

Sincerely

Cornelius

are you ever thinking about adding a way of adding the auctions through our stores???

Yes, definitely. It's coming.

You should be setting the mappings BEFORE the sale occurs. You generally have the opportunity several days in advance by looking at your listings. AFTER the sale occurs, you have to go in and edit the sale to change the product mapping.

having problems with people not wanting to sign in.. I get we get a few don't we.

You could install the buggy purchase without account contribution. I've used it in a modified form.

The only thing you can do is to make your auction_finder page very simple and with only the buttons needed to check out. Some problems occurs if a costumer instead of entering the e-mail address and click continue goes directly to "catalog" from auction_finder.

I could add a feature to EAM that loads the customer's auction items into their cart IF their eBay email matches the email entered during registration or login in case they skip the auction_finder page somehow.

There's a natural reason to avoid your auction check out if you want to pay via paypal. It's because it's so easy to pay via paypal directly - if the costumer use paypals auction finder they can even manage all their auction purchases as an account. Their address and shipping addresses are already there - all they need is to click a few buttons enter their password and their purchase is paid! I believe we must respect that if we not can give them an easier opportunity - they are our costumers and we want them to come back. If I read some of Anthony's replies right is he working on a way to match the direct paypal payments with your non checked out auctions.

Indeed I am. It is working with PayPal 0.981 and it is one of those features that gets me REALLY EXCITED! However, I do not intend to release this feature on 0.981 since I am collaborating with Greg to port this to and improve upon the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN contribution. There needs to be ONE PayPal contribution, and currently PayPal Shopping Cart IPN has support from Greg. More information to come on this soon.

Anthony

I could add a feature to EAM that loads the customer's auction items into their cart IF their eBay email matches the email entered during registration or login in case they skip the auction_finder page somehow.

Sounds like a good solution to catch the costumer who has an account or want to register for one. Could solve another problem - if a costumer use auction_finder and browse around your site (without an account) - take a break and come back to the computer 30 minutes later has the osc session timed out and the cart is empty. If the costumer want their auction items back in the cart they have to enter via auction_finder again.

Sincerely

Cornelius

Sounds like a good solution to catch the costumer who has an account or want to register for one. Could solve another problem - if a costumer use auction_finder and browse around your site (without an account) - take a break and come back to the computer 30 minutes later has the osc session timed out and the cart is empty. If the costumer want their auction items back in the cart they have to enter via auction_finder again.

This has been completed and will be available with the Fixed shipping upgrade in the next day or two.

hi, i just started to think installing the ebay auction and not quite sure is this file i need to get it

eBay_Auction_Sales_Manager_1.2.sr2.zip

or

eBay_Auction_Sales_Manager_1.2.sr2.1

thanks! :rolleyes:

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

hey anthony - this may have already been covered in this thread.. but it seems as though when someone checks out, the store item that has been mapped isn't being deduced out of inventory...

mabye it's just in my head! i'll have to keep a close eye...

but it seems as though when someone checks out, the store item that has been mapped isn't being deduced out of inventory

I have not experienced it in the past. Let me know for sure and I'll take a look.

installing the ebay auction and not quite sure is this file i need to get it

Always get the latest files. (One at the top of the screen.)

All,

The Fixed Shipping Per Product contribution will be released as BOTH a standalone contribution and integrated into the EAM. It's primarly purpose is to allow you to handle fixed shipping per product for domestic and international shipments. It also allows you to add insurance calculated based on weight.

I won't go into all of the details WHY at this point, but I intend for it to be a complete replacement to the Individual Product Shipping contribution.

When it is integrated into EAM and used for eBay items, you MUST list your items in a certain way for the new shipping method to work. You no longer have the admin options for "Use osCommerce shipping for domestic/international shipments". It now uses the shipping method that you defined on your auction.

What this means to you:

1. If you want to offer free shipping, you must set the "Seller pays shipping" option on your listing

2. If you want to offer fixed shipping, you must set the "Buyer pay for shipping" AND set the cost that you want charged.

3. If you want to offer shipping through OSC, you do EITHER of the following:

A. Set "Buyer pays for shipping", set that you will specify shipping costs later. (Be sure to set the shipping costs and shipping additional costs to 0.0 anyway.)

B. Set "Buyer pays for shipping" and select "Calculated shipping"

NOTE: If you set Buyer pay shipping, Select "Fixed Shipping" and set the shipping amounts to 0.00, this means CALCULATED shipping. (Free shipping is #1 above.)

I wanted to bring this to your attention before I release the new version so that you can ensure that your listings are correct.

Comments?

Also, wanted to point out that I have removed the auction house dropdown box from the auction_finder.php page. Now, when you enter your email address it will find all the auctions for all auction houses -- which is most cases is simply eBay.

Edited by auctionblox

Anthony,

Products are definatly NOT being deducted from inventory when someone checks out. Have I installed something wront (or missed a peice?).

Does this feature work for other users of EAM?

Tim

pocketGEAR.ca

Anthony;

I'm just waiting for some clients to check out before i give you the final verdict - products are mapped. I think what's happenening is it deducts from stock unless the product is at zero, then it will stay at zero as opposed to being -1, -2, etc... i'll let you know later today when my sales get checked out.

I just had someone check out and the items were not deducted from the cart, I had 20 in stock, so it's not just 0 stock items...

not sure what could be wrong though - products are all mapped correctly, not getting any errors anywhere... weird. any ideas?

Good call.. looks like I have a PayPal IPN problem.. Sorry to doubt your master programming skills! <grin>... thanks for your troubleshooting anthony.

You should be setting the mappings BEFORE the sale occurs. You generally have the opportunity several days in advance by looking at your listings. AFTER the sale occurs, you have to go in and edit the sale to change the product mapping.

I understand that is what I was doing.. I can't change the mapping in mapping pending.

the Item is set wrong and I try to change it to the corrent one. and it doesn't give me all the options that I have to choose from.. and so I click on false and it just stays there..

I would think if I hit false it should go back to not mapped..

so I could put in the correct one.

I thought I could go through the database and fix it.. but I couldnt' figure out where to change it.

It wouldn't be a big deal but the one the system mapps to items that the shipping is different than the one on ebay.

I hope I explained what I mean.

noppie

PS A great upgrade would be to make the auction sort able and or search able on the in the oscommerce. would save a lot of time.

sort by Item-- email --price

thank you

Naomi

Hi,

I have a lot of problems with this contribution:

1. It doesn?t work. I installed on a fresh 2.2 MS2 and I get the following error messages when I try to approve the product mappings:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/12/d85395722/htdocs/shop/catalog/admin/includes/classes/net_http_client.php:1585) in /homepages/12/d85395722/htdocs/shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

2. Weird thing: If I click the link to the auction_finder.php link the page shows up but with following error messages:

Warning: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/12/d85395722/htdocs/shop/catalog/includes/classes/net_http_client.php:1585) in /homepages/12/d85395722/htdocs/shop/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /homepages/12/d85395722/htdocs/shop/catalog/includes/classes/net_http_client.php:1585) in /homepages/12/d85395722/htdocs/shop/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

3. I still don?t know the exact way it should work - your demo-admin is to slow to test for me. Please explain if I have to signup at the auctionblox site.

Thanks in advance

I understand that is what I was doing.. I can't change the mapping in mapping pending.

the Item is set wrong and I try to change it to the corrent one. and it doesn't give me all the options that I have to choose from.. and so I click on false and it just stays there..

Naomi - Yes, I see what you mean. I can reproduce this bug, and will fix it asap. In the mean time, a workaround is for you to mark it approved, then edit it again in the approved screen. The approved screen will show all of your mappings.