osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When setting up an auction in eBay, you have an option to select 'Skip this Section' for the shipping part. If the section is skipped, osCommerce shipping is automatically used. Otherwise if the section is filled out, then use eBay's shipping costs. Would this be possible? Or are you saying eBay is going to make this section mandatory? That would be insane.

If that's the case, maybe you can put a radio button in each auction listing in Admin to use eBay or osCommerce shipping. All auction shipping will default to what you specify in the setup configuration section of Auction Sales Manager.

Basem,

That's exactly what I intend to do:

1. Create a radio button in the "Edit/Create sale". This way you can override anything.

2. If the price is set, then use eBay shipping. Otherwise, osCOmmerce shipping REGARDLESS of whether you skip the shipping step or specify calculated shipping.

I plan on removing all of the shipping configuration options for "Use eBay shipping for domestic/international".

But, it still provides a delimna for international shipping? What do I charge? The shipping charges specified in eBay generally assume domestic shipping charges.

Hello

To end up the shopping cart functionality question

To people who want the original functionality in who's online back (showing shopping cart content) please take a look in this forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0entry312726

Sincerely

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Well I figured out one way to keep people from using FR or Best Way when checking out - just make it an outrageous amount (who would want to pay $999.99 to ship a 2 lb package?)

As for the international shipping? That's a tough one. Ebay doesn't do any calculations for international shipping - and you wouldn't want to set a fixed rate (unless you set it for every country.) So, the only other option is to enter the shipping amount for each item separately at checkout - of course, there's no way to make this automatic (like through MySales), but that's better than losing money on international shipping. You would just have to setup MySales to insert shipping only for domestic - international could send an admin e-mail to notify the seller that attention is required.

Of course, I always tell my international buyers to e-mail me before bidding for shipping rates. I think the regular ebayers have gotten used to this and expect it. They know that automatic international rates are next to impossible.

International shipping is just a pain all the way around.

Edited by SW

What *I* have done for my eBay shipping is I actually created several additional fields in the products table

domestic_shipping

domestic_shipping_additional

global_shipping

global_shipping_additional

I populate those fields when I enter the item into the catalog. I have customized my super_shipping to check the shipping address to see if it's global, and pull the global rate for that item(s).

That's my solution anyway.

tammy,

I'll see if I can go through and get all my mods. Only downfall is this....

When someone checks out, if they want to add something from you store, it also bases that shipping off the shipping entered into the table. If it's blank, then it's free shipping for that item. So you have to go through and add shipping to ALL your items. I came up with a few sql commands that entered them all for me based on weight.

I think auctionblox is thinking about adding them to the contrib to make it easier.

worldwide,

my items are very light weight (photos),

Im not sure what to do at this point! All of my USA buyers have went through fine. Then I had a Germany and UK order. Both had the same results when checking out......... they opted for the lower Air Mail which was like $4.90, and it let them select it, but then on the confirmation screen it defualts to the Global Gauranteed at like $32!!!!

I though maybe I could fix it with the things you had done.

Thanks

Tammy

Hello Anthony,

These are the errors I am getting in whos_online.php and user_tracking.php

These happened after installing EAM....something to do with supercart?

This the error on the user_tracking.php

Fatal error: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition supercart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /home/stickerart.com.au/html/shop/admin/user_tracking.php on line 181

This the error on whos_online.php

Fatal error: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition supercart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /home/stickerart.com.au/html/shop/admin/whos_online.php on line 344

I changed the PHP version in these files, as suggested earlier in this forum, but still get the same error. I have no idea what this means! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by stickerart

This the error on whos_online.php

Fatal error: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition supercart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /home/stickerart.com.au/html/shop/admin/whos_online.php on line 344

It looks like you added super_cart.php to the application_top.php in the admin site. You don't want to do this. The CHANGES_MS2.txt file references the application_top.php file for the catalog site, not the admin. Try reverting application_top.php for the admin site to the original (or the one in the osc distribution).

Edited by auctionblox

Anthony

Again - thanks for this contrib - it's working better and better after the improvements you have made.

A few suggestions to next release:

1. After several experiments with auction_finder I can (humble) recommend it's totally clean of objects/buttons/links to click on. There should only be two buttons to click on and that's auction house and continue. All other objects are confusing and if clicked bringing the costumer away from the main check out - then they are confused because their won items not are in the cart. Afterwards (after a clean check out in auction finder) the costumer will experience all the shop options. I guess it will also help Auctionblox users to stay on ""good foot" (Danish expression) with eBay. I'm not completely finish with the design yet, but now mine looks now like this http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/auction_finder.php (by the way - where do you set the color in the main text ? - I guess it's in style sheet, but I can't figure out where). Now I have the highest rate of success auction_finder users.

2. Please make it possible to sort the items in not checked out after e-mail address - it will help in the cases where you have to check a costumer out manually.

Sincerely

Cornelius

Well, I thought I had this sucker working right, then I went to do an add/e-mail today and got this message after hitting Confirm:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/safewatc/public_html/catalog/sw2709admin/includes/classes/auction_helper.php:2) in /home/safewatc/public_html/catalog/sw2709admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

I know the problem, but can't remember how to fix it.

My General has been modified, so just for reference Line 18 is the header "Location".

Any ideas?

Hi Anthony,

Just been trying the module 1.2.sr2.1 with my site and it looks to be working fine (got several people checkout an order succesfully).

Looking to subscibe to your service etc.

but there is one bit that is not working right for me and the concern is, going automated may compound the problem.

Basically, I advertise my products as including VAT.

But when I create the order for a successfull auction, I am having to enter the value as excluding VAT since OSC then adds VAT back onto the price I enter.

I have looked through the thread, and only stuff I can see mention tax is related to shipping.

This not relevant in my case as I don't use ebay for specifying that.

So 2 questions really.

1. Any easy way of making it so that I can enter prices including VAT.

Just to complicate things, for orders outside Europe I don't charge VAT by discounting it from the bid price.

2. At the moment, I enter the value after dividing bid price by 1.175 (vat percentage). Would this still be possible if I subscribe to your service ?

Many Thanks for the excellent contribution by the way.

Zuber

Zuber,

OK. Let me just repeat to be sure I understand:

You advertise on eBay including VAT, so you must substract that amount when it is entered into the system since osc will add it back in.

If above is true, this is simple to do for sales downloads. Simply modify the priceEnd value in auction_upload.php::insertTransaction. Sales are downloaded only once so you don't have to worry about it being subtracted more than once. I would not modify anything else, or you run the risk of subtracting the VAT multiple times.

You can test whether it works by navigating to:

http://<your osc store>/admin/auction_test_sale.php and insert a transaction.

Now for question 2: How to handle orders outside of Europe. Can it simply be handled by oscommerce? If you enter (or download) ALL sales EXCLUDING VAT, can't you use the osCommerce tax modules for INCLUDING VAT when appropriate? If not, please explain this further so I can understand.

Regardless, during a download, the "ship to" country is included. So, I guess you could do some type of logic based on this.

Brandon,

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/safewatc/public_html/catalog/sw2709admin/includes/classes/auction_helper.php:2) in /home/safewatc/public_html/catalog/sw2709admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

I've never seen this error. Did you get it resolved?

Anthony,

I did - just about 20 min ago.

It turned out to be the Meta tag at the top of the auction_helper file in Admin.

Removed it and everything works fine.

Thanks.

You advertise on eBay including VAT, so you must substract that amount when it is entered into the system since osc will add it back in

Thanks, that is exactly right.

The non Europe stuff is not a problem either, since as you say I let osc take care of whether or not VAT is chargable based on shipping address.

Just to clarify,

The changes you suggest to auction_upload.php::insertTransaction

Will this result in price being adjusted for :

Auctions created by me manually

OR

Auctions downloaded through subscription

OR

BOTH (Manual entry and download)

Thanks

Zuber

The changes to auction_upload.php::insertTransaction will result in price being adjusted for Auctions downloaded through subscription.

This is the safest SINCE it is only done once guaranteed. If you wish to do it manually, you can also make the change in auction_sales_item.php in the case 'insert' section. I would not do it in the case 'update' section because each time you edit the sale, it would reduce the existing amount by your VAT.

Longer term, I need to solve the issue of VAT.

Anthony

From this forum page 20:

Please correct if I'm wrong - If the status of a checked out auction order is pending or processing and if you chose to go to admin/costumers/orders and write a little note (ex. your item has been shipped today...) and change the order status from pending or processing to delivered - the item will be moved automatically from checked out to completed in this contrib.

This functionality seems to have despaired somewhere between ver. 1.2 and 1.5 - right? - or could it be something I've done wrong?

Sincerely

Cornelius

It turned out to be the Meta tag at the top of the auction_helper file in Admin.  Removed it and everything works fine.

Why is there a META tag at the top of the auction_helper file? I just checked and I don't see it as part of the distribution.