• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Hi.

Strange error here. Need some help if someone would be so kind.

I have installed this contribution twice and both times, I can see the left menu items in admin but when I click on one to use it, it says

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

?Please contact your Web Administrator to request

?more access or if you found any problem.

All the files are set to 644 chmod.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a slight problem. For some reason when a user attempts to use the auction checkout, they are being directed to checkout_shipping.php rather than auction_checkout_shipping.php

There is no auction_checkout_shipping.php in the new version. I suggest you uninstall the beta version completely, and re-install.

That is a bit more problimatic. I did "uninstall" the old system but didn't delete the pages. I only tried to hit the auction_checkout_shipping because the checkout_shipping kept coming back to the same page.

Does anyone know why this would keep coming back to the same page here? Thanks...

hello

this question may have been asked.. but I must againg

on my checked out auction part.. the possitive feed back isn't showing up..

just the netual and negaitve..

what do I do to fix this.

Naomi

I assume I have flat shipping installed. Is this the mod where "green light" flat shipping and set a specific rate, then, when checkout is done it displays "best way" as the shipping option?

on my checked out auction part.. the possitive feed back isn't showing up.. just the netual and negaitve..

You need to move the auction to completed. Then, you have access to the Positive feedback function. This is because you want to get into the habit of moving your auctions that are both checked out and paid to the completed state so that you can keep track of who has and has not paid.

OK, here's how to fix the problem with Access Denied

I had Admin Levels with Access installed.

Go into the Administration tab and then to File Access. It puts the auction admin files out in the right menu and you have to click on the yellow Auction folder and manually insert each auction file into the Auction folder by first clicking the Auction folder and then on the right side, clicking insert for each auction file. Then you will be ready to go.

:)

Anthony,

I installed eBay Auction Sales Manager, but I've decided not to use it. I followed your instructions for removing it and now some functions in admin no longer work. Customers, Orders, GV Queue and other things that use splitPageResults class don't display any results. In my httpd log I get this error when I click on GV Queue...

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot instantiate non-existent class:  splitpageresults in /usr/local/httpd/catalog/admin/gv_queue.php on line 100

I get the same error for Orders and Customers, except a diferrent filename and line number are shown.

When I removed eBay Auction Sales Manager I restored the original catalog/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php but that doesn't seem to make any diferrence. Can you tell me how to correct this or at least where to start looking?

Thanks,

CatDadRick

Cannot instantiate non-existent class:  splitpageresults

This means it cannot find the class. I hate to ask the obvious, but can you go back and verify that you installed the original split_page_results.php file in the /admin/includes/classes folder and that is has the correct permissions. This is the only thing I can think of that could be the problem.

Noppie + Anthony

You need to move the auction to completed.

Please correct if I'm wrong - If the status of a checked out auction order is pending or processing and if you chose to go to admin/costumers/orders and write a little note (ex. your item has been shipped today...) and change the order status from pending or processing to delivered - the item will be moved automatically from checked out to completed in this contrib.

Anthony - this is indeed a nice little feature - it took some time to discover it...

Manny of my eBay costumers has either gray or purple hair - this implementation hasen't been easy for all of them - I can recommend to make a help file with a link from auction_finder.php - mine look like this http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/help.htm and has help my costumers (and me) a lot.

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Please correct if I'm wrong - If the status of a checked out auction order is pending or processing and if you chose to go to admin/costumers/orders and write a little note (ex. your item has been shipped today...) and change the order status from pending or processing to delivered - the item will be moved automatically from checked out to completed in this contrib.

Anthony - this is indeed a nice little feature - it took some time to discover it...

Yes, it does automatically move it to completed. Some people have changed their order statuses, and this stops working. But, it is easy to change to work for whatever status you use by changing /admin/orders.php (look for magic#3). I should make this yet another config option...

Manny of my eBay costumers has either gray or purple hair - this implementation hasen't been easy for all of them - I can recommend to make a help file with a link from auction_finder.php

That's a good idea. Fortunately, some of us cater to a more tech savvy market and have less problems with online site neophytes. But, I too get the occasional question. There are certainly a lot of first time users of computers on eBay. It blows my mind that some people online only know 3 things: 1. get email, 2. browse the web, 3. bid on ebay ;)

Version 1.2 Service Release 2 has been released. The contribution link is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1772

This version supports osCommerce MS1 and MS2 and contains the following:

- Added admin option to turn off or on the winning bidder notification.

- Added admin option to BCC: a given email address on all auction emails.

- Fixed auction finder page which was STS-enabled by default.

Anthony,

Thanks for the reply.

This means it cannot find the class. I hate to ask the obvious, but can you go back and verify that you installed the original split_page_results.php file in the /admin/includes/classes folder and that is has the correct permissions. This is the only thing I can think of that could be the problem.

I apologize. I wasn't eBay Auction Sales Manager.

I deleted everything, restored from backups sequentially and things broke after I installed RMA returns system.

Thanks and sorry,

CatDadRick

P.S. I've verified that I did restore the original split_page_results.php and it is in the right place, but customers.php, orders.php, gv_queue.php, etc. cannot find it even though they are able to find the other classes. Any idea what might cause this?

just wanted to make it a point that using? [gift voucher and EAM] in junction he will run into problems.

You will only run into problems when you auction off gift vouchers. It will work fine to use gift vouchers in conjuction with the EAM during checkout.

:huh: I wish! I am using Linda's SEC/GV version of OSC and on a normal check out the gift voucher subtraction is no longer done from the total.

Any clues as to where I need to look to get this functionality back? I've been popping around the likely suspects of files, but am obviously not seeing the malfunction. :blink:

ANY help would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

Manny of my eBay costumers has either gray or purple hair - this implementation hasen't been easy for all of them - I can recommend to make a help file with a link from auction_finder.php - mine look like this http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/help.htm and has help my costumers (and me) a lot.

Cornelius

Cornelius

do you mind if I modify this with my info and use it.. I lke it.. really nice..

Noppie

I wish! I am using Linda's SEC/GV version of OSC and on a normal check out the gift voucher subtraction is no longer done from the total.

Any clues as to where I need to look to get this functionality back?

Does it work for regular cart items, just not auction items? If so, you need to make changes for GV in ../classes/super_cart.php (for auction items) similar to what you did in ../classes/shopping_cart.php.

I don't use gift vouchers, but I'm sure someone had patched it to work. Perhaps someone can post it for you.

And, I can never seem to find the link to Linda's SEC.

Anthony

Thanks for the new release - it looks great!

It blows my mind that some people online only know 3 things: 1. get email, 2. browse the web, 3. bid on ebay

It's all they need to know - the rest is up to us...

Sincerely

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

P.S. I've verified that I did restore the original split_page_results.php and it is in the right place, but customers.php, orders.php, gv_queue.php, etc. cannot find it even though they are able to find the other classes. Any idea what might cause this?

FYI - I see that Rick resolved this. It was a problem with his editor. He posted his results in the RMA forum.