• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Anthony

For everyone who wants the auction pages to show more than 20 auctions/sales/mappings per page, you can change that in the Configuration/Maximum Values/Search Results configuration option. I use 100 as the amount and that works well for me.

Great! - would you please consider (In ver. 1.3) to make it able to sort the columns in auctions/sales - especially the User ID/E-mail column in order to make it easier for the administrator to manually check out paid items.

There's a problem when I'm using the "buy it now" feature on eBay. If an item is sold before the auction is downloaded by EASM will the auction and the sale never be downloaded in EASM.

I get this message in Adm/Tools/who's online/

Fatal error: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition supercart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /hotel/cornelius-hansen/cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 162

I can se who's online but I can't see the content of their carts.

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I would like to change the text that appears in the checkout instructions email that is sent to the customer as I would like to change the listed accepted payment methods. Could you please tell me how to go about doing this? Thankyou very much for this fantastic contribution.

Regards, Joe

Hello

E-mail text can be edited in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Please look for:

define('INVOICE_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Thank you for your purchase of: %AUCTION_TITLE%');

define('INVOICE_EMAIL_BODY', "Thank you for your <b>%STORE_NAME%</b> purchase of:\n\n%AUCTION_TITLE%.\n\nPlease complete the checkout process using the following link:\n\n%AUCTION_CHECKOUT_LINK%\n\n"

. "This checkout ensures the accuracy of your order and allows us to complete your order much faster.  "

. "We currently accept Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, and Bank transfers.<br><br> Please chose the payment link in the information box on the right side of the screen to see the payment options and how to pay.\n\n"

. "Sincerely,\n%STORE_NAME% Customer Service\n%STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS%");

define('REMINDER_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Concerning your purchase of: %AUCTION_TITLE%');

define('REMINDER_EMAIL_BODY', "Our records indicate that you have not completed the checkout process at our website. Your order WILL NOT ship until this has been completed.  You may complete the checkout process using the following link:\n\n"

. "%AUCTION_CHECKOUT_LINK%\n\nPlease have your email address handy that is registered with eBay.  "

. "The information will only be used to process your order with us as quickly as possible.  "

. "Your assistance regarding this matter is appreciated.  Thank you.\n\n"

define('WARNING_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Concerning your purchase of: %AUCTION_TITLE%');

define('WARNING_EMAIL_BODY', "Our records indicate that you have not completed the checkout process at our website. Your order WILL NOT ship until this has been completed.  You may complete the checkout process using the following link:\n\n"

. "%AUCTION_CHECKOUT_LINK%\n\nPlease have your email address handy that is registered with eBay.  "

. "The information will only be used to process your order with us as quickly as possible.\n\n"

. "Please help us preserve your reputation with eBay by checking out promptly.  "

. "Your assistance regarding this matter is appreciated.  nThank you.\n\n"

Cornelius

CorneliusH:

All of my auctions are Buy It Now auctions. The EASM is not immediatly updated, it takes about an hour to update. If they try to checkout before it's updated they get a message that it takes up to 2 hours for the system to update. EASM will download the auctions throughout the day, and the timestamp on them is the actual time the person completed the transaction. Makes it nice when sending reminder/warning emails, and doing NPB alerts.

In response to previous comments regarding emails and hard copy etc.

First of all, email is not a guaranteed thing. Your server may have a hiccup, their server might have a hiccup, their ISP may have a spam filter that blocks your emails, etc. Unless you send receive receipt and read receipt on every message you'll never know what's being seen. Then you have people who don't send the receipts. Then those receipts would come to your email box and you'd have to sort them. There is no ONE way to track the emails, and there is no guaranteed way to do it.

With that said, my suggestion is a type of customer history. To go along with the work flow, a report with each customer, and something that would look like this when completed:

Sean Hull | Invoice Sent 02/01/2004 12:06 EST | Reminder Sent 02/05/2004 13:18 EST | Warning Sent 02/09/2004 01:16 EST | NPB Filed 02/11/2004 21:32 EST | FVF Completed 02/21/2004 16:04 EST | Negative Feedback Left 02/21/2004 16:05 EST

Bryan Bailey | Invoice Sent 01/31/2004 05:22 EST | Reminder Sent 02/02/2004 18:08 EST | Checked Out (Order # 2156) 02/03/2004 19:39 EST | Paid 02/03/2004 19:45 EST | Shipped 02/05/2004 16:48 EST

If someone says they were never notified, just copy and paste their info in and say, "We sent you several emails on the following dates." The report would have to be searchable by customer and email address atleast, maybe order # as well.

Hello Worldwidedvds

If they try to checkout before it's updated they get a message that it takes up to 2 hours for the system to update. EASM will download the auctions throughout the day,

They have already paid via paypal - (If a costumer want to pay you $300 - why let him wait ?). They got an eBay notice with at possibility to pay within 60 seconds! - and I don't want to turn "I prefer paypal" off because you can search the "I prefer paypal" as a specific group in eBay - the problem with paypal is they has become an "industrial standard" since eBay bourght paypal...

Sean Hull | Invoice Sent 02/01/2004 12:06 EST | Reminder Sent 02/05/2004 13:18 EST | Warning Sent 02/09/2004 01:16 EST | NPB Filed 02/11/2004 21:32 EST | FVF Completed 02/21/2004 16:04 EST | Negative Feedback Left 02/21/2004 16:05 EST

Bryan Bailey | Invoice Sent 01/31/2004 05:22 EST | Reminder Sent 02/02/2004 18:08 EST | Checked Out (Order # 2156) 02/03/2004 19:39 EST | Paid 02/03/2004 19:45 EST | Shipped 02/05/2004 16:48 EST

RIGHT! it would be nice - but I need the hard- & softcopies to my documentation requested by the tax office - not only the costumer...

Sincerely

Cornelius

just wanted to make it a point that using  [gift voucher and EAM] in junction he will run into problems.

You will only run into problems when you auction off gift vouchers. It will work fine to use gift vouchers in conjuction with the EAM during checkout.

Great! - would you please consider (In ver. 1.3) to make it able to sort the columns in auctions/sales - especially the User ID/E-mail column in order to make it easier for the administrator to manually check out paid items.

I want to do that soon, but probably not for 1.3. However, I really don't think you should have to do admin checkouts. I'll think of something for paypal checkouts.

There's a problem when I'm using the "buy it now" feature on eBay. If an item is sold before the auction is downloaded by EASM will the auction and the sale never be downloaded in EASM.

I've had no problems with BIN. They should always download. Are you experiencing problems, or is this a question?

I'm looking to edit the link that's on the Auction Listing. I would like it to link to the Canadian Ebay. Right now it links auctions to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2375971270

I would like to be able to link it to:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2375971270

It should be an easy mod, I only need to find the code and edit it.

Thanks,

S. Cole

hmmm.... why not use (or change) your favorite editing program ? ;)

----------------------------------------

Suche 'ebay.com' in 'D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db.sql' :

D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db.sql(109): INSERT INTO `auction_houses` VALUES (1, 'eBay', 'Visit www.eBay.com', 'http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%s');

D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db.sql(290): VALUES ('eBay NPB Alert URL', 'NPB_ALERT_URL', 'http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=NPBComplaintConfirm&itemno=%s', 'Enter the Non-Paying Bidder eBay URL', 99, 1, '2003-12-01 13:07:44', '2003-12-01 13:07:44', NULL , NULL);

D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db.sql(294): VALUES ('eBay Request Final Value Credit URL', 'FINAL_VALUE_CREDIT_URL', 'http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ItemCreditReq&itemno=%s', 'Enter the Final Value Fee eBay URL', 99, 1, '2003-12-01 13:07:44', '2003-12-01 13:07:44', NULL , NULL);

Gefunden wurden 'ebay.com' 4 Eintr?ge.

Suche 'ebay.com' in 'D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db_upgrade_from_1.1_to_1.2.sql' :

D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db_upgrade_from_1.1_to_1.2.sql(9): UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = 'http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=NPBComplaintConfirm&itemno=%s' WHERE configuration_key = 'NPB_ALERT_URL';

D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\oscommerce_auction_db_upgrade_from_1.1_to_1.2.sql(10): UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = 'http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ItemCreditReq&itemno=%s' WHERE configuration_key = 'FINAL_VALUE_CREDIT_URL';

Gefunden wurden 'ebay.com' 2 Eintr?ge.

Suche 'ebay.com' in 'D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\new files - (just copy)\admin\auction_feedback.php' :

D:\PHP\OSCOMMERCE 2.2MS2\CONTRIBUTION_INSTALLED\EBAY AUCTION SALES MANAGER\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.SR1_MS2\EBAY_AUCTION_SALES_MANAGER_1.2.1\new files - (just copy)\admin\auction_feedback.php(28): <form action="http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll" method="POST" target="_blank">

Gefunden wurden 'ebay.com' 1 Eintr?ge.

Suche beendet, gefunden wurden 'ebay.com' 7 Eintr?ge.

Conclusion? You have to edit your auction database tables plus edit auction_feedback.php

michimaus

I'm looking to edit the link that's on the Auction Listing. I would like it to link to the Canadian Ebay. Right now it links auctions to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2375971270

I would like to be able to link it to:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2375971270

1. Update the auction_houses db table to point to the correct URL

2. Edit your "My Auction" in the osCommerce admin configuration section.

3. Edit auction_feedback.php to point to the correct place. (I haven't moved that into a configuration section yet.)

4. Tell me if there is anything else I missed.

Edited by auctionblox

Regarding emails:

1. I'm working on email templates that can be sent easily to one or many customers at once (for auctions and normal osc). When an email is sent to many customers, it actually is sending a separate email to each user so that other users do not see other names in the To: list.

2. Each template will have the ability to BCC: another email address (e.g. yours)

3. Each email sent is saved in a sent items folder.

4. You can sort various ways to determine which emails have been sent to whom.

5. You can view the email sent and the timestamp just like a normal email

program.

6. You can print the email for hard-copy purposes.

Anybody see any holes in this approach?

Edited by auctionblox

Anthony,

regarding mails:

Good idea to have some kind of history for auctions anyway.

There are some contribs about helpdesk & support system. Maybe integrating

interfaces to these will safe some effort...

With the sent "Email feature" you?re only one way. You splitt the conversation thread into two parts: OSC (outboud) & your favourite email proggie(inbound).

As osc is already database driven, I would prefer this platform.

So maybe in a first step you can integrate s.th. that makes it possible to add the missing information manually.

Thers more actions than Email: Notes, phone calls, ...

I drive u crazy :D

michimaus

Oh, that's just asking for trouble.

CorneliusH:

I changed the COD to "Already Paid via PayPal" and I include a brief note in my invoices to the effect of, "If you have already paid via PayPal, please select the "Already Paid via PayPal" option in the payment screen."

Anthony

I've had no problems with BIN. They should always download. Are you experiencing problems, or is this a question?

What does this mean?

My BIN sale is not downloaded if the item is sold before this contrib download the (unsold) auction! Ebay no. #3701955946 is a test example I uploaded to ebay yesterday (24 hours ago) and bought after a few minutes. I haven't seen it being downloaded yet - I have experienced this problem several times before.

Fatal error: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition supercart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /hotel/cornelius-hansen/cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 162

This must be a conflict between this contrib and another contrib or something else - The error message has despaired after I installed this contrib: automatic thumbnail creator 9.0 (What a magnificent contrib!). The difference seems to be that my catalog/includes/function/html_output.php was version 1.56 and the new coming with the thumb contrib was version 1.60. All changes I've made in for other contribs was moved to 1.60.

I'm a little frustrated over the auctions this contrib never discover. This is the last - listed several days ago and sold yesterday - eBay 3270785832. Is it a general problem or should I look for something in my osc?

Sincerely

Cornelius

Edited by CorneliusH

Anthony

YES!

I would love to have the opportunity to have a copy emailed to my e-mail address in order to keep a copy of all correspondence in one place - In my e-mail software I can then search on all auction sale relevant e-mails. If following your suggestion I have to look in two places to see all the correspondence with a auction costumer.

The other suggestions sounds great!

Sincerely

Cornelius

My BIN sale is not downloaded if the item is sold before this contrib download the (unsold) auction!  ... bought after a few minutes. I haven't seen it being downloaded yet - I have experienced this problem several times before.

I'm a little frustrated over the auctions this contrib never discover.  Is it a general problem or should I look for something in my osc?

Something has gone wrong with your site over the past couple of day based on my logs. We'll discuss this offline.

Hello

anthony I like the idea about the emails..

and I am wondering about the shipping when I use the weight on ebay .. and it doesn't show up on the in my store.. is there something I can do about that???

Naomi

and I am wondering about the shipping when I use the weight on ebay .. and it doesn't show up on the in my store.. is there something I can do about that???

It uses the fixed shipping cost at eBay, not the weight. If you want to use weight based shipping, then use the standard osc modules. If you don't have a product for each auction item, you can follow Cornelius' advice to create a default product. Specify the correct weight for your default product.

Hi, i'm having real difficulties getting this running, well its running fine on my home test server... but on my host server the chechout_shipping page shows an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_auction_contents() in /www/*/*******/htdocs/store/includes/classes/super_shipping.php on line 33

this error comes up when i have "Use eBay shipping cost for domestic shipping" enabled to true... but it doesn't come up when its set to false..

can someone please help... i'm getting desperate... and frustrated... i have checked and double checked that the files on my home server are the same as the production server... still doesn't work.

Thanks Regards Chunks

Edited by Chunks

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_auction_contents() in /www/*/*******/htdocs/store/includes/classes/super_shipping.php on line 33

That function is in the super_cart.php file. My guess is that you either don't have that file installed, or more likely you did not make the 2 required changes in application_top.php.

this error comes up when i have "Use eBay shipping cost for domestic shipping" enabled to true... but it doesn't come up when its set to false..

I had a lot of problems too. And please double check you changes_ms2 or MS1(which ever one you did))

I got some lines mixed up and that is why it didn't work.. when I got the lines straighten out everything worked great.. so double check the changes_ms2

Naomi

I have a slight problem. For some reason when a user attempts to use the auction checkout, they are being directed to checkout_shipping.php rather than auction_checkout_shipping.php.

Is this correct? If so, the user can't get past the checkout_shipping.php page. What have I missed? Where do I make the change to force the auction_checkout_shipping.php? Thanks in advance for the help.