• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

Anthony - please take a look at this: :rolleyes:

A: I have eBay auction sales manager 1.0 running (test) without problems so far. When I go to auction_finder.php I get this: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/auction_finder.php

I'm not sure eBay like it (I'm sure they don't :angry: ). Products, prices, specials and news all over the screen.

B: I bought a watch to my wife on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcIS...item=2675211123

When I check out using Andale (their method must be OK because they are all over eBay :) ) I get this: http://www.andale.com/byrMktLink?cid=10663...listId=70401811

Difference: The merchandise from the catalog is only one click away and you can't see pictures and prices.

The eBay "link problem" could be solved if auction_finder.php got a more neutral start page. :D

Sincerely

Cornelius

The result would be the same - some costumers would put a thing or two extra in the cart before they finally checked out.

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure eBay like it (I'm sure they don't  ). Products, prices, specials and news all over the screen.

You are using STS, which creates all that extra stuff. You can look at the demo auction_finder.php and see that it IS generic, and hence it's allowed.

Since you are using STS, you should create yourself a generic template for that page only. There are instructions in STS for doing that.

Here's what the generic auction_finder.php looks like:

http://demo.auctionblox.com/salesmanagerms...tion_finder.php

I released version 1.1 of the eBay Auction Sales Manager for MS2. (This was previously referred to as Service Release 2.)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1772

It does NOT include the changes we discussed regarding a generic auction product to avoid using the product mapping. I think I need to understand more about what you want to do here.

Trying the new release for first time when running sql query get following message:

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO configuration(

configuration_title,

configuration_key,

configuration_value,

configuration_description,

configuration_group_id,

sort_order,

last_modified,

date_added,

use_function,

set_function

)

VALUES (

'eBay NPB Alert URL', 'NPB_ALERT_URL', 'http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=NPBComplaintConfirm&itemno=%s' 'Enter the Non-Paying Bidder eBay URL', 99, 1, '2003-12-01 13:07:44', '2003-12-01 13:07:44', NULL , NULL

)

MySQL said:

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Hello Anthony

I discovered that I have mad the STS changes in auction_finder!?

I have tried to make the first change (Left column) only and save. Result: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/auction_finder.php

When I make the second change (Right column) the check in box and all the eBay Auctions Manager related stuff disappears?

About hidden categories folders.

I need to build a structure with items not visible to my normal costumers. They should be used in the match between my eBay title and my catalog title for the same item required by eBay Auction Manager before invoicing.

Sincerely

Cornelius

I have tried to make the first change (Left column) only and save. Result: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/auction_finder.php

When I make the second change (Right column) the check in box and all the eBay Auctions Manager related stuff disappears?

You need to leave the auction_finder.php file the way it was. You create an STS template for that page by following instructions in the STS contribution.

About hidden categories folders.

I need to build a structure with items not visible to my normal costumers. They should be used in the match between my eBay title and my catalog title for the same item required by eBay Auction Manager before invoicing.

Creating a hidden folder is not currently in scope for my project. As I've mentioned before, you can create hidden products simply by marking them as unavailable (e.g. red) in the admin.

Hello Anthony

I'm very close to set it up for a real costumer test

My I suggest a few improvements:

1. as many lines with items in admin/auction/whatever as I wish (today I can max have 20)

2. Only one email (invoice + order process) to each costumer with all items listed - today one e-mail to each costumer for each item.

3. A solution to the "hidden folder" problem. If I follow you suggestion and the costumer click on the product during check out he get the message "the product doesn't exist"! - that's no good for business...

4. Availability to sort the columns in admin/auction/whatever

and 5. A small e-mail editor for the e-mails send by your contribution - it could be an add to admin/configuration/my auctions

Thanks for you understanding and patience

Sincerely

Cornelius

6. The eBay item number should be visible all the way in the system because it's the main key for my and the costumer when going back in the eBay.com system. Also on the order process e-mail.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I appreciate all feedback so that I can make this as good as possible. Here are my thoughts...

1. as many lines with items in admin/auction/whatever as I wish (today I can max have 20)

Sounds good.

2. Only one email (invoice + order process) to each costumer with all items listed - today one e-mail to each costumer for each item.

The will be kind of difficult, since auctions end at different times. And, there's no way to know the winner prior to end of auction. You have any suggestions here?

3. A solution to the "hidden folder" problem. If I follow you suggestion and the costumer click on the product during check out he get the message "the product doesn't exist"! - that's no good for business...

I was unaware that it was doing this. Clearly, there needs to be a solution for the problem. Can you explain this further or maybe PM me a link to try with instructions on reproducing?

Availability to sort the columns in admin/auction/whatever

Agreed.

5. A small e-mail editor for the e-mails send by your contribution - it could be an add to admin/configuration/my auctions

I have a solution already planned for this...stay tuned.

Hello Anthony

1. Great.

The will be kind of difficult, since auctions end at different times. And, there's no way to know the winner prior to end of auction. You have any suggestions here?

CorneliusH: I decide when I send the invoice mail. I go to the "not checked out" mark the all and click invoice - The eBay Auction Manager sort the email addresses and send one to each email address with the items from all the items with the same email address.

3. I've send you a winner e-mail with the link. The contribution Hidden Products describe the solution, but it's impossible to work with. It looks like the files in this contribution are made to an early 2.2 snapshot and as a part of a package wit a lot of contributions. In my mind it could be solved if you where able to make just one category in admin/catalog/categories.products there was invisible for costumers. Inside that category you could make a structure of categories and products.

Another solution could be an extra status feature. Now there's Active (green) and Set Inactive (red) There could be an Active/Hidden (yellow).

4 and 5 great.

Sincerely

Cornelius

Anthony,

great Stuff! :rolleyes:

just like to inform you about a smal issue.

Your contrib contains a file called: split_page_results.php

As you use a very generic filename here it may conflict to other contribs using

similar functions... <_<

BTW: IT already does with FAQdesk :ph34r:

Would be better to prefix with "auction_" as you do with the other files & rename classes & functions. I know this creates some kind of redundance to osc, but you will feel better - I believe :D

Additionally some Idea for future releases:

- Editable Dropdown for the positive/neutral/negative Remarks section + randomizer.

Type in a Phrase. If its not in the Database - Just ADD. You can re-select in the future. Push the Randomize-Button and you get your remark from the database.

OSC loves you, honey! B)

Mike

Just a little experience to share: I have installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN and eBay auction manager. The work great together without any eBay auction manager changes in PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

Cornelius

Anthony,

got your contrib to run now.

Here some expieriences you may consider in future regarding installation other than 'us'.

My suggestions target the tables 'auction_status' and 'auction_sale_status'.

both tables have the 'language_id' Coloumn set to Value '1' by default.

This results running into problems if Languge is not ID 1.

Hint for others: You can lookup your Language ID in the Language in the 'Languages' table using phpmyadmin or so.

One of the side effects are that the Listing Status combobox in admin/auction_sale_item.php becomes empty. Because of that Item record are made to the database but afterwards they will not be found by the system anymore - which is bad, of course.

S.b. can simply work around this by changing the language ID in the mentioned tables to the currently used in languages, but the application will still not run in a multi language administration.

Think you should mention this in your installation docs or better change this in in a future release. Why do you make a Database call to read additional 3 lines of information? this could be done in the language files as you must read them anyway...

Great job though :rolleyes:

michimaus

Glad to report that upon installation of V1.1 it all appears to be working fine :)

Just one thing - if you have the automatic upload of auctions I presume it populates the section in admin? Can't you have the option to manually do this?

Is that whole section supposed to have nothing in?

Well my installation to the store appeared to go ok, but I have two errors.. and Im completely LOST!

If I go directly to the auction_upload.php I get this error "error.version.incorrect"

When I signed up for auctionblox.. I got these errors (at auctionblox when they tried to check my configurations)

"

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_hostconnect: connect failed in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\auctionblox.com\wizard\includes\classes\net_http_client.php on line 632

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:8080 in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\auctionblox.com\wizard\includes\classes\net_http_client.php on line 632

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\auctionblox.com\wizard\includes\classes\net_http_client.php on line 632

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\auctionblox.com\wizard\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 37

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0"

I released version 1.1 of the eBay Auction Sales Manager for MS2. (This was previously referred to as Service Release 2.)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1772

It does NOT include the changes we discussed regarding a generic auction product to avoid using the product mapping. I think I need to understand more about what you want to do here.

What is meant by a generic product map is that all auctions are defaulted to map on productid=87 (for example). From there, the auction can be mapped to a specific product in you oscommerce, or is left to map on productid=87.

Also I was wondering if this contribution is able to send out emails automatically after auctions end. i understand that the only this would probably work is if you left the shipping calculations to your oscommerce instead of the admin auction.

Let me know if I wasnt too clear about the generic product mapping. Thx again.

The feature major near-term feature requests as I see them are:

1. Add eBay title and item# to the shopping cart, order, invoice, order history, ...

(I've done this. You can see it at http://demo.auctionblox.com/salesmanagerms2/admin. Do an admin checkout to the title show up in the cart.)

2. We've talked about a hidden product/category feature. The problem with this is that it is not really auction related and is very invasive to the oscommerce files. Is the only issue here that we don't want the item showing up in the store? And, we want the buyer to get a description if they click on the item in the cart? If so, how about I change Super Cart to display the ebay title and item #. When you click on the item in the cart, then take them to the eBay item page (in a new window) rather than the "Product does not exist" page in osc. Then you could disable the product in the catalog, but have no ill effects. Does this work?

3. Mapping all unmapped auctions to a default product.

I know that there are other ones we discussed in the admin, but let's try to address the ones that give us the biggest win first.

What do you think?

CorneliusH,

I like your suggestions. As for the sending of one email for multiple items, that is indeed tricky. It depends what is updated at the time. If entering all the info manually, yes, have it search by email address, and see if there are multiple items with the same email address that are not checked out.

If you use the automation, it's a bit trickier. If it updates while they are inbetween their purchases, they will get one email, and then at next update their would get another one because it wouldn't pick up the second auction until the next update. Could help this situation by having updates more frequent though.

I agree that the eBay Item # should be included, should make that a key to insert into the emails as well. ie "Thank you for purchasing Item # 12345671234 - Cannon Color Jet 6000c"

michimaus

Not sure about the random feedback thing. Idea behind this contrib is streamline. While I DO agree that sometimes it's nice to type in the feedback, I do thing having a database of feedback would be all that helpful. Then you'd have to select which feedback to leave for each person if you didn't want to hit random. Out of the 2600 feedback I left last week, I manually entered in 10, 8 neg, and 2 positive. I did them manually on eBay's site. Didn't take me long, and the other 2590 went extremely fast because I didn't have to choose feedback templates or anything for them all.

I do, however, thing that the ability to change the listings from "File NPB Alert" to "NPB Alert Filed" and have the date eligible for Final Value Fee (10 days from date/time left) would be helpfull. Countdown would be nice, but that would take more processing time. At minimum give us the ability to change to "NPB Alert Filed" so we can keep track of who we've filed and not. since once you leave the warning they all say "File NPB Alert"

Edited by sparky

Hello Anthony

1. Add eBay title and item# to the shopping cart, order, invoice, order history, ...

EXCELLENT!

2. We've talked about a hidden product/category feature. etc.

VERY GOOD SOLUTION - a link directly to the product on the eBay site has several advantages: The costumer can see exactly what he has bought to the right price (today you see the catalog price if you're clicking on the photo in the cart - it's confusing because it is different from the eBay price) and with the right picture. With the right mapping to the catalog, where the item can't be seen, should it still be possible to manage the stock. Could it be an option to se/not see the picture of the item in the cart. It would also make sense with your 3 below.

3. YES - it would be perfect - and no picture shown in the cart (if you have tho show a picture it could be the auction house logo)

Sincerely

Cornelius

worldwidedvds

The combined e-mail function isn't tricky - for eBay SAP users like me, it's a very useful tool because your costumers receive enough e-mails already from eBay. The problem is that you have to send a mail per item or one mail with all items - (and It can obviously only contain items sold). If you only send one of the Item mails to a multiple buyer - he will be confused because he will thing "What about the other items". One of the very excellent features with eBay Auction Manager is that you have full control over multiple purchases on different dates. Unpaid purchases remain in the cart until they are paid - it will save me a lot of time.

Randomly feedback with as may pre written statements as you want is also a SAP tool. It's a very good service to give the buyers, who has written a different feed back statement per item - it looks like you have taken the time to do the same... A very good feedback toll is "reverse feedback" = give feedback to buyers who have given you feedback automatically.

The count down function for the NPB to the time where you can get the FVF fee request posted is a good idea.

Sincerely

Cornelius

Edited by CorneliusH