• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

auctionblox

This is the official support forum for: eBay Auction Sales Manager 1.0

You may post questions and problems here. This forum is also for describing new features that you would like to see implemented in the contribution including what you like and what you don't like about the contribution.

Enjoy!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great contribution, and I have added it to my website. Everything is working great, except for two features.

1st -- When I go to leave positive feedback for a completed transaction, I click the "Leave Positive Feedback" link. Then I have to confirm it, which I do. But then after I confirm the feedback, I get this error at the top of the admin page "error.noaccount". It appears in a pink area at the top.

Any idea on what would be causing that??

2nd -- I have the "Individual Product Shipping Prices - v2.0" contrib added to my website. The individual shipping prices that I had previously setup for each product no longer appear when I do a regular store purchase. The amount that appears is $0.00.

Any idea on how to change that, so I can use the eBay identified shipping prices for those items, and still be able to use the individual shipping prices for regular store purchases??

Thanks for any help in advance :D

I just installed this contribution and I tried to follow the instruction. Because this is my first install of this contribution, I follow the steps in INSTALL_MS2

I ran into 3 problems when I Hand-code the changes in CHANGES_MS2.txt

1. I did not find the specific lines to change for /catalog/shopping_cart.php

I'm using osCommerce 2.2-MS1, and the heading of my shopping_cart.php is

$Id: shopping_cart.php,v 1.2 2003/06/19 11:43:15 mdima Exp $

2. There is no filename called

/catalog/includes/filename.php

3. There is no filename called

/admin/includes/filenames.php

So - what do I do now? There is no further instruction in the download. I found under Configuration - there is a new entry called "My Auction". But I'm not sure what to enter here.

This is a great contribution, and I have added it to my website. Everything is working great, except for two features.

1st -- When I go to leave positive feedback for a completed transaction, I click the "Leave Positive Feedback" link. Then I have to confirm it, which I do. But then after I confirm the feedback, I get this error at the top of the admin page "error.noaccount". It appears in a pink area at the top.

Any idea on what would be causing that??

2nd -- I have the "Individual Product Shipping Prices - v2.0" contrib added to my website. The individual shipping prices that I had previously setup for each product no longer appear when I do a regular store purchase. The amount that appears is $0.00.

Any idea on how to change that, so I can use the eBay identified shipping prices for those items, and still be able to use the individual shipping prices for regular store purchases??

Thanks for any help in advance :D

I also have Individual Shipping contribution installed, but all my shipping prices have remained the same. No problem here. I hate to tell you, but you might've made a tiny mistake while hand-coding the changes.

Greetings from Denmark :D

I'm a oscommerce user (and an eBay seller using eBay's SAP).

It's a little unclear how your excellent oscommerce contribution and "mySales and myListings Combo Pack" handles multiple eBay sales to the same costumer - often on different dates.

Can I use SAP for uploading new items to eBay - and ebay manager 1.0 + my sales to manage the sales - often multiple to same costumer.

Does your program make an account for each costumer and add all unpaid items before checkout?

Please advise.

Sincerely

Cornelius

PS It's a brilliant idea to "draw" the eBay buyer through the shop before checkout

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Can I use SAP for uploading new items to eBay - and ebay manager 1.0 to manage the sales - often multiple to same costumer.

Yes, the listing does not need to contain any special information to be compatible with the auction manager. You simply need to set up your product mapping so that the title of the auction matches the product you are selling in your store.

Does your program make an account for each costumer and add all unpaid items before checkout?

Yes.

A single customer may have multiple quantities of the same item (as in fixed price items), and multiple auctions of single items (multiple standard auctions). The checkout process will find all sales for a given customer email address and add them together in the shopping cart.

Also, if you are using the eBay shipping manager it will also calculate the correct shipping and insurance for multiple items based on the shipping and insurance charges that you set in the listing!

If you are using the standard OSC shipping modules, it will calculate shipping just like it does in the store for multiple item orders.

There are still a few of us old schooler's out there with heavily modded site's that live by the old addage "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Understood. I'll look into making an MS1 version in the near future...

Edited by auctionblox

OK - Thanks

I've instaled the eBay auction SM1.0 and it looks like it's working (looks like...) - but I can find the file /catalog/checkout_paypalipn.php

I'm using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.2 and the

file /catalog/checkout_paypalipn.php

is only used in PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.0

Should I change something in the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.2 files?

Sincerely

Cornelius

Hello agin agin agin

I get this bug? in Admin/Tools/Who's online

Fatal error: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition supercart of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in /hotel/cornelius-hansen/cornelius-hansen.com/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 162

What's that???

Sincerely

Cornelius

I understand exactly how ebay works and that *most* users tend to pay via paypal. This being the case, and assuming I have put something on ebay for auction, then what happens to someone who actually wins the auction? Are they referred to my website, and they then pay via my online mechant account? Or do they still pay via paypal?

I recommend you REMOVE the "I accept PayPal" option in your listing. Of course, you can have text in your listing that says you accept paypal, and OF COURSE you accept paypal on your osCommerce site. But, don't make it easy for the user to simply pay with PayPal from eBay. That creates more work for you. You WANT the customer to come to your site to checkout so that you have all of the information for shipping, your quantity is updated, you can print out a receipt, etc. You know... all of the things that osCommerce does to make life easy for online sellers!

Do I manually upload items that are on auction into my website?

You manually create an auction sale. You need not worry about the auctions section.

What are the advantages for users to having this on my site? Why would they want this, instead of keeping things simple and they just pay via paypal via ebay?

There is no real advantage for the user except perhaps checking their order status on your site. The advantage is for YOU the seller. If keep you up to date on who has paid, who has checked out, who you've shipped, etc. No more emails back and forth with the user on how to pay, where to ship, etc.

Edited by auctionblox

OK - Thanks

I've instaled the eBay auction SM1.0 and it looks like it's working (looks like...) - but I can find the file /catalog/checkout_paypalipn.php

I'm using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.2 and the

file /catalog/checkout_paypalipn.php

is only used in PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.0

Should I change something in the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.2 files?

Sincerely

Cornelius

The correct contribution to use is:

PayPal IPN v0.981 for Milestone 2

However, you can use other payment contributions, you just need to:

SEARCH FOR:

$payment_modules->after_process();

ADD AFTER:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

$cart->reset(true, $insert_id);

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

Edited by auctionblox

A few last questions before I take the plunge:

1. I assume that it is not necessay to offer PayPal as a payment option on my website. All checkouts can still be done as per my usual merchant account?

2. I understand that buyers will be routed from ebay to my website via a custom button on ebay. Once they are on my website, will it automatically put all their items in the shopping cart? If this is true, then the only thing they will have to do is hit checkout, at which point in time they will be presented with one of the following options (I have PWA installed):

1. Create account

2. Login

3. Proceed directly to Checkout

And then they will have to just follow the checkout routine.

Does this sound right?

Perhaps with this installed, it will be a better option to also instal the PayPal contribution....any advice on this?

I assume that it is not necessay to offer PayPal as a payment option on my website. All checkouts can still be done as per my usual merchant account?

It is not necessary to offer PayPal. You can use any payment method you like. In order for your auction sale to be changed from "Sale:Not Checked Out" to "Sale:Checked Out" (which is great for management purposes), you need to follow the instructions for the PayPal IPN piece in your specific payment implementation.

I understand that buyers will be routed from ebay to my website via a custom button on ebay.

And, via the invoice email (winning bidder notification). In my experience, you will have more success with getting checkouts from the invoice email.

Once they are on my website, will it automatically put all their items in the shopping cart? If this is true, then the only thing they will have to do is hit checkout, at which point in time they will be presented with one of the following options (I have PWA installed):

1. Create account

2. Login

3. Proceed directly to Checkout

And then they will have to just follow the checkout routine.

Yes, to all.

I'm using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.2

I looked at PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.5. As far as I can tell, you should not have to make any changes to make this work. If you made the following change in checkout_process.php (as mentioned in the instructions), then I think it will work:

SEARCH FOR:

$payment_modules->after_process();

REPLACE:

$cart->reset(true);

WITH:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

$cart->reset(true, $insert_id);

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

The ONLY purpose of this call is to change the state of the auction sale from Not Checked Out to Checked Out.

Can someone that is using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.5 verify that this works correctly?

Edited by auctionblox

In v1.5 (which everybody should upgrade to)

The cart is reset in two places, due to PayPal sending two seperate IPNs

[1] PayPal - osC

[2] Customer - osC

For [1], this involves catalog/includes/classes/paypal/cart.php, look for the function process_transaction() which is basically checkout_success.php all over again (i.e copied 'appropiately'). This is called when PayPal sends their independant IPN, which as far as I can tell occurs 'prior' to the customer being shown the last PayPal page where they would then click the continue button to return to the site (case [2]).

For [2], this involves the usual checkout_process.php file, which calls the before_process in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php, this is analogous to the default osC scenario of a customer retruning to osC when having clicked the last PayPal continue button.

So catalog/checkout_process.php is now only ever used when [1] has never been received prior to the customers return.

And the catalog/includes/module/payment/paypal.php before_proccess function now determines whether [1] has already been received and resets the cart if it has, i.e the order already exists.

This is the before_process function:

function before_process() {
     global $cart, $customer_id, $order;
     include_once DIR_WS_CLASSES.'/paypal/ipn.php';
     if ( strcmp(phpversion(),'4.0.6') <= 0 ) $_POST = $HTTP_POST_VARS;
     $ipn = new paypal_ipn(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG_EMAIL,$_POST,tep_session_name(),MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG);
     //post back to PayPal system to validate
     if($ipn->authenticate('www.paypal.com')) {
       //check to see whether the txn_id already exists
       if(!$ipn->unique_txn_id()) {
         //txn_id has already been stored, so reset shopping cart session
         $cart->reset(true);
         // unregister session variables used during checkout
         tep_session_unregister('sendto');
         tep_session_unregister('billto');
         tep_session_unregister('shipping');
         tep_session_unregister('payment');
         tep_session_unregister('comments');
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, 'paypal=authorized', 'SSL'));
       } else {
         //PayPal hasn't notified us yet but the customer is here, so continue the transaction.
         //Really we could do further checks like checking for
         //a valid payment i.e. $ipn_cart->valid_payment($ipn,$cart,$currency)
         $ipn->insert_ipn_txn();
         $order->paypal_ipn_id = $ipn->get_paypal_ipn_id();
         return false;
       }
     } else {
       //PayPal did not authorize this transaction or there may have been problems
       //communicating with them, If there were no communication problems then someone is
       //trying a blatant hack, so send the store owner msg to that effect and let the
       //them continue as per default osC scenario
       $msg = "A transaction occured but PayPal did not verify it, this could be due to a "
              ."communications error, but it could also be an attempted hack.\r\n"
              ."Customer $customer_id, {$order->customer['firstname']} {$order->customer['lastname']} has been "
              ."allowed to continue their order.\r\n"
              ."Please Check Your PayPal account.\r\n\r\n";
       $ipn->send_email('Invalid Customer Transaction',$msg);
       unset($msg);
       return false;
     }
   }

So what could now be done is for the function $ipn->unique_txn_id() to return the 'order_id' if the transaction_id is not unique.

This can then be put in as the required variable for $reset->cart(true,$order_id).

i.e. $insert_id is $order_id.

Haven't tested it and haven't looked at this auction contrib code, so quickly thinking, this seems roughly what needs to be done if also using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Hmm now for "normal" (non auction items) my shipping options have been removed and all I get is :-

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Best Way S&H [insured] ?0.00

---

what happened to all my normal options?