• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Archiving delivered orders

Just2Bad

Hi, is there a contrib that can "archives" delivered orders so you don't have all your finished orders in the orders section but juste the open one. Maybe something like the cancel orders contrib that move the orders to another "folder".

I too would like to know if this contribution exists? I had having to scan through the pages and pages of delivered/shipped orders.... It would be nice to have some sort of archive method, but this would probably require customer history logic to change too.

Yes, there should be a separate delivery document/transaction type. Not only for the purposes for visibility but it also gives you the capability to track partially shipped orders (multiple deliveries for the sales order or line) and to combine multiple order lines and transport them in a single delivery - given the same distribution point, soldto and shipto.

Yep, I am currently altering the Cancel Orders contribution to fit my needs. I am changing it to archive orders, and doing away with the 2099 status code. I have orders that are cancelled via customer request because some of our items may not be in stock and they dont want to wait.. So by doing away with 2099 code I am just moving shipped and cancelled orders into the new tables so I can keep track of how many sales I am loosing because of my inventory(allows for me to see changes when adjustments are made)...