osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I was being sarcastic, unless you try to explain more about your environment and the steps that you have taken in your preliminary tests, there is not much help anybody can give. Unfortunately you must go through the previous posts which contains all of the information that you might need, once you start asking the right questions you can then get a better response.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

With regard to the Paypal IPN and Gift Voucher situation, I ran a test purchase thru my store and the following happened

1. the order confirmation screen showed the order value of ?41 with gift vouchers of ?40, leaving a balance of ?1 to pay thru paypal

2. the paypal screen correctly identified that ?1 was due

3. the transaction completed successfully from the customer end, with a correct order email being sent and when i returned to the store it was fine

4. i check Admin and the order is there, showing as "paypal confirmed"

5. the IPN is there, showing a status of "completed" against the correct order

6. the order doesn't show any paypal details (maybe i've cocked up and copied over something whilst installing a different mod)

7. the email i received said "COULD NOT PROCESS" when clearly it HAD processed it (to some degree anyhow)

BOttom line is from the customer end everything looks fine, and from my end I can still see that the order has been placed AND that it's been successfully paid using Paypal.

The only problems are 6 and 7, but to be honest I can live with those....

Cheers

Bill

Bill,

Have you commented out the check_valid_payment if statement in catalog/ipn.php. I think this will resolve the problem, (the COULD NOT PROCCESS one anyway), why the customer's paypal details did not show is a mystery right now. Quickly thinking the IPN that PayPal sent to you independently was not registered, hence the above email, thus (I suspect) it was only when the customer came back to the store that the order was processed, why their details did not end up in the order page is the weird part.

PoZel,

Try out the test decribed at the bottom of page 5 of this thread. You will also need to make a trial purchase yourself. There should be sufficient info around that section of the thread to let you know how to sufficiently test a PayPal transaction.

Gregory,

I am looking into your PayPal IPN solution. It seems more feature rich than the other solutions offered. I have a question about enabling the IPN url in my paypal account. What if I have multiple domains needing to utilize the paypal IPN? Will I need to also have multiple paypal accounts for each store?

They will all be on the same server attached to the same database & same tables.

I hope this question is understandable.

Ryan,

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php find the function _getPayPalFields() and where it retruns the $paypal_fields string the code should now look like this:

$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('notify_url', tep_href_link('ipn.php', '', 'SSL'));
return $paypal_fields;

This will overide the url specified in your PayPal profile.

At this moment in time this contribtuion is designed for MS2 2.2, it may work for previous versions but that would be just by chance.

I would not really recommended using a CVS version for a live site since CVS versions each have different states of change during the development cycle for the next release and if for example you discover a problem you could have problems getting suport for it or correcting it.

I have installed PayPal IPN v0.98 for Milestone 2 and did the following in the admin>>modules>>payment option for paypalipn

Use cURL - True

Allowed Currencies - USD,EUR,GBP

Default Currency - USD

Test Mode - False

Set Order Status - default

I added my notification url in paypal administration too.

I have added this option on site. Now when i get orders through paypal, the status becomes 'Paypal processing'. Even if the payment is made, the status remains 'paypal processing'. I m sorry but i just dont know how to make this work. What should i do now after i see any order with 'paypal processing' status. When i check my log, i find that paypal's bot visits my paypal_notify.php file but there is no update in the status.

I m sorry but i dont know what to do after installing this mod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Warm Regards,

Jack

Jack,

Can't really help you there, this contribution support thread is for PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN. It is not the same as PayPal IPN v0.98.

Sorry for my ignorance, but i am a little confused.

With the ipn.php file that you have to link to from paypal, Am i right in thinking that it is not part of the initial install of this Contribution??

Basically, i need to know how to get the correct file ready for use, and then where to put it on the server, and then what link to give it from my PayPal IPN settings.

Any help is much needed, and will be greatly appreciated.

great, thanks!!!

One more quick thing, I have searched for the solution, but no luck. When I am in admin, and goto customers, i get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in/home/pozel/public_html/hotpack/admin/customers.php on line 461

Any idea why??

fixed it. I had re-uploaded the customers.php file from the contribution, and so had got rid of the fixed file from the fix_for_paysystems contrib.

One other thing:

When i am in admin, if i click on the PayPal IPN link under customers, i am linked to: admin/FILENAME_PAYPAL_IPN

I have checked the file system file and FILENAME_PAYPAL_IPN does link to the correct file "paypal.php".

Is there a reason for this, and/or a solution

Greg,

Thanks for your response.

The problem I have is that my web host has installed 2.2CVS for me

and I have already made some customizations to my site.

My web hosting company is asking me to do the 2.2MS installation myself, but

I am not aware of any smooth upgrading process to 2.2MS from 2.2CVS.

My questions on this issue (along with similar questions from several others) have

not been answered.

Thanks

Sudipta

PoZel,

It is a php define in includes/filenames.php

afaik what you have described can only happen if filenames.php is not included in the php code of the file you are running.

bhawmik,

Don't expect answers. Each CVS build is different. CVS is a development version not intented for a live environment. If you wish to use it you must learn CVS. (I tried once but am afraid but that is beyond my talents.)

This is my admin/includes/filenames.php file, any idea y i get the error?

<?php

/*

$Id: filenames.php,v 1.1 2003/06/20 00:18:30 hpdl Exp $

modified by [email protected] 2003/12/31

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// define the filenames used in the project

define('FILENAME_BACKUP', 'backup.php');

define('FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER', 'banner_manager.php');

define('FILENAME_BANNER_STATISTICS', 'banner_statistics.php');

define('FILENAME_CACHE', 'cache.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php');

define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES', 'categories.php');

define('FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_COUNTRIES', 'countries.php');

define('FILENAME_CURRENCIES', 'currencies.php');

define('FILENAME_CUSTOMERS', 'customers.php');

define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'index.php');

define('FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE', 'define_language.php');

define('FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER', 'file_manager.php');

define('FILENAME_GEO_ZONES', 'geo_zones.php');

define('FILENAME_LANGUAGES', 'languages.php');

define('FILENAME_MAIL', 'mail.php');

define('FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS', 'manufacturers.php');

define('FILENAME_MODULES', 'modules.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS', 'newsletters.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS', 'orders.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP', 'packingslip.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE', 'popup_image.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_attributes.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'products_expected.php');

define('FILENAME_REVIEWS', 'reviews.php');

define('FILENAME_SERVER_INFO', 'server_info.php');

define('FILENAME_SHIPPING_MODULES', 'shipping_modules.php');

define('FILENAME_SPECIALS', 'specials.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS', 'stats_customers.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED', 'stats_products_purchased.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED', 'stats_products_viewed.php');

define('FILENAME_TAX_CLASSES', 'tax_classes.php');

define('FILENAME_TAX_RATES', 'tax_rates.php');

define('FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE', 'whos_online.php');

define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

define('FILENAME_PAYPAL_IPN', 'paypal_ipn.php');

define('FILENAME_PAYPAL_IPN_TEST', 'paypal_ipn_test.php');

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

?>

I'm trying to link directly to paypal from the shopping cart, avoiding all the login, shipping prefs, etc. I'm able to get this work work if I were logged on, but I'm trying to avoid that. So within shopping_cart.php, I've added the necessary modules to call the necessary classes to create the form that links to paypal.

Everything from the form looks just fine, but these values are displayed as is without any value="something" which seems right. But when I click the link to paypal, it brings me to the standard paypal login page, not the make a payment page...

Here's part of the form that goes to paypal where the values do not exist.

<input type="hidden" name="email">

<input type="hidden" name="first_name">

<input type="hidden" name="last_name">

<input type="hidden" name="address1">

<input type="hidden" name="address2">

<input type="hidden" name="city">

<input type="hidden" name="state">

<input type="hidden" name="zip">

<input type="hidden" name="lc">

So will paypal allow a transaction to complete if these values are omitted? And in which file are these being created so I can comment out? Any other items that I should be aware of?

Thanks for any response!

Below is the full form if that helps:

<form name="checkout_confirmation" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_ext-enter">

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]">

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://karmabarbecue.com/store/catalog/checkout_process.php?osCsid=0fed4600b1db85e0aee09ba2130e602a">

<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://karmabarbecue.com/store/catalog/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=0fed4600b1db85e0aee09ba2130e602a">

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Karma Barbecue">

<input type="hidden" name="redirect_cmd" value="_xclick">

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="0.01">

<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="0.00">

<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2">

<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://karmabarbecue.com/store/catalog/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=0fed4600b1db85e0aee09ba2130e602a">

<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="0fed4600b1db85e0aee09ba2130e602a">

<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">

<input type="hidden" name="email">

<input type="hidden" name="first_name">

<input type="hidden" name="last_name">

<input type="hidden" name="address1">

<input type="hidden" name="address2">

<input type="hidden" name="city">

<input type="hidden" name="state">

<input type="hidden" name="zip">

<input type="hidden" name="lc">

<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="0">

<input type="hidden" name="cn" value="Add Comments About Your Order">

<input type="hidden" name="cs" value="1">

<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Ourobouros">

<input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_confirm_order.gif" border="0" alt="Confirm Order" title=" Confirm Order ">

</form>

Ok, I just copied the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN files to my website. I know that I have to use phpmyadmin to run the paypal_ipn.sql file but I can't get it to work. I'm not sure what I am suppose to do there. Am I suppose to upload phpmyadmin to my site and run it there? I can figure everything else except for this step. If anybody can help me with this it would be grealy appreciated.

Richard

You can do the sql commands without phpmyadmin. It is just a bit harder. You would need to log in to mysql on your host computer. Almost all hosts already have phpmyadmin or an equivalent database management program set up.

Question from a newbie... Ive installed the 1.5 and I have only come accross two problems. Im hoping someone here will have an answer:

(1) I have a handling fee mod installed, when taken to paypal my items are in the cart and the shipping has been brought forward, but not the handling fee. Im "guessing" Paypal expects the handling charge to be added to the shipping charge because the checkout says "shipping & handling" (but only gives the value of my shipping charge).

(2) Im trying to run a test, set the option in my admin, but when I get to paypal it says I cant send money to myself.?

Thanks

Tammy

I had installed the earlier version of PayPal IPN .098, and wanted to upgrade to this new PayPal module. It is a fantatic upgrade, by the way!!!

I saw earlier posts where some other people had similar situations, and were asking how to do the upgrade and get rid of the old files from version .098. The old .098 files can cause some weirdnesses to show up in the Admin section. Here is what I did, and it worked well for me.

First, make backups of all of the files that Greg suggests in the Install_Instructions.txt file. Do NOT overwrite any files when you make these backups. Since I knew I was going to replace some files with the 1.5 upgrade, and some files would be untouched, I used this naming convention in the example below:

1- Compare your files with the list in Greg's Install_Instructions.txt. If no backup files found (only original file exists), just copy the present file to whatever.php.bak. You will be left with this:

whatever.php

whatever.php.bak

2- If 2 filenames exist because you already have a backup file from when you installed .098(the original OsCommerce file and the .098 file), they should look similar to this:

whatever.php (PayPal IPN .098 file)

whatever.php.bak (original osCommerce file)

Do the following:

copy whatever.php -> whatever.php.IPN

Then you are left with 3 files that look similar to this:

whatever.php.bak (still the osCommerce original file)

whatever.php (PayPal IPN .098 file)

whatever.php.IPN (a copy of the PayPal IPN .098 file)

Install the PayPal 1.5 upgrade.

This way, I could see which files had gotten overwritten with the new date and byte count. I then doublechecked each file by comparing the Install_Instructions.txt (Greg's file) with the unzipped files from the PayPalIPN .098(the file structure was not laid out in the instructions) to make sure everything matched up correctly.

These are files that were modified with the .098 version. They were not modified after upgrading to PayPal v1.5. They can either be restored to their original state or deleted (see below for more details):

/catalog

account_history.php(Use caution when modifying this file! See note below.)

checkout_paypalipn.php

checkout_success.php

paypal_notify.php

/catalog/admin

paypalipn_tests.php

paypalipn_txn.php

/catalog/admin/includes

column_left.php

/catalog/admin/includes/boxes

paypalipn.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english

paypalipn_txn.php

/catalog/includes

filenames.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english

checkout_success.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment

paypalipn.php

/catalog/includes/languages/modules

downloads.php

/catalog/includes/languages/modules/payment

paypalipn.php

Note: About the account_history.php file:

My website is still in testing mode, so I had no customers to lose except my test customer when going back to the original file version. Someone with a real live site may not want to go back to the original account_history.php(meaning 0 customers). In this case, you could either run a diff on the original file and the PayPal IPN .098 versions, or refer back to the instructions for PayPal IPN .098 and strip out the added code snippet.

So, these are the files that can safely be removed (they were installed with the.098 contribution and are no longer needed:

/catalog/

checkout_paypalipn.php

paypal_notify.php

/catalog/admin

paypalipn_tests.php

paypalipn_txn.php

/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/

paypalipn.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/

paypalipn_txn.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/

paypalipn.php

/catalog/includes/languages/modules/

downloads.php

/catalog/includes/languages/modules/payment/

paypalipn.php

These files can be restored to their original state:

/catalog/

account_history.php (Wipes out "Customers" in the Admin! Think carefully before changing account_history.php!!!)

checkout_success.php

/catalog/admin/includes/

column_left.php

/catalog/includes/

filenames.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/

checkout_success.php

Then, at this point, if you want to remove any lingering .098 files, you can remove filenames with the *.IPN extension. You do not have to remove them if you are still unsure, but they have been renamed, so PayPal IPN weirdness should no longer show up in the Admin section.

Upgrades can be a tad confusing. I hope this helps. If I missed anything, please post any corrections.