• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

Greg,

beside your planned adjustments in the code and the overall coding structure of the contribution - which look promising - is the following point still looked at?

'Problems with session/cookie handling when storing the session in mysql.' (see this and this post)

I wasn't even dreaming of any more features at this point of time :rolleyes:

Marcus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus,

In response the storing the sessions in the db, I have just test two transactions, one with auto-return off and the other with it on, each time the IPN order was generated and the customer's shopping cart reset/emptied upon their return to the site, subsequent clicks did not shown the cart to be re-populated with the previous info. Maybe someone else can verify

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

In fact there is no possibility to pay via paypal without having an account more than once.

This is NOT the case.

Buyers will be able to make multiple payments without signing up for PayPal. The person you spoke with may be referring to the situation if the buyer had a PayPal account in the past which was either forgotten or closed. Credit cards linked to those accounts cannot be used in the new payment flow.

Patrick Breitenbach

Marcus,

In response the storing the sessions in the db, I have just test two transactions, one with auto-return off and the other with it on, each time the IPN order was generated and the customer's shopping cart reset/emptied upon their return to the site, subsequent clicks did not shown the cart to be re-populated with the previous info. Maybe someone else can verify

Thanks for testing this (again). My situation is quite weird. Using auto-return feature off (disabled on paypal website and 'Using Paypal Auto-Return' in modules set to 0) everything is fine. cart is emptied and not refilled.

With Auto-Return feature enabled on the website and 'Using Paypal Auto-Return' in modules set to 1 the cart is reset and emptied when getting back to the shop and gets refilled with the previous just purchased item immediately after surfing to another link on the site.

Greg,

i don't want to bother you any longer with this garbage. Could you just give me a hint where to check for sessions/cookies in osCommerce so that i do not have to debug all the code starting at zero? I just do not understand why it is ok with Auto-Return Off and doing this stupid stuff with the setting being enabled.

Obviously i do not want to rely on the expectation that everybody visiting my store does clear all cookies and temporary files (because if i do that, auto-return ON does work without refilling the cart) :(

Marcus

In fact there is no possibility to pay via paypal without having an account more than once.

This is NOT the case.

Buyers will be able to make multiple payments without signing up for PayPal. The person you spoke with may be referring to the situation if the buyer had a PayPal account in the past which was either forgotten or closed. Credit cards linked to those accounts cannot be used in the new payment flow.

Thank you for clearifying this. Do you have any ETA when we can expect this new way of handling payments for european (german) paypal accounts as well?

Marcus

Obviously i do not want to rely on the expectation that everybody visiting my store does clear all cookies and temporary files (because if i do that, auto-return ON does work without refilling the cart)  :(

Marcus

Well, i'll give up for now. Just cleared my cookies and temporary internet files and tried it with Auto-Return ON (basically just to be sure that at least then it works like it did once when tested in the past) and this time not even the cart got reset after redirection to the shop. Weird... Maybe i have to start from the beginning....

Marcus, it just dawned on me that one reason that the cart is not emptied upon Automatic-Return to your site is because your site has not recieved and processed the IPN in time, this problem would not occur if the user had to click the continue button to get back to the site, but the 10 seconds auto-return might somes be to quick if you see what I mean.

Transaction Tagging

It has been suggested that it would be of benefit if the transaction's could be identified.

In doing so better customer support can be provided and hopefully better feedback received.

This can be implemented in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php, in the function _getPayPalFields:

$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('bn', 'osc-ipn-v1');

return $paypal_fields;

This will be implemented by default in the next release.

Marcus,

I can now confirm the irregularity occurring when storing the sessions in the db.

I also tried to re-implement the original osC method for defining the Payment Method in the order email, but it did not work, whether the two might be related in someway is not clear at this time (something to do with the $payment class).

I did try again with db sessions and the original PayPal module and did not seem to have the problem. But so far the code amended or rather extended in the paypal.php follows the original methodology so I am not clear as to the cause at this time.

I am also concerned about the time frame between the customer being automatically returned to the site and the IPN being received, because if the customer returns first, then in theory the cart which is then cleared will not contain any contents for the IPN to use to generate the order.

I'll look more later....

Marcus,

I can now confirm the irregularity occurring when storing the sessions in the db.

Greg,

excellent that you were able to reproduce my findings. Given the fact that you are doing all these efforts and giving your support for free, your service is beyond all edges. I would even doubt to receive such kind of services with any commercial add-on purchased.

Thanks alot.

Marcus

Hi, I've got this mod installed (v1.6) and have added the Bug fix for cart.php as well...

However, I'm getting the following problems.

When ever ANY order is made using the PayPal payment method, everything seems to go A-OK, however. I get the email from PayPal saying payment recieved, BUT the order does not get created, so no order is listed in Orders, nor does the Order email get sent.

However, with debug info on, I do get 3 emails, with the following subject lines...

1. Elevate, Ltd PayPal IPN: unkown verification occurrence

2. Elevate, Ltd PayPal IPN: HTTP Error

3. Elevate, Ltd PayPal IPN: DEBUG

The Contents of emails 1 & 2 are...

1. Connection Type

curl= socket=tcp:// domain=www.paypal.com port=80 #####################

2. An HTTP Error occured during authentication curl= socket=tcp:// domain=www.paypal.com port=80 #####################

At first I thought that my IPN return address on PayPal was incorrect, but it is set to the correct place (http://store.t-n-m-s.com/ipn.php) N.B. the root of my site is the catalog dir.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

Stewart

Edited by Stewart Gilray

Stewart, look in the contrib downlod dir and you will a dir called connection fix, apply the contents of that file and see whats happens.

Edited by gregbaboolal

This thing worked for me when I did it myself but a customer just made a purchase and osc doesn't see it in orders. who'sonline shows the customer at

I got the email from paypal and 3 emails stating

"I received an unkown post from [CUSTOMER IP ADDRESS] Are you running any tests?"

At Paypal I do not have IPN on...should I? The payment status is unclaimed.

help?

Matt, it is not clear to me why you would of received 3 of the exact same email for the one IPN, that email msg only occurs once, when the IPN is either not a recognized/accepted transcation type and that the txn_id was not of the usual length that PayPal uses. This might be because the customer returned to the site unexpectedly (maybe). Did you change any settings in the osC admin/paypal section? Is your PayPal account configured to use the Auto-Return feature.

I have heard that you do not need to have the IPN feature enabled in your PayPal account as long as the notify_url is specified which it is as per v1.5a==v1.6. But in my experience I noticed that I still need to have a tick in the check box although not having a url specified. I will try and check more thoroughly later, but that is the experience I recently encountered (you need to remove the 'http://' before it will allow you to save an empty url).

Incidentally, you could go to dnsstuff.com and look up the i.p. adress to see if it one of PayPal's.

Why is it so difficult to pass the phone number? I am trying to figure out if it would be possible to create a form that would pass the credit card information as well. I tried to pass the credit car information according to the PayPal parameters but they weren't included either...

Any ideas on this? Thanks

I did not have ipn oin at paypal and when i turned it on it now works.

I updated to 1.5a but i am not sure what the difference between these three are

Return URL behavior

How should the customer be sent back from PayPal to the specified URL?

0=No IPN, 1=GET, 2=POST

Which should i have it on?

Hi Matt,

When you say that IPN is on, did you enter a url?

Also, just before clicking the osC continue confimation button that would then take you to the PayPal page, could you view the source of that page and do a search for 'notify_url', 1.5a has this.

Leave the Return Method set to 2.