• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

have a quick question? have tries seaching and reading for the last 2 hours with no luck, I have paypal 2.1 installed and was running great. I have since installed GV 5.1 . now the cart will not pass the right amount to paypal.

item $4.00

shipping $0.60

tax$0.28

dicount $.40

total = 4.48

but paypal is showing 4.60 - just item and shipping. has anyone else had this problem. I do not think I copied over anything.

cart is here - http://visionsinvinyl.com/cart/

coupon number is ef100 10% off

please some one help

-sean

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, thanks for this great contribution!

Secondly, I am having an issue and I would appreciate any assitance.

I have installed PayPal IPN 2.2. Everything seems to be working OK with the exception of one thing. I am already logged in as a customer. I place an item in the cart and click on the CHECKOUT button. I am then directed back to the login.php page. The system somewhere lost track of the fact that I was already logged in.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks!

Mark

Dayton, OH.

Hi, just got done installing your contribution. this is one of the things that is occurring.

in the Admin interface, orders appears twice under the Customer category.

And the PayPalIPN link is there too, but when I click on it i get

"Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem."

The thing is that I am the Top administrator, got permissions to everything. <_< I also checked the file permissions to make sure everyone has executable rights, but this still persists.

Also, this same message comes up when I try to launch the test page function you've provided.

And from the post above from mbianchi, that same thing happened to me too. I had to relog in to check out.

Thanks!

"So you're from outer space?"

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

I have read through this entire thread and saw quite a few people have the problem where when you access modules you get

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal

in /wherever

I tryed all the fixes posted but none apply to me, I don;t have a backup paypal.php file in my payment directory so this makes no sense as to why it is being redeclared.

PLease some help me I urgently require this to be fixed.. my email is [email protected] or my aim name is "spockhaircut"

I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Thank you.

I have installed PayPal IPN 2.2. Everything seems to be working OK with the exception of one thing. I am already logged in as a customer. I place an item in the cart and click on the CHECKOUT button. I am then directed back to the login.php page. The system somewhere lost track of the fact that I was already logged in.

Doh! Nevermind. This is a brand new cart that I put together and I had an errror in the cookie settings in the config.php file. I have a separate secure server from my catalog server and I was not pointing the the secure server for my secure cookies. Will getcha everytime! :rolleyes:

Mark

Hello,

I got a question on how this works. I've set my contribs order status to "IPN notification Pending" for orders processed by this contrib. I have had some orders with no problems. I upgraded from the old 0.98 version because I was losing too many customers during the logout process. Unfortunately the same thing seems to be happening.

I get orders in the orders section of the admin saying "IPN Notification Pending" but in the actual Paypal IPN admin section I see no order and I don't have the money in my PayPal account. There is "No IPN history available". This must mean that my customer has quit somewhere during the checkout process. Is this a correct assumption or is something wrong with the way I installed the contrib?

Is there anyone out there that has managed to get this contrib working? It would seem that everyone has a problem that stops them from using it...I could (and probably am) be wrong. Interested to hear from people who have got it up and running with no issues.

Is there anyone out there that has managed to get this contrib working?  It would seem that everyone has a problem that stops them from using it...I could (and probably am) be wrong.  Interested to hear from people who have got it up and running with no issues.

I have it working good on mine, there were a couple issues, but got that sorted out quickly.

I'd say on a contribution this large and with soooo many different store configurations and everybody modifying their own code that yeah, there are going to be some issues you may come across. But obviously Greg is willing to help out any and all who install this.

Once again, great contrib Greg.

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

OK, I have modified all of the files, but when I go to install the Paypal module, this what I get...

Warning: main(/home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/admin_orders.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/admin_orders.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/includes/modules/payment/admin_orders.php on line 19

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/catalog/includes/modules/payment/admin_orders.php on line 19

What did I do wrong?

I think I just stumbled on something that may help some people with IPN. Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I didn't find it anywhere here when I was looking for a solution to my problem.

I had the annnoying "Pending Paypal Notification" issue. The order was going through, because Paypal was collecting the funds. I just never got the "completed" message back from Paypal IPN.

As it turns out, it seems that the primary and business e-mail address settings in the admin screen, modules/payment/paypal are CASE SENSITIVE. My customer liked to put his e-mail address as a series of upper case/lower case like [email protected]. This is how his primary e-mail address was set at Paypal. I put his e-mail address in all lower case in the settings for this modification. Once I changed the mixed case to match his address at PayPal, voila! No more "Pending Paypal Notification" issues.

I hope this helps somebody, cause it sure drove me crazy!

Thanks for the contribution, Greg!

Mark Bianchi

Dayton, OH

Edited by mbianchi

Noel, thanks again.

sean, I can't comment right now but maybe in a few days....

Mark, Thanks, that's something I hadn't considered before at will be taken into account in the future.

New Covenant, somewhere in your admin you need to configure the permissions for the 'paypal.php' script, there are different admin access contribs so you'd have to consult their docs.

Epic SA, unfortunately that 'wherever' is the most crucial bit in identifying where and maybe what the problem is.

Matt, if the customer checked out and you didn't get an official PayPal receipt then it would seem that the customer abandoned the cart/order. You could consider contacting them and asking whether there was any problems.

gsu90, your errors are seem to be occuring in 'modules.php' which is a file not amended by this contrib, try verifying the install notes.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

If this answer is in here I am truy sorry - I am going to go back an re-read but there is alot of info in here...

OK i have the latest version and all is good "BUT"

I do not get an email from the store and the order status does not update....

Why?

I do have the admin contribution installed so I have not made the changes to the admin/order.php yet (could this be it) I am doing this now but I did no think this would affect that.

PayPal Instant Payment Notifications is empty?

OK any tips on this?

By the way - NICE contrib. - now my customer cart empties and I like the way it send the info to paypal. -----and even the email from PP would work as it lists the order but why is it not updating the status after PP payment is made?

Just to check I do not have to transfer the payment from paypal to my bank to do this do I?

OK thanks -

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

OK here is my advise to all: If you are tired - go to bed!!!!

The contribution is working fine now - may have something to do with the fact I did not upload a key file ipn.php

Sorry for the post....

Do have a question is there any known bugs to using this with CCGV?

Steven wrote:

Now, this is the even stranger part. When an order is placed, it appears in the 'orders' table of the database and the 'paypal_ipn_id' field is correctly updated to 1 when the IPN is received, however in the 'orders_status_histrory' table I now have two entries;

the first (ie the earliest) is for order no.1 with an 'order_status_id' of 4 (Pending PayPal Notification) and 'customer_notified' is 0 (no)

the second is for the same order number (no.1) but this has an 'order_status_id' of 0 and 'customer_notified' is 1 (yes)

If you try to log in as the customer and view order history...an order appears but nothing is displayed in the order if you select it!?!

I am having the same problems but even more odd. In admin/orders.php and in account_history_info.php I get billing information which has 2 subtotals, 2 shipping options, 2 sales tax, and two totals. Howeve, the email delivered to the customer is correct. Any reason for such madness?

After I checked out phpmyadmin, I came across the orders_total table. It was filled with repeating orders_id. However, in table orders_status_history its looks the way it ought to...

What should I look for in the code? What page should I look at?

Edited by johnnymke

johnymke: not this will really help you but upi migt want to recheck you install code, I have up to date information in account.php....

-------------------------

Has anyone found the fix for the CCGV? Anyone using CCGV with the new IPN?

Thanks. :D Although the PayPal IPN link showed under Customers, I had to go into Adminstration, File Access and add paypal.php to the Customer boxes menu. then it worked. Tested using the test page provided, and all works. Now for that first real order. Excellent contrib.

"So you're from outer space?"

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

I installed this last night and I now get an error using Paypal...

when you click on confirm order I now get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total in /home/user/public_html/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 14

I am not sure why since that is the first line of code in that file and the file isn't even touched while installing this...

Edited by Orphon

Angela

Quick question, i just removed paypal ipn v2 and installed v2.2 but it says

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/abc/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/abc/public_html/admin/paypal.php on line 27

Line 27 shows

require_once DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/database_tables.php');

but isnt the database_tables located inside the includes folder and not the admin/includes folder

But if i look inside my configure.php file it shows that DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES points to catalog/includes/modules, how weird

Edited by talon177

After installing v2.2 i'm wondering if this code inside catalog/checkout_success.php will conflict with the Purcahse Without Account contrib. Should these 2 below be combined? If so know what the best method is? Thanks!

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

} else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

$cart->reset(true);

// unregister session variables used during checkout

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

tep_session_unregister('billto');

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_session_unregister('comments');

tep_session_unregister('paypal_order_id');

}

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

// BoF Purchase Without Account

// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));