• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

Hello all. Greetings from Sao Paulo. I'm in need of some assistance and I'm certain one of you smart folk can help me out here.

I am brand new at IPN and kinda new with PHP. I recently installed osC and v2.2 of PaypalIPN.

I'm trying to set up a store that will sell music and music-related items. I haven't customized it much yet because I'm trying to get the difficult work done first. Imagine that! A new concept indeed! :D It's truly a cookie cutter site at this point.

anyway, when I complete my checkout, it takes me to the "Processing Transaction" page and then auto-forwards to MY Paypal page that I set up with my banner, etc. When MY paypal page opens, the cart is empty and there are no amounts entered.

the orders have "Pending Paypal Notification" status. I have one PaypalIPN transaction for US$.01 with "Complete" status. Auto-return is ON with osCommerce/checkout_process.php as the URL (w/ my domain, of course). IPN is also ON with osCommerce/ipn.php as the URL.

Please remember that I'm a rookie so basic explanations are appreciated if at all possible.

Why isn't Paypal receiving my cart information?

thanks!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN with the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution? I am having a little trouble merging that contribution's "checkout_progress" file with the IPN's split "checkout_progres" and "checkout_update" files. I'm a novice at PHP, so if the code is toooo different, I get lost.

For instance, in the CCGV contribution, you are supposed to add

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');
$order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

After this block of code:

// unregister session variables used during checkout
 tep_session_unregister('sendto');
 tep_session_unregister('billto');
 tep_session_unregister('shipping');
 tep_session_unregister('payment');
 tep_session_unregister('comments');

However, the block of code about session variables is not in the IPN code.

Similarly, you are supposed to add

if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; //ICW added for CREDIT CLASS

After the code:

// load selected payment module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

That code too is different, so I'm not sure where I would add that code.

Thanks!!

I got a question about PayPal's instant credit card transactions (the button in the paypal checkout that says "not a user click here"). If a customer goes through this can they enter in a debit/checking card? I keep getting my customers orders saying "PayPal Processing". I think this is maybe because they're using debit cards instead or real credit cards. Any help? Thanks!

I just upgraded to Paypal IPN 2.2, and I'm seeing something interesting. I have it send itemized shopping carts to paypal, but instead of it taking my shipping charges as shipping charges, it lists them as handling charges. While ordering, paypal lists it as "shipping & handling" but when you look at the details of the order later, the whole shipping charge is listed as handling. Has anyone else seen this?

I know it's not a REAL problem, but I think it looks bad to show a high handling charge.

Hi Brandon,

Try changing the field name 'handling_cart' to 'shipping' in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php.

I can't remember why the 'handling_cart' field was chosen instead of 'shipping' for the 'Itemized' shopping cart, whether this was something to do with the configuration of the PayPal account profile I'm not sure and can't test right now since my cable-modem service is on the blink.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Need some hep here.. whe I try and order something on my store with paypal it doesnt go thourhg, what I mean is there are 0 for 0 things in the PAypal ipn in the admin panel, it says Paypal pending whatever.. but I actually send money.. what could be wrong?

edit: Im using 2.2 and yes it does send back to my page after the order on paypal site.

Edited by perpetual-burn

Hi gregbaboolal,

i changed

$currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_left'].$this->key['mc_gross'] != $order->info['total']

To:

$currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_left'].$this->key['mc_gross'].$currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_right'] != $order->info['total']

but the test page still doesn't show my any information is just a blank php page.

also id did this change:

echo 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES'; or change include to require and see if php complains.
[CODE]  if ($action == 'test') {
   include_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/admin_test.php');
   exit;
 }

the only result i got when i put this sting into the paypal.php (echo 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES') is a blank page with 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES'.

i also change the Currency into US but i still have the same result.

i realy have no idea why this doesn't work ?

I figured out why the shipping charges show up as handling charges and why using the "shipping" tag doesn't work.

The "shipping" tag is charged on a per item basis (if enabled on your account), and the "handling_cart" is only charged once per cart.

Paypal should have a "shipping_cart" tag. (I tried using that tag, but it didn't take it)

I'm having a problem with the cart contents not emptying after I use paypal IPN. Now when I complete an order with any other payment option it does empty the contents out...just not with paypal.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Guys,

I recently installed Paypal Shopping Cart IPN and everything runs fine until i get to the checkout page, I select Paypal as chosen method of payment, confirmation page comes up, then when it wants to transfer to the Paypal page to pay for the item i get a message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: paypal_check_order_status() in /home/doublea/public_html/printing/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 103

Anyhelp?

Thanks guys

Hi,

I just installed the package and every thing seems to be working fine exept for the IPN part

I switched the ipn on at paypal and pointed it to the ipn.php

If i run the ipn test it looks fine and it will show up in the "PayPal IPN" list

but if i switch ot test and place a real order with paypal it dos not show up in the "Paypal IPN" List nor will the status change when the order is completed

any Ideers what i'm doing wrong?

I'm also curious if anybody has this working with CCGV...

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

I was unable to ever figure out how to get it to work with CCGV, so I had to switch to the other paypal contribution (PayPal IPN v0.98). I have both contributions running fine now.

I am running the latest IPN with CCGV 510b. Works perfectly. No problems using discount coupons, just be sure you set up IPN as aggregate, not itemized.

Has anyone tried using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN with the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution? I am having a little trouble merging that contribution's "checkout_progress" file with the IPN's split "checkout_progres" and "checkout_update" files. I'm a novice at PHP, so if the code is toooo different, I get lost.

Which CCGV are you using? I have Strider's CCGV 510b on my system with Greg's IPN 2.2 and they both integrate fine and work great.

First of all thanks gregbaboolal for your email it is working now

The only small problem that i still have is that on on most emails (not all of them)the Delivery Address and Billing Address are blank (just a , )

so i changed it to:

$sql_data_array = array('sendto' => $GLOBALS['sendto'],

'billto' => $GLOBALS['billto'],

This did not help so I had a look at the orders_session_info Table and most sendto and billto value's are set to 127 what is not correct

I had a look at the emails that worked and all emails that worked had a customer ID lower than 127 all customers with a ID higher than 127 there shipping and billing address are blank

Maybe this makes any sens to you

Rob

Posted this in the Installation Forum and no response. :(

Hoping this forum can provide some help, pretty please? :)

Beating my head against the wall on this one. Downloaded oscommerce, installed it with no problems. Took 2 months to create and add the items (200 web site templates). Was all excited, almost done and ready to go live! But then I tried to test it and can't check out in paypal (which is my only payment program).

Can add items to the cart just fine but no check out. Logged into paypal acct and made changes for payment notification.

Downloaded the paypal ipn module from this site, got the module installed. Still having same issues. Module seemed to install fine. Tried running test page for module and can't because can't even get near the paypal page. Soon as I click check-out I get "Page cannot be displayed error".

Help? Anyone?

Hello,

Cannot get this installed. After modifying all of the files when I click on the currencies, order status or languages links in my cp all of the pages return blank.

I think there is a problem with the database_tables file because when I restore it all of these links work fine.

Where in the script do I add this:

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
 require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/database_tables.php');
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

Thanks!

Mark

Posted this in the Installation Forum and no response. :(

Hoping this forum can provide some help, pretty please? :)

Beating my head against the wall on this one. Downloaded oscommerce, installed it with no problems. Took 2 months to create and add the items (200 web site templates). Was all excited, almost done and ready to go live! But then I tried to test it and can't check out in paypal (which is my only payment program).

Can add items to the cart just fine but no check out. Logged into paypal acct and made changes for payment notification.

Downloaded the paypal ipn module from this site, got the module installed. Still having same issues. Module seemed to install fine. Tried running test page for module and can't because can't even get near the paypal page. Soon as I click check-out I get "Page cannot be displayed error".

Help? Anyone?

Post a url

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I was unable to ever figure out how to get it to work with CCGV, so I had to switch to the other paypal contribution (PayPal IPN v0.98). I have both contributions running fine now.

Which CCGV are you using? I have Strider's CCGV 510b on my system with Greg's IPN 2.2 and they both integrate fine and work great.

Not everything went smoothly for me, I got alot of "cannot redefine" in there. checkout_process's CCGV parts were calling the same functions as the paypal 2.2 checkout_process were. If you rem out one, the other mod doesn't work. For me that is.

First off though, Thank you very much Greg and Strider for making these mods and then taking the time to help others with them. That is the true spirit and heart of OSC. It is because of people like you that make OSC cart loyalty the best. Don't even mention another cart on this forum or you'll get your head bitten off.

Tip of the hat, a hearty handshake and a heartfelt thank you goes out to you guys for this.

AnyHoo...

Here's what I had to do (<disclaimer>I'm also heavily modded with 55 contribs installed, I have no idea what the stock version of this looks like, so this may or may not work for some... </disclaimer>):

If you do this, backup, haven't you learned that by now?!?

catalog/checkout_process.php

look for:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
$order = new order;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

Change to:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
$order = new order;
// Noels mod to get this workin (CCGV and IPN)
if ($payment != 'paypal') 
{
require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules = new order_total;
$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();
} 
// End Noels mod to get this workin (CCGV and IPN)

That did it for me...

Hope this helps someone, I'm happy at least....

Noel

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...