• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

Anyone know why the orders and paypal tables would be updated with the correct PayPal IPN when running in test mode and using the IPN Test Panel, but do not get updating when running a live transaction through PayPal?

Many thanks,

Mike

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi -

Okay, upgraded to 2.2 and still have the same problems -- nothing is populated.

Ran some tests and got the same response as what i had posted earlier (with photos).

The tables that are paypal_ipn -- delete these?

Thanks,

Michael

Yet another unfortunate problem, but one I was waiting to address. I'm unable to send any emails via osCommerce. Again, no errors are being generated and I've posted for help in the General Forum - but the problem is so vague it's hard to begin troubleshooting.

So, no debug emails. But since PayPal does send email, I could go live without OSC emails working. Thanks.

MikeD

Yeah you can delete the paypal_ipn tables, but back them up first.

Sounds like there may of been a problem with the upgrade/new version install.

Does the db table 'orders_session_info' exist?

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

upgrade from which version?

Backup the db, remove the paypal_ipn tables, and if exists remove 'orders_session_info' db table. Look at the install docs of your previous version, it should list which files were created by that version. Remove them. Now install the current v2.2 contrib. Check your debug emails as this should help indetify any problems, if neccessary post here but mask any identifiable info.

Hi -

okay, some good news.

I got rid of the paypal_ipn tables and the orders_session_info tables.

The PayPal IPN section actually matched up with the test order I ran, which is good.

It's still not showing any of the info -- would it even be writing to the database then? I thought that most of the info was coming directly from PayPal.

screen1.gif

this is still what I see on the invoice page -- all pages with any PayPal pay has this on them.

I think the main concern is not only having something like the comments show, but especially the actual PayPal info (i.e. when it was paid and such).

Getting closer :)

Michael

Edited by kingsnake

I've tried the email test contribution, but it doesn't give any troubleshooting info - it just attempts to send via a couple of alternate methods so you can determine which methods are working. None work for me. Is there anything obvious I should look at that would cause a test transaction to work, yet the live would not?

Thanks,

Mike

Ok, Ive upgraded as per your instructions from 1.7 to 2.2, and yes now my IPN test correctly displays Mr. JohnDoe himself.

a couple things tho.

1- If you make a mistake with your order # in test ipn, when you look at the pending Paypal ipn order you will see what we had discussed earlier, and thats Error , does not exist.

2)-didnt matter if I put in the correct order # for any subsequent test after that. the test would fail. until I empty the iPN tables and restart, then the ipn test would work again.

also- In my debug email i get this error

------------------------------------------------------
Invalid PayPal Response
Connection Type
curl= 1, socket= , domain= www.paypal.com, port=  

PayPal Response
INVALID

would this be due to the fact I never completed this order officially? or is this an error that needs to be a addressed by the config setup in paypal site?

also:

1]If with a test order , without the official ipn confirm, my invoices say customer not contacted, yet I received an email

2]If i process the order through admin and make it from pending ipn to processed how come it didnt unlock the download? is this again because of only test mode?Is there a way to test that this works without an actual purchase?

Incidently, if i use check, money order etc, i can get my download link, but with this ipn contribution, I am not able to see that link at all, in ipn processing mode(to be expected)and or in processed mode(there is in my account -invoice a statement saying both ipn processing and the processed , but no link available.

Thanks for this contrib. It works great but orders in my paypal account don't show what item the payment is for.

Is their a way to get IPN to account for the actual item purchased (not just the money exchanged) on the Paypal side? It would be beneficial for me to get it to work this way due to the way I'm doing my accounting. I'm sure that this has already answered here so if someone could point me to what page of this thread has the solution I'll go there rather than having you retype it over again. Its just such a big thread! Thanks!

Edited by vintageland

Greg -

I had updated to 2.2 at least 3 times. I have uninstalled the payment module, deleted the tables, reinstalled everything, gone over the code, etc.

I have followed the instructions that you left on upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2.

The Test IPN does write to the database. It shows up, but nothing gets passed from PayPal. I checked for a debug email and there's nothing being sent.

Just in case, I tested the send email function from OS Commerece and it worked fine.

If it's writing to the paypal database, then isn't paypal accepting the payments? I'm not sure as to how it could write to it unless the information is being parsed from PayPal to the paypal database.

If it is coming from PayPal then why won't it send the emails or fill out the fields on the invoices?

Thanks,

Michael

Mike & Michael, can you confirm/check that you have your Primary PayPal and Business ID configured correctly since if they're not then live txns will not go through.

VintageLand, have you tried setting it to the Itemized Cart.

KingSnake, the lastest version (v2.2) will have a PayPal image in the admin orders section.

The IPN Test will only override the PayPal validation and Email config tests. The Cart Test is not.

What you could do is, temporarily disable the PayPal Auto-Return feature, make a test purchase but before clicking back from PayPal look in the admin section to see whether the IPN has arrived. Also in payment/paypal/ipn.php there is some code commented out that will write the post info to a local file in the root catalog directory called ipn.txt but this text file must exist if you want to write to that file and uncomment that code (there are two bits writing to the same file - just uncomment the first to see the posted info, the second writes the PayPal response, e.g valid or invalid.)

Viking, due to the way downloads are handled by default in osCommerce they're only available when the download info is available, i.e. filename etc and not order status, hence the download info is not committed to the downloads_table untill the payment is Completed, whereas trying to update the order status in the admin section does not go through and insert the download info (i.e. filename). Out of interest do you use a Download Controller?

The IPN Test will always return an invalid response from PayPal, but since you're in test mode it will go through and write to the database. A customer will not be notified untill a 'Completed' IPN payment status has been received.

Just upgraded to the latest version 2.2. I have the same problem that I had with the previous version - the order status is not updated and the stock is not changed after the purchase is made. I set the test cart mode to off like I did before however this time it did not solve the problem. No debug e-mails either.

hi guys

I just installed 2.2, and uponm reaching the checkout and confirm this order just prior to

xferring to paypal i get this erro....

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: paypal_check_order_status() in C:\websites\bps\htdocs\includes\modules\payment\paypal.php on line 103

anyone know where the function paypal_check_order_status() normally lives or why im getting this error

thanks in advance

kenny

Greg -

Thanks for the info. I had thought about the email address problem and contacted my client to double-check on that.

I just checked and the PayPal logo is showing up in the Admin/Orders/ section.

What I might do, once I hear back from the client on the Primary PayPal and Business username is do a live order and have her refund it.

Thanks for the help -

Michael

Kenny, did you perform the first edit in Step 3 regarding catalog/includes/application_top.php?

The function paypal_check_order_status() resides in catalog/includes/modules/payments/paypal/functions.php (which is mentioned just before where it is used in paypal.php where you got that error).

Edited by gregbaboolal

ok, I remember uploading the admin paypal graphic you state above in admin/orders. bU t i do not see mine, how and where does this show up?

Inresponse to my response, thank you, I will prolly do a real transaction to verify the download will work

hey greg,

yep i added it to application top ok

// begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/functions.php';

paypal_check_order_status();

// end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

just for for the heck of it added the include just before the function call again in paypal.php to read:

function before_process() {

global $paypal_order_id, $cart;

//function paypal_check_order_status is located in modules/payment/paypal/functions.php

//which was included in includes/application_top.php

require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/functions.php';

if (paypal_check_order_status()) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

include DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/checkout_process.php';

}

exit;

}

and now it works!?

i just tried a order thru paypal however no ipn data was recorded however the order was recorded ok in the admin area

thanks

kenny

Edited by theinternetfoundry

View the screenshot in the documentation to see.

That section of the admin/orders.php is included from catalog/includes/payment/paypal/admin_orders.php.

Where possible everything is in the catalog/includes/payment/paypal/ directory even when used/viewed in the admin.

You can test a download product by using the IPN Test Panel, just do an echeck payment, 'Pending' payment status and Pending Reason = echeck. Now check to see if the download is available (customer account history). Now do another IPN test (for the same txn_id) but this time just specify a 'Completed' payment_status for an echeck payment type.

Hello

I have installed everything in the 2.2 package of this contribution.

but when i try to pay using PayPal i get this error back from paypal

"Error Detected

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com."

I have updated the IPN function of my paypal profile but still get this error

can you help?

The site is www.koolaiduk.com if you would like to see for yourself what is happening

there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller
Check your configuration settings, if you only have one email address registered with PayPal then put that as both the Primary and Business ID.