• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

hi,

i am running osc2.2ms1 and i am installing this contribution but cannot seem to find this file

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

is that file only in ms2?

use /includes/application_top.php instead on earlier versions of osc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...major issue here, and I have no clue what's going on...but it's not fun!!!

Last night, a customer notified me that, when paying via PayPal and using a coupon, PayPal didn't include the discount. Everything else was working PERFECTLY. Ok, fine, I searched, found out that using Itemized cart prevents the discount from going through. Switched to Aggregate, discount went through on my test, I thought everything was ok.

What I didn't realize was that my order never came in to my admin!! I didn't have a clue until a customer placed an order this evening and I got a PayPal receipt, went to admin, and there was no order there!!

I've reverted all files to my backup copy (pre-working on the coupon issue)...nada. I removed the module, re-installed...nada. I cannot get any order paid via PayPal to come in to my orders table! The one my customer placed via PayPal came in to the IPN table, but I have no record of what she actually ordered.

For now, I have Itemized turned on so that I can at least see in the PayPal message what the customer ordered. But what the heck is going on????

Oh, and I'm running IPN 1.7...I downloaded 2.0 tonight, but I can't get the blooming thing to open, as it opens as paypalyadayadayada.tar.gz, and my ZIP tool laughs.

Amanda, new version of Winzip can handle .tar.gz

i hope version 2.0 takes care of the coupon issue as I just went live with version 2.0 tonight.... :blink:

can anybody else confirm if coupons work fine with version 2.0?

i hope version 2.0 takes care of the coupon issue as I just went live with version 2.0 tonight.... :blink:

I run the coupons with 2.0 also, Itemized does not show the discount, so I use aggregate.

Jeff, you might have to post the contents of the debug email, just blank out any identifying info to yourself or the customer, one thing to look for is the payment_status field.

Don't worry about auto-return in the admin section of the v2.0 contrib it is not need.

Here's the latest debugs for the "halfway successful" order:

EMAIL: DEBUG:

------------------------------------------------------

PayPal ORIGINAL POST

txn_type=web_accept

payment_date=14:48:31 Apr 05, 2004 PDT

last_name=Pirrexxx

item_name=Txxx.com

payment_gross=2.70

mc_currency=USD

[email protected]

payment_type=instant

payer_status=unverified

verify_sign=AhdXTMk2OYn-Je80QS-NCtWl6wFyARElDG7hRnj1w0uSzf8D0k2WnrcV

[email protected]

tax=0.00

txn_id=75X317447K275924D

[email protected]

first_name=Paul

quantity=1

payer_id=PRFGBSUBLMxxx

receiver_id=D38UXMTZYHxxx

item_number=Large 1/4-20 T-Nut

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=0.38

mc_fee=0.38

mc_gross=2.70

custom=20

notify_version=1.6

PayPal Reconstructed Post

cmd=_notify-validate

txn_type=web_accept

payment_date=14%3A48%3A31+Apr+05%2C+2004+PDT

last_name=Pirrexxx

item_name=T.com

payment_gross=2.70

mc_currency=USD

business=order%40t.com

payment_type=instant

payer_status=unverified

verify_sign=AhdXTMk2OYn-Je80QS-NCtWl6wFyARElDG7hRnj1w0uSzf8D0k2WnrcV

payer_email=n%40speakeasy.net

tax=0.00

txn_id=75X317447K275924D

receiver_email=snuff%40m.com

first_name=Paul

quantity=1

payer_id=PRFGBSUBLMxxx

receiver_id=D38UXMTZYHxxx

item_number=Large+1%2F4-20+T-Nut

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=0.38

mc_fee=0.38

mc_gross=2.70

custom=20

notify_version=1.6

--------------------

EMAIL: E & B ID

T.com

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]

Business ID: [email protected]

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]

Business ID: [email protected]

PayPal Transaction ID: 75X317447K275924D

-------------------

EMAIL: T.com Paypal IPN: Verified

Connection Type

curl= , socket= ssl://, domain= www.paypal.com, port= 443

PayPal Response

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:48:33 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Set-Cookie: cookie_check=yes; expires=Thu, 03-Apr-2014 21:48:33 GMT; path=/; domain=.paypal.com

Set-Cookie: Apache=216.86.199.xxx.176611081201713791; path=/; expires=Wed, 29-Mar-34 21:48:33 GMT

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252

VERIFIED

-----------------------------

Now, I did change the primary email setting to be snuff@ AFTER this set of debugs, and have not yet had customer RETEST for me. I don't know if that is the factor or not. I'll try it that way.

Also, is it recommended to turn off Auto Return in the Admin, or in the paypal preferences, or both? What are the best known settings?

--Jeff

i hope version 2.0 takes care of the coupon issue as I just went live with version 2.0 tonight....  :blink:

I run the coupons with 2.0 also, Itemized does not show the discount, so I use aggregate.

Ok, but even if we use itemize and it doesn't show the coupon, is the total correct????

B)

i hope version 2.0 takes care of the coupon issue as I just went live with version 2.0 tonight....? :blink:

Ok, but even if we use itemize and it doesn't show the coupon, is the total correct????

B)

I can't verify that it is or not, all I know is that the time my helper customer payed with paypal in itemized, the debugs and the order showed total $3 while he said paypal was trying to charge him $7.08 ($3 after coupon, $7.08 w/o coupon). He never "completed" the paypal transaction because of the difference, so I don't know how final processing would turn out. I could go to itemized and have him try again. It's only a refund. Not like I haven't given him 5 refunds already!

I have been in battle with the IPN postings, so the coupon issue is lower on my priority list, plus itemization in paypal isn't as big a deal for me, as long as paypal shows the correct TOTAL and customer info. I think that Greg's IPN mod and Strider's CCGV mod are both awesome. If the mods get to a stage where they work together perfectly, we'll have some pretty sweet setups!

I just wish I knew more about php and stuff so I could help more. I do what I can with what I know.

--Jeff

An itemized Cart will not work with gift vouchers since it is PayPal who calculates the total, this said because I assume the GC is offset against the carts total price, whereas currently when uploading the Itemized cart, each products price (and tax) is specified individually from which PayPal calculates the total price.

Actually PayPal does not recommended using the Itemized cart since osCommerce has this information already.

Jeff, your customer must be a saint. Did you try with the correct email configuration settings as suggested in this post?

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Hi

As anyone got this working with the download contribution???

This works fine for me apart from the download button does not show when returning back to my site from paypal...

I dont have this problem with 2checkout and worldpay

Hope someone can help B)

Cheers Malc

Jeff, your customer must be a saint. Did you try with the correct email configuration settings as suggested in this post?

Greg, Saint is a good description. He is awesome for helping me out. He gets some free stuff in exchange for his willingness, it's the least I could do.

Now, to report back on the problem:

FIXED!

It WAS that email address! I did have to match the paypal primary to the admin email, with the business email being the optional "non-primary" address.

Now, ALL debugs arrive with correct info, IPN INSERTED arrives, Order Process arrives, the order changes from "Pending Payment" to "Pending" all at once by itself, the admin:paypal IPN shows the order, and the fields in the order are populated.

Can I rest now?

Greg, you Rock, Dude!

Thanks for your help and letting me figure out for myself :rolleyes: that you were right the whole time.

--Jeff

Greg, Saint is a good description. He is awesome for helping me out. He gets some free stuff in exchange for his willingness, it's the least I could do.

Now, to report back on the problem:

FIXED!

It WAS that email address! I did have to match the paypal primary to the admin email, with the business email being the optional "non-primary" address.

Now, ALL debugs arrive with correct info, IPN INSERTED arrives, Order Process arrives, the order changes from "Pending Payment" to "Pending" all at once by itself, the admin:paypal IPN shows the order, and the fields in the order are populated.

Can I rest now?

Greg, you Rock, Dude!

Thanks for your help and letting me figure out for myself :rolleyes: that you were right the whole time.

--Jeff

Hello Greg,

I know you're working hard on the contribution, thank you for all your work. I was having an issue with an older version of IPN (1.0), where it won't clear the cart upon returning to the site. Any quick thoughts on how to reset the cart upon returning to the site? I know you can't support all your versions, but other than that it works fine.

Also, I tried to download the new (2.0) version, and the .tar file seems to be corrupted. V.1.7 seems to be fine, though.

Thank you,

Chris S.

APPENDED:

I also had one other question. In the current store I am working on, there is only one of each item. Upon returning to the site, I was to change a partiular variable in a table for each item purchased. I know that ipn.php is run each time an IPN goes through, but where is the right place to put my own script within the IPN script?

Thanks again,

Chris S.

Downloads, should now only be available once a 'Completed' IPN payment_status has been received.

If your using 1.X it should be easy to upgrade to 1.7, the checkout_process is in catalog/ipn.php for that version. Although v2.0 will give more reliable results if you're intending to use the Auto-Return feature.

Someone mentioned earlier that WinZip now supports '.gz' archives.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Hi

I just installed paypal IPN and when i send the test i get this

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

delete from customers_basket where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

how do i fix this?

thanks in advance.

Hi

Downloads, should now only be available once a 'Completed' IPN payment_status has been received.

Thats the problem the download works with my other payment gateways but not IPN

If your using 1.X it should be easy to upgrade to 1.7,

I am using this version

the checkout_process is in catalog/ipn.php

I can you p-lease explain...is there something I can change here??

Thanks for your help

Cheers Malc

Would someone explain to me how to test this contribution? I've gone through this thread and have seen several references to testing but they all say something like "Use the ipn_test.html file in the samples file to post to the ipn.php file." I have no idea what this means. Are there instructions somewhere that run through a test procedure?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Greg,

Thank you very much for the response, WinZip worked well, and I have v.2.0 installed in the new store I'm working on.

I was wondering, there is a custom script I would like to run when the payment is complete, I guess when the ipn.php runs and the payment is successful. Where would be the right place to put this script, so that it only runs upon successful payment?

Thank you, you're doing a great job!

Chris S.

This can be addressed reliably by the module.

IPN includes two email fields:

"receiver_email" which is the Primary email in the PayPal account.

"business" which is an echo of the "business" field used in the PayPal button.

In this situation, it is best to match "ipn.business" to "button.business".

Patrick Breitenbach

Has anyone gotten this error on their admin/orders.php page? or know of a fix?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxxxx/admin/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /xxxxx/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Line 22 on general.php shows header('Location: ' . $url);

Talon177, look for spaces at the end of the file named in the errors. Some file managers and some text editors will leave spaces at the end and Osc (among other PHP based proggies) doesnt like it.

:)

Now for my question ....

Greg?

I have installed this and it appears to be working fine. Thanks for the contribution and I will make sure that I send a little extra your way.

When my customer chooses to pay via Check or Money order, the resluting order confirmation email looks clean and tidy.

When they choose paypal however there are a number of lines written to the order confirmation that read like the following:

Return-path: <[email protected]>

Envelope-to: [email protected]

Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:03:44 -0400

Received: from [207.99.10.2] (helo=somedomain.com)

by somedomain.com with esmtp (TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168)

(Exim 4.24)

id 1BBAqO-0006II-4W

for [email protected]; Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:03:44 -0400

Received: from someone by somedomain.com with local (Exim 4.24)

id 1BBAqO-0007r3-1n

for [email protected]; Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:03:44 +0000

To: " " <[email protected]>

Subject: Order Process

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:03:44 +0000

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - somedomain.com

X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - somedomain.com

X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [32222 32222] / [47 12]

X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - somedomain.com

My customers do not need to see this!

So, what do I do to get this sensitive information out of that email?

Thanks!

Deborah

I recently installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN and I thought it was working perfectly until I noticed that it is not passing the tax value nor the Discount Coupon value from my shopping cart. The discount coupon comes from this contribution:

Credit Class & Gift Voucher

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...discount+coupon

Here is the information from the checkout_confirmation.php page:

Sub-Total: $249.00

Utah Tax - 6.25%: $15.56

Discount Coupons:BC: -$62.25

Consultant Kit Flat Rate (Consultant Kit): $35.00

Total: $237.31

All of this output is correct. When it goes to paypal however you only see the subtotal and the shipping rate. $249.00 and $35.00

Any ideas????

THANKS!

Sorry, I read through page 50 or so of this string and did not make it to the 70s where it mentions putting the IPN module in aggregate mode to fix this issue.

All is well.

Thanks....