The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little question:

If payment is success, in Adminmen? I have seen, that the Status of this Order is set from "Pending Payment (Database = 3)" to "Waiting (Database = 1)".

But the customer can't download the article, because Status must be "Deallocation (Database = 4)".

What can I do ???

Regards from Germany...

Here is a small change to the posted code for catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/checkout_process.php

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

Should be replaced with

// close session (store variables)
tep_session_close();

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
? $time_start = explode(' ', PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME);
? $time_end = explode(' ', microtime());
? $parse_time = number_format(($time_end[1] + $time_end[0] - ($time_start[1] + $time_start[0])), 3);
? error_log(strftime(STORE_PARSE_DATE_TIME_FORMAT) . ' - ' . getenv('REQUEST_URI') . ' (' . $parse_time . 's)' . "\n", 3, STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME_LOG);

? if (DISPLAY_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
? ? echo '<span class="smallText">Parse Time: ' . $parse_time . 's</span>';
? }
}

if ( (GZIP_COMPRESSION == 'true') && ($ext_zlib_loaded == true) && ($ini_zlib_output_compression < 1) ) {
? if ( (PHP_VERSION < '4.0.4') && (PHP_VERSION >= '4') ) {
? ? tep_gzip_output(GZIP_LEVEL);
? }
}

Just taken the php tags out :lol:

Thanks to Greg

and Thomas67 for the eBeer.

Edited by Kraven_UK

Hi there,

Mark, smart thinking, actually there little mistake on my behalf, because process.tpl.php has application_bottom.php at the bottom of that file too, and because it is included just before the application_bottom.php in paypal/checkout_process.php means it is being called twice. I would remove the application_bottom.php from paypal/checkout_process.php and let the application_bottom.php in process.tpl.php handle (remember the tags though) especially since application_bottom.php has:

if (DISPLAY_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
   echo '<span class="smallText">Parse Time: ' . $parse_time . 's</span>';
 }

Which should only displayed if there is any html output, which is what process.tpl.php is for.

Thomas are you using a Downloader Contrib, what happens or rather what has been assumed by the paypal contrib is that one the payment has been made is that it's status is then updated to the store's default status which I think in your case is 'waiting'. Uhmm, if this is the case some extra stuff will need to happen, I think it easiest if there is another status select option in the admin->payment-paypal config so that you specify what the Download Status should be be.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Yep, that did it.

I took out all references to application_bottom.php from paypal/checkout_process.php

I then replaced the

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

in paypal/process.tpl.php with

<?php
// close session (store variables)
tep_session_close();

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
  $time_start = explode(' ', PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME);
  $time_end = explode(' ', microtime());
  $parse_time = number_format(($time_end[1] + $time_end[0] - ($time_start[1] + $time_start[0])), 3);
  error_log(strftime(STORE_PARSE_DATE_TIME_FORMAT) . ' - ' . getenv('REQUEST_URI') . ' (' . $parse_time . 's)' . "\n", 3, STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME_LOG);

if (DISPLAY_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
    echo '<span class="smallText">Parse Time: ' . $parse_time . 's</span>';
  }
}

if ( (GZIP_COMPRESSION == 'true') && ($ext_zlib_loaded == true) && ($ini_zlib_output_compression < 1) ) {
  if ( (PHP_VERSION < '4.0.4') && (PHP_VERSION >= '4') ) {
    tep_gzip_output(GZIP_LEVEL);
  }
}
?>

Greg,

Thanks for the info on ipn.html testing a couple pages back. Installed into /catalog/ and it tests good, only still nothing shows up in orders.

Debug emails arrive; Order Process emails arrive, showing a link to the order placed (which does not exist when logging in to the cart).

Also: (SQL)

paypal_ipn --shows content

paypal_ipn_orders --shows content

orders_status_history --shows content w/ the orders_id# I used (happens to be 15)

orders_total --does not show the #15 order_id

orders_session_info --empty

Admin:

paypal IPN in test mode

debug at 2

emails are correct

all other settings per your docs (auto return ON, IPN on + blank URL).

Just wondering, does test mode post the order into the cart, or is no order in test mode normal? :blink:

Sure would like to figure this one out. If any more info is needed, please advise.

(2.0 version)

--Jeff

Edited by snuff

Hi Jeff,

When you say the order is not in the cart, do you mean cart or Account History, it won't be in the cart but in the account history.

Sounds like things went ok, not sure why you would a problem in live, mode, what are your email config settings? is your Primary PayPal email address the same as your Business ID, how many email accounts have you configured in your PayPal account profile? There is a debig email that lets you know the configuration settings. each one should match each corresponding field.

You somewhat do need to find a way to make a live test.

Hi Greg,

First off, thanks for a great contrib...you also did an excellent job on the documentation which is a relief.

So I am trying to do a test transaction and using the tip you posted above using the ipn.html file. Good thing I did this as I found a problem with the contrib. Probably specific to me but might be useful for others.

I am running a version of osc that does not use the filenames.php or database_tables.php files. This data is found in my application_top.php file. Anyways, when I tried to run the ipn.html file, it obviously created and error because of the two lines in the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/application_top.php call the filenames.php and database_tables.php.

My first reaction was the comment those out and simply require MY version of application_top.php located in my includes folder. That obviously caused a bunch of errors of redeclaring functions so I went ahead and commented out all the statements in YOUR application_top.php file.

then I hit a snag in your code where set_language is not a function I have with my version of osc.

I know there is probably an easier way. Can you recommend an easy way to scale back that file and make it compatible with my version? Also, I only use one language on my store so do I really need all the code for language? this might make it really easy for me.

can you think of other parts of your code that will die because of the version of osc I am using?

Hi Rodney

In the contrib application_top.php change

$lng = new language();
$lng->set_language($language);

To

$lng = new language($language);

I can't be sure about other issues untill an error msg pops up.

Hi Rodney

In the contrib application_top.php change

$lng = new language();
$lng->set_language($language);

To

$lng = new language($language);

I can't be sure about other issues untill an error msg pops up.

no dice...well progress but another related error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: language

Do we need all the language code? If it's constant can't I just take care of this section that way?

ok...well I hacked it enough to get through.... I just received 4 emails...

1- Debug info

2- paypal response: invalid

3- transaction ID

4- IPN 1 inserted.....

I might've missed this earlier in the thread but does this mean it worked? Everything looks like it worked....except the paypal response which I assume is because I am either in TEST mode or because I never completed the transaction (paid myself)?

ok, something I just noticed, now it changed that order (#368) to a different status....and not the one I want.... where is this setting? not in the admin is it?

pretty slick if this works....

Hi Jeff,

When you say the order is not in the cart, do you mean cart or Account History, it won't be in the cart but in the account history.

Sounds like things went ok, not sure why you would a problem in live, mode, what are your email config settings? is your Primary PayPal email address the same as your Business ID, how many email accounts have you configured in your PayPal account profile? There is a debig email that lets you know the configuration settings. each one should match each corresponding field.

You somewhat do need to find a way to make a live test.

I suppose clarification is better than second guessing...

Cart, meaning anywhere in admin of osC. Since the ipn.html I ran didn't reference a "user account" it didn't post a purchase back into any "user's cart" or account. It does show up in order_status_history but nowhere else, and since It didn't originate from a user account I can't go look into that user's history.

I did originally try "live" settings with a customer who was willing to help by repeat "purchase/refund" cycles. I guess I'll have to resume that. However, up until now, I got debugs and paypal IPN emails, but nothing showed up in his orders, history, anywhere, and nothing showed up in admin: paypal IPN, orders, etc. It's like it never posted back to my osC from paypal.

Emails: I do have 3 or so emails tied to the account. It is not (yet) a "business" account. Does this matter? The primary email (snuff@) is not the same as the working email (order@). The settings in modules:payment:paypal are order@ for all 3, and I do successfully get debugs (this order: debug, Order Process, Email and Business ID config, Invalid, IPN INSERTED). All debug emails show the working (order@) email.

I'll resume once again with live testing, will post back any problems or successes.

Also, real quick, is it recommended to edit for the the application_bottom/checkout_process issue mentioned just back a bit?

TIA--

--Jeff

Rodney, once a 'Completed' IPN has been received it is then updated to the store's default order status, seems like this now needs to be revised, i.e. in the paypal config, there should be another slect option for you to choose what status it should go to, but then might need to be another if that product is a Download; I didn't want to hard code an order Status for the initial 'Pending Payment'. You would get an invalid response becasue your in test mode. Otherwise you seem ok.

Jeff, login as a customer start checking out and confirm the order and get transferred to the PayPal site, now open up another browser and go to your store, look at your account history, that order that you just initiated will show in your account history as pending payment, likewise so too in the admin. Now open another browser and enter the order# into the ipn.html test file and submit the form, this should now update the order from 'Pending Payment' to whatever your default status is. In admin->payment->paypal your Primarty Email address should be (snuff@) and your business ID should be (order@), your PayPal account should be a premier or business account both will work, this is why I suspect you have had problems in the live mode, you need to look back and check those Email config emails, this is how I suspect they should look:

STORE_NAME

Primary PayPal Email Address: snuff@

Business ID: order@

------------------------------------------------------

Primary PayPal Email Address: snuff@

Business ID: order@

Underneath the above line is what PayPal says your settings are, above the line is what you have configured in the admin.

helohelo, no sorry.

Hi Greg,

I'm having real problems getting this working. I'm using a modified 2.2MS2 installation with Paypal IPN 2.0. IPN is enabled at paypal as is autoreturn.

The user can checkout no problem. They are auto-returned to my site correctly and the checkout_success.php page shows the correct details for their order.

However, the order remains in state 'Pending Payment'. The only emails I receive are one from the buyer (via paypal) to say the payment was made. I also receive 3 or so identical debug emails like this

PayPal ORIGINAL POST
txn_type=cart
payment_date=03:42:22 Apr 05, 2004 PDT
last_name=Spibey
payment_gross=
mc_currency=GBP
[email protected]
payment_type=instant
num_cart_items=1
payer_status=verified
verify_sign=AsXE9E09mkfnZJv1zekutIasjwXLAK91ajMMbzg-q68z6yZeAICkF8Bi
[email protected]
tax=0.00
txn_id=89U5897588871734S
first_name=James
[email protected]
payer_id=EERK6KN4JY6FY
receiver_id=UJ2NKM8MRJRBE
payment_status=Completed
payment_fee=
mc_fee=0.01
mc_gross=0.01
item_name1=Red XXL
custom=11
item_number1=
notify_version=1.6
quantity1=1
tax1=0.00

PayPal Reconstructed Post
cmd=_notify-validate
txn_type=cart
payment_date=03%3A42%3A22+Apr+05%2C+2004+PDT
last_name=Spibey
payment_gross=
mc_currency=GBP
business=paypal%40xxx.co.uk
payment_type=instant
num_cart_items=1
payer_status=verified
verify_sign=AsXE9E09mkfnZJv1zekutIasjwXLAK91ajMMbzg-q68z6yZeAICkF8Bi
payer_email=xxxxxx%40hotmail.com
tax=0.00
txn_id=89U5897588871734S
first_name=James
receiver_email=paypal%40xxxx.co.uk
payer_id=EERK6KN4JY6FY
receiver_id=UJ2NKM8MRJRBE
payment_status=Completed
payment_fee=
mc_fee=0.01
mc_gross=0.01
item_name1=Red+XXL
custom=11
item_number1=
notify_version=1.6
quantity1=1
tax1=0.00

I also sometimes receive an email which says

An unknown POST from 64.4.241.140 was received.
Are you running any tests?

Do you any suggestions for what could be wrong?

James, try this post and see what happens, if your checkout_process.php hs been modifie then these modifications will also have to occur in paypal/checkout_process.php and paypal/checkout_update.php where appropiate.

The unkown post is when someone posts or trys to access the catalog/ipn.php script which generally due to a none related PayPal post and should not really occur especially in live mode, I wouldn't worry for now.

Maybe post your catalog/checkout_process.php script here and we might be able to spot something.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for this Wonderful Contribution. Great Work.

I have this problem...

After adding items to the shopping cart and clicking check out, a new window pops up which also lead to the paypal page. 2 dublicated orders than appear in the orders report.

Can you tell me how to stop a new window from poping up.

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

As far as I can see, the only difference between the stock checkout_process.php and mine is that I have modified it to add a second address line. I made the appropriate changes in the paypal/* pages.

I also tried the test you suggested. When I tried it I got a 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' error. I'm not convinced that the information I entered into the form was correct. Here's the debug email for it

PayPal ORIGINAL POST
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
custom=12
txn_type=cart
txn_id=0FR37403YM0784849
payment_type=instant
pending_reason=echeck
mc_currency=USD
mc_gross=0.01
mc_fee=0.01
payment_gross=0.01
payment_fee=0.01
payment_status=Completed
num_cart_items=1
item_name=Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100Xi
item_number=HPLJ1100XI
quantity=1
tax=0.00
payer_id=
payment_date=13:13:57 Dec 29, 2003 PST
first_name=
last_name=
address_owner=1
payer_status=unverified
address_name=
address_status=confirmed
address_street=
address_zip=
address_city=
address_state=
address_country=US
payer_email=
memo=
verify_sign=AW8SkcPa3mwZiYJL0zQRQs-RtU1tAqvna2-iADXH6fjFpqQeug0YK3tD
ebay_address_id=
notify_version=1.5
submit=submit transaction

Obviously something is wrong with the ipn.php file. Any clues on how to debug it?

My checkout_process.php follows

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_process.php,v 1.128 2003/05/28 18:00:29 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

include('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
 }

if ( (tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED)) && (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) ) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
}

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID
 if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {
   if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
   }
 }

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS);

// load selected payment module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment($payment);

// load the selected shipping module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
 $shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

// load the before_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $customer_id,
                         'customers_name' => $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'],
                         'customers_company' => $order->customer['company'],
                         'customers_street_address' => $order->customer['street_address'],
                         // Second Address Field mod:
                         'customers_street_address_2' => $order->customer['street_address_2'],
                         // :Second Address Field mod
                         'customers_suburb' => $order->customer['suburb'],
                         'customers_city' => $order->customer['city'],
                         'customers_postcode' => $order->customer['postcode'], 
                         'customers_state' => $order->customer['state'], 
                         'customers_country' => $order->customer['country']['title'], 
                         'customers_telephone' => $order->customer['telephone'], 
                         'customers_email_address' => $order->customer['email_address'],
                         'customers_address_format_id' => $order->customer['format_id'], 
                         'delivery_name' => $order->delivery['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->delivery['lastname'], 
                         'delivery_company' => $order->delivery['company'],
                         'delivery_street_address' => $order->delivery['street_address'], 
                         'delivery_street_address_2' => $order->delivery['street_address_2'], 
                         'delivery_suburb' => $order->delivery['suburb'], 
                         'delivery_city' => $order->delivery['city'], 
                         'delivery_postcode' => $order->delivery['postcode'], 
                         'delivery_state' => $order->delivery['state'], 
                         'delivery_country' => $order->delivery['country']['title'], 
                         'delivery_address_format_id' => $order->delivery['format_id'], 
                         'billing_name' => $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'], 
                         'billing_company' => $order->billing['company'],
                         'billing_street_address' => $order->billing['street_address'], 
                         'billing_street_address_2' => $order->billing['street_address_2'], 
                         'billing_suburb' => $order->billing['suburb'], 
                         'billing_city' => $order->billing['city'], 
                         'billing_postcode' => $order->billing['postcode'], 
                         'billing_state' => $order->billing['state'], 
                         'billing_country' => $order->billing['country']['title'], 
                         'billing_address_format_id' => $order->billing['format_id'], 
                         'payment_method' => $order->info['payment_method'], 
                         'cc_type' => $order->info['cc_type'], 
                         'cc_owner' => $order->info['cc_owner'], 
                         'cc_number' => $order->info['cc_number'], 
                         'cc_expires' => $order->info['cc_expires'], 
                         'date_purchased' => 'now()', 
                         'orders_status' => $order->info['order_status'], 
                         'currency' => $order->info['currency'], 
                         'currency_value' => $order->info['currency_value']);
 tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $sql_data_array);
 $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
   $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,
                           'title' => $order_totals[$i]['title'],
                           'text' => $order_totals[$i]['text'],
                           'value' => $order_totals[$i]['value'], 
                           'class' => $order_totals[$i]['code'], 
                           'sort_order' => $order_totals[$i]['sort_order']);
   tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL, $sql_data_array);
 }

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';
                         'orders_status_id' => $order->info['order_status'], 
                         'date_added' => 'now()', 
                         'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,
                         'comments' => $order->info['comments']);
 tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

// initialized for the email confirmation
 $products_ordered = '';
 $subtotal = 0;
 $total_tax = 0;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
// Stock Update - Joao Correia
   if (STOCK_LIMITED == 'true') {
     if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
       $stock_query_raw = "SELECT products_quantity, pad.products_attributes_filename 
                           FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
                           LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa
                            ON p.products_id=pa.products_id
                           LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad
                            ON pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id
                           WHERE p.products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'";
// Will work with only one option for downloadable products
// otherwise, we have to build the query dynamically with a loop
       $products_attributes = $order->products[$i]['attributes'];
       if (is_array($products_attributes)) {
         $stock_query_raw .= " AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_attributes[0]['option_id'] . "' AND pa.options_values_id = '" . $products_attributes[0]['value_id'] . "'";
       }
       $stock_query = tep_db_query($stock_query_raw);
     } else {
       $stock_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
     }
     if (tep_db_num_rows($stock_query) > 0) {
       $stock_values = tep_db_fetch_array($stock_query);
// do not decrement quantities if products_attributes_filename exists
       if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED != 'true') || (!$stock_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {
         $stock_left = $stock_values['products_quantity'] - $order->products[$i]['qty'];
       } else {
         $stock_left = $stock_values['products_quantity'];
       }
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = '" . $stock_left . "' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
       if ( ($stock_left < 1) && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'false') ) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = '0' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
       }
     }
   }

// Update products_ordered (for bestsellers list)
   tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_ordered = products_ordered + " . sprintf('%d', $order->products[$i]['qty']) . " where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

'products_id' => tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']), 
                           'products_model' => $order->products[$i]['model'], 
                           'products_name' => $order->products[$i]['name'], 
                           'products_price' => $order->products[$i]['price'], 
                           'final_price' => $order->products[$i]['final_price'], 
                           'products_tax' => $order->products[$i]['tax'], 
                           'products_quantity' => $order->products[$i]['qty']);
   tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);
   $order_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

//------insert customer choosen option to order--------
   $attributes_exist = '0';
   $products_ordered_attributes = '';
   if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) {
     $attributes_exist = '1';
     for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
       if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
         $attributes_query = "select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pad.products_attributes_maxdays, pad.products_attributes_maxcount , pad.products_attributes_filename 
                              from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa 
                              left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad
                               on pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id
                              where pa.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' 
                               and pa.options_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option_id'] . "' 
                               and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id 
                               and pa.options_values_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value_id'] . "' 
                               and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id 
                               and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' 
                               and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'";
         $attributes = tep_db_query($attributes_query);
       } else {
         $attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa where pa.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
       }
       $attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);

'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id, 
                               'products_options' => $attributes_values['products_options_name'],
                               'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'], 
                               'options_values_price' => $attributes_values['options_values_price'], 
                               'price_prefix' => $attributes_values['price_prefix']);
       tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, $sql_data_array);

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) && tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {
                                 'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id, 
                                 'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'], 
                                 'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'], 
                                 'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);
         tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);
       }
       $products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];
     }
   }
//------insert customer choosen option eof ----
   $total_weight += ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['weight']);
   $total_tax += tep_calculate_tax($total_products_price, $products_tax) * $order->products[$i]['qty'];
   $total_cost += $total_products_price;

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";
 }

// lets start with the email confirmation
 $email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
                EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .
                EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
                EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";
 if ($order->info['comments']) {
   $email_order .= tep_db_output($order->info['comments']) . "\n\n";
 }
 $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" . 
                 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                 $products_ordered . 
                 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
   $email_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
 }

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {
   $email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" . 
                   EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                   tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";
 }

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                 tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n\n";
 if (is_object($$payment)) {
   $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" . 
                   EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
   $payment_class = $$payment;
   $email_order .= $payment_class->title . "\n\n";
   if ($payment_class->email_footer) { 
     $email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";
   }
 }
 tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// send emails to other people
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
   tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

// load the after_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->after_process();

$cart->reset(true);

// unregister session variables used during checkout
 tep_session_unregister('sendto');
 tep_session_unregister('billto');
 tep_session_unregister('shipping');
 tep_session_unregister('payment');
 tep_session_unregister('comments');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Upon further inspection, it looks like the ipn->authenticate() method is causing the problems.

I wrote a simple page with only the curl code in it and that didn't work either. The code for that is below.

$paypal_response = '';
$_response_string = 'cmd=_notify-validate';
$ch = @curl_init();
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr");
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $_response_string);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 60);
$paypal_response = @curl_exec($ch);
@curl_close($ch);
echo $paypal_response;

My curl info from phpinfo()

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b zlib/1.1.4

Rodney, once a 'Completed' IPN has been received it is then updated to the store's default order status, seems like this now needs to be revised, i.e. in the paypal config, there should be another slect option for you to choose what status it should go to, but then might need to be another if that product is a Download; I didn't want to hard code an order Status for the initial 'Pending Payment'. You would get an invalid response becasue your in test mode. Otherwise you seem ok.

Awesome!

Here's what I do with the order status. When I receive an order, it either gets a staus of "Order received by CC" or "Order received by Paypal". I do this for many reasons. Once I verify the payment is valid, I place the order with a warehouse. At that point I change the status to "Order processed. Waiting for Shipping" regardless of the type of payment. Then once again, once an order ships, I change the status to "Order Shipped".

With the contrib right now, when the order is received, I see it under "Order received by Paypal". Once it processes, it goes to "Order Received by Credit Card" which is not correct.

I guess I could live with it but might try to hack the code to correct this before i go live!

Great Contrib...now switching from test mode to live mode! :)

To create another order status specifically for paypal in modules/payment/paypal.php in the install function add:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Updated Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_UPDATE_ID', '0', 'Set the updated status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '21', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");

Now in function keys add:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_UPDATE_ID,

Just after 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID,' (note the commas).

Now in modules/payment/paypal/checkout_update.php replace 'DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID' with 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_UPDATE_ID' (there are 2 instances)

I haven't tested it but thats roughly what needs to be done, uninstall the paypal module in the admin and reinstall should now see this extra order status field that will be assigned when the order status is Updated.

spib, that curl stuff works, it should return 'INVALID', in either case the way the script is designed is that if it doesn't work it will then try a socket connect, and if that don't work it will try fopen, note there is an error in the one for httpS those 2 lines should be:

$fp = @fopen('https://'.$domain.'/cgi-bin/webscr?'.$this->_response_string);
$paypal_response = @fgets($fp, 1024); @fclose($fp);

here the '@' suppresses any errors so it will cascade through untill the it finally attempts 'http'