• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

Hi there,

If this has been asked before please let me know and I'll go back and read the *gulp* 55 pages.

I've installed the contribution without many problems and I thought it was working but for some reason when a customer orders something (or when I test) I receive the payment with the cart contents in the transaction details.

BUT

Although there is an order generated there is NO DETAILS. Zero dollar amount, no product details, no customer address or anything. This is also duplicated in the confirmation email that I recieve.

I also get a mail delivery error for the customer who the confirmation should go:

message that you sent contained one or more recipient addresses that were

incorrectly constructed:

" " <>: missing or malformed local part

This address has been ignored. There were no other addresses in your

message, and so no attempt at delivery was possible.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

Received: from nobody by server6.anonymousnetworks.com with local (Exim 4.24)

id 1B30BT-0005Ok-DU; Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:03:43 -0800

To: " " <>

Subject: Order Process

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

X-rewrote-sender: [email protected]

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:03:43 -0800

Tale Spinners

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 28

Detailed Invoice: http://www.talespinners.ca/account_history...php?order_id=28

Date Ordered: Monday 15 March, 2004

Products

Sub-Total: $0.00

Total: $0.00

Delivery Address

Billing Address

Note that there is no order details in the email as I stated above.

This is the only paypal add-on I've installed. If there's anyother info you need to help me with this please let me know.

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get correct IPN details in the backend osCommerce Admin side under the 'IPN' title on the left hand column?

I had a similar problem to that, which I had to solve by changing session information in the Configuration, and turning cookies off (or something, I'm not 100% sure)

On the Paypal IPN screen I see the list of transactions with the correct dollar amount but when I open the transaction all the details are absent.

I'll mess around with the sessions/cookies and see if that helps. Thanks for the reply

Veral,

Hold off on this for a few days. I'm working with Greg on a new version. If Greg approves of the approach for the new version, the locations required for change will be more obvious. Stay tuned....

Thanks guys,

I'll stall =)

Np Ron. Glad I could help.

Done everything I'm supposed to do installing IPN into shop. Never used older IPN contribs, latest version of OsC, on Apache on a Linux.

No errors or anything but, in admin when I reinstalled Paypal module, the "extra" form fields are not there. Seems to be no difference. Paypal checkout has changed at Paypal because items now show the store name at Paypal instead of item names like I had it before, so I know the files are changed.

Where should I start looking?

Getting payments through continue button on paypal now. The install paypal module edit section is still like the old one.

I made sure that /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php was correct, and it is. The install() function has all the new fields. Why is it not in my admin on the site.??!!

Getting payments through continue button on paypal now. The install paypal module edit section is still like the old one.

I made sure that /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php was correct, and it is. The install() function has all the new fields. Why is it not in my admin on the site.??!!

Just installed (or tried to) this contribution tonight and when I go to Admin/Modules, this is what it says:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /home2/sitename/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 14

Anybody have an idea for me to try?

Hallo together... now I think I need somebody helping me.

I've installed the contribution. Fine :)

I wantened to test - (with a testorder about 1 cent) but you can't send money to your own account. But thats not realy my problem. I will try to describe my problem:

1. Customer fills the basket

2. Cutomer creates an account in osc

3. Customer goes through the process

3.1 checkout_shipping.php

3.2 checkout_payment.php

3.3 checkout_confirmation.php

4. Now he makes his payment with PayPal and I recaived a mail from paypal with the payment informations

5. NOW the problems starts

The customer is returnd to the shop on the site and get's the error that he don't made the cross for accepting the Shoproules (AGB).

But that is not the only problem.

The customer gets no mail

I have no order (the bascet from the customer is still full with the products) because he wwill not redirect to the success site.

Also the paypal tabels are not filled in the database.

Can somebody help me (would be good if there is somebody speeking german !!)

Perhaps I can make a call if i get the telefonnumber as personal message.

Thanks Matthias

Anyone else had this happen? I've searched through this humungous thread, and although I've found a similar question from the beginning of March, I couldn't find an answer.

osC 2.2ms2, Paypal_Shopping_Cart_IPN v1.7 installed (upgraded today from 1.5 which was never fully tested).

Itemized cart=ON

Autoreturn=2

IPN enabled on the Paypal account, URL set to NONE

Autoreturn enabled on the Paypal account, URL set to mydomain.com/catalog/checkout_process.php

Customer (me!) makes a purchase, chooses to pay by Paypal. I'm directed to the Paypal site, make the payment, Paypal displays the details of the payment I have made, with a "Continue" button. When I click on the button, a dialog appears warning that the data submitted is about to be transferred unencrypted (we haven't got our SSL sorted yet, site is not live). When I "OK" to that, I get this message:

checkout_process.php could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

Thinking I had done something wrong, I switched OFF autoreturn in osC and in the Paypal account, and re-entered the IPN URL as mydomain.com/catalog/ipn.php. The same message as above appears at the same point in the transaction, when I click to leave Paypal and return to the store.

In both cases, a Paypal transaction is generated and a Notification of Payment e-mail is received. No debug e-mails, although notifications==2.

I've checked checkout_process.php does exist in mydomain.com/catalog/ and I've searched for typos everywhere I can think of. I've obviously missed something.

Brain fog is now setting in - anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Ellie

Further information regarding my query above.

When I click "OK" on the unencrypted transmission warning, my browser displays:

Resolving host checkout_process.php...

on the bottom status bar. Presumably this should be the path specified in the Return URL.

HTH

Cheers

Ellie

Ellie,

Not exactly sure here, where are you located? It might well seem as though the 'full' url path(s) are not being correctly specified or myabe you truncated your msg earlier, when you said browser resolving host checkout_process.php? since if the full url path was there, then there should not have been any problem, i.e http://domain/catalog/checkout_process.php.

One thing you could check/verify is the information being provided to PayPal, just before clicking the osC 'confirmation' button view the source of the page and scroll/search for return path parameter, all the paramaters occur on a single line in the html code just over 2/3 of the way down the page. Need to look for the return path and the notification path since both of these would override the settings in your PayPal account profile.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Alright, I took everything out and tried again. Now everything seems to work but when I go to "Send Test IPN, it brings up the form, but with

receiver_email: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID

business: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID

And when I hit "send" I get this error...

The requested URL /catalog/admin/MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_NOTIFY_URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone offer a little help?

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response - I'm impressed with your dedication!

The "resolving host" message I quoted was exactly what appeared in the browser's status bar when I clicked "ok" to the unencrypted transmission warning.

I've just begun another test transaction and from the source of checkout_confirmation here's the return value:

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="checkout_process.php?referer=paypal&osCsid=9c30a075027fdb3c591af09eafbff877">

If this is overriding the Paypal account settings then that would explain the "resolving host" message reflecting an incomplete path.

Any more information I can provide?

Cheers,

Ellie

Jodi, sounds like you are using paypalipn_v0.981 which isn't this contirbution support thread.

Ellie, thnks, might be something to do with SSL and related paths, the only thing I can think of right now is if you post here the 'top' bit of your includes/configure.php file.

Hi Greg,

Here's the file/webserver definitions from includes/configure.php:

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.the-cuttingroom.com'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER',''); // ehf 07.02.04

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.the-cuttingroom.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.the-cuttingroom.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // ehf 04.02.04

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', ''); // ehf 07.02.04

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/**censored!**/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

We're not SSL enabled yet - that's about number 5 on the list of 337 things still to do before we go live ;) everything else is pretty much vanilla osC.

HTH

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

that looks like the admin/includes/configure.php file, you need to look for the catalog/includes/configure.php file (they're slighlty different). This is what should/could be occuring in the catalog/includes/configure.php file

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://domain');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

or even the following is still possible

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://domain');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://domain');

define('ENABLE_SSL', true);

Because from earlier info, it seems like tep_href('ipn.php') (for example) is not actually specifying the full url path as it should, this is something to do with the osC tep_href function and not the filename provided, hence my above q's about the configure.php file because generally there shouldn't be a problem, that said unless you have got the admin configure.php file in the catalog location by mistake too?

Hi Greg,

We appear to have what you might call a nail-hammer interface here...

The quote I sent you was from my catalog/includes/configure.php file (offline copy). After reading your post, I checked the version on the webserver and it was the same. So I checked the "virgin install" I keep on my workstation, and waddayaknow, I appear to have the admin version in the catalog location!

Hmm, this could explain everything - back shortly.

Ellie

...and the crowd goes wild!!!!!

It only bloomin' works, dun't it?

Nice one, Greg. If you could send beer over the internet, I'd gladly buy you a pint. In the absence of an e-Pub, I'll have to think of something else.

Round of applause for Mr Baboolal, ladies and gentlemen,

:D

Cheers,

Ellie

Greg,

I'm trying to install Paypal Shopping Cart IPN 1.7. I did have 0.981 so that must be what is going on. I'll try to troubleshoot that. What file should the Paypal test be calling? I'm on Linda McGrath's SEC version and there are two Paypal options. Perhaps I am trying to activate the wrong one...

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for continuing to check on this thread. It seems like a wonderful contribution and can't wait to get it going to see how cool it is. Much thanks for all your work.

Jodi