• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

Updated v1.6(a) to v1.7 to work properly when storing the sessions in the database, previously the cart would be re-populated, hopefully and seemedly now fixed - something to do with the scope of certain vars - roll on MS3.

To upgrade from v1.6a only the following 3 files are neccessary:

catalog/ipn.php

catalog/includes/classes/paypal/cart.php

catalog/includes/classes/paypal/ipn.php

(but you could always do catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php just for good measure).

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

I have recently upgraded from 1.5 to 1.7. Everything appears to be working, but I get a flood of emails from the IPN--the first few say they figured everything out and the order and the IPN are all matched up in OSC, but then I get a bunch more emails for the same transaction ID saying unknown this and are you running any tests, etc.

I have turned the emails to level 2 (since I'm testing) and I get five emails with subject lines like this:

Debug

Email and Business ID config

(notification email address)

IPN INSERTED

Verified

Then I get a note at the order email 'from' the customer saying they paid me.

Then I get four more emails just like those above, all over again--except for the IPN INSERTED email. All of these have the same timestamp as the original set, at least to the minute.

Then I get the same four emails again, twice more--one minute later and again one minute after that.

At this point I have gone back to Paypal and refunded the transaction (since I don't actually want to pay this). I get a receipt for the refund, and at the same moment I start getting Unknown Transaction Type emails and Unknown Verification emails, in pairs, about six sets of repeats so far.

The Unknown Verification emails appear to have the contents of a Paypal web page in the body: (I have deleted lots of blank spaces so you don't have to scroll the same way the email is set up)

PayPal - Welcome

Sign Up | Log In | Help

Welcome

PayPal members

New user?

What's New

Protect yourself from fraudulent emails and websites

Send invoices with the NEW PayPal Outlook Wizard

Refer new merchants and earn up to $100.00 USD

Join the PayPal team

Community Spotlight

Send Money

Pay anyone with an email address

Request Money

Send a personal or group bill

Over  40 million member accounts worldwide!

Spotlight

Auction Tools

It's easy to buy and sell on eBay when you use PayPal to process your payments.

Merchant Tools

Accept online credit card payments immediately with PayPal's Merchant Tools.

PayPal Shops

Shop at one of over 42,000 websites that accept PayPal.

About

| Accounts

| Fees

| Privacy

| Security Center

| User Agreement

| Developers

| Referrals

| Shops | Mass Pay

an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2004 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Information about FDIC pass-through insurance

My Paypal account has the ability to do autoreturn, but I'm not quite clear on what URL is supposed to go there. Is that supposed to be http://shopdomain/checkout_success.php or something more? Is it possible to have everything running right with OSC configured with a 1 on AutoReturn but Paypal with AutoReturn not enabled?

Anyway, is this snowstorm of emails (when using the 2 in the email configuration) normal?

shris

shris,

Debug Level 2, will send you an email for practically every check that occurs, this is so that you can verfiy the process is working, you could set it to 1 and only get few intermittent emails, but it is suggested possible to just specify in osC admin/paypal a different email addr than the one used for receiving payments.

Because IPN is enable in your PayPal profile you will get a msg anytime something occurs with your account. To resolve this you no longer need to have IPN enabled in your PayPal account profile.

Currently the correct return url-page to specify (if at all) in the PayPal profile is checkout_process.php. But this does not really matter since this contribution actually specifies the retrun url to use, thus overridng the one in the profile account.

Refunds, PayPal have changed their methodology in handling this, so you will get those unkown posts. Currently this contribution does not support refunds, and only supports 'Completed' payments.

If you have not enabled the auto-return feature in the PayPal profile then don't specify/set it osC admin, only set it if you are.

If the customer clicks the continue button then you will get 2 sets of emails, one set is because the order is being stored, the other set because a duplicate transaction is occuring - this is to show that you are not getting duplicate orders.

Refunds, PayPal have changed their methodology in handling this, so you will get those unkown posts. Currently this contribution does not support refunds, and only supports 'Completed' payments.

Since it most like that a store would issue refund, is there any plan in the future to support refunds in this contribution. Also, where to we modify the confirmation email that goes out the customer using paypal payment?

Thanks!

Contributions:

STS

Header Tags

Ebay Auctions

Ebay Auction Sales Manager

Html Wysiwyg Editor

Ultrapics

Paypal Cart IPN

Info Pages Unlimited

Shop By Price

Talon,

The only thing this contribution did in checkout_process.php was to insert the paypal_ipn_id into the orders table sql statement, but this no longer needs to explicitly occur, in fact in the current contribution zip checkout_process.php no longer exists, it is now done in modules/payment/paypal.php.

Hi Greg.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

The thing that confuses me most about all the emails is that they continue to arrive for a couple of hours after the last action taken on the order.

As an example, I input my original order at 12:15pm local time, and I continue to get them even at 4pm, though the stream has slowed, it has not stopped. This was happening even at email level 1 in version 1.5.

I can live with extra emails as long as everything else is working, but it's kinda yukky. I'd rather have less (but not none). I've switched my 1.7 installation over to email level 1 to see how it's going to go, but I wondered if that was 'normal'.. It seems rather verbose, and the extra emails don't seem to be accomplishing anything with respect to the program.

Anyway, thanks.

:blink:

shris

Kristina,

That does sound peculiar, are they all in regard to one transaction? or each in respect to individual orders?

If everything is working properly you could actually set it to '0' and get no debug info.

If possible you could check the server logs to see how and who is posting to the ipn.php file. In the contrib zip there is a directory called htaccess which contains a txt file showing a configuration that can be used to only allow PayPal to communicate with that file, but please note PayPal does not advise this and they say that this should not be neccessary.

Time permitting, I may look into consolidating some of those emails

Quick question.

The updated paypal IPN contribution, does it contain the fixes that are highlighted from the previous pages. For example:

How To Override Admin Session Configurations
or
Transaction Tagging

or do we need to go back and add each of these?

thanks

Tammy, :)

If you've changed any of the settings in admin->configuration->sessions, then you would need to by pass these settings when a PayPal-osC IPN is received. See this post. Those steps may no longer be neccessary in later releases.

Greg

I have a major problem after upgrading to 1.7 - the paypal process are working as it should but the orders are not generated in osc. It's indeed very strange to experience that all the test orders made in 1.7 are generated (with errors) after downgrading to 1.6, where everything is working as it should (also the osc part). Do you have any suggestions to what I might have done wrong? I have follow the instructions and changed catalog/ipn.php, catalog/includes/classes/paypal/cart.php, catalog/includes/classes/paypal/ipn.php. At paypal IPN is set to on and url to none. In my adm auto return is set to 1 and url behavior is set to 2.

Sincerely

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Hello everyone.

I am still fairly new to Osc, etc, and I have tried thismorning to install the PayPal IPN contribution.

It looked pretty daunting, with so many files, etc, but I went ahead and tried it. All went well, as I was able to put the files in place, and also run the sql file to add the new tables, and fields etc.

However, when I have gone back now to reinstall paypal in the admin section in payment, I am getting the following error message...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /homepages/4/d35007202/htdocs/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 14

I have tried to revert and install my original backup of the paypal.php file, but nothing seems to work.

I am still a newbie regarding PHP, so I have no idea what this error message is refering to.

Can anyone give me any advice or help with this ??

Thank you

Alex

That does sound peculiar, are they all in regard to one transaction? or each in respect to individual orders?

If everything is working properly you could actually set it to '0' and get no debug info.

If possible you could check the server logs to see how and who is posting to the ipn.php file. In the contrib zip there is a directory called htaccess which contains a txt file showing a configuration that can be used to only allow PayPal to communicate with that file, but please note PayPal does not advise this and they say that this should not be neccessary.

Well, there were a bunch of repetitions for the single transaction ID. But the emails that continue to flow now don't reference one. So they may have something to do with config changes we've been making to the Paypal account. They're not payments, and so why would they trigger IPN's? But they lasted well into the night, finally stopping 12 hours after the original transaction. Very strange.

I'm going to leave the settings the way they are for a little while and see what happens when a customer orders. If I still get a flood, then I may shut off the IPN switch on the paypal account. None of this is destructive, it's just weird.

shris

Hi, I can only make some quick responses this morning.

Cornelius, Are you sure that you copied over the files correctly, even when doing the downgrade, the biggest change is that the checkout_process stuff for the private IPN no longer occurs in cart.php but in catalog/ipn.php. Have you made any other changes within osC (other contribs or configuration settings in osC admin).

Alex, when you copied catalog/modules/payment/paypal.php to the corresponding place in osC, what did you do with the old version, it seems like that there are 2 php files in that (osC) directory both with the class name 'paypal'

shris, I have not come across this problem before. The first place to look is your server logs, but I very much doubt that PayPal is the cause, that is unless your receiving payments constantly via your site.

Are the IPN/orders showing in osC admin? How many per transaction? If they are ok then considere switch the debug off (0). Can you identify a set of emails, knowing the subject of the emails might help here.

If you receive payments for anything else unrelated to the website you will get an IPN because you still have it enabled in your PayPal account profile, you can switch it off and still get IPN's.

Greg

Just a quick THANK YOU !!

Yes, I did have the backup of the original paypal file in the same directory. I removed it, and the error message is now gone.

I will start installing the paypal again now, and see how far I get.

Thanks so much for your time and effort.

Take care

Alex

Hello Tammy

admin/includes/configure.php

Sincerely

Cornelius

I could only find the password to MySql. The config file doesnt show anything else. I cant believe Ive lost it, that what I get for messing with two stores at one time!

Thank You

Tammy

Hi, i want to use this contribution. But since i receive payments in a currency that is not supported by paypal i'll get some problems.

Let's say i have a total of one order of $120, and the user wants to pay via paypal. The value in USD of $120 should be divided in 11 so the users pays USD 10.90 through paypal.

There's a way to do this with this module?

Thanks...

Hi Greg,

Updated v1.6(a)  to v1.7 to work properly when storing the sessions in the database, previously the cart would be re-populated, hopefully and seemedly now fixed - something to do with the scope of certain vars - roll on MS3.

i just upgraded from v1.5a to v1.7 and when using the Auto Return feature set to ON (both on paypals website and inside the contribution) my shopping cart is empty when returning to the shop and recreated when surfing to another link -> same behaviour as with 1.5a

Regards,

Marcus

marcus,

Thanks I see this now, it does seem to work properly when the customer is required to click the continue button. Unfortuanately at this time I don't know what to say other than to use the continue button, Ive spent more time than I can afford right now (even though I stubbornly persist), quickly thinking I see no reason for this to happen - but even at this time the Auto-Return feature is not a realiable method to use with this contribution due to the basis that the IPN must be recieved and processed within the 10 seconds or sooner to when the customer returns to the site. I'll look into it further maybe.

Today my goodwill/trust-fullness was burnt my another osC member advertising for help so currently I'm not happy.