should read:

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/

paypalipn.php

Sorry if that caused any confusion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. I think ive figured out the handling fee thing.

I logged into PayPal and updated my shipping, so it says $1.00.. then my cart hads the shipping total from the cart and poof, it worked (I think)

Second, I signed up for a personal account (already have the business account) but It want me to give a credit card number to send payment)..I only own ONE credit card and its already attached to my business account, and paypal system wont let me use it again for the personal account! GRRR

Is anyone willing to test this out for me ???? I will refund the $$$ ASAP!

The test products are .01 and the shipping is $1.06 (for two items) and the handling fee is $1 (so the total should be $2.08)

If I can have a volunterr, please email at [email protected] and Ill send you the url and tst categories, etc.

Thanks

tammy

I have just worked out that none of the links in filenames.php and databasetables.php are recognized.

Is there a step that I have to take in order to get this to work. cause i think i've missed something.

The answer is really to use MS2 I'm afraid. That is the version the contribution is written for. In prior versions there is no filenames.php and database_tables.php. It is all in application_top.php

Edited by radders

Ok, dumb question- does this contrib take care of the problem arising from customers who don't hit 'continue' after completing their PayPal transaction, namely that such orders will not show up in the osc admin?

Becaue I installed it, did a test run, didn't hit continue and the order doesn't show up in admin.

thx

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Ha! It was a dumb question, cause it's been asked before....

Anyway, it works fine now, but I didn't do anything except slog my way through this whole thread and then try again. So maybe it was just penance? Well, never look a gift contribution in the mouth that's what I always say!

Kudos to Greg for great work!

stew

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

While slogging thru this whole thread I noticed a lot of posts questioning what to do about PayPal IPN v0.981, so here's my advice:

Before installing Greg's PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN, completely uninstall PayPal IPN v0.981. Uninstall the module via admin, then delete the database entries, delete all the unique files, and remove any mention of it from the other files.

Basically, reverse the installation instructions that came with PayPal IPN v0.981, then install Greg's IPN contribution. This should make for worry free usage.

Oh, and follow all the instructions that come with Greg's mod! And backup when necessary!

Stew

The answer is really to use MS2 I'm afraid. That is the version the contribution is written for. In prior versions there is no filenames.php and database_tables.php. It is all in application_top.php

I may sound dumb, but I am rally unsure. How do I change from the 2.2CVS I have used up to now, to MS2??

All my configuration and the PayPal Contrib is already on the server, and I obviously don't want to loose everything I have done already.

What is the best way to change the version???

i have ms2-max 2.2 which contains the older 0.98 version of paypalipn. I followed all the instructions when upgrading to 1.5 and now for some reason i can't log into the admin section.

I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_admin_check_login() in ...\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 213

I read through both threads and it seems no one has this problem. So, no I know this must be some trivial or obscure thing that i've missed. Any ideas? If not i'll just go back to the older version since i don't know how to troubleshoot such errors.

thanks

This is the support thread....

This contribution was based upon the orginal MS2 2.2, I find it appaling that other people customize and release osC with other contributions and have functions like tep_admin_check_login() which is not part of the original package and is therefore an everlasting development nightmare, and to top it off they include contributions that are insecure leaving you to wonder what other crap have they put in, so you are basically back to square one, this is not development!

I aprreciate that not everyone is able to debug applications, but unfortunately in this case I personally can't help because I don't know ms2-max 2.2.

Incidentally the changes made in admin/functions/general.php has nothing to do with the above function. It does clearly state in the Install_Instructions.txt file that if you want to find the bits that were changed in the original osC files, then search for paypal or paypal_ipn.

What you need to look into is how the authorization process works, i.e how and where does the application determine what files are associated to either a user or other files.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

I logged into PayPal and updated my shipping, so it says $1.00.. then my cart hads the shipping total from the cart and poof, it worked (I think)

Well, Its NOT working like I had hoped.

Can ANYONE tell me "how" and "which file" to modify to ADD a handling fee to my paypal IPN?

Thanks

tammy

Hi,

I have 3 problems after installing this contribution....

1. I do not get the orders nor the IPN unless I hit continue after paying via paypal.

2. On orders where continue is hit on the paypal page, the products ordered are not listed on the order page in the orders section nor are they listed in the statement listed in the IPN section. That section where the products should be is blank.

3. I cannot edit my order status. They are all stuck on pending. below where the products normally are, I get the following:

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from orders_status_history where orders_id = '25' order by date_added

[TEP STOP]

:( I am using 2.2ms2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tammy, you can update the code in paypal.php in the modules payment section; however the types of products/services of your site is prohibited for use with PayPal.

Shanna,

1. Did you enable IPN in your PayPal account profile?

2. Don't Know

3. Don't Know; are you sure you are using this contribution, the amendments that I made to the original osC files did not not have anything to do with an order's status.

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for the reply. I did enable IPN within paypal. I am 100% sure I am using this contribution. ;) I will have to do some more investigating.

Thanks so much Greg for tking all the time to answer all of these questions. :)

Shanna

Hmm.. I've got a couple of problems too...

firstly, when payment is taken, I'm also not seeing anything happen as far as orders go until the user hits the continue button. There IS a HTTP POST coming in from paypal as soon as the payment is made, however nothing happens until the user returns.

this might be linked to the second problem I have:

order is for 1 item at ?1.50

postage ?0.43

payment type surcharge (of 20p + 5%) - this shows as 0.30 on checkout (calculation being actually 0.2965)

total due shown by checkout: ?2.23.

However the figure passed to paypal is ? 2.22 -

once user continues after paying, I get an email

PayPal IPN: check_valid_payment - "incorrect cart total".

I presume this is just a rounding issue somewhere ...? I'd go edit the surcharge module to round down, but will I get the same problem if the user is using a currency other than my default of GBP, as those get rounded too?

(payment surcharge is handled by contribution "Payment Surcharge v1b" only modified to actually calculate correctly..)

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Edited by irrelevant.com

Thanks radders, I guess I hadn't read far enough back in the thread.

(I commented out the test in classes/paypal/cart.php, if that was the right place? It seemed to work anyway.)

I'm still a tad concerned that that the cart totals up differently than the figure that is passed to paypal to accept from the user. I can see this causing a bit of confusion on occasions.

The good news is that once I bypassed that test, the orders popped up as soon as payment was confirmed like expected.

Thanks for your help, and to everyone who has worked on this module.

Greg, I thank you very much - this is a great contribution!

I haven?t read the whole thread, so maybe my suggestion is unnecessary:

You will have to disable the option "Check User Agent" in the session section of the configuration. Otherwise the customers? session is going to be destroyed when PayPal loads the ipn.php page. Now it isn?t possible to finish the order. You will be redirected to the login page and the shopping cart is still full (but the money is away).

Greets,

Johannes

Hi JoJo,

Thanks for pointing that out, it was developed it upon a default install and I suppose ip checking would also kill the session too.

But this can be easily remedied.

I have recently started to think that querying the customers_shopping_basket table might be a better alternative than recreating the session.

However it is a little more involved; but this can be based upon the same principles behind the recover-cart-sales contribution.

Thanks,

Greg.

gregbaboolal,

As you know, I authored the eBay Auction Sales Manager contribution. Currently, I use and recommend the PayPal IPN 0.981 for MS2 contribution rather than PayPal Shopping Cart IPN primarily because it support refunds and cancelled payments.

I read in the release notes for PayPal Shopping Cart IPN that refunds and cancelled payments are not currently supported.

I want to have better integration with PayPal for auction payments and am willing to do the work necessary to integrate auction payments into PayPal Shopping Cart IPN.

Obviously, I want to use this contribution, because it is actively supported whereas the other PayPal contribution is not. If I do the work necessary for auction payment, would you or someone else be willing to complete the feature set for payment refunds and pending/cleared payments (e.g. eCheck)? If so, under what timeframe?

Edited by auctionblox

It's been awhile since playing with this contrib, and even longer since having an installed version of paypalipn 0.981, but from looking at the code for 0.981 I could not 'quickly' see where 0.981 returns the product item back into the stock inventory upon a refund, from what I could see it just updates the status of the IPN transaction.

Handling refunded is not hard to do, but a clear definition of what is expected to happen when a refund notice needs to be made.

Handling a pending payment probably isn't that difficult either, depending, again, on what you expect to happen, do mean that the status of the IPN is simply updated, and that when a notification is received that the payment is 'Completed' that the stock levels are then updated.

Further scripting would also be required in order to prevent downloads from immediately being available if a payment is still pending.

How does your contribution work, does it check the payment status before allowing a customer to proceed or is it just for the order history.

Order history (payment status) is not really a problem, but the stock inventory level is a more delicate process.

In a previous post I mentioned an alternative to the current method of reconstructing/accessing the cart information.

I'm more interested in refining the actual verification checks, such as currencies, cart totals etc as well as the aspects mentioned by JoJo.

Unless commissioned to do so, I don't have a time frame.

Just a comment on the 'Pending' status. I notice Greg that you have mentioned this on a couple of occasions. One of the most annoying things about the old Paypal IPN contribution was all these pending orders that were created in the order table - none of them was ever completed. There was always the risk of despatching the order by mistake and it used to ruin the sequence of order numbers. I hope that feature doesn't get introduced into Paypal Shopping Cart IPN (at least not in the same way -:) )