• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

HELP,

Installed version 1.5 and it looked like it was successful, But, I get the following error:

1146 - Table 'db93777318.TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN' doesn't exist

select paypal_ipn_id,txn_id from TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN where txn_id = '31N83459703514518'

[TEP STOP]

I installed the sql file and verified the tables were there, double check the files and modifications were made and uploaded.

Guess I goofed somewhere, but were and how do I fix.

Thanks in advance (i'm knew at this).

Don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Greg

I feel lucky - thanks a lot for your help. I did not make the eBay Auction Manager change - only the one you pointed out for me.

Everything is working fine (eBay Auction Manager included) except for two minor details:

1: When I'm in e-mail mode 2 I get this mail among the others:

Subject: PayPal IPN: duplicate transaction

Text: A duplicate IPN transaction (47G900671H210735E) has been received, please check your PayPal Account

There's no duplicate transaction in real life! ???

2: To my great surprise are my refunds from my paypal account also handled by your contrib - with the right costumer. Each refund create a new order number in OSC with the amount 0.00 - can I turn refunds off somewhere in your contrib or even better - how do I get the amount (negative) right. It look like there's a definition somewhere there says: An order can't have a negative amount. In admin/tools/paypal inp the text is refunded and the amount is correct (but not negative).

To all

A few words about real life testing and the costs.

Yesterday I created a Paypal account for my wife with her credit card - I took less than 5 minutes to get it approved and working. I have made 5 transactions since in order to get this contrib working. Today I have refunded them all via the transactions on my own paypal account. Total paypal fee $0.00.

Sincerely

Cornelius

dog1.jpg Who let the dog out ?!!! Newer trust a smiling dog!

Don,

It looks like a missing define in database_tables.php

If you have added the definition check that you have added it to the right file (there is a database_tables.php in admin/includes/ and catalog/includes)

Edited by radders

There's no duplicate transaction in real life! ???
In PayPal's case there is! You get sent two IPNs, one independently from PayPal, which I classify as PayPal - osC, the second IPN is actually received when your customer (Customer - osC) returns to your site upon clicking the continue button, which ever is received last is considered to be the duplicate transaction.

To my great surprise are my refunds from my paypal account also handled by your contrib - with the right costumer. Each refund create a new order number in OSC with the amount 0.00 - can I turn refunds off somewhere in your contrib or even better - how do I get the amount (negative) right. It look like there's a definition somewhere there says: An order can't have a negative amount. In admin/tools/paypal inp the text is refunded and the amount is correct (but not negative).
I'm a little intrigued by this, are you saying that a refunded 'is' being stored as an order in osC, I had thought that a 'Refund' uses the same transaction ID (txn_id) as the original transaction, hence you should of just got another duplicate transaction email msg.

At this time I am not in the position to further develop the contrib to handle refund requests, which should probably be an osC admin configurable option, i.e. everybody might not want to have their orders automatically re-instated. Please check, that refund should of had the same transaction id, so in theory it currently should not of been registered.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

db93777318.TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN
Suggests that 'table' has not been defined in either catalog/includes/database_tables.php or catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php, because it is showing the constant name, rather than the actual name, e.g:

define('TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN' , 'paypal_ipn');

1146 - Table 'db93777318.TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN' doesn't exist

select paypal_ipn_id,txn_id from TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN where txn_id = '31N83459703514518'

[TEP STOP]

Hello,

I have the same problem. The tables are defined in admin and in catalog. But I have MS1 and did the defines for the tables and the filenames in application_top. Any idea?

Devon

Hello Greg

Any new transaction in the paypal system get a new ID. When a refund is made osc give the refund a new osc order number with the amount $0.00 - right - maybe because osc don't know the new paypal ID. If it could get the "in reference to" id - the id would be the same as the original order.

From one of my refunded transactions I get this from my paypal account:

Refund (ID #89688710GY205290U)

In reference to: 2D121396P03428619

Sincerely

Cornelius

Cornelius,

Ok, I now see what you mean by in reference to.

However, in osC admin, are you in 'Test Mode', because in 'Live Mode' a transaction is only supposed to stored when the payment_status is 'Completed' and not 'Refunded'.

In osC admin when you view the 'Refunded' order, what does it say the payment status is?

Greg

"However, in osC admin, are you in 'Test Mode', because in 'Live Mode' a transaction is only supposed to stored when the payment_status is 'Completed' and not 'Refunded'." - right!

Payment status is "Refunded" ammount is right (but positive)

Sincerely

Cornelius,

"However, in osC admin, are you in 'Test Mode', because in 'Live Mode' a transaction is only supposed to stored when the payment_status is 'Completed' and not 'Refunded'." - right!

'right!' Does not answer my question, I have now taken the time to test it, and it seems that 'you' 'are' in 'Test Mode'?

Because in 'Live Mode' i.e Test Mode =0, the 'Refunded' IPN does not register.

In test mode, i,e Test Mode = 1, the 'Refunded' IPN is registered.

Greg

Right! was meant as a confirmation of your statement. I sorry for my insufficient use of the English Language - Danish is my first.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cornelius

"I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer - but I'm stubborn"

Edited by CorneliusH

Can someone please help me, i have installed paypal IPN, got it all aparently working. Then when i go to use it it just doesnt work.

Simply i add products to my cart, choose paypal and if its in aggreate mode then nothing appears as the cost and if its in itemised mode nothing appears at all.

Please help me, im going mad tryin to get it to work!

Alright then, stupid problem in the end.

I was using only GBP for my payment, which is all fine except i have entered the currency in the database originally as GDP.

A type that caused me a nite mare.

Just incase anyone has the same problem!

Sorry to bring up the mc_gross not matching the cart total thing again, but I have installed the coupon and gift voucher contributon and that too causes problems. Since the discounted amount is sent to paypal and the cart total is before discount then the two don't match. I commented out the verification for now since I have yet to have paypal get the wrong amount from my store front. The other problem is that the order total file has the discount added in instead of deducted because of the snippit from the checkout_process.php that is in cart.php. It doesn't include the code from the coupon contribution. I am trying to add it now to see if I can get the two contributions to work together. If anyone has this working I would appreciate some help...

Thanks!

Jeff

Edited by 35thSLP

I have installed this contribution, there seems to be no problems with the install, but I still do not get an order email from the cart unless I press continue after completing the paypal transaction.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Shouldn't an email be sent when the IPN goes thru, so that I know what was ordered?

Thanks.

Hi

Have just installed this Contribution after setting up a new shop from a snap shot around 2 weeks ago, but am getting problems with the $currencies tags, with i think by doing a bit of research on CVS have now changed to $osC_Currencies. Will this contribution be updated soon to compensate these changes or do i need to de-install it.

Cheers Richard

Richard,

If you have commented out the check_valid_payment as mentioned in a previous post.

Then you could 'try' doing a global replacement of $currencies to $osC_Currencies in:

/catalog/includes/classes/paypal/cart.php

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Have already tried the find and replace method with no luck :)

Haven't tried the check_valid_payment one as i can't find any reference to it.

Cheers anyway, i'll de-install it for now and wait for update.

Cheers

Greg,

I am about to install you paypal ipn1.5 but I have one big question. If I remember right the ipn gateway only allows paypal accounts with a confirmed address. So what if I get a new user to paypal. His/her account won't have a confirmed address since it takes a few days. Will they be able to just pay by credit card without having a paypal account?

The Wiki Docs: Read them, live them and be thankful for them!

Hi Frank,

At this moment in time I am unsure as to PayPal's exact policies in regards to payments from customers with and unconfirmed address.

When you receive an IPN, PayPal includes this information about the customer, eg. if they have a verified address it will shown on the order page in osC admin that their address status is '1' and presumably '0' if not verified (really it should say this rather than displaying a numeric value).

If the customer checks out via your store and you're offering the customer the choice of payment methods, eg. credit card, paypal etc and the customer decides to go for PayPal and then decides that they don't want to use PayPal then the cleanest way for them to get pack to your site so as to choose a different payment option (apart from beating them with a stick) is for them to click PayPal's cancel button.

If still installing (at least you will be able to have your logo on the PayPal site etc), there are a few posts earlier in this thread that will help fix any issues (one on the first page mentions how to get the payment method back in the customers order email).

Thanks Greg, I will check with paypal on this. I am going to only accept paypal and money orders so I need the pp link to be fool proof. This is the last addon I have to do to my site. Think I will go clear my head for a while so I don't mess this up.

The Wiki Docs: Read them, live them and be thankful for them!

Urgent!!

I have briefly looked through, but can not find the answer.

I currently have the latest version of the IPN and OSC.

I have had a paypal order. The problem is that I have received a notification email, but the site has not registered an order. (in orders or IPN in the admin panel)

How do I fix this??