• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot SSL checkout - help please (urgent)

Jondab-Ali

Greetings all,

I have an issue with a modified installation of osc 2.2MS2. Add-ons are:

1/ STS 1.8 contrib

2/ WYSIYWG + Image uploader 1.7 contrib

The shop is running fine, here: http://www.recordlounge.co.uk/shop

I am using a shared SSL for the checkout procedure.

The problems I'm experiencing are as follows:

1/ If I add a test product to the cart, and then try to checkout, I lose the contents of the cart completely (is this a cookie or session migration issue accross servers?).

2/ The checkout page won't secure. The padlock flicks on, and then dissapears in IE6. The problem appears to be that all the images are being pulled from HTTP instead of HTTPS, but when i look at the source code, all links and img src's are relative. Please have a look for yourself on the link above.

3/ I get a rouge "</" at the bottom of my page in IE6 sometimes ever since I installed STS 1.8.

This is a really urgent issue. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

If you need any further info, please ask. Thanks

Jondab Ali

Just a quick update:

Problem 1 (in above post) that I was experiencing has simply vanished overnight. Products in the cart now transfer over to the checkout process with no problem. I can't put my finger on why this has changed, all I can surmise is that perhaps it was an issue with the shared SSL. It can take up to an hour to set up a HTTP account with my host (for it to become active), so perhaps this was a similar issue.

Problems 2 & 3 are still unresolved. This is now very urgent, I'd very much appreciate any thoughts or input as to why my checkout isn't securing (I know it's probably some silly option I've missed).

Thanks.

Yet another update:

I think that the problem could be as follows:

I'm using a shared SSL server. I don't think that this HTTPS server is apache, it may well be IIS or something else. So, when i want to changeover to the SSL server for checkout, getenv() isn't working correctly to set the img src url's to https. I think I read about this somewhere else in the forum, but i can't find the thread now.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is it possible that my thoughts on getenv() are feasible?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Greetings all,

Finally, I resolved the issue.

Fix posted here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0entry283825

I still have this problem with the stray "</" at the bottom of some of my pages. I think this is something to do with my incompetence in conjunction with STS 1.8. If anyone can shed some light on the problem, I'd be greatful.

Thanks.

Archived