• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Infobox Skin Manager v2.0

equilla

Hi All,

Version 2.0 of the Infobox Skin Manager is just released here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1680

Now you can skin each boxes individually with one of a library of 10 skin slice sets. Also, you can skin header, footer, left and right columns and even main page content with this one tool.

There is a demo up on my site (www.oscommerce-templates.net) at the moment, but the final version had a few tweaks before it was released. I should be updating the demo on my site to reflect these in the next few days.

This is a larger mod than previously so here is the support thread ready and waiting...... :unsure:

Enjoy!

I'm currently in the process of installing your contribution, I bumped into a typo in your readme.txt file. Where you have:

in /admin/includes/languages/english add:

I think you really meant to say:

english.php

Hi,

thanks for that. You are indeed right it should be english.php :blink:

That'll teach me to type out the install instructions with such haste!

Please let me know if you run into any other difficulties.

Cheers,

Mark

OOPS:

"That'll teach me to type out the install instructions with such haste!"

What you probably meant was:

"That'll teach me to not type out the install instructions with such haste!"

Anyway, finished installation here, and now am getting this:

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 45

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/manufacturers.php' for inclusion (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 52

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/whats_new.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 56

I think this is due to folder "boxes" now being empty?

Hi,

sorry if this took a while to answer : e-mail notification seems not to be working.

Yes, this is covered in the install instructions and is quite normal :o Basically, your catalog will appear to be broken until you use the infobox skin mapping page in the admin for the first time. Once the confirm button is clicked here, the required files in the boxes folder will be created.

It a bit of a strange way of going about things I know, but it is the only I way I could come up with to allow this kind of dynamic box skin allocation thingy.

HTH.

Cheers,

Mark

How can i change the right and left colom to the same width?

define('BOX_WIDTH', 130); this is the standard width, but rigth side stays too narrow.

Infobox Skin Mapping

Is it possible to disable more then the last three box filenames?

If possible, tell me how.

Thanks for your great contribution, I realy love it. :rolleyes:

David

Hello Mark,

I am using Admin DHTML menu for catagory, in default everything works fine. :rolleyes: only with DHTML on de boxes are wider.?? + 10 %

David

Hello ,

I install the contribution, the only problem i have is that when i enter a page in the catalog, these errors appear in the top:

require (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'skin_bottom.php');

Maybe i miss something??

Thanks, anf keep the great work!

Hi Mark. I have installed this contribution on my new ms2 site but am having the following problem. The first skin I used was the blue embossed. Then I went to change it to another and it doesn't let me. The inside of the boxes are different but the general skin is the same.I even deleted the blue embossed skin and still not working correctly. If you would like to see what I mean, go to www.jewelrycabin.com. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, were you the kind person who was helping me get a file modified for my ms1 store? I lost this person's info and a pm they sent didn't appear once I logged in so I was never able to get the file. Just wondering if that was you. Thanks Mark.

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

Hi Janet,

firstly, yes it was me that sent you the link for that file, but see this thread for a better solution for MS1 users that want to use this contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0entry272407

Regarding your current problem, this could be a couple of things - from write permissions on files, to other contribs being installed (specifically Thema or Basic Template Structure mods) which means that different files need to be edited to the standard ones the install instructions advise to edit.

If you could clarify whether the above apply to you I will be able to better advise on the way forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

The following: /catalog/images/slice_sets (new folders and subfolders) are missing from the zipped contribution so I get many of the following errors for each part of the slice.

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/dev/catalog/images/slice_sets/1/top_left.jpg' for writing in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\dev\catalog\admin\infobox_skin.php on line 135

mark.

pleas i need some help,

i can't figer out the sql.file

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO configuration

VALUES (

'', 'Slice Set for Left Column', 'COLUMN_LEFT_SLICE_SET', '8', 'Slice Set for Left Column', 6543, NULL , '2003-12-22 10:55:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL , NULL

)

MySQL said:

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

pleas help :( :( :( :( me

thanks alot

Hi,

that's a new one... :o

Can you check what columns you have in the configuration table for me please, so that I can spot if there's anything unusual there?

Thanks,

mark.

copy of (configuration_group)

Edit Delete 1 My Store General information about my store 1 1

Edit Delete 2 Minimum Values The minimum values for functions / data 2 1

Edit Delete 3 Maximum Values The maximum values for functions / data 3 1

Edit Delete 4 Images Image parameters 4 1

Edit Delete 5 Customer Details Customer account configuration 5 1

Edit Delete 6 Module Options Hidden from configuration 6 0

Edit Delete 7 Shipping/Packaging Shipping options available at my store 7 1

Edit Delete 8 Product Listing Product Listing configuration options 8 1

Edit Delete 9 Stock Stock configuration options 9 1

Edit Delete 10 Logging Logging configuration options 10 1

Edit Delete 11 Cache Caching configuration options 11 1

Edit Delete 12 E-Mail Options General setting for E-Mail transport and HTML E-Mails 12 1

Edit Delete 13 Download Downloadable products options 13 1

Edit Delete 14 GZip Compression GZip compression options 14 1

Edit Delete 15 Sessions Session options 15 1

Edit Delete 39 Featured Featured Products Display 339 1

Edit Delete 6543 Infobox Skins Infobox Skinning Options 28 1

(infobox_skins.sql)

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (6543, 'Infobox Skins', 'Infobox Skinning Options', 28, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Slice Set for Left Column', 'COLUMN_LEFT_SLICE_SET', '8', 'Slice Set for Left Column', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-22 10:55:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Main Content Skin Set', 'MAIN_CONTENT_SLICE_SET', '9', 'Page Main Content Skin Set', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-22 16:03:33', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Slice Set for Right Column', 'COLUMN_RIGHT_SLICE_SET', '8', 'Slice Set for Right Column', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-22 16:10:37', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Enable Infobox Skin?', 'SKIN_INFOBOX_ACTIVE', 'true', 'Use skins on your infoboxes?', 6543, 1, '2003-12-24 16:34:40', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 1', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL1', 'ffffff', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 2', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 20:58:50', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 2', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL2', 'ffffff', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 2', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 20:58:50', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 3', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL3', 'ffffff', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 3', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 21:02:48', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 4', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL4', '6ebce2', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 4', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 21:02:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 5', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL5', '6ebce2', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 5', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 21:01:57', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 6', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL6', 'd5fffe', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 6', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 21:01:43', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 7', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL7', 'ffffff', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 7', 6543, 2, '2003-11-19 12:51:10', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 8', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL8', '6fe0ff', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 8', 6543, 2, '2003-11-19 12:51:10', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 9', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL9', 'ffc875', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 9', 6543, 2, '2003-11-19 12:51:10', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Infobox Skin Background Colour 10', 'INFOBOX_SKIN_BGCOL10', '7ca9fe', 'Set the colour of the background for middle cell of slice set 10', 6543, 2, '2003-12-13 21:01:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Slice Set for Header Navigation', 'INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_SLICE_SET', '6', 'Slice set to use for Header Navigation', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-14 10:13:48', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Header Navigation height in pixels', 'INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_HEIGHT', '23', 'Header Navigation height in pixels', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-29 13:05:11', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Slice Set to use for Footer Navigation', 'INFOBOX_FOOTER_SLICE_SET', '6', 'Slice Set to use for Footer Navigation', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-14 10:16:20', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Footer height in pixels', 'INFOBOX_FOOTER_HEIGHT', '23', 'Footer Height in pixels', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-14 10:17:11', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

CREATE TABLE skins (

skin_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

skin_name varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',

left_margin int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

right_margin int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

top_margin int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

bottom_margin int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

skin_filename varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY (skin_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Orange Gradient', 5, 5, 25, 5, 'orange_gradient.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Smooth Silver', 50, 30, 30, 30, 'infobox_idea_1 copy.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Pure and Simple', 20, 20, 19, 15, 'plain_purple.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Blue Glow', 29, 29, 40, 40, 'blue_glow copy.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Blue Emboss', 5, 20, 30, 10, 'blue_emboss.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Plain Cream', 10, 10, 10, 10, 'plain_cream.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Yellow Shine', 10, 10, 30, 10, 'yellow_shine.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Yellow Boxed', 0, 0, 0, 0, 'yellow_boxed.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Stock osC Gray', 10, 10, 30, 10, 'stock_gray.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Blue Diamond', 20, 20, 23, 10, 'Blue Diamond.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Beige Diamond', 20, 20, 23, 10, 'beige_diamond.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Squares', 30, 30, 30, 30, 'squares.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Orange Plain', 10, 10, 15, 30, 'orange_plain.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Blue Plain', 10, 10, 15, 30, 'blue_plain.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Flat Orange Blue', 3, 3, 30, 6, 'flat_or_blue.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Blue Shine', 10, 10, 20, 15, 'blue_shine.jpg');

INSERT INTO skins VALUES ('', 'Orange Mix', 30, 30, 35, 5, 'orange_mix.jpg');

CREATE TABLE skin_mapping (

filename varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',

slice_set_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0'

) TYPE=MyISAM;

thenks alot for helping mark :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Albert,

Thanks, although I still need to have a look at the structure of your configuration table (not the configuration_group table).

Use Export -> Structure Only, to give you something like this, which is what I need:

CREATE TABLE configuration (

configuration_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

configuration_title varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_key varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_value varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_description varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_group_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

sort_order int(5) default NULL,

last_modified datetime default NULL,

date_added datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

use_function varchar(255) default NULL,

set_function varchar(255) default NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (configuration_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Then I can see if you have any extra columns in there for some reason.

Cheers,

mark.

CREATE TABLE configuration_group (

configuration_group_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

configuration_group_title varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_group_description varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

visible int(1) default '1',

PRIMARY KEY (configuration_group_id),

KEY configuration_group_id (configuration_group_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

thanks alot man :) :)

No Problems.

However, I still need to structure for the table configuration - what you have posted is the structure for the table configuration_group

Cheers,

sorry man

Table structure for table `configuration`

#

CREATE TABLE configuration (

configuration_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

configuration_title varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_key varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_value varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_description varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

configuration_group_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

last_modified datetime default NULL,

date_added datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

use_function varchar(255) default NULL,

set_function varchar(255) default NULL,

PWA_ON tinyint(4) default NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (configuration_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

thanks alot mark :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks.

Now I see the problem, which is this extra column you have in that table:

PWA_ON tinyint(4) default NULL,

It seems to relate to the Purchase Without Account contribution.

So, what you will have to do is to edit each line of the SQL file supplied with the ISM contrib to add an extra NULL at the end to take care of this (just those lines for the configuration table BTW, not the one for configuration_group).

So, for example the first line you have to change becomes the following:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Slice Set for Left Column', 'COLUMN_LEFT_SLICE_SET', '8', 'Slice Set for Left Column', 6543, NULL, '2003-12-22 10:55:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL, NULL);

Hopefully, this will solve your problem.

Cheers,

thanks mark.

its solvd the first part but now i got a new one.

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO configuration

VALUES (

'', 'Enable Infobox Skin?', 'SKIN_INFOBOX_ACTIVE', 'true', 'Use skins on your infoboxes?', 6543, 1, '2003-12-24 16:34:40', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'

)

MySQL said:

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

any ideas

thanks mark :) :) :)

Hi,

have you tried:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Enable Infobox Skin?', 'SKIN_INFOBOX_ACTIVE', 'true', 'Use skins on your infoboxes?', 6543, 1, '2003-12-24 16:34:40', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),', NULL);

Cheers,

mark .

im sorry if buging you .

arning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/best_sellers.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 49

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 50

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/categories.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 49

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 50

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/currencies.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/information.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/languages.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/manufacturer_info.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/manufacturers.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/order_history.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/product_notifications.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/reviews.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/search.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/specials.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/tell_a_friend.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/whats_new.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/add_favourites.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/add_a_quickie.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/loginbox.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/categories_css.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/whos_online.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/best_sellers1.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/includes/boxes/shop_by_price.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 48

thanks albert :) :) :) :) :)

line 48,49,50

$fp = fopen (DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/boxes/' . $key, 'w');

fwrite ($fp, $boxes_string);

fclose($fp);