• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  

USPSMethods 2.6 Parcel Post incorrect

Well, after a very painful week I finally managed to get shipping working, for the most part. I installed MS2.2 (after completely destroying my CVS store) and USPSMethods 2.6, got the API set up through USPS, and everything seems to be working - only, when I get a rate quote it shows up like this.

United States Postal Service (1 x 2.02lbs)

EXPRESS $19.35

Priority $7.25

Parcel $8.74

It almost seems like Priority and Parcel rates are getting transposed somwhere. When I look in usps.php in includes/modules and in includes/languages/modules, ieverything is set right from what I can tell, though I'm no php expert.

My tare weight is set to .02, and I have my large package increase set to 0%. I have a handling fee of $1.50. Am I doing something wrong here?

As a side note, the "hook" that's supposed to allow you to receive email from USPS when you get a rate quote? It doesn't seem to work, even though I put my email address in place of "you@yourcompany.com". Weird huh? Anyway any help is appreciated.

It's a bug. If you search here you'll find the posted fix. If you can't find it, holler and I'll check my files for the fix for you - I'm not where I can see them right now.

-t

Thanks Tim, I didn't even know about the bug reporting area. If anyone else has this problem it's an easy fix, posted here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,963

Not really a bug per se, just a default settings issue with the USPS API. Who knew!