• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

link to osc

mcki0127

I want to add a few html pages to my site that don't require the shopping cart. I have added these to the catalog directory, and have successfully linked to them from "header.php." I want to link back to osc from those pages. I'm assuming that I need to link to index.php. Here's what I'm using so far

<a href="index.php" onmouseover="document.images['home ...

I have no idea if this is right, but I get the error "Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /catalog/< on this server." I'm running on localhost.

Can anyone tell me the error of my ways??

Thanks,

Steve

new as they come, and greener than...

instead of linking to index.php why not try www.yoursite.com/catalog/ ? Dont know if that would make a differance.

Also, I had seperate HTML pages, but then I decided I didnt want my users leaving the store in order to go to the informational pages, so I used the Articles Mod and I transfered all the html pages over to that. Then I linked them all to my Java based naviagtional bar in header.php . Now the only time they leave the store is for the forum, but I will soon have that integrated into the store also.

Sorry, I misspoke. I got the error when I used the line

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>" onmouseover="doc ...

linking to "index.php" actually does work for me. I must have been doing something wrong when I tried it the first time. Thanks for the advice though. I may rethink how I want the site set up, and try to integrate the information pages into osc as you have suggested.

Thanks for the help!

new as they come, and greener than...

Archived