• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BTSv1.2 Support

paulm2003

doesnt anyone have advice for me?

hiya..... i'm looking at your BTS contribution, and it looks to be a great system - just what i need....

but i am not running the new version of OSC (2.2).

i have the first version, thats heavily modified....

i had a look at the files for the BTS (latest version) and it seems that the files in the catalog/ root only have the php code in it.

the layout code is in the includes/javascript/ and the templates/ root.

am i correct to assume that for me to be able to use this code i would need to remove all standard html code from my pages - but leave the php coding in it?

then i would have to compare the bts catalog/ files with mine - and add the instances of include (bts_select('main', $content_template)); // BTSv1.5 thats for the BTS system?

it would seem that i have a lot of work to do - but if i am to keep my existing code & functionality - this would seem to be the only way to go?

would you perhaps have any other advice for me?

doesnt anyone have advice for me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Having some troubles and Can't figure it out at all. I read through all the posts, and so far I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue.

Here is all the information:

I Install a fresh copy of osC. All goes well, so I Back up that just so I can keep a backup of a fresh install. Now, I import the SQL Data for the BTS. All goes well. Now I copy over the BTS Files/Patches, and this is where I have troubles. It will copy, everything seems to be working great. I can see all the templates and what not. BUT, what I am having trouble with is when you go to a Category, it will go to that fine, Then when you go to a SubCat, All Hell breaks loose. For the life of me I cannot figure out why. It works fine before I install BTS, but as soon as its installed, it freaks out. Here is the Error Code I get:

File: index.php
Shown CSS id's and classes may be different for other templates!
Let's See What We Have Here  

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '18'

[TEP STOP]

I have no Idea why this is doing this and if anyone can give me a hand, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also might be helpful is what I am running this on.

MySQL Version: 5.0.18 
Apache Version: 2.2.0

Hello,

I've installed BTS 1.5d on a fresh osCommerce MS 2.2, however for some reason I can't switch the template, it's still using the default MS 2.2 template.

Please have a look here:

http://thincmedia.com/dev/sams/index.php

Thanks

Hello SteveOh,

I have the same problem but following your link it seems as though you fixed what was wrong. Could you point me in the right direction for the fix?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

How can i get only one page to use a different template?

Ie i have the printable catalog installed, but need this to use a stripped down version of my normal template..

Is this possible? to assign a template to certain files only?

Thank very muchly..

adi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatelly I didn't manage to make BTS to make each template use its own buttons from /templates/xxx/images or from /templates/xxx/images/buttoms.

All my three installed templates (fallback, flame and cobalt) use buttons from

/includes/languages/russian/images/buttons/button_login.gif but it is wrong!

Will you please explain me how to use button-images for their own templates?

configure_bts.php:

case 'images':

// added for loading images directly from your templates directory (w.o. the tep_image() function)

if (is_file(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'images/' . $filename)) {

$path = DIR_WS_TEMPLATES .'images/' . $filename;

} else {

$path = DIR_WS_TEMPLATES_FALLBACK . 'images/' . $filename;

}

break;

Best wishes,

Alex Z.

Done! :thumbsup:

Find in shop/includes/functions/html_output.php

// The HTML form submit button wrapper function
// Outputs a button in the selected language
 function tep_image_submit($image, $alt = '', $parameters = '') {
global $language;

$image_submit = '<input type="image" src="' . tep_output_string(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/' . $image) . '" border="0" alt="' . tep_output_string($alt) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($alt)) $image_submit .= ' title=" ' . tep_output_string($alt) . ' "';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $image_submit .= ' ' . $parameters;

$image_submit .= '>';

return $image_submit;
 }

////
// Output a function button in the selected language
 function tep_image_button($image, $alt = '', $parameters = '') {
global $language;

return tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/' . $image, $alt, '', '', $parameters);
 }

////

Replace with:

// The HTML form submit button wrapper function
// Outputs a button in the selected language

function tep_image_submit($image, $alt = '', $parameters = '') {

if (is_file(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'images/' . $image)) {

$image_submit = '<input type="image" src="' . tep_output_string(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'images/' . $image) . '" border="0" alt="' . tep_output_string($alt) . '"';

} else {
 $image_submit = '<input type="image" src="' . tep_output_string(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES_FALLBACK . 'images/' . $image) . '" border="0" alt="' . tep_output_string($alt) . '"';
   }  

if (tep_not_null($alt)) $image_submit .= ' title=" ' . tep_output_string($alt) . ' "';
if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $image_submit .= ' ' . $parameters;
	$image_submit .= '>';
	return $image_submit;
 }

////
// Output a function button in the selected language
function tep_image_button($image, $alt = '', $parameters = '') {

if (is_file(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'images/' . $image)) {

return tep_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'images/' . $image, $alt, '', '', $parameters);

} else {
return tep_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES_FALLBACK . 'images/' . $image, $alt, '', '', $parameters);		   
 }
}

////

Best wishes,

Alex Z.

• 4 weeks later...
Done! :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing this Alex :-)

I think it would be nice if your code change for the buttons would be added to the BTS readme.

• 3 weeks later...
Having some troubles and Can't figure it out at all. I read through all the posts, and so far I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue.

Here is all the information:

I Install a fresh copy of osC. All goes well, so I Back up that just so I can keep a backup of a fresh install. Now, I import the SQL Data for the BTS. All goes well. Now I copy over the BTS Files/Patches, and this is where I have troubles. It will copy, everything seems to be working great. I can see all the templates and what not. BUT, what I am having trouble with is when you go to a Category, it will go to that fine, Then when you go to a SubCat, All Hell breaks loose. For the life of me I cannot figure out why. It works fine before I install BTS, but as soon as its installed, it freaks out. Here is the Error Code I get:

File: index.php
Shown CSS id's and classes may be different for other templates!
Let's See What We Have Here  

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '18'

[TEP STOP]

I have no Idea why this is doing this and if anyone can give me a hand, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also might be helpful is what I am running this on.

MySQL Version: 5.0.18 
Apache Version: 2.2.0

I'm running into the same problem and have the same server environment. I have a feeling it's a compatibility issue with our version of MySQL. My production server is running on 4.4.18 so I will try it on that and post an update.

I'm running into the same problem and have the same server environment. I have a feeling it's a compatibility issue with our version of MySQL. My production server is running on 4.4.18 so I will try it on that and post an update.

Re-installed under MySQL 5.0.18 and same problem. Installed under Mysql 4.4.18 and works like a charm. So I think it may be a compatibility issue. I know nothing about coding so don't have a fix.

Hi,

Re-installed under MySQL 5.0.18 and same problem. Installed under Mysql 4.4.18 and works like a charm. So I think it may be a compatibility issue. I know nothing about coding so don't have a fix.

I too encountered these problems. Did some investigation and worked out that this is because BTS is based on osCommerce 2.2 MS2, rather than osCommerce 2.2 MS2 Update 051113.

The osC 051113 update included changes to support MySQL 5.

As it happens, I just finished working all this out and what changes need to be made today :)

I've been working with Apache, PHP, osCommerce, open source stuff and all that sort of thing for about a week now. I was considering uploading my changes as BTS 1.5g, but wasn't too sure about the etiquette of such things - is it really as simple as making the changes, packaging it up and uploading it? I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. ;)

-Colin

I wish knew the answer to that. I have only been working with this now for a week myself. From what I can see from the contributions, it looks like that is what people do. You might want to emial the person who did the last update on this and see what they did.

Glad to see someone made it compatible :) Nice work.

Hello,

I have just installed a osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

I have installed BTS 1.5d + upgrade 1.5e

I can see the template optiuons in admin

I have the top templates choices link at the top of my catalog

BUT when i click anyone of them nothing change... what did i miss ? ;)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, does anyone know how to change the color of the "What's new here?" text when using the BTS? I tried changing the includes/languages/english/index.php file to include font color info, but it did some weird stuff to the page and did change the font color.

I notice that the text is red in the help template, but I can't figure out where it is changed. Please help. Thanks

• 9 months later...

quetion?
I would like to use this template on my site. www.eeweb.nl/osc-bts/i...r=32-final
It is a oscommerce template that is used with BTS. What do I need to do to make this work on my site?

answer
a step by step tutorial of adapting an existing template to osC+BTS forums.eeweb.nl/viewtopic.php?t=125

Pls i need this tutorial...i m looking for years.... THANKS

• 3 weeks later...

Variable Columns using BTS.

2 columns or 3 columns variable depending on page.

Well I'm not sure it matters and I dont know if anyone cares but unless there is something I've over looked then BTS does not allow you to vary the number of columns on a page by page basis.

I searched, and I posted with no one bothering to answer so I created one using simple PHP and I'll publish an article on it on my blog after I get off work today.

For those interested in "VARIABLE NUMBER OF COLUMNS USING BTS" where you can determine what pages get two columns and what pages get three columns then please feel free to visit. I'd post it here but I have serious trouble with finding what I need using this forums search feature.

http://www.jaredritchey.com

~ Jared

www.jaredritchey.com