osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BTSv1.2 Support

paulm2003

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been able to modify the shop_by_price infobox to work with bts 1.5?

I've been trying all day and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

If someone has it can you please provide me with a copy if not can someone take a look and let me know how to modify it. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Contribution page

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1276

Make sure to download the first and last file to get all the files needed.

Thanks in advance.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

there are many ways to do that. My way is to install http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2027 first, and then use http://validator.w3.org/ (not all errors it reports are really bad, but missing div's tr's td'and table tags are for example)

No serious errors found, only a load of missing ALT tags, and a few others. But none seem to be the cause of this problem.

I just checked the page in Firefox and it all looks perfect! Dam IE!!

Any other ideas cos i'm stumped!!

Also, is it possible to get BTS working with PWA??

humet

Edited by humet

Any other ideas cos i'm stumped!!

I think it might your Currencies info box. First go to column_right.php and comment it out to see what happens. If it fixes it I think your width is too large. See the width attribute in the currencies TD, the rest of the td's width are set to 200.

<td width="266" bgcolor="#555555" class="boxText" align="center"><form name="currencies" action="http://djclifton.com/catalog/product_info.php" method="get"><select name="currency" onChange="this.form.submit();"><option value="USD" SELECTED>US Dollar</option><option value="EUR">Euro</option><option value="GBP">Pound</option></select><input type="hidden" name="cPath" value="1_4"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="1"></form></td>

HTH

Edited by PropioWeb

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Also, is it possible to get BTS working with PWA??

It does work. but I am not sure how. I don't know if you want to go back to the drawing board but osCMax already has PWA and BTS pre-installed. You can install osCMax and aleviate alot of your struggles, but you will have to atart from scratch, ut it shouldn't be that big of a deal if you've already started working with BTS. The only issue is making other contributions fit into BTS as is my question on the last page.

Edited by PropioWeb

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

Where's the templates for the modules? I mean the upcoming products, new products etc. infoboxes that appear on the index etc.

I can't seem to figure out where to edit their appearances, although I can see that it's possible based on the templates available by default.

Where's the templates for the modules? I mean the upcoming products, new products etc. infoboxes that appear on the index etc.

I can't seem to figure out where to edit their appearances, although I can see that it's possible based on the templates available by default.

IN the content folder.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

I think it might your Currencies info box. First go to column_right.php and comment it out to see what happens. If it fixes it I think your width is too large. See the width attribute in the currencies TD, the rest of the td's width are set to 200.

<td width="266" bgcolor="#555555" class="boxText" align="center"><form name="currencies" action="http://djclifton.com/catalog/product_info.php" method="get"><select name="currency" onChange="this.form.submit();"><option value="USD" SELECTED>US Dollar</option><option value="EUR">Euro</option><option value="GBP">Pound</option></select><input type="hidden" name="cPath" value="1_4"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="1"></form></td>

HTH

Sorry to say, but, that didn't do anything.

I'm gonna try that OsCMax, maybe it might work on that. We'll see. Plus I really don't want to have to manually edit all the PHP files to get PWA working.

Cheers

humet

If you don't mind, can you tell me which template file. The file named "products_new" is for the new products page, not for the infobox. So which one is it?

There are no separate templates for those infoboxes unfortunately, you will need to modify the box class for that (includes/classes/boxes.php)

(or write some other alternative code for it).

There are no separate templates for those infoboxes unfortunately, you will need to modify the box class for that (includes/classes/boxes.php)

(or write some other alternative code for it).

Then how come those boxes appear differently with each of the supplied templates in BTS?

To be more specific, where's the code that tells the class to display or not to display the round corner of the box in your CSS-Fluid template (or any one for that matter) ? That question has been bugging me, I just can't figure it out...

Edited by neod

Hi Haydur,

all differences between the templates on how those "large center boxes" appear, are done by different stylesheet settings per template. Even much more is possible using css only, but to do it right and to really change the layout for example, changes to the box class are needed.

A quite easy hack to have some more control over these boxes would be to surround these by a div having a CSS class and/or id assigend (by adding the divs to the appr. places in the content/ templates). That way the styling becomes easyer and more powerfull (you need to know some CSS of course).

The corner gifs are not removed but only hidden, since I didn't feel like making changes to the core for this, at the time I created the templates (long time ago :) ).

look for something like this in the stylesheet(s):

/* hide corner gif's */
td.infoBoxHeading img {
display: none;
}

Edited by PandA.nl

Hello Paul.

Saddened for my Englishman.

I test the version 1.5e, (which is very well good idea :thumbsup: ), but me does not include the following line =>

<?php if (bts_select('stylesheets', $PHP_SELF)) { // if a specific stylesheet exists for this page it will be loaded ?>

In my "main_page.tpl.php"

I made well the directory templates/your_template_dir/stylesheets / shipping.css

How is that it works.

Thank you

Pcamille

IEUFLR2000

He Philippe,

so you are still a BTS fan ? :D

<?php if (bts_select('stylesheets', $PHP_SELF)) { // if a specific stylesheet exists for this page it will be loaded ?>

:blush:

that's an error, it should read:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheets', $PHP_SELF)); // BTSv1.5f ?>">
<?php } ?>

corrected and uploaded as update v1.5f

Hi Paul,

sorry, I've got a bit lost in amongst all the updates! I'm changing from 1.4 to 1.5, em, what update do I use? Is it okay to just use v1.5d update or do I need any of the later ones?

Thanks

and also thanks for the great contrib! :thumbsup:

sorry, I've got a bit lost in amongst all the updates! I'm changing from 1.4 to 1.5, em, what update do I use?

I can see what you mean, it's not as clear as I thought/hoped it would be.

The 1.5 updates only contain the latest changed files, and are only to be used on top of the previous full 1.5 version.

To upgrade from v1.4 the best way to go is to download the latest full version first (currently BTSv1.5d), and apply (=copy) the 1.5f update after installing or upgrading to 1.5d. The full 1.5 versions include upgrade instructions for 1.4 to 1.5.

Edited by PandA.nl

I've just installed BTS v1.5f over a virgin installation of osCommerce 2.2-ms2, on Windows 2003 Advanced Server with IIS, using PHP 5.0.3 and MySQL 4.1.7-nt.

After installation of BTS whenever product_info.php?products_id=XX is called the product info shows "Product not found!" and the page title is prefixed with "- ?0.00".

Also, I've just noticed that all the Categories are failing to display in the Categories box.

I seem to have solved the "Product not found!" issue by adding into /catalog/includes/application_top.php my fix for working with PHP 5.0.3 documented in my post No Language Text in Admin console

// added to support PHP 5.0.x by TJ (add at or before line 25)

$HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET; $HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;

There are still issues with the Categories box being empty, and I've found when switching to the fallback template the Categories and Manufacturers boxes lose their box-borders and formattin.

I'm hacking about to try and fix this, but at the time of writing you can see the store with these issues at Phwoarrr Store

Hi TJ,

I've just installed BTS v1.5f over a virgin installation of osCommerce 2.2-ms2, on Windows 2003 Advanced Server with IIS, using PHP 5.0.3 and MySQL 4.1.7-nt.

Unfortunately the current osCommerce version (2.2ms2) is not compatible with both PHP5.x and MySQL4.1x, so this is not a BTS problem but an ms2 problem.

One of the problems is that $HTTP_POST_VARS and $HTTP_GET_VARS are depricated, and support for it is disabled by default in PHP5.

I tried to start a dicussion about this once but didn't get any feedback. I might release a PHP5 contribution soon (not because I'm an expert on the subject, only because nobody else seems to be prepared to do it, and we really do need a spot to gather and spread the info ).

Edited by PandA.nl