• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BTSv1.2 Support

paulm2003

This is a support thread about the BTSv1.2

Set this up because, allthough the code hasn't changed much, the functionality has.

(questions about older version welcome to)

If anybody is interested in the Search Box Enhanchement (contrib 1480) or the Catagory Descriptions(contrib 1373) for the BTS, there are very easy installation files for for both available! (for use over clean osC2.2MS2+BTS1.2 install)

Some BTSv1-1 issues are already discussed here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=264563

About the initial BTS release (mostly about bugs which all have been solved a long time ago):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=197322

The BTSv1.2 announcement:

( http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=280945 )

Main new features of the BTSv1.2 version:
1) easy template switching:

a] develop new templates and show/view them anywhere where you have internet connection, to anyone you want to show them to,  without bothering the costumers with your experiments

b] switch templates through admin (you created before) whenever you like (i.e. a Christmas theme, or any other new design)

c] let the visitors switch template with a single click!

d] easyly put your shop offline if needed, using a "Sorry whe're Closed" template (switch Default Template Dir in admin)

2) easy setup of new infobox templates (small side boxes), only create the file, no need for any defines etc.

The original BTS, is created by Brenden Vickery, and is a template structure for osC2.2MS2. It allows you for example to change the site wide look of your store by editting only one template file. Another template file enables you to change the look of all small infoboxes in on go, you can also easyly use different templates for each box if you like now.

Four templates are included

* original osC

* CSS main layout (set as default)

* One Table main layout

* simple "Sorry we're Closed" template

have fun :)

download (later tonight) at: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1263

demo at:

http://www.eeweb.nl/osc-bts/

Paul

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ed,

Had to change 'css' to 'CSS' in line 510 of application_top.php
You are right (I changed the directory names just before the upload). It should not happen if you load the "BTS.sql" into the database before you start the script. Line 510, 511 and 512 are only there to make it work (most of it) even if the sql isn't loaded.

Looks great, my first time with BTS. Looks to make my life easier.

Thanks,

Glad you like it to, actually 95% of credits should go to Brenden Vickery he did all the hard work when he made the first BTS version.

Paul

Edited by paulm2003

Hello,

I did install this contrubution and is working fine but i need some help about several things.

What i want to do is to put the 2 litle flags where you put currencies at the top right of the page. How can i do this?

Also if you can tell me how tu replace header navigation bar for a graphical one or where do i have to do those changes?

The other thing is that i'm getting problem intalling some other contributions on top of this one like table.headers2.2 and ShoppingCartBoxEnhancement_v12 and categories colapse.

Can you tell me or tell us how to fix other contributions to work with yours?

Thanks for shuch a nice cotribution and help provided.

Mauro :D

Hi Mauro,

you are asking much here, I don't know all of it yet, but I"ll try to explain some.

put the 2 litle flags where you put currencies at the top right of the page. How can i do this?
You can take a look at "templates/CSS/boxes/currencies.tpl.php", for the flags (languages.tpl.php), something simular should be possible. I.e. save the existing currencies box template as "languages.tpl.php" and edit that file a bit to position the box (it uses absolute CSS positioning, that was a quick way for me to put it there).

Also if you can tell me how tu replace header navigation bar for a graphical one or where do i have to do those changes?
Don't know how to create a graphical bar but a graphical background you could set in the stylesheet.

example code:

div#headerBarCSS {
background: #fee662 url(images/background.jpg) repeat-x;
}

You also need a nice background image of course (1px wide). The included One Table layout uses a bar background like this for the infoboxes, you also can take a look at that code for an example.

Can you tell me or tell us how to fix other contributions to work with yours?
Not exactly, you have to see what files/code are altered by the other contributions and do the changes manually if needed. Changes to the shopping box cart code could be added to the "catalog/inludes/boxes/shopping_cart.php" file (code), but also to a (new) template "templates/CSS/boxes/shopping_cart.tpl.php" (HTML/output). Since I do not know these contribs, I can't exactly tell.

Hope this helpes a bit,

If you want to know more about the postioning/template of the languages box please ask, but about the other contributions I am afraid I can't help you.

Paul

What i want to do is to put the 2 litle flags where you put currencies at the top right of the page. How can i do this?

Hi Mauro,

I posted an explanation/example at (tips and tricks, since it's more about CSS, the BTS only makes it easyer to implement) :

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=285043

Hey Paul,

I am sorry for posting in the wrong thread...

If you see the website, it already has many contributions that took me long to install. So do you think it would still be possible to install the contribution? I would really like to modify the layout with a different look. Any idea on what I could do?

Just in case here is the link to the website I am designing:

LG-Livart

I appreciate any available help that I could get from anyone regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Dark

I am sorry for posting in the wrong thread...
No problem, it only is a bit confusing to have more than one thread for support so we better use this one.

it already has many contributions that took me long to install.  So do you think it  would still be possible to install the contribution?
Very difficult to say, I like your site as it is but I can't really see what contribs you have installed. And I don't know much about other contribs than the ones I use myself so..... I only can tell you that I think it will be very difficult to install the BTS on top of a heavyly modded osC store, but I never tried, so I'm not even sure about that. Installing the BTS first and install contribs later is not to difficult most of the time I think (having some PHP knowledge, but I'm far from being a proff).

If you want to try a fresh install after all: I have just released some BTS-addons (it includes the login/account box as I see on your site)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1768

If I haven't made to much errors, 4 out of the 5 included contributions should be quite easy to install (don't know anything about no.5).

Any idea on what I could do?
Did you already try the BTS on a test install and play with it? If I where you I would do that first to see if you really like it much better than a "normal" osC installation. And if you like it, try to install some other contribution, to see how far you get. It will cost you time, but you will probaly learn from it so the time won't really be wasted :) .

(arghhh, I really have to go to bed now 02:00 a.m. here, and have to get up early :( )

Good luck!

bye

Thanks for you response paul,

I will be using some other website as a gineapig so I will test your contribution.

The contributions that I have running are:

Dynamic MoPics

Separate Pricing per Costumer

Login Box

Center Shop

I think those are the heavy ones... The rest are just minor...

I could just use the stylesheets to modify the background of the boxes and so on. I am not sure if it is possible. I will be checking though....

Good Night and I hope I get to chat to you tomorrow.

The contributions that I have running are:

Dynamic MoPics Don't know

Separate Pricing per Costumer Don't know, sounds interesting for me to, please tell me if you get it working on the BTS!

Login Box No problem, included in BTS addons as said.

Center Shop Don't know the contrib, but it only takes minutes to center the standard osC layout with the BTS (the CSS and One Table templates are centered already)

To change the width to any size you like, the standard osC template is the easyest to modify at the moment I think, because it is has a fluid design (but you will still have all nested tables).

The One Table Layout is very simple, you can use it as a start point if you don't like nested tables or total CSS layout.

The CSS layout allows you things like positioning block elements and use CSS hovers. Use it if you like CSS, it can be real fun. But beware of (mostley MS IE) browser bugs, and forget about NN4.

Edited by paulm2003

• 2 weeks later...

Good News,

I am happy to report that I have install the contribution on another site and it works. I was having some problems with the installation, but it is fixed now.

I suggest for anyone installing a New BTS 1.2 just to upload the files in the correspondent directories and upload the bts.sql. Don't forget to make the directory content inside the templates folder and that would be it. You don't have to do anything else to any file.

I believe Paul will make another install file to explain it in more detail.

Thanks Paul for all your help,

Dark.

sorry about my english. it is not very well.

first of all, i had a problem with the installation of bts in tow ways, but i have fixed it so just for your information:

after installing there was a error message like this:

Warning: main(templates/CSS/TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

it is not the same error wich appear if u do not install the bts.sql or do not change css -> CSS- i had to include the configure_bts directley in the index.php ( require('includes/configure_bts.php');) although, it is includet in the application_top yet. i think it is a server specific problem.

my new problem is that i don?t can or i don?t know how to design the infoboxes. if i make changes to \catalog\templates\CSS\boxes\box.tpl.php or \catalog\templates\CSS\boxes\currencies.tpl.php it does not take affect on the design. do you know how can i fix this?

plz help!!!!

Hi trixta,

i had to include the configure_bts directley in the index.php (  require('includes/configure_bts.php');) although, it is includet in the application_top yet. i think it is a server specific problem
I think this and you other problem relate somehow. I can't imagine that if configure_bts.php really is loaded in application_top.php how it is possible (whatever server you use, unless it has a strange bug) that TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE is not defined.

I have to ask you these questions (because all other problems where related to things like this until now):

Are you using MS2 or MS1?

Are you sure you copied everything into in the right directories?

Does the shop look like the demo i setup, or does it still have the old osC look?

Did you use an older BTS version on the same shop before?

hi,

i have fixed the second problem too. it was a very personell problem, cause i?m working on a fresh installed operating system and my ftp client was missconfigured and has not overwritten files in subdirectories.

about the first problem:

i am using the newst bts and new ms2. your changes in the template are visibel. but this problem is fixed with this workaround, i told and i think it is a very server specific problem so no need to worry about it.

You indeed have to make changes to the code for these. I.e. adding CSS classes or id's to the box class (php) so you can style using CSS. Or rewrite/replace the box class? :) , certainly not impossible but....who is going to do it?

Uploaded an update for the CSS and OneTable template yesterday.

There was a problem a.o. writing reviews using these templates.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1263

The update also describes how to set the width of the text area fields, which can be usefull (depends on your template if you need it).

And just for the fun it also includes an "Automatic Templates Menu", automaticly creates links to template directories except for directories starting with and underscrore ("_"). So you can still have your secret template dir's too.

i do not find a template to change design for product listing is there a template structure for the modules in process or not???

it would be very nice, if i can make changes for these things in a template.

Hi zsu,

I assume you are talking about "catalog/modules/product_listing.php", I am afraid there isn't a template for that table. But I am not sure if template would be very usefull, it is just a table in which the products are listed. You can style the table using the stylesheet if you like.

Do you want the product listing to be something else than a table, or is it something else you want?

Paul

Can anyone help me with this install? I am running Max with the BTS. What files do I need to modify in BTS to get this to work?

Google ROI Tracking - here is the mod that is necessary:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0entry240251

I have tried and tried, but I just cannot get this to work.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Burke