• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easypopulate not working

I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get easypopulate to work.

If I use the upload function, the only staus returned is this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /localservices/phpupload/phpBMJ4UC

User filename: MinkaLavery.txt

Size: 35247

But no records are added.

I don't see anything wrong with the data or the configuration options (I did set the max categories to 2). My client is all ticked that I havent been able to get his data loaded yet and has a dozen spreadhseets waiting for me. I am really stuck. I can provide a link to the text file or I have pasted in two sample records below. I could really use a hand figuring this one out.

Here is a sample of my data:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price Wholesale Cost v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1687-14 1687.jpg 3 Light ceiling flushmount with Alabaster glass shade <br> Nutmeg metal finish. "Calavera Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width: 22.5"" x Height: 12.5""<br>Lamps:3 x 60Watt Medium Base" none $263.89 $203.92 $119.95 0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

466-63 466.jpg Single Light ceiling flushmount with etched Marble glass <br>Nouveau Bronze metal finish. "Nouveau Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width:11"" x Height:7.375"" <br> Lamps:1 x 60Watt Medium Base." none $36.30 $28.05 $16.50 0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Kerry

I had a similar problem getting EP going and one of the problems turned out to be the temp path was not correct. Is your temp directory in the same place as stated in your easypopulate.php file?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

As far as I can tell that is correct. I am using /catalog/temp and it has all the right permissions on it. Does easypopulate delete the file when it is done with it? If so, maybe I could comment out that line and look in the directory and see if the file is making it there. Obviously I am totally open to suggestions at this point.

-Kerry

After taking your suggestion, I tried creating downloadable files, and nothing would appear in my temp directory. Also uploading a file does not have it go into the temp directory.

osCommerce is pretty much a stock install as is easypopulate. I created a catalog/temp folder with 777 permissions. But it does not seem that the $tempdir even though it is set to /catalog/temp/ is reading from the correct location.

I am well versed in ASP but not PHP so troubleshooting this is causing premature graying of my head.

I am well versed in ASP but not PHP so troubleshooting this is causing premature graying of my head.

Ha, I know just how you feel. :) The following link is the thread I started when I had the same problem. The suggestions given helped me find the answer. Take a look at it and see if it helps. Before you do that though, be sure you have some item already in your catalog. From my reading somewhere on these forums, I think I recall there being a problem if at least one entry doesn't already exist. Also, EP doesn't delete the files from temp in answer to your question. You can also ftp the file to catalog/temp directly and then use the Import from temp directory option to load it. Hang in there. EP is one of the best contributions, IMO, and it works quite well once you get it working. ;)

Thread

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Change the tempdir to /temp. The base changed to include catalog/. If you print your file path, it most likely has two catalog/s in it, i.e. /home/you/catalog/catalog/temp when it should be /home/you/catalog/temp (replace /home/you as appropriate).

ASP? Your problem is that troubleshooting PHP is so much easier that you don't realise how simple it would be. Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it. I like to sprinkle some output around, so that I know to what variables are being set. Like I said in this case, it would probably show that the file path has too many catalogs.

Hth,

Matt

Thats exactly what I did was add more echo statements to try to figure out where it was dieing. When that didn't pan out I had it display RealPath so I could figure out where it was going and sure enough there was two catalog/ entries. Once I removed one it worked.

It sure made my life easier having an import utility like this. Hats off to the developers.

KerryG