• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disappearing Info Boxes

inetchoices

All of a sudden my info boxes, like categories, disappear at random and then reappear when clicking through the site.

I have no idea how to fix this. I've checked both of my column_left and column_right php files and can't find out why this is happening.

I've checked it every browser available for Windows and Mac and it happens in all of them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix?

Any help appreciated. Here is my site link.

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

Oh... is there no one who knows why my left hand column is going all ghostie on me?

This has to be really annoying for my customers :( I can't for the life of me figure out what is happening.

Please.. anyone?

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

I noticed you posted on my problem with disappearing categories.

My resolve was with the cache check your settings in adminpanel for cache and try with cache off

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Blah.. sorry.. my fault!!

I forgot to post that I had resolved the problem.

It appears that the cache settings I followed in the Tips and Tricks section was either done incorrectly on my part.. or won't work with my web host.

By disabling the cache under Configuration and then by resetting the cached files under Tools -> Cache Control, my problem is resolved.

Thank you for looking at my site, though. I should have reported the fix sooner. It's been over 2 hours :(

Khim~

Steve:

Yes, I followed your post and resolved my issue using what you did. I just turned the cache setting to false.

Thanks for reporting your problem and helping me fix mine :-)

Khim~

Archived