• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unroutable mail domain

Hi all,

Really need some help!

i have a new OSC install and everything is working wel except i just realised that no one else can recieve emails in there mail server is not the same as mine. the website is located on a apache server and is located here:

www.inquisitivemind.com.au/musclegenesis

for those that are interested.

I search all over the forums bout couldnt really find a fix.

I also spoke to my hosting company and they suggest that its because the script is running as "nobody" which is not allowed. Anyone know how to change this?

Any help would be really appreciated!

What kind of Server is your site Hosted on, Linux or Windows?

Also, what kind of mail services does your Host provide for you?

Do they have SendMail installed?

What are your current settings for E-Mail in osCommerce?

-R

What kind of Server is your site Hosted on, Linux or Windows?

Also, what kind of mail services does your Host provide for you?

Do they have SendMail installed?

What are your current settings for E-Mail in osCommerce?

-R

Hi thanks for offering your help :P

The server is running Linux 2.4.20-24.8

it appears that both sendmail and smtp are installed.

you can check in more detail here:

http://uluru.myownserver.net/phpinfo.php

i think ive tried every combination of setttings in oscommerce but currently there set to:

E-Mail Transport Method: sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds: LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails: false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS: false

Send E-Mails: true

Send To A Friend - Control ON/OFF: true

Thanks hope youcan help!

Hi Randy,

I got your test email, it does work if i send it to myself or to any other domain hosted on the same server but the trouble comes when i try to send it to other domains not hosted on the server. when i searched for a solution on these forums it looks like this is a common problem but no one really explained the solution

P.s. i searched for "Unroutable mail domain"

Am I correct in assuming that we are talking about sending email from the Store Admin?

Since your site can successfully send email in certain situations and not others, it would be helpful to know the areas in which email is NOT working.

Are Customers getting order and account creation confirmations?

In the Store Admin, can you select a Customer and send an email successfully?

Newsletters?

Have you installed any contributions that would effect sending email in the Store Admin? Or in the Catalog?

Sorry for all the questions, its kind of difficult to diagnose an issue when the patient says, "I have this pain right here Doc, what do you think it is?"

Thanks.

-R

Hey Doc

Could the pain be in admin panel store owner email and extra emails

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Edwin,

I had the same problem about two weeks ago. I tried fix within osC with no success. Finally, I made complaints to my site host claiming their email server/sendmail program had hole to fix. They spent couple days dig into their software and found the hole and fixed it for good. Unfortunately, I didn't get the details of how to fix it. I suspect you have the same case and can demand your host to fix it immediately. Hope this helps. Good luck.

KF

This is a relaying error. Essentially, your host will be configured to accept all mail to domains on the server but only send mail from certain addresses. You need them to allow your web pages to send emails. It would be sufficient for this to work from your STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS.

One thing that you might be able to do yourself is make sure that it is setting the FROM header properly. When the store sends you an email, is it sending from the email address you set in admin? Or a different address?

Hth,

Matt

Archived