• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Computer Creator v9 Support

sw45859

i fiddled till clicked add to cart but left it at that just so i thought i'd save bogus orders coming through lol , hows cools that you got it to bounce a sms to you're mobile!! nice job!!... :D

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fiddled till clicked add to cart but left it at that just so i thought i'd save bogus orders coming through lol , hows cools that you got it to bounce a sms to you're mobile!! nice job!!... :D

Getting OSC to txt me was real easy, I just added my Orange email to the admin list of who to email when orders etc occur and then on the Orange website I just ticked the option to txt me whenever I'm emailed. I'm sure other mobile network operators offer this feature too.

The cool feature is that I then have the option of downloading the email to my mobile and even cooler is that I have modded OSC to include the type of order and value in the subject which I can see in the txt alert.

Carbon

Edited by Carbon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I got this PM from mribeiro and I thought it might helps others so I'm posting it here...

Hi carbon

I've tested your site and the design is suberb, I'm tryindg to customize my CCC but I've some problems that i can resolv for my self, and with this messsage i hope that you can give some ideas.

The problems that I have on CCC is that when the client passes from the sheckout_custom page to the shopping cart page, the price that is displayed on the Shopping cart is 0.00, but in the buid shows the corrrect price.

The other problem is that the client only receives the email confirmation with the name of configuration, and not is description.

The pending orders table seems to be empty, nothing is added to that table.

This is the problems that i'm trieng to solve to put my site onlin.

Could you give some help on these matters.

Hi,

1: NO PRICE IN SHOPPING CART. This is probably due to not setting up tax in OSC, as a test try hard-wiring a price into custom_checkout.php to see if it shows up in the shopping cart...

Find in custom_checkout.php around line 72...

$message .= '</table>'; 
if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'confirm'){  

and temp replace with

$message .= '</table>'; 

$products_total=999;

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'confirm'){

If your next test custom pc shows up in the shopping cart with a price of 999 we know that build is working and that it is a tax, warranty or build cost issue. If the test doesn't work then it's a form rendering issue, let me know the result of the test and I'll see what can be done.

2: EMAIL DOESN'T HAVE BUILD PARTS LIST. Ok the parts list is stored as a plain text description in a newly created product, so the first test for you is to determine the products_id of your last test custom pc (you should be able to get this from the hypertext url (status bar) when hovering over the "Edit" build button (if not let me know). Once you have this id try injecting it into the product_info.php page as if you were viewing a normal product. Now the test is... is the parts list in the description part of the page? If yes then we know that the custom pc parts list (description) is being correctly written to the database, if not then the problem either lies with the creation of said description (custom_checkout.php) or the actual email text composition (checkout_process.php)... let me know results of test.

3: PENDING BUILDS PAGE DOESN'T WORK. The following modifications should fix this page...

In admin/pending.php around line 62 find...

<?php echo tep_draw_form('clean', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CCC_PENDING, 'action=clean'));?>

and replace it with...

<?php echo tep_draw_form('clean', FILENAME_CCC_PENDING, 'action=clean');?>

around line 87 find...

$pending_query = tep_db_query('select op.products_name, op.orders_id, o.orders_id, o.customers_name from ccc_pending cp, orders_products op, orders o where op.products_name = "Custom Computer" && op.orders_id = o.orders_id && cp.orders_id = o.orders_id && cp.orders_status != "3"');

and replace with...

$pending_query = tep_db_query('select op.products_model, op.orders_id, o.orders_id, o.customers_name from ccc_pending cp, orders_products op, orders o where op.products_model = "Custom" && op.orders_id = o.orders_id && cp.orders_id = o.orders_id && cp.orders_status != "3"');

Thanks for the feedback

Carbon

Thanks alot mate , i will try and mod this changes you wrote and play with it a little.

Thanks alot man , i don't need the stuff do be writing in my DB it's not a problem.

Thanks alot man.

Hi I'm tring to do the same thing that is to put a text box for quantity in front of the drop down list for how do you do it, I've revised the code and I can't find the solution.

Can you help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance

Edited by mribeiro

Hi I'm tring to do the same thing that is to put a text box for quantity in front of the drop down list for how do you do it, I've revised the code and I can't find the solution.

Can you help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance

Hi Mribeiro,

As you're probably aware, I have suggested how to achieve this goal in other posts. The answers and suggestions that I posted assumed a level of php coding that may be higher than your level. If you need a little help I'll do what I can. so perhaps you can elaborate on which bits elude you.

Carbon

PS: Just out of curiosity, how many of you want the "radio buttons instead of drop down menu <select>" ?

Hi Mribeiro,

As you're probably aware, I have suggested how to achieve this goal in other posts. The answers and suggestions that I posted assumed a level of php coding that may be higher than your level. If you need a little help I'll do what I can. so perhaps you can elaborate on which bits elude you.

Carbon

PS: Just out of curiosity, how many of you want the "radio buttons instead of drop down menu <select>" ?

Hi Carbon

My problem with the quantity box is, where hi should put the code, inside the get parts function in custom_computer.php or in the build.php near the get_parts_fucntion?

And what function should be fired after a change is made in the quantity box?

Another thing is passing this information along to the next files (custom_chekout.php and so on).

Could you give me some guidance in this matter.

In the past I've another problem with the total price don't pass to the custom_chekout.php file, and to solve it I've lost 2 weeks.

So because that I'm asking you some clues and ideas where should I start the modifications, preventing my self from being lost on the code, and to mess with it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and pacience.

Hi Carbon

My problem with the quantity box is, where hi should put the code, inside the get parts function in custom_computer.php or in the build.php near the get_parts_fucntion?

And what function should be fired after a change is made in the quantity box?

Another thing is passing this information along to the next files (custom_chekout.php and so on).

Could you give me some guidance in this matter.

In the past I've another problem with the total price don't pass to the custom_chekout.php file, and to solve it I've lost 2 weeks.

So because that I'm asking you some clues and ideas where should I start the modifications, preventing my self from being lost on the code, and to mess with it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and pacience.

Hi Mribeiro,

Here's some (untested) code to get you started...

1: In build.php, locate the following around line 110...

<td class="infoBoxContents" width="80%" colspan="4"><div id="drop<?php echo $i;?>"><?php echo tep_get_parts_list('new'. $i, $count['cat_id'], ${'new' . $i}, $systype, $fsb);?></div></td>

... and replace with...

<td class="infoBoxContents" width="10%"><input type="text" size="2" maxlength="2" id="itemqty<?php echo $count;?>" name="itemqty<?php echo $count;?>" value="1"></td>
	<td class="infoBoxContents" width="70%" colspan="3"><div id="drop<?php echo $i;?>"><?php echo tep_get_parts_list('new'. $i, $count['cat_id'], ${'new' . $i}, $systype, $fsb);?></div></td>

2: In java.php, locate the following around line 161...

echo "var _y" . $j . " = eval(_x" . $j . ")\n";

... and replace with...

echo "var itemqty" . $j . " = document.builds.itemqty" . $j . ".getAttribute(\"value\")\n";
echo "var _y" . $j . " = eval(_x" . $j . ")*itemqty" . $j . "\n";

3: In custom_checkout.php, locate the following around line 50...

$message .= '<tr><td class="smallText">' . $count['cat_name'] . ':</td><td class="smallText">' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['new' . $i] .'</td></tr>';

... and replace with...

$message .= '<tr><td class="smallText">' . $count['cat_name'] . ':</td><td class="smallText">' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['itemqty' . $i] .'×' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['new' . $i] .'</td></tr>';

That should be enought to start with but like I said, I haven't tested it as I don't have a "default" instalation online. The only prob I can see is that item quantities will be reset to 1 if the customer edits the build after it has been added to the shopping cart.

Good luck

Carbon

hello,

Is there anyone who uses this on a live site? I would like to see a demo of how this works from the frontend.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

My site isn't live yet but if you want to see what can be done with CCC then click the following link and click the big "CUSTOMISE" button...

Microbuild Online Order System

Regards

Carbon

hi,

I have installed the contrib now, and it seems to work, but once i go on to put the system in my cart, my cart shows empty.

So what i do is selecting each part. The total amount is correct and on top is a list of my configuration. I click on submit form, i come to the page that correctly mentions all parts i have selected, then i click add to cart, but my cart shows up empty. What could be wrong?

thanks!

Matt

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

hi,

I have installed the contrib now, and it seems to work, but once i go on to put the system in my cart, my cart shows empty.

So what i do is selecting each part. The total amount is correct and on top is a list of my configuration. I click on submit form, i come to the page that correctly mentions all parts i have selected, then i click add to cart, but my cart shows up empty. What could be wrong?

thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the positive feedback above. Have you set the V.A.T. (Tax) rate? There's a bit of code that basically takes the total value of your build (custom pc) and multiplies it by the tax rate just before the build gets added to the shopping cart so if the tax rate is 0 (zero)... £999 X 0 = 0.

In the admin panel of OSC click the "Locations / Taxes" menu in the left panel and configure the tax rate.

Good luck

Carbon

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the positive feedback above. Have you set the V.A.T. (Tax) rate? There's a bit of code that basically takes the total value of your build (custom pc) and multiplies it by the tax rate just before the build gets added to the shopping cart so if the tax rate is 0 (zero)... £999 X 0 = 0.

In the admin panel of OSC click the "Locations / Taxes" menu in the left panel and configure the tax rate.

Good luck

Carbon

hello,

Tax rates were already set up. It is not that my cart shows an amount of 0, the computer system i add is simply not listed in the cart and my cart shows that there are no products in the cart.

Matthias Thoen

hello,

Tax rates were already set up. It is not that my cart shows an amount of 0, the computer system i add is simply not listed in the cart and my cart shows that there are no products in the cart.

ok it works now. In the CCC admin, the default CCC status should be set to 1. Don't know what this setting means, but it works.

Matthias Thoen

Hi,

I have another question.

In the CCC admin, you can determine a default built price, but this is not added to the total when i add a system to my cart. Also i have the "show option to built computers" to yes, but this does not seem to change anything (also nothing appears on built.php).

How can i make this work?

thanks!

Matt

Matthias Thoen

Hi,

I have another question.

In the CCC admin, you can determine a default built price, but this is not added to the total when i add a system to my cart. Also i have the "show option to built computers" to yes, but this does not seem to change anything (also nothing appears on built.php).

How can i make this work?

thanks!

Matt

ok, it seems that the value does not update when i update it in the admin. This affects both the option to show the built and the option to show the warranty. All other options are updatable via the admin, only those 2 do not update. What should i change?

Matthias Thoen

hello,

Sorry i am back again, but i cant seem to edit existing posts.

Now i have just discovered that every time i build a system, that this is added as a new product in the database. Very annoying, but if i turn this function out, it does not add to the cart. How can i get around this?

thanks!

Matt

Matthias Thoen

hello,

Sorry i am back again, but i cant seem to edit existing posts.

Now i have just discovered that every time i build a system, that this is added as a new product in the database. Very annoying, but if i turn this function out, it does not add to the cart. How can i get around this?

thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

I looked at the "build price" and "warranty" during early development and came to the conclusion that it was a bit buggy (in my case it was incorrectly calculating tax) and seeing as I didn't need them I didn't investigate further so I won't be able to assist directly, however... thinking outside of the box, you could just create a fake product called "build" and have build.php add it to the total cost just like a normal component.

This method would also allow you to offer variants like "build with/without cable management" etc and would also allow you to offer further information from the "More Info" button. You could also offer different types of warranty ( 1, 2 and 3 years etc) so I think it would be a much better solution than a single radio button.

Hope this helps

Carbon

EDIT: Ref your problem with custom builds showing up as new products in OSC, which has cropped many times before... What you will need to do is first identify all pages that are effected and then find the bit of code that displays the product and use something like this...

if ($products[$i]['model'] != "Custom"){

Enclose the product rendering code here

}

The $products bit might not be correct (depends on the page) so you will have to determine what the code loop is referencing.

Edited by Carbon

ok thanks, both solutions should work OK.

An easier way to have the systems not show up as a product, it to simply add the following in the WHERE clause of the queries:

products_model <> 'Custom'

I did this in:

modules/products_new.php

boxes/whats_new.php

products_new.php

boxes/bestsellers.php

Other thing:

I notice that every system that makes it into the cart, gets into the table ccc_system_edit, regardless if it is ultimately bought or not. This table does not seem to empty and i do not see a reason why past systems shoud stay there. Is there a workaround for this?

Matthias Thoen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carbon

Your code information work just fine, thanks for yur help.

Now I found another little problem, when i pass the information from custom_checkout.php to shopping_cart.php, the total values from the build, is greater than the totals of the build plus the tax.These problem only happens with custom computer, the other regular products the totals are correct.

I think that the problem lies on the about line 188 of the shopping_cart.php.

$currencies->display_price

But I can't understand very well that part of code, specialy the relation bettween the currencies variavel and that function dsplay_price, and in what file is located the fuction.

This problem repeats through the rest of the process of the order.

If you could bring me some light in this matter I will be greatful.

Thanks onceagain your cooperation and pacience.

Edited by mribeiro

Hi Carbon

Your code information work just fine, thanks for yur help.

Now I found another little problem, when i pass the information from custom_checkout.php to shopping_cart.php, the total values from the build, is greater than the totals of the build plus the tax.These problem only happens with custom computer, the other regular products the totals are correct.

I think that the problem lies on the about line 188 of the shopping_cart.php.

$currencies->display_price

But I can't understand very well that part of code, specialy the relation bettween the currencies variavel and that function dsplay_price, and in what file is located the fuction.

This problem repeats through the rest of the process of the order.

If you could bring me some light in this matter I will be greatful.

Thanks onceagain your cooperation and pacience.

Hi Mribeiro,

Whenever I get stuck like this I follow the "code path" from it's source to the target page and place javascript alerts along the way to test for things like correct variables.

So in this case the code begins in build.php with...

<input type="hidden" name="Total" id="Total">

...around line 227 (notice the capital T in Total), so to check what's in there I would place the following bit of temp code somewhere on the page...

<a href="java script: alert(document.getElementById('Total'))">TEST</a>

Once you have confirmed that the expected value is present we then continue to follow the "code route" to custom_checkout.php. The "Total" variable is injected into custom_checkout.php around line 55 with...

$products_total = $HTTP_POST_VARS['Total'];

...so again place some temp checking code like...

echo $products_total;

...and again check to see if the value is the same as it was in build.php.

The next thing that happens to the variable (now a php string $products_total) is it gets manipulated if you have "Build" and/or "Warranty" enabled so make sure these are turned off, 1: because you want to keep the "code route" as clean as possible, 2: because I have experienced incorrect tax with these two items and 3: because I say so ;)

Now that "Build" and "Warranty" are disabled the next thing that happens is the variable is prepared for insertion into the database around line 81...

'products_price' => $products_total,

...and actually inserted around line 99...

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $product_array);

Nothing else happens to $products_total on this page but it would be worth putting some test code in the html body and turning build and warranty back on to see if the value is different from earlier...

<script>alert('<?php echo $products_total;?>');</script>

... my money is on build and/or warranty but if not get back to me and I'll continue with the next page shopping_cart.php

Good luck

Carbon

• 3 months later...

Hey, I get this error after a installation... I'm using STS4 also.

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/ccc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/shop/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/ccc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/shop/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

All help appreciated!