• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Computer Creator v9 Support

sw45859

Hi Glycerine (Cool handle btw),

I'm guessing that you dont have OSC (OSCommerce) or CCC (Custom Computer Configurator) installed as your question is a bit confusing. By default OSC is designed to sell individual items, so you could easily sell a single component or multiples. When you add the CCC modification it adds the ability to group products from within OSC and create a new product based on the customer's selections.

Hope that answers your question.

Carbon

Thanks for the reply. What i meant was when a customer selected all there products then clicked add to cart it would put the products as there osc product not a custom product. so instead 1 product it had 5 (cpu, mb, ram, hhd, case). But i managed to makemy own custom pc builder. I will post it once its operational.

While im here it seems you know your way around osc carbon (cool handle btw :D) how would one set up the shopping cart so that it would allow products with a negative quantity so also returning a negative price. Reason being is that i have a base system with case, psu, mb, 1gb ram, keyboard and mouse. So if a user selected a psu upgrade it would in the shopping cart display the default psu as a negative quantity and price and have the upgrade as a normal product. I can do the coding for that jsut need to know where in the shopping cart the code is for it to not remove the product if it has a negative quanity.

I hope i make sense.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i wan to change the drop down list become radio button at the os commerce windows that we display our product.

when we display and let the customer to customize the products, i wan the drop down list become radio button. can you teach me how to do.

thanks.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations.

But 3 minor problems:

1)With contribution "Next - Previous whith detailed".

PHP Error Message on product_info.php

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /********/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 273

This error happens because de "Custom" category doesn´t exist. How can I jump this error??. It could be right to create a dummy category or something????

2) After order nothing appear in "Pending Builds" in admin menu. Don´t know what is the build.

3) How can I delete builds from catalog. ( If I know the .....product_info.php?products_id=xxx).

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

More problems:

Ajax Buy Now doesn´t work with Custom Computer Creator

[custom_checkout.php]

Nothing happens when hit to add to basket.

Has somebody a fix to it???

the #3 is fixed:

1)Go to CCC Config

2)Default estatus for builds=1

3)Then go to the product en edit it.(look the products_id=xxx)

4)Put again the estatus for builds=0

then go to:

http://www.xxxxxx.com/admin/categories.php?pID=xxx&action=new_product

(change the xxx with product_info code)

If change the ref, name or description it will be deleted. But if you edit again it will maintain the description, links or other pictures.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody got working CCC+ SPPC (Separate price per customer).

I have dificults to make both working.

When adding a new Custom to the shoping cart it gets an error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shoppingCart::get_customer_group_id()

Problems with integrate these lines with SPPC:

/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

if (is_numeric($products_id) && is_numeric($qty) && ($attributes_pass_check == true)) {
$check_product_query = tep_db_query("select products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
$check_product = tep_db_fetch_array($check_product_query);
//Custom Computer Creator Begin
     if (($check_product !== false)) {
//Custom Computer Creator End  

can anyone copy&paste his code to compare???

• 11 months later...

Hello,

i'm new here and first of all i want to say that my englisch isn't so good because i'm from germany.

I running OsCommerce with ccc9.3.1 and now everything works but there is a small problem. Everytime when i build a computer, it also is displayed in new products. How can i change this? I won't that. thank you for helping.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

I have not read this complete post on this but does anyone use this add-on for other products besides computers? I have tried the custom product builder and like some of it but want to control the quantities of the items I am building. I am building custom drum sets. So pick a base drum and then you have a choice of picking the lugs, heads, hoops and claws. If my base drum requires 20 lugs and the inventory is below 20 then it will only show the lugs that are above 20. Is this possible? If anyone is using this add-on without any custom modifications for any other products could you post a link please.

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

First time poster, just downloaded and have been trying osCommerce on my test server. This CCC script is of particular interest to myself (and the sole reason for downloading osCommerce), however I'm having a hell of a time to get it running. The installation instructions were straightforward expect for

##### STEP 8. Edit /catalog/includes/column_left.php

####################################################

## FIND: (around line 25)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

## REPLACE WITH:

// BOF PC Builder

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 9) != 'compbuild') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'compbuild.php');

}

// EOF PC Builder

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

My problem -- There is no column_left.php within the catalog/includes folder! I can't edit what does not exist, and hence I'm unable to get it to display within the store front end.

The first issue to secondary (i know i listed it first) to my next problem. Upon installation I logged into the administrative console and clicked upon 'build computer' as instructed. I see the large red warning near the top claiming no database entries exist and proceeded to click the 'update' button. This produces the following error:

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_BUILDER was not found on this server.

So, I've checked to ensure that compbuild.php does indeed exist in the root of the cataloge site, and it does. And I've proceeded to double check my edits as per the installation instructions, everything that was instructed to be done has been done (except the column_left.php mentioned above). Interestingly enough, this error brings me to "http://localhost/catalog/admin/FILENAME_BUILDER?selected_box=compbuild&action=update" and if I just happen to replace "FILENAME_BUILDER" with compbuild.php and hit enter, it still provides the same error, but upon hitting back twice, it has created the tables (or so it claims). I'm not able to add additional categories or anything, and hitting the update button still continues to produce the same error.

As a side not, while attempting to add an additional category and trying my fix with replacing the 'filename_builder' with compbuild.php it has actually wiped out all the categories! Ooops lol Thank god for test servers eh!

I'm really interested in getting this to work, and if so, would be switching my site from it's current prestashop to osCommerce. Not sure how active this thread is anymore, but hoping someone has some insight to share.

Cheers,

Chizo

Edited by Chizo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello 2 all,

I have installed the CCC 9.3.1 and it also works... not perfect...but it works and my onlineshop can also be used in the meantime from my customers.

The problem I have is, that the products are not given in the shopping basket and I don't know, what I should do.

Can anyone help me? I tryed to fix this problem, but everything I saw in this topic I already made....

Thank you!!

Michael

• 10 months later...

I have a fresh install of CCC and I am getting some errors in my admin area.

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/ccc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/ccc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/ccc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

Both of these files (ccc.php and ccc_config.php) are part of the contrib so I am not sure why there is an error here. All files have been put in the proper place.

I also get these errors.

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/view_prod.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/view_prod.php on line 27

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/view_prod.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/view_prod.php on line 27

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/view_prod.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/view_prod.php on line 27

and

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/ccc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/pending.php on line 14

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/ccc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/pending.php on line 14

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/ccc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jstroh01/public_html/admin/pending.php on line 14

any help would be appreciated. I am using Darkscan's edition of the contribution if that helps. Oh and my OSC is 2.2 RC2a

Edited by stroh1jmjs

Okay here is a problem. I got the contribution working up to the point where I get to the custom_checkout.php. When I click to order, the site goes to a page with a white screen which I assume is a table with the output for the builder. There is a continue button on this page. When clicked, I am taken to a page with the following error:

1146 - Table 'jstroh01_osc.TABLE_CCC_EDIT' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_CCC_EDIT (products_id, products_included, products_build, products_warranty, products_systype, products_fsb) values ('85', '49|74|31|33|32|34|82', '0', '0', '2', '11')

[TEP STOP]

After some investigation into PHPMYADMIN I notice that this table does not exist and the query functions seem to be matching the SYSTEM_EDIT Table instead. I made the necessary change in the custom_cart.php and now I get this.

1146 - Table 'jstroh01_osc.TABLE_CCC_SYSTEM_EDIT' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_CCC_SYSTEM_EDIT (products_id, products_included, products_build, products_warranty, products_systype, products_fsb) values ('85', '49|74|31|33|32|34|82', '0', '0', '2', '11')

[TEP STOP]

Since I made the change according to the ccc_system_edit table, I know that this table exists. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or can provide me with any advice.

You can see what is happening @ http://www.silverdiskcomputers.com/ccc.php

Thanks in advance for your time.

Okay here is a problem. I got the contribution working up to the point where I get to the custom_checkout.php. When I click to order, the site goes to a page with a white screen which I assume is a table with the output for the builder. There is a continue button on this page. When clicked, I am taken to a page with the following error:

1146 - Table 'jstroh01_osc.TABLE_CCC_EDIT' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_CCC_EDIT (products_id, products_included, products_build, products_warranty, products_systype, products_fsb) values ('85', '49|74|31|33|32|34|82', '0', '0', '2', '11')

[TEP STOP]

After some investigation into PHPMYADMIN I notice that this table does not exist and the query functions seem to be matching the SYSTEM_EDIT Table instead. I made the necessary change in the custom_cart.php and now I get this.

1146 - Table 'jstroh01_osc.TABLE_CCC_SYSTEM_EDIT' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_CCC_SYSTEM_EDIT (products_id, products_included, products_build, products_warranty, products_systype, products_fsb) values ('85', '49|74|31|33|32|34|82', '0', '0', '2', '11')

[TEP STOP]

Since I made the change according to the ccc_system_edit table, I know that this table exists. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or can provide me with any advice.

You can see what is happening @ http://www.silverdiskcomputers.com/ccc.php

Thanks in advance for your time.

So TABLE_CCC_EDIT is actually defined as the system_edit table. I recorrected that but unfortunately, it is still not recognizing that database as existing. Please help

• 3 weeks later...

okay so all my issues above have been resolved to date. I now have just some general manipulation questions that would allow me to do what I want with the contribution. If there is anyone out there that has it in there heart to help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

1#

In build.php, I have taken the sysdesc div and moved it into a sidebar that I am building to display several objects basically, {Parts In System, Subtotal, and Preview Image of System}

At this point I have all working except the image preview. What I am trying to accomplish here is take several pictures from the main loop where the products would be selected and display them in a fashion that would allow the user to envision what the machine will look like once it is built. So far, I have code in to grab the pictures based on name (pics1, pics10, etc). This does display that picture in the correct location, however when it displays that picture, it does not display that image in the loop but rather it displays the default image which is nosel.jpg. I will post the code in here when I get home so that you have an idea of what I am talking about but as it stands right now you could look at my site: http://www.silverdiskcomputers.com and click on custom computers.