• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated Auction Process

HELP Please?

I've installed this contrib on a "virgin" MS2.2 with no other mods.

It's working up to the point where I tell it to get the current auctions, which it won't do, no matter what.

Changed the get_auctions.php according to all suggestions above (without the slashes before the color) and it still won't do anything.

The shop is on a shared "freebie" Server.

I have cUrl permission as such:

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.1

The message I get is:

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in

/usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/xxx/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 129

Warning:

fopen(http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=yyy&include=0&since=2&sort=3&rows=0'>http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=yyy&include=0&since=2&sort=3&rows=0):

failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in

/usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/xxx/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 129

Warning: file_get_contents():

URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/xxx/catalog/

admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 137

Warning: file_get_contents

(http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=yyy&include=0&since=2&sort=

3&rows=0): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in

/usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/xxx/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 137

Can anybody help me, please?

:blush:

Mel

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,  I've got this contribution up and running perfectly on my development server.  My production server is another story.  At first, I experienced the cookie issue described below.  I know this because I uncommented the debugging lines to see the results.

I've changed the cookie path to a directory called 'MY_FULL_FILE_PATH_TO CATALOG/tmp/'.  I know it is working because after creating the 'tmp' directory and clicking to update auctions, I can see a file called 'ebay_cookie' in that folder.

I have altered to debug code to 'die;' right after echoing the debug lines.  This returns the correct ebay information on my development server, but returns nothing on my production server.  (hosted on a shared server on GoDaddy).

When I say nothing, I mean Nothing, blank page, no errors, no nothing.  When I didn't have the cookie path correct, I at least got a result from ebay.  Not the desired result, but at least something.  Now, none of the cURL code seems to return anything.

All of this happens before the code mod from FlatCat.  So, anyone have any ideas?

-Mitch

Take a look in your database under the auction_data table. Just because the it says there are no auctions doesn't mean it didn't find them. If the items are listed there (and the products_id is 0, meaning no match on the title), then empty the database table and update again. If the title in your AAP listing is **exactly** the same as the ebay title (with no funny characters - mine didn't like the ampersand for instance) then it should now work OK.

If the page goes completely blank - nothing in the browser window at all - then I would suggest the code was corrupted somewhere. Obvious, I know, but it is surprising how many times a ";" or a "{" gets left out during a cut-and-paste.

Hope this helps

Edited by flatcat

Hi -

Thanks for your quick reply!

Take a look in your database under the auction_data table. Just because the it says there are no auctions doesn't mean it didn't find them. If the items are listed there (and the products_id is 0, meaning no match on the title), then empty the database table and update again. If the title in your AAP listing is **exactly** the same as the ebay title (with no funny characters - mine didn't like the ampersand for instance) then it should now work OK.

OK. With the original, unchanged file that came with the contrib zip package, it grabs the auctions I want and puts them in the table.

products_id is Zero.

Now, I have not made any auctions with the tool yet, could that be the problem? I want to use it to show my auctions in my shop - so I have no title in my AAP Listing. However, this all being in German and us using funny letters sometimes (?,?,?...) might that cause the problem?

Does it matter that I am on ebay.de???

I don't understand what AAP Listing title you are referring to, could you please explain? ;-)

If the page goes completely blank - nothing in the browser window at all - then I would suggest the code was corrupted somewhere. Obvious, I know, but it is surprising how many times a ";" or a "{" gets left out during a cut-and-paste.

no, no blankness ;-) It just updates and comes back and tells me that there are no auctions - having stored them in the database....

So obviously it's a problem in displaying the auctions in OSC ... me thinks. My php is rudimentary so I cannot tell where the problem might be. Emptying and updating the SQL table avails to nothing, unfortunately.

Hope you can shed more light?

Mel

Hi -

Thanks for your quick reply!

OK. With the original, unchanged file that came with the contrib zip package, it grabs the auctions I want and puts them in the table.

products_id is Zero.

Now, I have not made any auctions with the tool yet, could that be the problem? I want to use it to show my auctions in my shop  - so I have no title in my AAP Listing. However, this all being in German and us using funny letters sometimes (?,?,?...) might that cause the problem?

Does it matter that I am on ebay.de???

I don't understand what AAP Listing title you are referring to, could you please explain? ;-)

no, no blankness ;-) It just updates and comes back and tells me that there are no auctions - having stored them in the database....

So obviously it's a problem in displaying the auctions in OSC ... me thinks. My php is rudimentary so I cannot tell where the problem might be. Emptying and updating the SQL table avails to nothing, unfortunately.

Hope you can shed more light?

Mel

If the auction data is in the table, and the products_id is 0, then it means it can't match the title of the auction listing on your site with the title of the auction listing on ebay. You have to have an auction listing on your site before it can make the match, so yes, you do need to make an auction first (via the auction listings in the admin area).

Once you have made this listing you can use the tool to make the ebay listing or just do it manually (or if you already have the ebay listing done, just verify the titles are exactly the same) You should now empty your auction_data table and try again. Hopefully it should all now work. Remember, the listing must be on your site before you update or else it won't be able to match the titles.

Hope this is clear.

If the auction data is in the table, and the products_id is 0, then it means it can't match the title of the auction listing on your site with the title of the auction listing on ebay. You have to have an auction listing on your site before it can make the match, so yes, you do need to make an auction first (via the auction listings in the admin area).

Once you have made this listing you can use the tool to make the ebay listing or just do it manually (or if you already have the ebay listing done, just verify the titles are exactly the same) You should now empty your auction_data table and try again. Hopefully it should all now work. Remember, the listing must be on your site before you update or else it won't be able to match the titles.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks. There is nothing in the auction_data table either. It's not getting that far. Right now, I've got the code stopping after the first cURL block. I've got it set to echo $pre_result, then die.

This should return the ebay Sign-In page, next to my admin left nav. But nope. It's blank. Works perfectly on my dev server, but not on my prod. server. Just for kicks, I deleted everything on my production server and reinstalled. Same problem.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.  There is nothing in the auction_data table either.  It's not getting that far.  Right now, I've got the code stopping after the first cURL block.  I've got it set to echo $pre_result, then die.

This should return the ebay Sign-In page, next to my admin left nav.  But nope.  It's blank.  Works perfectly on my dev server, but not on my prod. server.  Just for kicks, I deleted everything on my production server and reinstalled.  Same problem.

Any other thoughts?

Okay, I'm getting the ebay error about my browser rejecting cookies. When I look in the folder where the ebay_cookie file should be, it is there with a modification date and time of roughly the same as when I clicked 'update' in admin. The cookie values in the file are identicle to the ones on my dev machine. what is wrong on the production server.

I have seen and done the listing oe eBay items and feedback for that matter. Bu this is a little more, right? There is an Admin side where you an enter your auction listing and that in some way makes entering the eBay auction easier? (Sorry if I am being dumb about this) and I guess it makes eBay payment easier?

Thanks to the great support of flatcat and image one i got the contribution working on my site.

The only thing i had to change was the get_auction_info.php script., since ebay changed their site again. in my case the current auctions or the buyers email did not show up. i will post the repaired php file in the contribution section.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1739

chris

Edited by roedel

QUOTE (smitty1 @ Feb 5 2004, 10:14 PM)

dootch,

Looks like you have found a bug. It does have to do with that link. I will look into this and let you know what I find. It may have to do with cookies?

hmm, good catch.

Joe,

FYI I created a work-around to solve this problem on my site. What was needed was a page to land on once the button was clicked. I did not want to go back to the main index page so, I loaded the mod View All Products a very simple mod and edited the button to go to to the all_products.php page.

Also on another note I was able to add the Individual Shipping cost mod to work with the auction manager. So if you do fixed shipping price auctions you can set the shipping price up when you set up the auction in the Automated Auction Process. It was a pretty simple hack I just loaded the Individual Shipping mod and compared the admin/categories.php file to your auction_listings_admin.php and modified the code to add to the fields to the listing manager. Pretty sweet. I am now working on getting multi-ship to work as well. So if a customer wants to buy their auction item which has a fixed shipping price with another item from my store which has a variable shipping price both can be done in the same cart...

Heeeeeeeeeeelp, have the same problem here. when i click on continue shopping the link lead to auction_out.php, now after palying with the cookie directories, the button continue shopping dissapered, any ideas what this is all about?

anybody knows where i could find the mod View All Products as mentioned above?

ok found a solution which fixes the issue with the shopping card-> continue shopping button:

In catalog/shopping_cart.php change the line of code

CODE              <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>

to revert to the default page

CODE              <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>

hope it helps others as well,

• 2 weeks later...

just faced another problem,

what happens if somebody buys more than one item at ebay?

in my case only one item is shown after auctionout.php is filled out.

have tried varios ways and checked all 13 pages of this thread as well........

is there any solution for this problem?

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone....

I just loaded this contribution and I think it will really be useful...I thought I was done and than I realized that I must have downloaded an older version because in another version there was modification to product_info, new_product and whats_new....POO Now I have a conflict....I was doing so well. I was hoping someone might be able to help me combine these queries with my existing "Multi Stores" queries....

product_info is okay no conflicts:

products_new.php - problem

this what I have

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name";

this is what Automated Auction Process needs:

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id != '9999' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name";

here is my attempted at combining them - will this work? If not can someone suggest something?

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "' pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id != '9999' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name";

Here is what I have in includes/boxes/whats_new.php

if ($random_product = tep_random_select("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " p2s where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2s.products_id and p2s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW)) {

Here is what Automated Auction Process Needs:

if ($random_product = tep_random_select("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id != '9999' and products_status = '1' order by products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW)) {

When I starting to try to combine this one I new I was way over my head especially after not feeling very confident about combining the first file so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And Lastly in includes/modules/products_new.php - this is what I have:

//rmh M-S_multi-stores edited next line
   $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "' INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "' and products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
//rmh M-S_multi-stores edited next line
   $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "',  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 }

And this is what Automated Auction process Needs:

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id != '9999' and products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
   $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id != '9999' and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

This one I didn't even attempt.

Can anyone suggest a way to combine these???

Thanks for any help you can give.

Best Wishes

Teresa

Hi first of all great contrib, but im having a little problem when a ebayer wins an auction it don't recognize their email address during checkout and it doesn't update the current auctions they just remain blank.

Is this to do with ebay changing the way their site works i.e. changing variables used to log in etc...?

Help much appreciated

nerrad

anybody??

I have read through the previous posts and realised that some the data is actually in the database, missing info includes: products_price and products_time_left. Also the products_status says not listed is this correct?

Just to be clear the database has some of the info but not all and it is not being displayed in "Current Auctions" and although the winning bidders email address is in the database i am getting the error message "We are unable to process your auction item. Please use the email address that you have registered with eBay."

Aghh this is annoying

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...

please help me as i am clueless to this part ive just installed this contribution and myphpadmin says:

Error

SQL-query:

# phpMyAdmin MySQL-Dump

# version 2.5.0-rc2

# http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ (download page)

#

# Host: localhost

# Generation Time: Dec 21, 2003 at 12:58 PM

# Server version: 3.23.58

# PHP Version: 4.2.2

# Database : `osCommerce`

# --------------------------------------------------------

#

#

#

# Creation: Nov 24, 2003 at 11:16 AM

# Last update: Dec 21, 2003 at 12:56 PM

#

CREATE TABLE `auction_info` (

`auction_config_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`auction_config_title` varchar( 64 ) NOT NULL default '',

`auction_config_key` varchar( 64 ) NOT NULL default '',

`auction_config_value` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',

`auction_config_description` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',

`sort_order` int( 5 ) default NULL ,

`last_modified` datetime default NULL ,

`date_added` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

`use_function` varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,

`set_function` varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `auction_config_id` )

) TYPE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =143

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'auction_info' already exists

and when i go to my auctions -->auction listings i get an error:

Auction Listings

Listings Show On Website Action

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_title' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_title, pd.products_viewed, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '9999' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

have i broke it? please help urgently

Hi there!

Can anyone help me :( ...I too have the same problem as Ritesh....

and when i go to my auctions -->auction listings i get an error:

Auction Listings

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_title, pd.products_viewed, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '9999' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

I have tried to re-install but to no avail ;)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I must say....what a great forum community!! I would have been lost without all this valuable help at my fingertips. And to all those that work tirelessly at helping all us 'newbies" you deserve the biggest pat on your backs!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello,

I've an ebay store at ebay.co.uk but I want the customers to be able to checkout through my oscommerce store. Is it possible for me to use your contribution?

Best Regards

Oskar R

Edited by Oskare100

Hello again,

One more thing.

Is it possible to fix a page where the cusomer can write the iteam/auction numbers of the auctions he/she have won when he/she enters her/his email address? (so I don't have to send out messages with the link). For me it doesn't matter if someone checkout an auction they didn't win as all my auctions are "buy it now".

Best Regards

Oskar R

Hi there!

Can anyone help me :( ...I too have the same problem as Ritesh....

I have tried to re-install but to no avail ;)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I must say....what a great forum community!! I would have been lost without all this valuable help at my fingertips. And to all those that work tirelessly at helping all us 'newbies" you deserve the biggest pat on your backs!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ive had no luck yet, im not sure if it is a bug or what. but ill keep you posted, if you get any answers please let me know

Ive had no luck yet, im not sure if it is a bug or what. but ill keep you posted, if you get any answers please let me know

Thanks Ritesh...unfortunately no luck on my end either :(

Will keep u posted if any change on my end too :)

C'mon guys.........I thought there would be plenty of u using this contrib............surely there is someone who can help me.........PLEEEEEEEASE :sweating:

once again here is the error in my administration, Auction--->Auction listings

Auction Listings

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..............I would hate to let go of this great contrib!