• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated Auction Process

Yes Smitty it helped, thx very much!

The price of this products is now displayed in the table. But still I have no idea why only one of 180 products has got a pID.... :unsure:

In order to get one straight: I am not in the lunatic asylum!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krille have you set up your "Auction Listings" for these items? They will not show in the admin with out a pID number to link to. That is why it is important to set up the "Auction Listings" first.

Hope that helps.

B)

Help - Update auctions has stopped working!!!

I think Ebay Canada may have changed something - just wondering if anyone else using this in Canada has had any problems. I haven't changed anything on my site and yesterday the Update auction listings just stopped working - I don't think its connecting to Ebay anymore.

smitty1, this looks to be a really great contribution!!! I can't wait to try it out. Can you give a quick summary of what you're working on for v.1.1 (not necessarily a release date, just what you're planning). Thanks.

Still having update problems.

Played around a bit changing the login URL with no luck, then tried it a few days later and it was working fine - then yesterday it stopped working again! I can login OK to Ebay by typing in the URL so it's not a network problem. I reinstalled all the contrib files so that's not the problem either.

Any suggestions?

I just noticed in server info that PHP was upgraded to PHP Version 4.3.5RC4 around the time these problems started - Could this be related?

PHP Version 4.3.5RC4

System Linux dream.vosn.net 2.4.25 #1 SMP Sat Feb 21 18:06:28 MST 2004 i686

Build Date Mar 18 2004 19:02:20

Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--disable-debug' '--with-xml' '--with-imap' '--with-kerberos' '--with-pdflib' '--with-pear' '--with-gettext' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl=/usr' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--with-swf=/usr/local/flash' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-tt' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local' '--with-gdbm=/usr/include' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-png' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-ming=../ming-0.2a' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot=/usr' '--with-sablot=/usr' '--enable-sablot-errors-descriptive' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-memory-limit=yes' '--enable-short-tags' '--enable-mailparse' '--with-t1lib' '--with-expat=/usr' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--enable-versioning' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-mailparse' '--with-mhash=/usr/local' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring'

Server API Apache

Virtual Directory Support disabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini

PHP API 20020918

PHP Extension 20020429

Zend Extension 20021010

Debug Build no

Thread Safety disabled

Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.1.0, Copyright © 1998-2003, by Zend Technologies

PHP Credits

Configuration

PHP Core

Directive Local Value Master Value

allow_call_time_pass_reference On On

allow_url_fopen On On

always_populate_raw_post_data Off Off

arg_separator.input & &

arg_separator.output & &

asp_tags Off Off

auto_append_file no value no value

auto_prepend_file no value no value

browscap no value no value

default_charset no value no value

default_mimetype text/html text/html

define_syslog_variables Off Off

disable_classes no value no value

disable_functions no value no value

display_errors On On

display_startup_errors Off Off

doc_root no value no value

docref_ext no value no value

docref_root no value no value

enable_dl On On

error_append_string no value no value

error_log error_log error_log

error_prepend_string no value no value

error_reporting 2039 2039

expose_php On On

extension_dir /usr/lib/php4/ /usr/lib/php4/

file_uploads On On

gpc_order GPC GPC

highlight.bg #FFFFFF #FFFFFF

highlight.comment #FF8000 #FF8000

highlight.default #0000BB #0000BB

highlight.html #000000 #000000

highlight.keyword #007700 #007700

highlight.string #DD0000 #DD0000

html_errors On On

ignore_repeated_errors Off Off

ignore_repeated_source Off Off

ignore_user_abort Off Off

implicit_flush Off Off

include_path .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php

log_errors On On

log_errors_max_len 1024 1024

magic_quotes_gpc On On

magic_quotes_runtime Off Off

magic_quotes_sybase Off Off

max_execution_time 30 30

max_input_time -1 -1

memory_limit 8M 8M

open_basedir no value no value

output_buffering no value no value

output_handler no value no value

post_max_size 55M 55M

precision 14 14

register_argc_argv On On

register_globals On On

report_memleaks On On

safe_mode Off Off

safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value

safe_mode_gid Off Off

safe_mode_include_dir no value no value

sendmail_from no value no value

sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

serialize_precision 100 100

short_open_tag On On

SMTP localhost localhost

smtp_port 25 25

sql.safe_mode Off Off

track_errors Off Off

unserialize_callback_func no value no value

upload_max_filesize 2M 2M

upload_tmp_dir no value no value

user_dir no value no value

variables_order EGPCS EGPCS

xmlrpc_error_number 0 0

xmlrpc_errors Off Off

y2k_compliance Off Off

Zend Optimizer

Optimization Pass 1 enabled

Optimization Pass 2 enabled

Optimization Pass 3 enabled

Optimization Pass 9 disabled

Optimization Pass 10 disabled

Zend Loader enabled

License Path no value

Thanks flatcat, nice to know someones still out there! Maybe I should move back to England and then it might work again

Today when I try to update it seems to connect but doesn't download any listings, which is a slight improvement, yesterday it would just wait forever with a "page loading" message- however I have all the debug options in "get_auction_info.php" uncommented, so I should see it connect to Ebay site i think, but I don't.

It's definitely doing something different today though, which makes things even more confusing -I haven't changed anything since yesterday!

I can login and view listing perfectly if I copy/paste the login URL's from get_auction_info.php so I don't think it's anything on Ebay.

I've tried updating when I'm logged into Ebay already to see if that makes any difference - No

Emptied the "auction data" table

I just installed the "current auctions" mod and that gets the Ebay data perfectly, so what is going on???

Any suggestions or ideas? Is there any way of debugging so that I can see exactly what is happening when I hit "update" It would help enormously if I knew whether it was even connecting to Ebay or if the problem was earlier than that

Not sure whats going on endee I am in the US and it is working fine for me.

The Current Auctions Mod does not use cURL., Automated Auction Process does. The Current Auctions Mod just parses the html and re-formats it. Automated Auction Process uses cURL to login to eBay so you can see the email addresses. This may help, about have way down in get_auction_info.php there is a line for debugging just remove the // and you will be what's going on. Are you sure you have cURL on your server?

JABevan - v1.1 will have the following features:

*ability to move products from the regular catalog to auction listings

*won't update to completed until after checkout

*ability to download cvs file of auction listings for Turbo Lister

*fix so auctions that don't have a auction listing to coordinate to will default to a generic auction listing.

I know it has been a while but it is almost done.

Any other suggestions? :huh:

I am always open to improvement :)

Some more thoughts - anyone have any suggestions?

As it's working fine one day and then not the next it must be a problem with connecting to Ebay - sometimes Ebay pages seem to take a long time to load in my browser anyway.

With debugging on, when it works I see the Ebay listing page as I should, when it's not working I don't, so therefore it's not connecting to Ebay. It also seems to be slow at these times if I view my listings in my browser but I can connect.

So my latest thinking - is there a time out setting anywhere in the code (or in CURL itself) which I could try increasing? Maybe it tries to connect and can't within however many seconds - however I don't get any timeout errors - it just sits there waiting to load the page and never does

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I have installed this contra Automated_Auction_Process_v-1.0 and when I hit the update button it comes up with nothing. I have double checked everything including the titles matching but still can't get the auctions to show in my admin.

Everything else seems to work okay.

I am running a new install 2ms2 with a few mods.

I have now started the debuging (commented in, in get_auction_info). When I hit the update current auctions I get the my items for sale page for a few seconds and then nothing. I managed to scroll down before it disappeared and I found this message at the bottom:

Item Start End Price Title High Bidder / Status High Bidder's Email

3187338161 Apr-10-04 Apr-15-04 17:04:49 PDT $149.95 Pepsi Cola 100 Anniversary Set! 1998 New in Box! USA gramps_trains( 134) [email protected]

(*) indicates that auction has ended.

LINES] 3187338161[iTEMS]Apr-10-04[iTEMS]Apr-15-04 17:04:49 PDT[iTEMS]$149.95[iTEMS]Pepsi Cola 100 Anniversary Set! 1998 New in Box! USA[iTEMS]gramps_trains(134)[iTEMS][email protected][iTEMS][LINES] (*)

It looks as if it thinks my auction is over, so it goes back to showing nothing. It still has 4 days left.

How do I fix it?

How do I correct this problem?

I'm lost!

thanks in advance for any help.

Dappa Dan

Smitty,

First, let me say, great contribution. Can't wait for v1.1

A few suggestions. Don't know how feasable these are and they may have to wait for v1.2, but here goes:

1. When a customer clicks on the Auction Listings in the Information box, they are taken to auction_listings.php and shown all of the current auctions. If they click on any of the Bid Now! links, they are taken to eBay and all of the sellers auctions are listed. However, for those of us that have multiple auctions, the customer may have to search through several pages of listings to find the one they wanted to bid on. Can you perhaps change it so that the Bid Now! link takes them to the actual auction page verses the listing page? The Current_Auctions contrib does this quite nicely. You can view an example here.

2. I list on both eBay US and UK in both US dollars and GBP respectively. I noticed that some others had to make minor changes to get everything just right for a particular country to work. And, it seems that it only works with one countries settings. Is there some modification that can be done to allow multiple country/currency listings?

3. Would it make more sense to move the Auction Listings link from the Information box to the bottom of the Categories box listing? This is, after all, where the customers are looking to find your items and it would seem to be the logical place from a marketing viewpoint.

That's my 3 cents worth. Thanks for everything thus far. Eagerly awaiting v1.1

ghiggi

Has anyone used AuctionBlox for OSCommerce??? How does it compare to this contrib??? If I'm reading it right, AuctionBlox is created by the same team that did the PayPal IPN contrib (wonder why they feel they need to charge for AuctionBlox???).

I tested them both:

This contribution does automaticly download the winner information in the system.

The Auctionblox-thing does this only if you pay for it - otherwise you have to copy-paste the winnerinformation (ebay-name, emailadress, auction-ID) in a form.

Auctionblox does charge for the download-service, because eBay offers one for systems like this and charges for this service. This contributions spiders the website itself to gain the information, so it`s free of charge.

I heard last week that eBay wants to change their links weekly to prohibit this actions and want to secure their downloadservice that everyone has to pay for this.

Right now, I use the Auctionblox-service without paying for it - I copy-paste the infos from the emails.

I wanted to use this contribution first and I was surprised that it worked well, but I have only fixed-price auctions, each with 99 items and this doesn`t work with this system. It only works with 1 item per auction and only with regular (time-based) auctions.

That`s why I switched to the Auctionblox-system. I started it last week and it works very well. I don`t pay for the download service because here in Germany we have to companies who offer this service including a store for less money than Auctionblox.

Hope that helps,

hoschi

http://www.party-effect.de

JABevan - v1.1 will have the following features:

*ability to move products from the regular catalog to auction listings................

That would be great.

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

ghiggi those are great thoughts I will see what I can do.

hoschi0306 - I don't really think there will be much of a problem with ebay and this contrib. You see, this contrib uses cURL. What cURL does is simulate a web browser. It can even accept cookies, and spoof where the request is coming from. As far as they know this is just a regular person logging into their ebay account. And doing a search by seller with email addresses.

Hope that helps.

:D

Hello,

Great Contribution, but when I go to post an item everythign seems to work OK and everything except one thing. Everything shows up on the auction except the picture and the item description. Any idea on what could be causing this? Please take a look at the auction here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4300120271

Thanks,

JT

What did you type in the description box when you were building the auction? This happened to me once because I was entering a html hex color code and left off a quotation mark. If you're entering html and missed a tag or something it might cause this. At least it did for me.

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?