• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated Auction Process

Problem with pricing -

I'm not getting any prices shown in my auction listings. I can manually change the price but then if I update auction listings in Admin prices are all Zero. Looking in MySQL all data there is correct except all prices are shown as 0.0000 - so it's getting all the data from Ebay, just no pricing.

Any suggestions much appreciated

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that's strange. Is there anything un-usual about your auctions? Try doing a search by seller on eBay to see if your prices show up. What is your username, I could try it to see if there is any differences.

I can manually change the price but then if I update auction listings in Admin prices are all Zero.

This is supposed to update the price as it rises but if it is not getting the price in the first place it would set it to zero.

Hope that helps.

:unsure: :unsure:

Edited by smitty1

Still not making any progress.

Removed the // from debug options in get_auction_info.php, I can now see the page displayed in Ebay when I update - everything looks OK, login, auctions, prices, all displayed correctly - so if the pricing is there, where's it going!!???

Ebay user id is ndix1

Wondering if it's something to do with either Ebay.ca (when updating it logs on OK at Ebay.com so I don't think so) or using CAD$ as default currency? I tried switching default on the site to US$, didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'll try listing an item in $US an see if it will pick that up -

best idea I've got right now - I'm stuck!!

Tried changing ebay.com to ebay.ca in "get_auction_info.php", see if it would pick it up from Ebay.ca site any different - Makes things worse, Ebay.ca must return data differently, now shows no pricing, no start/end date

e.g.

Number: 2782950147

Auction Listings pID: 463

Start: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

End: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Price: 0.0000

High Bidder: soon2bmarried33( 0 )

Email: ja*****@ns.sympatico.ca

Comments:

Send Winning

Bidder Notification: No

I will work on an Canadian mod for you. Your right it is set up for US. I am sure the html has slight differences causing it to not grab the info corectly. Fortunatly "get_auction_info.php" is the only file that needs to be modified.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had to fiddle it a bit to get it to work on the UK ebay.

In get_auction_info.php find

// We want to get rid of the $ from the price

$price = str_replace("$" , "" , $price);

I then added:

// We want to get rid of the GBP from the price for UK site*****************

$price = str_replace("GBP" , "" , $price);

This solved the problem for me. You need to find out what the Canadian dollar is called and do the same thing.

Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention... If you want your auctions to show up with the correct currency symbol you also need to modify the following line in auction_product_info.php

<?php echo '<a target="_blank" href="http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=' . $ebayid . '&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25">' . TEXT_BID_NOW . '</a><br><br>';

This is obviously for the UK site. For the Canadian site it should be

<?php echo '<a target="_blank" href="http://cgi6.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=' . $ebayid . '&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25">' . TEXT_BID_NOW . '</a><br><br>';

I have also modded it to show the "bid now" at the bottom of the product page as well. Let me know if you are interested in that as well and I will post it. For example see

http://www.nostalgiabookshop.com (live site, so careful please) - auction listing has been moved to category box.

Success!!!!!

Wouldn't you think though that Ebay would use standard currency symbols - Canada should be CAD, they use C

// We want to get rid of the $ from the price

$price = str_replace("$" , "" , $price);

// For Canada get rid of the CAD from the price

$price = str_replace("C" , "" , $price);

Many thanks for all the help

I am not sure what you mean? Do you mean the "Send Winning Bidder Notification"? If so the auction has to be in Ended status. Please be more specific.

:unsure:

Edited by smitty1

endee,

It looks like you figured it out. Thanks for the help flatcat. Now I can get back to finishing the Auction Export for Turbo Listener. Once this is done I will be releasing v1.1!!

:D :D

By the way I would like to automate the email process to automaticly send out the email at the end of the auction. I need a good multi-threaded countdown timer that can run in the background. Anyone know of one?

Edited by smitty1

Joe,

I want to try the checkout process of the auction out. I have got the listing part all cool. But I have an auction that ended and I wanted to see if its working so I put my email and user as the winning bid, click send notification and viola I get the email saying the auction is over bla bla and to go to this link. NP. When entering my email address it error's saying email not in database please use the email address ...etc. Am I not doing something right do I need to set the customer up in the database first?????

Quoted from earlier in this thread:

The auction is only going to let you check out if it is in Ended status.

So here is what auctionout.php does,

First it does one finall update before you check out. You enter your email address. Then it goes to your auction_data table (Current Auctions)looks through all the entries to see if the email matches. If it does not match - error message. Else it looks at the status of the matching email to make sure it is Ended. If it is not Ended - error message. Else it updates the status to Completed, puts the item in the shopping cart and proceeds to check out.

you may need to adjust the setting in auction info. You need to adjust your hours to the proper time zone. What time zone are you in? eBay runs at Pacific time. By default the manager is set to 3 which makes it eastern time zone. If you are in Pacific time set this to 0.

Hope that helps.

:unsure:

Joe,

Cool I had the auction in completed status not ended status. That was causing it not to recognize the email address. One more question the shipping cost stuff. I saw in some other auction manager an issue with freight. How does one go about setting up to pull the freight from the auction not the standard OSC freight modules. Or can a freight cost be placed in auction product entry page??

Joe,

After winning an auction, and logging in. I try and continue shopping to add more items to my cart it kicks me back to the auction log in page. Then it will not let me back in because it changes the status to completed. Any idea's????

I am assuming the not be able to continue to shop has something to do with the product_info page modifications. The cart will work fine for standard transactions. But when you enter the cart through auctionout.php it will not let you continue shopping in the store.

I am assuming the not be able to continue to shop has something to do with the product_info page modifications. The cart will work fine for standard transactions. But when you enter the cart through auctionout.php it will not let you continue shopping in the store.

I believe this line from the shopping_cart.php is the culprit. When the continue button is pressed it wants to go back which is the auction login screen. Any ideas????

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>

dootch,

Looks like you have found a bug. It does have to do with that link. I will look into this and let you know what I find. It may have to do with cookies?

hmm, good catch.

:blink:

dootch,

Looks like you have found a bug. It does have to do with that link. I will look into this and let you know what I find. It may have to do with cookies?

hmm, good catch.

:blink:

Joe,

FYI I created a work-around to solve this problem on my site. What was needed was a page to land on once the button was clicked. I did not want to go back to the main index page so, I loaded the mod View All Products a very simple mod and edited the button to go to to the all_products.php page.

Also on another note I was able to add the Individual Shipping cost mod to work with the auction manager. So if you do fixed shipping price auctions you can set the shipping price up when you set up the auction in the Automated Auction Process. It was a pretty simple hack I just loaded the Individual Shipping mod and compared the admin/categories.php file to your auction_listings_admin.php and modified the code to add to the fields to the listing manager. Pretty sweet. I am now working on getting multi-ship to work as well. So if a customer wants to buy their auction item which has a fixed shipping price with another item from my store which has a variable shipping price both can be done in the same cart....

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed this person had the same problem I had

Posted: Dec 24 2003, 12:14 AM   

Smitty

I am on my way out but got this error when I tried to update on

new auction manager

Configuration

Catalog

Auctions

Auction Info

Auction Listings

Current Auctions

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Vouchers/Coupons

Localization

Reports

Affiliates

Tools

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 65

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 66

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 76

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 77

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 89

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 90

Updating.....

Please Be Patient

Naomi 

I have virtual hosting just like they do. This is what I did to fix it.

went into: /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/tmp and created a ebay_cookie folder and chmodded it to 777

then went into the /admin/includes/fuctions/get_auctrion_info.php

in the cURL requests I changed the /tmp/ebay_cookie

to

/home/virtual/site37/fst/var/tmp/ebay_cookie

Now I don't get any of those errors. I'm only running one fixed price listing and the update auctions isn't picking up on it...I'm not sure what's up with that...but this is only my first few hours messing with this script.

I just wanted to post my fix for that issue...cause i noticed there was no more discussion of this in the other long thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Ok, i have a problem here, and i wondered if anyone could help me...:D

My problem is this: In the table auction_data all auctions are shown, but all without prices and their product status is not listet. Additionally all but ones product IDs are set to 0. This lonely product has the pID 68 (dunno why :blink: ). Also this is the only produkt which is shown in the admins current auctions.

Perhaps i should mention that I use the german ebay, and that I have no clue about php at all...I just struggeld through somehow so far. But of course I would gladly use this wonderfull contrib. Thx for help!

In order to get one straight: I am not in the lunatic asylum!

Hello Krille,

If you notice this contrib was originally designed for eBay US. If you look through this thread there are posts about eBay UK and eBay CA. I am sure that would put you in the right direction. Unfortunatly I am not sure how the german ebay works.

Hope that helps.

B)