• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC guru please - email problem

Kestas

Hi all,

I have problem with emails, when I type national non-english characters in FROM: field only. Emails don't send, no php errors.

I have tested varied combination of emails headers on both Linux and windows servers, and found this "bug", when do not send emails only in from: field.

Symptoms:

1. When customer type his name with national character in contacts_us send email form;

2. When set "store name <[email protected]>" in admin-configuration-my store "e-mail from" or "e-mail address", with national characters in "store name". There is no browser codding problem (when national characters replased with &xxx; if codding page on browser is wrong), because store name stored in database.

No problems with english characters. No problems with national characters in "customer name <[email protected]" when send emails from admin, no problems in subject field.

I use sendmail on windows and linux, same problem with smtp on windows, emails configured on MIME HTML.

Is very strange, because OSC is multilingual (standard spanish and german) and I don't found any post or bug report with it.

I can set "store name <store@email>" without national characters and it's OK, but customer can type his name with national characters and emails don't send.

Do any have this poblem? Is there soliution?

Kestas

Oooops! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Nobody has problems with emails with national characters in store name or customer name?

Is spanish and german also OK?

Please someone (non english) test it:

in contact_us send email form, FULL NAME field type name with national characters and send it to store owner

or

admin - configuration - my store - e-mail from set:

"store_name_with_national_char <[email protected]>" (without quotes)

and test sending emails to customers from admin.

Please report test results in this thread

Kestas

Sorry for confusion,

Probably is problem with my ISP smtp mail server... :(

I found OSC demo on web with full functions in admin and tested it, it's OK.

Because I haven't smtp server, I need to change my ISP... :)

Kestas

Archived