• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Jack,

I"m doing something wrong, not sure what.

The admin section is messed up, when I make the changes, nothing shows up in the main screen section, only the left column shows up.

My e-mail is [email protected] and I can send you some files to look at if you have time,

Thank you, sorry I'm overlooking something,

Jason

Installing my version doesn't make any changes to the existing files in admin. If your admin isn't working, you've made a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Then you've made a mistake in the installation or setting up of the settings.

Jack

Just to let you know it was me. I took the ../feeds/filename.txt and shortened it to filename.txt and it worked. Now trying to put the feeders box in but getting an error due to the declaration of include/application_top.php

I a SOOOOO Completely lost here. I just downloaded the latest version by Jack: , but the instructions that came with it seem to be from an earlier version. Is Jack's version a complete full version? Sorry to be so green here, but I am not even close: here are the errors I get when I go to: http://www.ginelectronics.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php

Warning: fopen(../feeds/catalog.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 348

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 349

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 350

Warning: fopen(../feeds/catalog.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 348

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 349

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 350

Warning: fopen(../feeds/catalog.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 356

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 357

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 358

File completed: catalog.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 360

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user johnnie-walker

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

I a SOOOOO Completely lost here. I just downloaded the latest version by Jack: , but the instructions that came with it seem to be from an earlier version. Is Jack's version a complete full version? Sorry to be so green here, but I am not even close: here are the errors I get when I go to: http://www.ginelectronics.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php

Does the feeds directory exist?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry to be so naive, but I do not know what the Feed Directory is, nor a Cron thing I read about when reading through this support string. Moreover, I did not find anything about it in the directions, nor do I understand this part of the directions: 4) ChMod the folder where your $OutFile is being written to as 777.

(Security Notice: I recommend this folder to be a temp folder specifically used for feeds)

Again, sorry for being sooooo green here. . .

Warning: fopen(../feeds/catalog.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 356

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 357

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 358

File completed: catalog.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in x:\domains\ginelectronics.com\catalog\admin\googlefeeder.php on line 360

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user johnnie-walker

Sorry to be so naive, but I do not know what the Feed Directory is, nor a Cron thing I read about when reading through this support string. Moreover, I did not find anything about it in the directions, nor do I understand this part of the directions: 4) ChMod the folder where your $OutFile is being written to as 777.

(Security Notice: I recommend this folder to be a temp folder specifically used for feeds)

Again, sorry for being sooooo green here. . .

No need to apologize. We all have to learn. Plus, the instructions are not clear. I didn't write those but I can see they need to be updated. I'll plan that for the next release.

For now, go into the root directory of your shop. That is where the index.php file is (if that helps). In that directory (named public_html or httpdocs on many servers), you need to create a directory named feeds (all lower case). Then extract the admin/googlefeeder.php file from this zip file and edit it so it uses your settings. Upload that file to your admin directory. The installation is complete.

To test it, go to http://your-domain.com/admin/googlefeeder.php and press enter. You should get a message saying the script competed and was uploaded to google.

If all of that works, then you just need to create a cron job. Cron is a scheduling program your host provides. It allows some script in your account to be ran automatically. So by running the googlefeeder.php file via cron, a new feed is created and uploaded to google each week without you having to think about it.

Cron syntax can vary with the server so it is difficult to provide instructions. But most hosts will setup a cron job for you if asked. If yours won't, then you can search these forums or the web - there are many examples.

If you get stuck, just ask again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's because of the latest change to Ultimate SEO. I have made a change to this contribution to account for that but haven't had time to fully test it, although I think it works. I'll post it here so it can be tried out before uploading the change. Please let me know if it works for you.

In admin/googelfeeder.php, find this block of code

require_once('../includes/configure.php');

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
 //********************
 // Modification for SEO
 // Since the ultimate SEO was only installed on the public side, we will include our files from there.
 require_once('../includes/filenames.php');
 require_once('../includes/database_tables.php');

include_once('../' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
 $seo_urls = new SEO_URL(DEFAULT_LANGUAGE);

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
 global $seo_urls;
 return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
 }
}

and relpace it with

include_once('includes/configure.php'); //need to know the shops location
$curDir = getcwd();					 //store this location
chdir(DIR_FS_CATALOG);				  //change to the shop directory
require_once('includes/application_top.php'); //load in everything needed to create urls

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
 //********************
 // Modification for SEO

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL(DEFAULT_LANGUAGE);

//use own call to bypass SID
 function tep_href_link_gf($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = false, $search_engine_safe = true) {
 global $seo_urls;
 return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
 }
}

Then, around line 287, find

$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row->id) . "\t" .

and replace it with

$output .= tep_href_link_gf($productURL,$productParam . $row->id) . "\t" .

Then at the end of the file before the last ?>, add

chdir($curDir);

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Warning: unlink(../feeds/wwhproducts.txt) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 216

Warning: fopen(../feeds/wwhproducts.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 356

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 357

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 358

File completed: wwhproducts.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 360

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user wholesalewheel

Uploaded ../feeds/wwhproducts.txt to uploads.google.com as wwhproducts.txt

Script timer: 5.637312 seconds.

Hmm, that shouldn't be affected by this code change. Does the datafeed file in the feeds directory have permssions of 755 ot 777?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I guess it would help to note that the errors are now different...

Warning: fopen(../feeds/wwhproducts.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 356

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 357

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 358

File completed: wwhproducts.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 360

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user wholesalewheel

Warning: ftp_put(../feeds/wwhproducts.txt) [function.ftp-put]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/store/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 399

Script timer: 4.891360 seconds.

Edited by blaine109

Please PM me an email address and I will send you a copy of the file, to eliminate the possibility I am missing something in what I posted.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack

My web site is hosted on a windows server and my ISP told me this program/contribution will not work on a windows server, is this true???

Thanks

Anthony

The script will work manually on your server but you can't setup a cron job since cron won't work on windows. There is a "windows cron" program that will work but your host would need to set that up. Googlebase has an option that allows google to upload the feed for you so that part can be side-stepped. Set that to once a month and it should be OK. You will still need to go in and run the script manually ocassionally or new products and changes won't be uploaded but that's part of the joy of hosting on a Windows server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I uploaded the latest version (V2.3). And I keep getting 'Error the data base does not exist'. What must I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

The script loads the database information from the configure file. So it would seem your configure file is setup incorrectly, though I don't see how your shop would run if that is the case.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In Google Base I am getting "Missing Product Type Values" in the Data Quality Tab.

More about "Product Type" http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer....&topic=2934

Is there going to be support built in for this in the future or is it already there and I'm overlooking it?

You could read back a page or two (always a good idea with any problem you have) and use the fix posted there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You could read back a page or two (always a good idea with any problem you have) and use the fix posted there.

Jack

I actually went back like 5 pages as well as searched. Just looking at the googlefeeder.php file or in the product info I don't see anywhere where that information would go. I have some products would need to be placed in "Motor Vehicles > Automotive Parts > Automotive Wheel Systems" and some a level deeper.

Blaine