• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I've added some echo comments into the feeder and it seems it's hanging on the line:

$upload = ftp_put( $conn_id, $ftpdestinationfile, $ftpsourcefile, FTP_ASCII );

It gives the connection reset error in the middle of this. Does this mean there is some kind of FTP connectivity issue from my host? Even it there was I would have expected the script to fail gracefully.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shaun

I have a very strange problem with the Google Base Feeder. I get the following output:

File completed: myfeedfile.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user myusername

And then after about 10 seconds I get a "The connection was reset" screen. It seems the script has just died. On my Google Base account I get a zero length file and it obviously gets rejected.

Is there any way I can turn on debug messages to see how far the FTP gets?

Thanks

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...

I am having difficulty on the google base side of this.

I can get my feed to base but I keep getting this;

frooglefeed.txt

Bulk upload failure. 0 errors. None of these items are active. - see details and get help

Uploaded on Dec 17, 2006 10:43pm PST - Processed on Dec 17, 2006 10:43pm PST.

any ideas??

i got this working on another site with the old contribution too, that makes me even more frustrated.

I get these errors. Any ideas how to fix them?

Warning: fopen(http://www.excellentsoaps.com/catalog/feeds/google-output.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /mnt/w0001/d38/s11/b029db21/www/excellentsoaps.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 341

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mnt/w0001/d38/s11/b029db21/www/excellentsoaps.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 342

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mnt/w0001/d38/s11/b029db21/www/excellentsoaps.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 343

File completed: http://www.excellentsoaps.com/catalog/feeds/google-feed.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /mnt/w0001/d38/s11/b029db21/www/excellentsoaps.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 345

Script timer: 0.420646 seconds.

Edited by kernphilip

I have a different problem from everyone else.

I installed and have been using GoogleFeeder v1.03b for the last little while with no problems

However today I created a new category in my catalog, then added some items to it and to another existing category.

GoogleFeeder isn't picking up the new items. It stops at the last items inserted about a week ago. I can't figure out why it won't see the other products.

It's putting all my products up to products number 365 (osc internal db item #). Items 366-368 were deleted. Items 369-371 are in the newly created category, and items 372-375 are new items in the existing category.

I have a hunch that GoogleFeeder isn't seeing the items in the new category or the new category, and because the other items were added after that, it doesn't see anything after item 369.

Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks,

-Allan

I'm in the same boat as cprntr, eg. my script runs great and creates a bulk upload file - I've registered it with Google Base and it uploads just fine.

Then Google Base chokes on the file and processes 0 items.

=======================================

google-feeder.txt

Outcome: Failure - (help)

Number of items processed: 0

Number of items succeeded: 0

Number of active items: 0

Errors:

Line # Error -> Bad data

Processing - (help)

I particularly don't understand the error section at the bottom of the Google Base report - "Line # Error Bad Data" looks like a header, and then below that I would expect to see any errors, but there are none, only the text "Processing"

GoogleFeeder isn't picking up the new items. It stops at the last items inserted about a week ago. I can't figure out why it won't see the other products.

It's putting all my products up to products number 365 (osc internal db item #). Items 366-368 were deleted. Items 369-371 are in the newly created category, and items 372-375 are new items in the existing category.

Okay, I figured out my problem... I had the wrong database name in the variables -- pointing to a test database instead of the real one... :blink:

All is well now.

-Allan :rolleyes:

Got my problem sorted - Google was just taking an extra long time (several days) to process my file, then it reported some errors which I could read and fix. I re-uploaded the file and all is well. :)

Hi,

i added the following "contribution" to my store: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,seo_fns

I need this one, because I don't have ModRewrite.

Has someone an idea how I can get the static URL's into the feed-file?

There

The contribution works great. I just need to get the real URL's into my file.

Thanks so much, Dirk :)

his is a great contribution, I finally made it work.

Everything works fine except my submission has no space between words in both title and the description.

it became like:

TheStereoWirelessFMTransmitterisveryhandyandportable. This MobileFMTransmitterwirelesslyconnectsportablemusicplayerstoyour carorhomestereoquicklyandeasilyusingFMradiowaves.Whatyou needtodoisjustplugtheWirelessTransmitterintotheheadphonejack ofyourmusicplayer,thentuneyourFMstereoorreceivertoanyclearFMfrequency.Youcan enjoyyourmusicalways withfullstereosound. Features: 3.5mmStereoHeadphonePlugFitsyourIPodoranyotherstandard audiooutputsource LCDDisplaywithblueBacklightDisplays FMfrequency ChannelUp/DownScansin1/10MHz intervalsseamlessly 200selectablechannels (88.1MHz-107.9MHz) Memorizeupto4FMfrequencies. Powersonandoffautomatically.

Anywhere I possibly did wrong?

Any suggestion and help will be very much appropriated.

Thank you and happy New Year to all!

My reply is completely off the cuff and from memory, so forgive me if it's wrong.

This contribution, or another one I installed, strips HTML out of the strings before it feeds them. If all of your spaces between words are actually non-breaking spaces ( ) then they will be stripped out and your text will run together.

I could be way off base here, but wanted to give you at least something to go on.

I found out in the end.

on this line. line 169:

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "?" => "", "™" => "", "?" => "", "\t" => "", " " => "");

I removed the last bit

=> ""

Which striped all my white space off.

Once I take off it, Everything is fine now.

Thanks

his is a great contribution, I finally made it work.

Everything works fine except my submission has no space between words in both title and the description.

it became like:

TheStereoWirelessFMTransmitterisveryhandyandportable. This MobileFMTransmitterwirelesslyconnectsportablemusicplayerstoyour carorhomestereoquicklyandeasilyusingFMradiowaves.Whatyou needtodoisjustplugtheWirelessTransmitterintotheheadphonejack ofyourmusicplayer,thentuneyourFMstereoorreceivertoanyclearFMfrequency.Youcan enjoyyourmusicalways withfullstereosound. Features: 3.5mmStereoHeadphonePlugFitsyourIPodoranyotherstandard audiooutputsource LCDDisplaywithblueBacklightDisplays FMfrequency ChannelUp/DownScansin1/10MHz intervalsseamlessly 200selectablechannels (88.1MHz-107.9MHz) Memorizeupto4FMfrequencies. Powersonandoffautomatically.

Anywhere I possibly did wrong?

Any suggestion and help will be very much appropriated.

Thank you and happy New Year to all!

Edited by 1stmp3

Hi

I've just installed googlefeeder.php but I am getting the following error when I try to run it:-

: SQL error The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.mywebsitename.com/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.astra247.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Please speak slowly, I'm new to this!

Thanks

Hi there

I have just created a new post ref googlefeeder so I apologies as I only just found this thread.

I have got googlefeeder.php working. It generates a nice 6mb file. however I am missing about 3000 of my products for some reason.

In my database I have 11000 products.some are discontinued so although they are in the database they do not show on my shop,

This gives me 8700 products. When I run the googlefeeder script it only gives me 5700 for some reason.

I have been using feedmachine for some time but this has recently stopped working for me. this previously produced the full 8700.

Any clues? Help would be greatfully received.

Thanks

We need a modification of the script to handle more than 1 tax rate per Shop. We offer products with different tax rates. (7% and 19%).

For know i changed the corresponding sql query. But this requires to run the script 2 times and i manually have to edit the two output files.

to get 1 final products.txt

BTW: Great Contrib - Thanks

I've been asking in the contributions section about this, and now I've found this thread, doh! Anyway, did the Master Products stuff get ironed out? I'd like to *either* just use the master but add the slave images to it *or* use the slave but add the master name and description and I haven't decided which yet. And now I'll do a thread search for my other problem which is 'why is froogle/google base adding currency=GBP to my product urls??'

I am currently trying to install this contrib and am not able to get it to connect to my database. I do have seo urls installed and currently working. So originally I left

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
 $home = DB_SERVER;		  //  ****** revised these because we can....
 $user=DB_SERVER_USERNAME;
 $pass=DB_SERVER_PASSWORD;
 $base=DB_DATABASE;
}else{
$home = "localhost";
$user="CHANGEME-sql-db-user";
$pass="CHANGEME-sql-db-user-password";
$base="CHANGEME-name-of-sql-database";
}

just the way it comes. When I got the

Error when connecting itself to the data base

I set the server username, password, and base to what they actually are and it still didn't work. If any one can be of some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the Froogle instructions, here's an updated no-image fix. If you use the untested fix, please PM me the results and a link to the feed. Thanks!

Find:

CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' , products.products_image) AS image_url,

Replace with:

IF(products.products_image, CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) , '') AS image_url,

I was getting the $imageURL when a product did not have an image and this fix worked for me. I was happy to find it on the forum!

On another topic, are there plans to make the Google Feeder compliant with the list of required attributes? I was notified that I needed, at minimum, these attributes;

* brand

* condition

* description

* expiration_date

* id

* image_link

* link

* price

* product_type

* title

Since I don't have the skill to add to new fields I managed to change the name on existing unused fields to meet the requirements. How are others are coping with this?

Millie

CODE

IF(products.products_image, CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) , '') AS image_url,

I spoke too soon. The code fixed my problem but created a new one. Only a small portion of the items with images was included in the feed. Since the image urls it did include work, it should pass for approval but I'd like to show all available images. Only the images beginning with a number made it to the feed

http://www.xxx.com/images/14500_Kelp_100ct.jp

Please suggest how I might modify this to get them all.

Thanks,

Millie

On another topic, are there plans to make the Google Feeder compliant with the list of required attributes? I was notified that I needed, at minimum, these attributes;

* brand

* condition

* description

* expiration_date

* id

* image_link

* link

* price

* product_type

* title

Since I don't have the skill to add to new fields I managed to change the name on existing unused fields to meet the requirements. How are others are coping with this?

Millie

The email I got says that all Base items have to have these by the end of February... I'm also curious if there are plans to add these attributes.

I added the newly required attributes courtesy of the latest update to Googlefeeder 1.03 but I have one problem.

It's creating the file just fine, but still not connecting to Google because one of my attributes is blank.

Manufacturer.

I sell back issues of magazines, so, I don't apply manufacturers names to any of my products.

When I look at the .txt file that was generated, the manufacturers field is what is blank, so, my question is:

Is there any way to set up a default manufacturer for all my products in that googlefeeder file or am I going to have to create a manufacturer name in Admin and manually edit all 1700 items in my website to include that manufacturer? I know how to do that; I just don't WANT to have to do that.

I see there are defaults set up for a lot of things in the feeder file (payment accepted, condition, etc.) but not for manufacturers. Any way to get around that?