• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi, i just ask a foolish question but i think every newbie like me don't know it : How to use thi contribution ?

step 1.

I submit an account at Google Base with a FTP account for Bulk Upload.

I had registered a file name (froogle.txt)

ff3960b0a8.gif

step2

I install this contribution and it work well. It said the file had been upload to my Google Base FTP folder.

File completed: froogle.txt
Connected to uploads.google.com, for user sonnuoc
Uploaded ../feeds/froogle.txt to uploads.google.com as froogle.txt

Script timer: 4.588557 seconds

But, when i use any FTP Clien connect to the FTP folder, i can't find any file !

And when come back Google Base --> bulk upload , the page alway like above image !

So,is there i had installed the contribution wrong or signup the Google Base have not complete yet ?

Realy, i still don't understand how froogle-google base work with my file ! And where is my file when it be uploaded ?

Paint for VietNamese :

hi there, I have just downloaded this contribution, and am having a bit of a problem.

I think I made the changes correctly, but if someone could take a look to make sure I did it right...

I have removed the database name, username and password for security reasons.

The error I am getting is that cookies must be enabled to view the page, when trying to look at googlefeeder.php. I am using mozilla, and have removed all cookies. Also tried in explorer, with accept all cookies as the default.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thank you in advance!

Julia

<?php
//  Title: Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder 1.03
//  Author: Calvin K
//  Contact: [email protected]
//	Organization: Conceptual Networking
//  Last Update: 09/24/06

//  Start TIMER
//  -----------
$stimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$stimer = $stimer[1] + $stimer[0];
//  -----------

$OutFile = "http://juliatrops.netfirms.com/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/feeds/google_outfile.txt"; //"http://juliatrops.netfirms.com/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/feeds/google_outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "../feeds/google_outfile.txt";  //"http://juliatrops.netfirms.com/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/feeds/google_outfile.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://juliatrops.netfirms.com/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/images';
$productURL = 'http://juliatrops.netfirms.com/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=';
$already_sent = array();

$home = "localhost";
$user="xxxx";
$pass="xxxx";
$base="xxxx";

$ftp_server = "uploads.google.com";
$ftp_user_name = "xxxx";
$ftp_user_pass = "xxxxx";
$ftp_directory = ""; // leave blank

$taxRate = 0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use "$taxRate = 17.5;")
$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1;  //Do not edit
$convertCur = true; //default = false
$curType = "USD"; // Converts Currency to any defined currency (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
if($convertCur)
{
$productURL = "http://juliatrops.netfirms.com/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?currency=USD" . $curType . "&products_id=";  //where CURTYPE is your currency type (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
}

//START Advance Optional Values

//(0=False 1=True) (optional_sec must be enabled to use any options)
$optional_sec = 1;
$shipping = 0;
$lowestShipping = "";  //this is not binary.  Custom Code is required to provide the shipping cost per product.  ###needs to be an array for per product.
$manufacturer = 1;
$upc = 0;   //Not supported by default osC
$payment_accepted = cash, check, wiretransfer;
$default_payment_methods = ""; //Acceptable values: cash, check, GoogleCheckout, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, wiretransfer
$product_type = 0;
$currency = 0;
$default_currency = "USD";  //this is not binary.
$feed_language = 0;
$default_feed_language = "EN";  //this is not binary.
$feed_manufacturer_id = 0; //this is for the manufacturer model number, NOT your internal store sku
$feed_quantity = 0;

//END of Advance Optional Values

Hi,

short question from germany

did you have also trouble with filters ?

In germany froogle / base filters nearly

every word like knife bomber e.t.c

a lot of people who sell toys or dishes

had al there offer filtered.

We thought first it was a problem of

upload but it was a mucht to stong calibrated content filter.

Thought this would be interesting to know

Best Regards

Michael

My friend gets rejected entirely (the entire feed) due to the nature of some of his products. That's why I wanted to create an option to stop individual items from the feed. I'm thinking it could be patterned after the In Stock/Out of Stock radio buttons at the top of the product's page. Then, admin can opt to exclude items from the feed. I'm not a great coder but I plan to hack it together for him if no one else does it first. If I do it, it will be sloppy code and I'll have a hard time making it into a good looking Contribution (a hint and veiled request to any real coders reading this).

Sorry to bug anyone, as I've tried to search this thread, but looking thru 40+ pages, I'm at a loss.

I have a few questions:

Does this contrib create the upload txt file automatically? or via the admin pane?

I see in the contrib that it has a feature to ftp to google base,

Can this be automated via the cron? or is that making it over complicated?

If someone could provide a overall detailed description of the current Contrib I'd appriciate it!

Thank you!

well, I just tried to access my store today -

gallery.juliatrops.com

I cant get in.

I cant get in to either do admin, or as a regular user.

Here is the error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'u70200285'@'cgihost' (using password: YES) in /mnt/w0605/d31/s01/b0267acb/www/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Is there something that I can look at to try to fix this? I posted up the google feeder.php file a few posts up. Is it possible someone hacked in to it?

Someone please please help. :'(

Hi Dan,

you mean it might not be my fault??

(Yes, I suffer from a guilt complex).

Thank you for your note. I have written to netfirms, but do not expect an answer prior to tomorrow morning. Was hoping to do something (if I could do something) before then. (I have a low EQ too.)

:'(

I can't get this to work........ :angry:

What does this error mean?

Warning: fopen(http://tsurishopjapan.com/feeds/paquins_s7_dion_ne_jp.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 286

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 287

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 288

File completed: ../feeds/paquins_s7_dion_ne_jp.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 290

Script timer: 0.227632 seconds.

Thanks,

Nigelman

well getting there but now I have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 171

This is line 171:

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "?" => "", "™" => "", "?E => "", "\t" => "", " " => "");

all I did was edit my personal info upon install.

any ideas why I'm getting this error?

Nigelman :thumbsup:

Edited by Tsuri Japan

Hello All,

I am looking for some help. I have tried my best to find an answer on this thread but its sooo long ! ( Is there a way of searching the thread ? )

I am trying to get my items listed on both Google Base UK / Google Base US. I have spoken to google and they say that this is fine. I have sent up two feeds one to each site, with the correct currencies. They have both been accepted, however google have told me the that the "ID" for an item in both feeds need to be different, i.e each feed needs to give each product a different id. I hope that makes sense. Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks Alex

Hi,

at first I think i should excuse me for my bad english.

So and here is my problem:

I installed the Version 1.03 of this contribution. But when I created the feed-file I realized, that the fields "title" and "description" are empty.

So I checked the sourcecode with my fields in the database. No Problem here, the names of the tables are the same.

It seems to me, that the code wants to read out the right fields, but gets an empty string from the sql-query.

The database fields are declared as the folowing:

Field Type

products_name varchar(128)

products_description text

If I let the contribution take the field products_description.products_id as name, it shows up the products_id's. S I think it is a problem with maybe the datatypes of

products_description.products_name and products_description.products_description

Have anyone an idea how to solve my problem?

best regars

Ole

Hey all

I've tried searching for the answer to this but I've either missed it or it's not out their.

Just set up my googlefeeder.php and pointed my server to it and I get this

: SQL error The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay| sql = SELECT concat( 'product_info.php' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.desiretotouch.co.uk/retail/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

my knowledge of databases and php is not great although I do try - so please any advice please speak in plain english!!!

Thanks

Rob

Hi!

Cool contrib.. It works great with google!!

But, am I missing something???? I hate to sound like a complete newbie.. but, then.. I am!

Am I suppose to have more files?

Instructions:

d. Add this to admin/includes/filenames.php:

//Feeder Systems

define('FILENAME_FEEDERS', 'feeders.php');

define('FILENAME_AMAZON', 'amazon.php');

define('FILENAME_BIZRATE', 'bizrate.php');

define('FILENAME_GOOGLE', 'googlefeeder.php');

define('FILENAME_MYSIMON', 'mysimon.php');

define('FILENAME_PRICE_GRABBER', 'pricegrabber.php');

define('FILENAME_SHOPPING', 'shopping.php');

define('FILENAME_YAHOO','yahoo.php');

I only find feeders.php and googlefeeder.php.

Can someone point me in the right direction here??? I'm clueless... it seems.

Thanks

Nancy

Hi!

Thanks for a great contrib!

Hopefully an easy question from a newbie

Got a slight problem tho. After following all instructions (I think), I get to the point of testing the output file by pointing to /shop/admin/googlefeeder.php in my browser. This reports File completed. If I then click on the output file generated it just states: The page cannot be found. If I point my browser directly to the the output file (shop/feeds/googlebase.txt) I get the same result, HOWEVER;

If I use my Cpanel and file manager and browse to specified directory, THE FILE EXISTS. If I click on the file I get: File Type: cannot open

If I then use an FTP client and browse to said file, the file is displayed (googlebase.txt) but as an unrecognised format file (without any extension association).

I then FTP this file to local. This then becomes a standard .txt file. I can open the file and it displays all the correct content. I then FTP this file back onto my server (and this is a bit weird), without being promted to overwrite the existing file and creates an additional entry in the folder with the same name. One is recognised as a standard txt file, and the original file remains in its unrecognised format.

If I then point my browser to the supposed output file (the "new" file), it displays all correctly. I can upload this file manually to Google Base without any problem.

My questions:

1. Whats up with that?

2. If I can continue with the rest of the steps in the install instructions and fully automate this process, will Google accept this "unrecognised format" file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anton

Edited by avdw33

Hi all

I am in the same boat as a previous poster just up the page:

This contrib is installed, configured and seems to work - it outputs a filr.txt which, when imported into Excel, is correct.

I then completed the ftp details and the beast runs and tells me it's uplosded to google by ftp.

But it has not!

Google can be ftp'd to manually and the file.txt will update the feed - there's no sign of the file.txt uploaded by the contrib though.

I have no access to error logs but, given that the ftp settings are correct in the contrib is it simply the case that the proper port is not open on the server ?

Graeme

Hi!

Thanks for a great contrib!

Hopefully an easy question from a newbie

Got a slight problem tho. After following all instructions (I think), I get to the point of testing the output file by pointing to /shop/admin/googlefeeder.php in my browser. This reports File completed. If I then click on the output file generated it just states: The page cannot be found. If I point my browser directly to the the output file (shop/feeds/googlebase.txt) I get the same result, HOWEVER;

If I use my Cpanel and file manager and browse to specified directory, THE FILE EXISTS. If I click on the file I get: File Type: cannot open

If I then use an FTP client and browse to said file, the file is displayed (googlebase.txt) but as an unrecognised format file (without any extension association).

I then FTP this file to local. This then becomes a standard .txt file. I can open the file and it displays all the correct content. I then FTP this file back onto my server (and this is a bit weird), without being promted to overwrite the existing file and creates an additional entry in the folder with the same name. One is recognised as a standard txt file, and the original file remains in its unrecognised format.

If I then point my browser to the supposed output file (the "new" file), it displays all correctly. I can upload this file manually to Google Base without any problem.

My questions:

1. Whats up with that?

2. If I can continue with the rest of the steps in the install instructions and fully automate this process, will Google accept this "unrecognised format" file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anton

I'm no expert.. by any means. And this may be a silly suggestion.. but,

have you checked your editing in admin/googlefeeder.php to see if you named

your $OutFile = "../feeds/<filename>.txt";

with the ".txt" extention - or left it without extention??

-Nancy

I have no access to error logs but, given that the ftp settings are correct in the contrib is it simply the case that the proper port is not open on the server ?

To answer my own question - the server was not relaying the ftp file properly - sysadmin have sorted that out and the contrib is running quite nicely!

Thank you

Graeme

Hi (again)

I have issues on another installation with this contrib.

It's installed and runs - creates the txt file properly etc.etc.

Problem comes when I uncomment the ftp commands in googlefeeder.php. I run the script and it opens the new window with the googlefeeder display - after maybe 30 seconds or so it writes out File completed: stuff.txt.

That's it - no time taken, no error messages.

Installation is Fine, php is reporting that ftp is enabled - any ideas?

GT

I'm no expert.. by any means. And this may be a silly suggestion.. but,

have you checked your editing in admin/googlefeeder.php to see if you named

your $OutFile = "../feeds/<filename>.txt";

with the ".txt" extention - or left it without extention??

-Nancy

Thanks for your reply. It is named with the .txt extension. The file is created exactly as it should be. When I transfer via FTP to local leaving the file exactly as is, and then open it, it opens up perfectly as a .txt file.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Anton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Can someone please help?

I have been at this for ages. I have checked th install over and over. I know its something basic and small but dont know what.

What does this mean and how do i fix it?

Warning: fopen(/home/******/public_html/feeds/frooglefile.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/******/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 671

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/******/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 673

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/******/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 675
File completed: frooglefile.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 679

Warning: ftp_login(): Authentication failed, sorry in /home/******/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 711
FTP connection has failed!

Any help would be much appreciated as i am stumped.

Thanks,

Lee.

Oops, Left out a few simple things.

I am getting this now

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/leather/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 121

Error when connecting itself to the data base"

Anybody know what i need to do to fix this?

Thanks again,

Lee.

well getting there but now I have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 171

This is line 171:

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "?" => "", "™" => "", "?E => "", "\t" => "", " " => "");

all I did was edit my personal info upon install.

any ideas why I'm getting this error?

Nigelman :thumbsup:

Normally, with this type of error, it usually indicates you've left out a ), ; or similar somewhere on a previous line. Check your typing where you edited your personal info. (You can go round in circles with this type of error!! :-( )

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very strange problem with the Google Base Feeder. I get the following output:

File completed: myfeedfile.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user myusername

And then after about 10 seconds I get a "The connection was reset" screen. It seems the script has just died. On my Google Base account I get a zero length file and it obviously gets rejected.

Is there any way I can turn on debug messages to see how far the FTP gets?

Thanks

Shaun