• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Well I haven't figured out the category issue yet, but I did notice that the correct sale price is only listed in the export file if the sale expire date is set. I haven't found anything in the code yet that would make sense of this or help me fix it. Has this been addressed before?

Also, Google didn't mention it but I noticed that "expected" items are also listed in the file before the date they are expected. I'm surprised they didn't catch it, as I know they require that all items listed be available for sale.

I can sympathize with the 11 hour days!!! I realize I am trying to work with an older, patched up version but I'm against a deadline with this feature so this is what I have to work with :'( If you have any suggestions, I will be happy to try to track them down. Thanks.

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

This statement seems to evaluate to true only if there is a date in specials.expires_date (and it is later than today). For products where there is not specials.expires_date (null) and specials.status = 1, it still shows the regular price. Does this need to be rewritten, perhaps the "and" and "or" are getting tripped up. I'm not that good with SQL but I know there is a trap there sometimes. Anyone know?

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

This statement seems to evaluate to true only if there is a date in specials.expires_date (and it is later than today). For products where there is not specials.expires_date (null) and specials.status = 1, it still shows the regular price. Does this need to be rewritten, perhaps the "and" and "or" are getting tripped up. I'm not that good with SQL but I know there is a trap there sometimes. Anyone know?

Ok, I found a fix to this anyway. Substitute the following instead of the above:

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

Changing "= 0" to "is NULL" in the next to the last expression makes the sale price work properly, i.e. if there is a sale price active for an item, it will be used, no matter if there is an expiration date or not, unless the expiration date is TODAY. This fix applies to the latest version of this contribution, as well as to v1.62d which I am using for the Ultimate SEO URL compatibility. The SQL statements are identical in both and this bit is around line 151.

So if you have had trouble with sale prices showing up correctly in the export file, or you have to add expiration dates to make it work, this should fix it. To anyone also using this version for the same reason I am, there is an easy fix to the category problem that causes rejection from GB. I may add this to the contribution section for use until FlyingMonkey has the time to update the current verison. HTH!

Great contri that I have one small problem with and I can't seem to find an answer here.

All my images are in the default images folder. The med size are named "3000000001s.jpg" and the large size are "3000000001.jpg" without the "s" on the end.

After submitting the feed I got this from Google

1. Thumbnail images: Please include the largest images available for your items. If your images are less than 400 by 400 pixels, they will be enlarged, which will reduce the quality of your images. As a result, please make sure that your image URLs direct to full-sized images, rather than thumbnails. For example, the image URL for the item titled "widget" should be:

http://www.mysite.com/images/2569.jpg

Instead of:

http://www.mysite.com/images/2569s.jpg

Any ideas on how to amend the code to do this?

I had the same thought since I use Ultimate SEO as well. v1.62d seems to work fine for creating the correct SEO URLs but when I submitted the feed to Google Base I received the response:

1. Wrong prices (sale prices are not being listed, only regular price)

2. Unsupported attribute (category is not a supported attribute)

I'm in the process of hunting for a solution in the code, but perhaps this has been done already when this version was in use? I really do need the SEO URL capability for this client, so if anyone knows how to fix this I'm all ears. If I come up with any answers, I will post. Thanks!

Thanks for the contribution Calvin! For Froogle Feeder version 162d with SEO, i seemed to get rid of the category listing in google_base.php, by commenting out around line 314 and 321 "$catIndex[$row->prodCatID] . "\t" ." inorder to remove the table header, i deleted "category" out from around line 232 $output = "link \t title \t description \t price \t image_link \t category \t id";

I'm not an expert, but seemed to take out the category listing from my froogle/google base feed! Sure hopes this helps!

Edited by jagedge

Thanks for the contribution Calvin! For Froogle Feeder version 162d with SEO, i seemed to get rid of the category listing in google_base.php, by commenting out around line 314 and 321 "$catIndex[$row->prodCatID] . "\t" ." inorder to remove the table header, i deleted "category" out from around line 232 $output = "link \t title \t description \t price \t image_link \t category \t id";

I'm not an expert, but seemed to take out the category listing from my froogle/google base feed! Sure hopes this helps!

Thanks for the tip jagedge - that does work! I looked around a bit more and found that the more recent version of the "official" mod (i.e. not SEO compatible) just changed the word "category" to "label" in the $output line, which is a valid element and the category names add to the mix as labels. My upload was accepted today :) The SQL correction was the part I got stuck on, because sale items were showing up as regular price. All good now. NOt sure if I should update that older version or just wait for FlyingMonkey to update the main release.

Thanks for the tip jagedge - that does work! I looked around a bit more and found that the more recent version of the "official" mod (i.e. not SEO compatible) just changed the word "category" to "label" in the $output line, which is a valid element and the category names add to the mix as labels. My upload was accepted today :) The SQL correction was the part I got stuck on, because sale items were showing up as regular price. All good now. NOt sure if I should update that older version or just wait for FlyingMonkey to update the main release.

So basically you have it working with SEO URL's? Get it contrib'd :)

Edited by daz_75

Has anyone managed to do the SEO URL one yet?

I managed to edit the latest version of Google Feeder for use with Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d. I just went through the code and compared it to the last SEO version of the old feeder and it works well for me. I guess I could upload just the googlefeeder.php file. The code could use an overhaul really but it works.

Im using SEO URL's 2.2.2 and it works like a charm, thank you very much :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmm, well good! It looks like 2.2.2 is based on Chemo's old code so it must use the same class. BTW, I just uploaded 1.03b - it has a minor fix. If you don't want to bother with replacing the file, just change line 141 like this:

change to:

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

Otherwise, items on special but without an expiration date for the special will list at regular price.

Edited by DavidR

Hmm, well good! It looks like 2.2.2 is based on Chemo's old code so it must use the same class. BTW, I just uploaded 1.03b - it has a minor fix. If you don't want to bother with replacing the file, just change line 141 like this:

change to:

Otherwise, items on special but without an expiration date for the special will list at regular price.

This is a fix I have been looking forward to. Unfortunately it does not work for me. I put an item on special with no expiration date at $19.99, the original price was $24.99. $24.99 is the price that shows up in my Froogle feed file. What could be the problem?

change to:

David, thanks for the code. But it's already working on my feed. Do a search for "GS VISION 4WD NITRO SALOON RTR" in google base and you will see the price is ?299 which is the special price, and it's set not to expire too

Pardon my laziness for not wanting to read through 85 pages to see if this has been asked before:

I have a friend with a store that carries items rejected by Base. I want to figure out how to flag these items in the admin panel so he can continue to use a cron job on the feed instead of manual submission with items removed from the feed. I was figuring some sort of attribute not visible to the customer that could trigger the script to skip it. I was thinking about maybe something in the model number could be used or possibly a parallel to the in stock/out of stock radio button that defaults to yes for feed but could be ticked to disable it from the feed.

Maybe this seems a little specialized but I think there will be more disapproved items in the future and many stores could benefit from the ability.

Hi all,

I'm not a coder of any sort so could do with a hand if anyone can lend it!

I've gotten throught the first part of the install process - i.e. edit the feeder file with my temp directory etc, called the file in my browser and seen a success message with a link to the feed file, however the feed file itself (happyhorses.txt) hasn't been created.

Can anyone suggest why and what I need to do?

The folder i've directed it to is chmod 777 and is being used by easypopulate also - so I know files can be written, but this one isnt.

Any help is really appreciated,

Thanks

Nick

Pardon my laziness for not wanting to read through 85 pages to see if this has been asked before:

I have a friend with a store that carries items rejected by Base. I want to figure out how to flag these items in the admin panel so he can continue to use a cron job on the feed instead of manual submission with items removed from the feed. I was figuring some sort of attribute not visible to the customer that could trigger the script to skip it. I was thinking about maybe something in the model number could be used or possibly a parallel to the in stock/out of stock radio button that defaults to yes for feed but could be ticked to disable it from the feed.

Maybe this seems a little specialized but I think there will be more disapproved items in the future and many stores could benefit from the ability.

You can do it in the MySQL query that collects all the products. I have two whole categories I wanted to exclude- that made it easier, but you could do it by product also (this could get really tedious if you have a lot of products).

In admin/googlefeeder.php I changed

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id
AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id
AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id
ORDER BY
products.products_id ASC

to

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id
AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id
AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id != '23'
AND categories.categories_id != '27'
ORDER BY
products.products_id ASC

You could do it with another field in the database for each product in almost the same manner.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi There, after installing Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.03 all seams to be working well exept this issue, see error below

File completed: ******-outfile.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user *******

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 94.618056 seconds.

Can anyone assist??

thanks

Hi There, after installing Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.03 all seams to be working well exept this issue, see error below

File completed: ******-outfile.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user *******

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 94.618056 seconds.

Can anyone assist??

thanks

You're either using the wrong username/password, or you haven't waited long enough for Google to update their records. It takes about an hour before you can use the FTP upload feature with your newly created username/password.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

There is no longer any independent data feed for Froogle, just Google Base. The current version of the contribution sends the data to Google Base.

Depending on what kind of feed you submit and what kinds of information you include, items submitted to Google Base may also appear in Froogle. The official Google Base group has some details about getting stuff listed in Froogle:

http://groups.google.com/group/base-help-r...6c833fc211a4aa7

thanks guys..so is this contribution tweaked to include what they say in the above post or do we need to modify it to get the feed included into Froogle.

The way I remember it, the feed goes to Base and the information contained in the feed tells Base to add it to Froogle. (product, price, description, availability, etc). It should be all set up to do it right for you.