• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Well, finally have had success with Froogle...well except that 36/106 products showed. Better than 0.

I have found that by FTPing the txt file to Froogle that I had success.

Good luck all.

SHJ :)

hi! i have a dumb question...

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
 $home = DB_SERVER;		  //  ****** revised these because we can....
 $user=DB_SERVER_USERNAME;
 $pass=DB_SERVER_PASSWORD;
 $base=DB_DATABASE;
}else{

I have Ultimate SEO installed... should I replace the DB_SERVER_USERNAME.. pasword and database? Or they are automatically changed?

Thank you!

Replace

Another questions I cant find an answer to.

What can be done when using Attributes?

I have product that come in different colors so am using product attributes in the product listing however I only get one entry in Froogle.

Is there a way to show each product per color as a separate listing rather than just one?

Cheers, SHJ :-"

does anybody have an answer for this? I am having the same error.

This seems to be a problem with te seo.class.php file not being present. Turning the SEO flag to "false" (froogle.php, line 13) will get it to run OK.

I'm trying to find out more about the contribution mentioned in the instructions 'This feeder has been revised to work with Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823)"

My guess is that installing this ill allow the flag to b set back to "True".

Mikey

(Gasping for breath as he realises for the first time he's been able to answer someone's question instead of asking them!!!!!!!)

Hello, I'm getting this error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/u5/nowink/html/admin/froogle.php on line 170

i searched the list, but it seens like no one reply to this error. I'm wondering if anyone can help me or the others who having the same problem?

Thanks!

Andre

Hi,

When I cut paste this:

define('BOX_HEADING_FEEDERS', 'Feeder Systems');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_AMAZON', 'Amazon Marketplace');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_BIZRATE', 'Biz Rate');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_FROOGLE', 'Froogle');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_MYSIMON', 'MySimon');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_PRICE_GRABBER', 'Price Grabber');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_SHOPPING', 'Shopping.com');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_YAHOO', 'Yahoo');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE_BASE', 'Google Base');

into the admin/filenames.php and the admin/languages/english.php and then go to the store admin, under Feeder Systems it only shows Biz Rate, Froogle, and Yahoo. How can I make it show the others?

Jeremy

in your admin/ directory you will have to build the others (you can use the froogle.php as a model and modify from there. These are the files that need to be built for the language defines to actually work.

It will take some php savvy to accomplish but I hear some have made progress with a few.

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

I have installed the latest constribution with the Basic installation. I mean that NO optional settings installed yet.When i type http://www.itech.gr/admin/froogle.php

Just nothing happens, i don't receive any error!!!!!And of course NO *.txt file is being created in feeds folder (777 access)!!!Any ideas...??Thanxxxxx

Edited by OratIos

noppie: just replace all categories with peacem_categories in the SQL select statement.

magicsenses: nope.

shopaholicjapan: no, froogle/google frowns upon it and will eventually ban your feed (since they're not really independent products).

an17d: you probably edited something wrong around that line.... (eg. missing quote).

JeremyT: There's no need. A public feeder for those are not available yet.

demon2lima: Did you comment out the lines as instructed?

OratIos: I suggest using the December release of the Froogle Data Feeder. The "SEO" version introduces a few new bugs for regular installs and the installation guide was not updated accordingly. I did not release the "SEO" version. My reasoning is that the "SEO" version is not a standard, and there are too many "SEO" platforms to develop/create which will lead to bloating of the code and more bugs. Specialized versions for these "SEO" versions are okay, but shouldn't be released as the main release. I'll try to update the feeders and make this more clear... soon. DARN REAL WORK!

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Has there been any changes the way google reads the feeds, it seem that my specials prices are not showing up anymore, just the regular price.

It has been working fantastic for many months, I have not touched anything.

Jimmy

Edited by RI Downlink

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Everyone seems to use a plain cron entry to the .php file.

I found it that a cd /to/your/admin/dir; was neaded for the includes to be right.

A simple file (permissions 744) called nameofyourscript with the contents:

#!/bin/bash

cd /www/yourdirectory/admin;

/usr/local/bin/php -q NameOfFeedFile.php;

path/to/php should be your $which php

then the cron:

0 4 * * 1,4 /www/lilyblooms/admin/nameofyourscript

Does upload twice per week (Mon and Thurs at 4:00am)

<Curt

Thanks for your reply FlyingMonkey!

I actually found an error in that line, such line that i didnt change it. So the bug must be in the new version. Here's how i fix it, tell me if i'm wrong.

in line around 216

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "? => "", "™" => "", "? => "", "\t" => "", " " => "");

Change it to

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "?" => "", "™" => "", "?" => "", "\t" => "", " " => "");

Thanks

Edited by an17d

Just installed this mod following the instructions and i get this message when i check the froogle.php page

Error when connecting itself to the data base

How do i fix it? or any ideas where i went wrong

Thanks

I have had no technical issues with this contribution at all. My 1st feed which I uploaded using their upload page in the member center was received fine with no errors. At that time I had 329 products on my site. 311 showed up in Froogle. Since then I have re-uploaded my feed because my inventory has changed. Now I have 325 products on my site but only 235 will show up on Froogle. There is no rhyme or reason to it. For example I have 5 products that are all the same name, they are distinguished by a letter from a through e after the product title. They look like this:

Product Name a

Product Name b

Product Name c

Product Name d

Product Name e

Products c and e are missing. I was thinking maybe Froogle consideres them duplicates but then why are a, b, and d showing up?

What could be the problem? I checked the feed and to me it looks fine.

Thank you.

Edited by docprego

I have had no technical issues with this contribution at all. My 1st feed which I uploaded using their upload page in the member center was received fine with no errors. At that time I had 329 products on my site. 311 showed up in Froogle. Since then I have re-uploaded my feed because my inventory has changed. Now I have 325 products on my site but only 235 will show up on Froogle. There is no rhyme or reason to it. For example I have 5 products that are all the same name, they are distinguished by a letter from a through e after the product title. They look like this:

Product Name a

Product Name b

Product Name c

Product Name d

Product Name e

Products c and e are missing. I was thinking maybe Froogle consideres them duplicates but then why are a, b, and d showing up?

What could be the problem? I checked the feed and to me it looks fine.

Thank you.

Well now I am seeing 307 out of 325 listed on Froogle. I can't understand why the last 18 are missing, but I am happy that most are showing up.

On my first upload 311 out of 329 showed up. So that time 18 were also missing, interesting. I think I'll track down the missing products and see what they have in common. There must be a reason for 18 to be missing both times.

I cannot find any reason why 18 producst are missing. I figured out what 6 of the missing products were and they have exactly the same data in my Froogle feed as others that are listed successfully on Froogle.

MySQL 5 Fix

The current version of the Froogle Feeder errors when using MySQL 5. This can be resolved by making the following change:

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

MySQL 5 Fix

The current version of the Froogle Feeder errors when using MySQL 5. This can be resolved by making the following change:

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

Is this meant to fix the 'Error when connecting itself to the data base' message because i changed the lines indicated and still dosnt work right. Database name/Username/password is right.

Hey Everyone,

I just installed this contrib last night, (the one with SEO enabled) and the script ran fine but it didn't end up uploading any file.

Then reading on these forums I saw that there were problems with the SEO ones, so I installed the one v1.62d (before any of the SEO stuff) on the 21/12/05 and it is still not uploading ANYTHING.

I do not get any error messages at all. It says:

File completed: froogle_outfile.txt

Script timer: 1.469261 seconds.

I have manually logged into the ftp account for froogle and there are NO files there at all. My feeds directory is CHMOD'd 777, and the feeds are being created successfully each time I run the script.

I only have about 2000 products in my store, and the feed text file is 1.2MB.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello,

I run a few websites and was able to sucessfully install this contribution on one site without any problems. The second site I am trying to install on is located on the same server and I set up the file in the exact same manner.

When I try to create a file on this site the window hangs and then times out. I've double and triple checked this many times and normally can work through these problems on my own but I know when I'm licked.

By the way I know how irritating it is to respond to the same question over and over again but I couldn't find any reference describing my particular frustrations.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you

Hey All,

Maybe someone can help me ... I am testing this module with different currencies and it doesnt make a difference what the line

$curType = "AUD"; // Converts Currency to any defined currency (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)

is set to ... it keeps returning the same amount.

Any help?

Am i missing something that needs to be changed?