• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

No, official support is planned. The Froogle Data Feeder is designed to support the main osC core. Adding support for all of the different contributions available would bloat the code and end up causing problems for other users.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

any idea when this will support salemaker?  this would be a huge help for many that are using this mod.  anyone out there have this working and just didn't post the changes?

thanks in advance....

I looked at this a little as I am using salemaker, but it looked a little more complicated than makign it work with Specials, as sale maker uses the categories to change pricing. I might some do take the time to try and do it - if I do I will let you know.

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Oh.... by handling the "html descriptions" it removes the HTML intentionally cause Froogle doesn't want it.  I thought you were having problems getting rid of them HTML.  Its done by design.

Calvin,

I am stipping normal HTML fine. But if I have special characters like: ? or TM it is not getting stripped and froogle is showing: ?

So a Title might read like: Super Book? instead og Super Book?

Make sense? Any tricks onhow to strip it? I dont mind adding the ? or the actual #$^@ (code) for the symbals if someone tells me where and waht to add to do that.

hmm. froogle seems to display the symbols, i used fine.

if we can figure out the pattern for the symbol code, we can get rid of them.

for a quote on our feeds (") on our feeds it is """ without the quotes.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

for a quote on our feeds (") it is """ without the quotes.

so if all symbols follow the pattern of X where XX is two digits, then it should be fairly easy.

i've had to edit the last two post... so many times to make it sound somewhat grammatically correct. i gotta goto sleep. nite.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

If froogle renders it, it's not a problem.

Great, now I can finally say everything works perfectly, and when it didn't I think it was an error on my part every time :lol:

If haven't said it already, thank you very much for this contribution, you're a life save :thumbsup:

Edited by xPATRIOTSx

Go New England Patriots!!!!

Tentative Fix for Special Characters:

Insert:

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "™" => "");

After:

$_strip_search = array(
"![\t ]+$|^[\t ]+!m", // remove leading/trailing space chars
'%[\r\n]+%m'); // remove CRs and newlines
$_strip_replace = array(
'',
'');

Find these similar lines and replace with:

preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
 preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . " " . $row->prodModel. " " . $row->mfgName . "\t" .

I get the following errors when tying to run the mod

Warning: fopen(http://www.newyorkcandlesandscent.com/feeds/nycs.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/newyork/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 296

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/newyork/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 297

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/newyork/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 298

File completed: http://www.newyorkcandlesandscent.com/feeds/feed.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/newyork/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 300

Thanks for the info, Mibble...

So let me get this straight...if 100% of your products uploaded are reported to be successful, you still the "Success with errors" and "Feed will not go live" messages?

I'm having the exact same problem Lavarock had. On 9/27/04, all 202 products in the feed I uploaded were reported to be successful but the outcome still shows as "Success with errors." At first I thought this simply meant that the feed hadn't been reviewed yet, but it's been 5 days since. Since then I've registered and uploaded new feeds with different delimiters and encodings but I always get the same result with the error "Feed will not go live."

Has anything changed for you, Lavarock?

--Tom

There ARE no errors. That's the thing. I wish there WAS an error, so I could fix it. I also upload feeds to yahoo shopping, which contain much more headers and info and I never have a problem.

I've tried contacting google but they don't reply. I've tried both their contact popup form you can access from many of the help files and I've also tried [email protected] and nothing.

For those of you that got your feeds live, you never saw the "Success with errors" message while you were waiting for approval?

Thanks, guys.

Tentative Fix for Special Characters:

Insert:

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "™" => "");

After:

$_strip_search = array(
"![\t ]+$|^[\t ]+!m", // remove leading/trailing space chars
'%[\r\n]+%m'); // remove CRs and newlines
$_strip_replace = array(
'',
'');

Find these similar lines and replace with:

?preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
?preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . " " . $row->prodModel. " " . $row->mfgName . "\t" .

Calvin,

Didnt seem to do anything ?????

If you just started using 1.52, it may a bug with some servers. It sets the permission in the froogle.php to 744. Change that to 777 (in the file).

I haven't forgot about the special character issue. I am working on software development team website, that has to be up in the next couple of days. So, I haven't had much time.