• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Does anyone have any suggestions for the next step in debugging or fixing this?

Try uploading the feed using an ftp program and connecting to uploads.google.com. If it uploads but doesn't show up, you are most likely using the wrong google account.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Looking at installing v3 of this contribution. Looking over the master settings in googlefeeder.php, I see the line:

define('SEO_ENABLED','true');    //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed

Due to the fact that I am on an IIS platform, I was unable to install the Jack_MCS Ultimate SEO URLs, so instead installed FWR's Ultimate SEO URLs Pro 5 (which actually then needed a little tweak worked up by Jack_MCS and the guy at Club osC to work quite nicely with Jack_MCS Header Tags SEO). So, just wanted to make sure I have my nomenclature - and my understanding - straight. Does the setting need to be set:

1.) 'true' if the Jack_MCS Ultimate SEO URLs is installed only, inferring then that the FWR contrib is not supported/compatible; or

2.) 'true' if either SEO URL contrib is installed, inferring that both/either is compatible; or

3.) 'false' if you have do not have the Jack_MCS SEO URl contrib installed, inferring that other contrib's may be compatible, or

4.) 'false' if you have do not have the Jack_MCS SEO URl contrib installed, inferring that any other SEO URL contrib's may NOT be compatible, or

5.) some other scenario that perhaps I'm not grasping?

Thanks for any assistance! (ok, sometimes I over-analyze things! ...just need to know if this will work with the FWR seo urls, and if so, what should the SEO_Enabled setting be?)

..just need to know if this will work with the FWR seo urls, and if so, what should the SEO_Enabled setting be?)

No idea. You'll have to try it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Google seems to be picking on me !! first I got warnings regarding my Vat / Non vat items - which I managed to fix, but now I have lost my place on Google shopping, it seems for lack of shipping information.

I have set up table rates on Google based on weight, but it seems google is looking for a shipping_weight in the feed - at the moment googlebase sends the data as weight.

What is the best way to set up or change the feed to provide the weight as shipping_weight?

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi Jack,

Google seems to be picking on me !! first I got warnings regarding my Vat / Non vat items - which I managed to fix, but now I have lost my place on Google shopping, it seems for lack of shipping information.

I have set up table rates on Google based on weight, but it seems google is looking for a shipping_weight in the feed - at the moment googlebase sends the data as weight.

What is the best way to set up or change the feed to provide the weight as shipping_weight?

Many Thanks

Be sure the weight option and type are setup correctly and then change this line
  if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT == 1)		   $output .= "\tweight";

to

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT == 1)		   $output .= "\tshipping_weight";

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did an update and when I clicked on create and upload google feed, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in .../includes/application_top.php on line 312

This has not happened before updating.

And also after the update, in Administrator panel, when I click on 'Check for updates' and it shows 'There is 1 update available' but I have doubled checked all the files I uploaded. I did log out and log in, it is the same.

Gary

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Moved the FTP_ENABLED line out of the settings section since it is no longer a setting.

- Added code to display items with quantity and price of 0.

- Added a link to view the file in csv format, which makes viewing it in admin better.

- Fixed code that was showing products and prices of 0 for products with a status of 0.

- Replaced missing catID code that was deleted by mistake in a previous version.

Fixed it by changing the value in feeder.php in Language folder.

As for the error, it is working ok now!

I tested it using other browser and it worked fine. I think it has to do with website cookies in my regular browser, so I may have to clear the cookies and cache the next time I update.

Keep up your excellent work. :)

Edited by barnettgs

Be sure the weight option and type are setup correctly and then change this line

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT == 1)		   $output .= "\tweight";

to

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT == 1)		   $output .= "\tshipping_weight";

Thanks Jack,

That worked a treat - all live on Google again

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

As for the error, it is working ok now!

I tested it using other browser and it worked fine. I think it has to do with website cookies in my regular browser, so I may have to clear the cookies and cache the next time I update.

Keep up your excellent work. :)

The error isn't fixed. It is a problem with the basic oscommerce code and will return. See here for the fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I have your version 2.9, how do I update it? or do I do it all over?

Replace the googlefeeder file and adjust its settings. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Dears,

I install your lastest feed module & your SEO module.

After I submit google , I get this error:

Data quality

Product crawl issues 100%

Would you please help to give your suggestion asap?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise99

I have 853 product.

Please see the following information:

Data quality

Last analysis run at May 14, 2012 11:12 pm PDT

Information for United States Error type Percentage Count Product crawl issues 100% 853 Broken images 2% 13 Short Descriptions <1%

Data quality

Addressing the issues listed below may help users find your items more easily. Learn more

Last analysis run at May 14, 2012 11:12 pm PDT

Product crawl issues (853 items)

In the last 48 hours we were unable to crawl some of the pages linked from your items. Google regularly samples your product pages for quality purposes.

They are saying the links in your feed don't work. You need to open your feed file, copy one of the url's, or use one they supply, and try using that to get to your site.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have over 90% product are blank.gifDisapproved or invalid

Disapproved or invalid The URL specified in your data feed wasn't working correctly when we reviewed this item. But I can't find the link issue, I can access from the link.

I have over 90% product are blank.gifDisapproved or invalid

I only offer general help here. You're problem would probably require looking at the feed so I can't help you othe than what has been stated in this thread. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can you tell me how to remove quotes from the title, category and description?

More or less I need to remove all quotes from the feed. Thanks!

There's already code in place to do that. I don't know what it could be if it isn't working.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, in the file googlefeeder.php, just making sure the space is fine in google product_category, and no underscore is needed

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY == 1) $output .= "\tgoogle product_category";

Jack, in the file googlefeeder.php, just making sure the space is fine in google product_category, and no underscore is needed

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY == 1) $output .= "\tgoogle product_category";

I never noticed that before. It is supposed to be google product category but it has never caused aproblem so my guess is googles parser can handle it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's already code in place to do that. I don't know what it could be if it isn't working.

I added this to the cleaner array: '"' => '',

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "®" => "", "™" => "", "™" => "", "\t" => "", " " => "", " " => "", '"' => '',);

and it worked

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I need a small bit of help

I installed this add on for my 2.3. store and installed all perfect but when I click the Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed link as I get the following

Feed contains 828 products.

***Warning:*** There are 4 products with a quantity of 0.

0 - http://irhmedia.co.uk/glee-mouse-p-127.html

1 - http://irhmedia.co.uk/disney-assorted-p-241.html

2 - http://irhmedia.co.uk/trident-t1000-steel-scooter-p-343.html

3 - http://irhmedia.co.uk/outdoor-coloured-christmas-lights-p-381.html

File Completed (with warnings): your-outfile.txt

Use the following for easier viewing from this page. It is still in development and not meant for anything other than viewing.

File Completed (with warnings): your-outfile.csv

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /customers/5/9/2/irhmedia.co.uk/httpd.www/administration/googlefeeder.php on line 566

Does it mean its didnt work cause of the fatal error line at the bottom